Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Confirmed by who?

Anyone. Sometimes on here names get bandied about and there isn’t any substance behind it, just hearsay. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Anyone. Sometimes on here names get bandied about and there isn’t any substance behind it, just hearsay. 

Often poor performances= bad guys.

Its the kickback way.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Said this last night and its made no difference.

The culprits had Walker tarred and feathered last night. ****ing shameful behaviour. 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Notts1874 said:

The culprits had Walker tarred and feathered last night. ****ing shameful behaviour. 

I'm no fan of his because I think he could have been so much better throughout his time with us but speculating on who for unknown reasons didnt want to accept a pay cut is just trashy!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I just realised what you meant there. Was a bit slow on the uptake.  

So In baseball terms, if you hit an infield home run then where would the ball be? 

Too clever for me now  :)

37 minutes ago, Georgieboy said:

There was also a loan fund set up of 1 million pounds from memory i cant remember if this was AB or the unnamed benefactors. I think the accounts said 900k of this had been used. I recall Ab talking of this .

I suppose strictly speaking its internal debt but never the less it has to be paid.

Ps perhaps it has been .

Think it was pretty much same deal. Bidco arranged a loan facility with the club a and they drew down as required. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

While I agree, his family should maybe think a bit more carefully about there use of social media. His sister stuck Jamie’s head above the parapet then everybody went off the deep end jumping to conclusions. 

She is of course entitled to say what she wants on social media but she should maybe get her brain in gear before she does. 

Ex member of the SaS
29 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

We are still talking to them. 

So you know who they are but are not saying, right? WTF is the point of posting then? I doesn't make you look big or special so why bother? IF you have info and it's accurate and truthful then spit it out or don't waste our time.

NaturalOrder74

Thing is there will be hundreds of free agents by the end of this anyway, any of the players not accepting the wage cut will be left worse off, and possibly unemployed for a long period of time

The ‘spend what you earn’ excuse is a completely load of shite, there’s nothing to spend your money on right now anyway with nothing being open, tI can’t see any way that these players have 70/80 % of their wages outgoings a month no chance 

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So you know who they are but are not saying, right? WTF is the point of posting then? I doesn't make you look big or special so why bother? IF you have info and it's accurate and truthful then spit it out or don't waste our time.

Chill man. He’s came up with lots of good info in the past. If his judgement is it’s not the right time to share info then that’s up to him. 

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

You come across as a very nasty and bitter person. Noticed that a couple of times. Thanks for your interaction though. 

20 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Mainly to stop nasty vindictive comments from the likes of you about certain players. 

It’s not going to stop my remark that Walker isn’t worth the wage he’s on full stop.  Regardless of if he has taken a wage cut or not.

Its not going to stop speculation either, it just comes across as look at me I know. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

It’s not going to stop my remark that Walker isn’t worth the wage he’s on full stop.  Regardless of if he has taken a wage cut or not.

Its not going to stop speculation either, it just comes across as look at me I know. 

Well it put the Walker bullshit to bed. You were all over it at the time. I don't care how you think it looks. 

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'm no fan of his because I think he could have been so much better throughout his time with us but speculating on who for unknown reasons didnt want to accept a pay cut is just trashy!!

There’s very little posts at all on people speculating who didn’t accept a pay cut though.  Just a link to some twitter shite that’s not worth much attention and a couple saying Micheal Smith wants released. 

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Jeez relax Walter. 

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Well it put the Walker bullshit to bed. You were all over it at the time. I don't care how you think it looks. 

I didn’t speculate at all he did or didn’t take a paycut.  I also stuck up for Michael Smith when it was suggested he was working his ticket.  So to label me in the alleging certain players refused a paycut is unfair.  It also didn’t put the walker bullshit to bed.  You came on and said Walker took a paycut about half an hour after all speculation died down when it was revealed only two players haven’t agreed at this time and even that looks like it’s agreeable now.  

Edited by Last Laff

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

There’s very little posts at all on people speculating who didn’t accept a pay cut though.  Just a link to some twitter shite that’s not worth much attention and a couple saying Micheal Smith wants released. 

