Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

bajthejambo
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Naismith "jumped" apparently. They really making him out to be a scab??

Oor own John M-M-Martin?

Was just about to post the same. Incredible that the Record has tried to spin Naismith and Stendel's voluntary cuts as a negative.

Well this is proof that bad news sells. The club seem to have agreed something that will help sustain its future and the thread is silent. 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Offensive ?...what mixed up world do you live in ?

I was right ..the drama queens are taking over.

Takes one to know one ☺

Guest ToqueJambo
56 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

"Now Liam Boyce, Conor Washington and the rest of Tynecastle stars have agreed to take temporary changes that chairwoman Ann Budge has put in place until August."

Is that the Record's way of saying who the last two were? Who cares. The players have done the right thing and they can get paid before half of them no doubt get ditched by Stendel 😅

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Seems they have been assured there will be no further drop in wages even /when we go down. 

The standard relegation clause of 25% reduction on high contracts will be applied to their full wage, as opposed to the reduced amount they've agreed. 

If our relegation is confirmed, the reduced wage will essentially be the new normal if they elect to stay with us. 

It will be interesting to compare the financial implications of all this between us and Hibs when the dust has has settled and we are playing in front of full crowds again.

From what I have bern able to glean, we will be far better off unless something unforeseen happens like Ron putting in money as a gift rather than a loan.

SectionDJambo

This is the only sensible way to go. Deferral is madness. The clubs that are deferring have no idea when they will be taking in income again, but wanted the easy way out, for now. Why players think that their employer should be giving them a full wage, even in the fullness of time, when there will be no income for the business, is a sure sign of a lack of club loyalty.

Hearts players, we are told, do not have to rely on bonuses to be paid well, unlike other teams. They have been treated like adults by the club, and should behave as such, to Hearts, now.

What can those players, who say they need the money, possibly be spending it on presently? No restaurants, bars, clubs, theatre, cinema or hairdressers, for those fancy hair do’s, and plenty of opportunity to take payment holidays on mortgages and other loans.

They will pay less tax and insurance as well, which will favour their net pay amount. I realise some get paid more than others, but there is a range of reduction of between 30% to 10%, which you would imagine, levels this out.

I am pleased that the Hearts players have agreed, but disappointed some took it right to the wire to do it.

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

And you must know much of what you say is misleading

The drama seekers are coming out in force the more this 'incident' goes on.

Like it or not and you clearly do not the players were given contracts by the club and to them their personal circumstances may be of more importance to them than the club.

They are not fans they are employees so whist you may feel one way it does not mean they are wrong to feel another way.

They may not agree that the club would go bust or be unable to meet their commitments...and the reason for the cuts is not because we are 'going bust' but to avoid debt.  Our club would survive even under the current circumstances.

Attacking players for simply asking for their salary seems to take us back to times where employers ruled the world and those daring to question would be punished.  Those days are gone and thank goodness for that.

Now as we can see the vast majority like many in these difficult times have agreed to make sacrifices so instead of going overboard praise them for the reality not the fantasy

Nothing I said was misleading.

i never mentioned us going bust.

if their personal circumstances are more important to them than the club then they are at odds with club policy which, if what Ann has said is true, the overwhelming majority of staff have agreed to. it’s hardly surprising as a hearts fan I’d like the club to cancel the contracts of anyone who refuses to take a cut in wages while doing no work. Especially as the contract allows for this. 

There are millions of people in this country, all with employment contracts, who have been placed on furlough and many of whom will be in worse financial positions than our players but you think the players have the right to ask for full pay? Are their contracts in some way special compared to your average punter? As for taking us back to a time when employers ruled the world? Who’s being the drama queen?

i notice this morning that all our players have accepted the cuts and I’m really pleased they’ve seen sense. It’s just a shame a few special cases were holding out to the last minute because they considered their wages were more important than the bloke standing next to them. 

Edited by GinRummy

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Offensive ?...what mixed up world do you live in ?

I was right ..the drama queens are taking over.

More drama from you. How ironic. 

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It will be interesting to compare the financial implications of all this between us and Hibs when the dust has has settled and we are playing in front of full crowds again.

From what I have bern able to glean, we will be far better off unless something unforeseen happens like Ron putting in money as a gift rather than a loan.

We will not be better off Doug. 

We face a hit of 3 or 4 million pound because of expulsion to lower league football. 

Perhaps if the useless beggars in our squad could have at least assured us of Premier league football we would also have been able to defer rather than cut their wages. 

It is the players as a group who are responsible for the actions the club has been forced to take. They have no one to blame except themselves. They need to take responsibility instead of running to the SPFA. 

Michael Smith just posted on his instagram he'd been sick for the last month if anyone would like to roll back their comments about him being lazy or trying to work his ticket...

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Michael Smith just posted on his instagram he'd been sick for the last month if anyone would like to roll back their comments about him being lazy or trying to work his ticket...

But I thought he was working his ticket out of Hearts with a clever coded post on instagram.

That last few days on this thread has shown the problem of quick mob uprising based on little or no information. With people suddenly deciding Smith was a terrible player for us and Jamie Walker is the devil, both absolute nonsense.

27 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

he’s been sick for an entire month?? ****ing hell, hope he’s alright. 

Worthing Jambo
41 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Just think, if he had said that at the time it would have avoided all that speculation.

Hopefully on the mend now.

Batistuta87

Like how the Record have worded the bit about DS "agreeing" to work for free, as if he was asked.

He volunteered. 

Hate that paper.

Edited by Batistuta87

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol: 

Really means:

"I've been sick. Of Hearts fans. And Budge. Expect me to be playing for Rangers in August."

Amirite...?  Honestly. Some folk. :lol:

😂

Batistuta87
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Then don't read the arserag. What the feck did you expect from them? 

Praise to the high heavens? 

They are an ersecheek comic. 

I don't read it, but had to read the article above to get some context on the conversation here....

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I take your point 👍

I wouldn't go anywhere near it personally. 

Not without proper protection. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Controversial opinion but credit to Budge for securing the wage cuts to preserve the short-term future of the club. There has been a lot of mistakes made by the leadership over the past few years but this is a sensible move. I hope this doesn’t void any clauses in players contracts for a % drop in wages from relegation however.

Ex member of the SaS
12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Naismith "jumped" apparently. They really making him out to be a scab??

Oor own John M