Think Smith’s contract is up soon anyway. If he wants released it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You come across as a very nasty and bitter person. Noticed that a couple of times. Thanks for your interaction though. 

You know nothing about me and have never seen anything I posted that is bitter or nasty. Just put up or shut up.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Think Smith’s contract is up soon anyway. If he wants released it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Up next year. Signed an extension last year 👍

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You know nothing about me and have never seen anything I posted that is bitter or nasty. Just put up or shut up.

Still so angry. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll reiterate. In fairness, Notts DM'd me last night whilst this was all going on and said Walker wasn't one of the two.

He did in fact ask me to say on JKB as he'd forgotten his log-in, but I couldn't at the time what with being incredibly busy in lockdown. As it happened, Jy-Tees who if memory serves knows the family, said so too. And I actually confirmed it.

Notts I believe also does know the actual two involved, but has not told me, or have I asked.

I believe he will know the two and I have never suggested otherwise.  My grievance is why declare it but can’t tell anyone?  That doesn’t help anything apart from provoke red mist from some (see above). 

Not many posters at all speculated or starting ripping any player for not agreeing to the paycuts though.  More posters have randomly mentioned Uche and Washington than Walker.  My comment on Walker is hes more or less a very fortunate boy for the contract he’s on and he would be on less than 20/30 % anywhere else than Hearts at the moment also.  I will stick by that, even if he hasn’t agreed a paycut I wouldn’t rip him for that action as everyone has personal circumstances regardless. 

Edited by Last Laff

10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Put up or shut up?????

He's defending players being hung drawn and quartered on here on the strength of guesswork and prejudice.

Why, given your tone and the general behaviour on here would he give you names of those still in discussion. Grow up.

@Notts1874

iignore them, man. You were quite right to defend Jamie.

I don’t care who it is tbh.....any player not happy will probably have the right to leave.

We don’t have a single player that can’t and won’t be replaced. 

Edited by DH1986

1 minute ago, Barack said:

No, I know. Wasn't dipping into that discussion per se. Just happened to quote yours instead for ease.

I've not exactly been a fan of him in the past, and despite my wanting whoever (if they indeed do refuse cuts) to just vanish from Hearts, I don't see the hounding of whoever it is as necessary. 

Michael Smith goes jogging and he's sending a come and get me plea to Stoke, if you believe some folk on here, ffs. :lol:

If there are valid reasons for the individual(s) in not accepting terms should that happen, I'll take them on board. If not...see ya. I was more annoyed yesterday that a collective were still dragging their heels apparently. Not sure the advice from the SPFA is doing them much help either.

Cool, no bother.

And I do agree with the rest of your post, strongly. 👍

Ross County chairman has come out and said with the number of players contracts expiring in June, he expects about 60% of Scottish players to be unemployed. 

Not got a problem with the two who aren't accepting it , says more about their priorities than principles imo . 

Their  agents are obv working their ticket for a move . 

Bit of a stain on their character if they don't take the small hit on their wages considering they are on  pretty decent basics. Got a feeling they will probably accept the cut pretty soon tbh 

colinmaroon

SPFA pull plug on legal action, because they didn't have a leg to stand on and they knew it.

"Poltical"grandstanding and guilty of misleading some of the players.

husref musemic

not one player is irreplaceable or worth keeping.

i hope we have all learned about the characters at our club. they should be f****g honoured to be here. 

greedy selfish charlatans and shite footballers who've won four games all season. four ! 

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Ross County chairman has come out and said with the number of players contracts expiring in June, he expects about 60% of Scottish players to be unemployed. 

Should make for some interesting moves in the window.

Heartsofgold

With the number of free players in the summer then it could be interesting times once we can start to assemble a team again.

3fingersreid

Very few players leave Hearts and go onto bigger and better teams , some of them should remember that . 

15 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

With the number of free players in the summer then it could be interesting times once we can start to assemble a team again.

A lot will depend on who exactly is assembling that team.

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

A lot will depend on who exactly is assembling that team.

Hopefully not Stendel after his January exploits 

Advijaj 🥴

Marcel 🙈

HONKING.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Advijaj 🥴

Marcel 🙈

HONKING.

I remember the first two .:biglaugh: 

Seriously I don't think Stendel will be back and it will be Neil McCann as the new Boss.  Just a hunch no more.

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Advijaj 🥴

Marcel 🙈

HONKING.

Marcel has had less than 120 mins of football having moved to a completely new country. Avdvijaj has played less than 120 mins. You can think they played poorly in their combined 6 appearances but you cant write them off so quickly. Its something that annoys me at how quick fans are to write off new signings and youngsters.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

David McCaig
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Marcel has had less than 120 mins of football having moved to a completely new country. Avdvijaj has played less than a 120 mins. You can think they played poorly in their combined 6 appearances but you cant write them off so quickly. Its something that annoys me at how quick fans are to write off new signings and youngsters.

I get your point, but they have been atrocious signings in the context of us being bang in the middle of a relegation fight and needing players who could hit the ground running!!!

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I get your point, but they have been atrocious signings in the context of us being bang in the middle of a relegation fight and needing players who could hit the ground running!!!

Arguably Liam Boyce has also been poor, looked decent in his first two games and well off the pace thereafter.

Probably best add the standard 'January is a difficult' market cliche.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, David McCaig said:

You can make that point, but there was also 2 months left of the season to go, 8 games, if Donis scored 2 goals and assited 1 in those 8 games which wins us 3 games, that could have been the difference between staying up and going down. You cant fairly judge two signings as atrocious with so much of the season still to go.

27 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Very few players leave Hearts and go onto bigger and better teams , some of them should remember that . 

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Advijaj 🥴

Marcel 🙈

HONKING.

Maybe something in Stendel’s favour is prior to Hearts he seemed to favour younger players. If we could get a group together who are mostly hungry to progress their careers after Hearts that would be nice. 

Rick Sanchez
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure it was ever revealed but general belief is that it was Harry Stone, mainly because both his parents are Doctors?

If the young lad doesn't mind it should be made public. It probably doesn't do much in the grand scheme of things but it's a top gesture and one that should be applauded when football resumes. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You can make that point, but there was also 2 months left of the season to go, 8 games, if Donis scored 2 goals and assited 1 in those 8 games which wins us 3 games, that could have been the difference between staying up and going down. You cant fairly judge two signings as atrocious with so much of the season still to go.

I have a cult heroish liking for Donis and used to go to every game hoping it would be the week he came good, maybe he would have done, maybe he will, but at present the ledger says atrocious!!

As for Langer, he's a 23 year old who other than a couple of piss poor games for Hearts has played zero first team football in his career.  A signing to be classed in the Mo Berthe category!!

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If the young lad doesn't mind it should be made public. It probably doesn't do much in the grand scheme of things but it's a top gesture and one that should be applauded when football resumes. 

Respect his privacy, but ultimately Hearts need all the PR wins and good news stories they can get at present.

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I have a cult heroish liking for Donis and used to go to every game hoping it would be the week he came good, maybe he would have done, maybe he will, but at present the ledger says atrocious!!

As for Langer, he's a 23 year old who other than a couple of piss poor games for Hearts has played zero first team football in his career.  A signing to be classed in the Mo Berthe category!!

Langer isn’t a signing to be classed as anything. 

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The Harry Stone assumption seemed to be a total guess on here originally. Can see the logic but it was just only that.

Great gesture from whoever it was.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The senior squad members will know and they are the ones who should be starting to understand the situation. 

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

The Harry Stone assumption seemed to be a total guess on here originally. Can see the logic but it was just only that.

Great gesture from whoever it was.

Agreed but I think all wage negotiations/agreements should be private .

Of course the players can be slagged off for their performances but renegotiating their contracts is a separate matter .

Plenty workers would be holding guns to their bosses heads right now if it hadn't been for the government payout .

Players appear to have finally shown some common sense in time for payday 

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Agreed but I think all wage negotiations/agreements should be private .

Of course the players can be slagged off for their performances but renegotiating their contracts is a separate matter .

Plenty workers would be holding guns to their bosses heads right now if it hadn't been for the government payout .

Players appear to have finally shown some common sense in time for payday 

Individual players will all have their own plans for the future. Rarely that loyalty is seen at clubs ever.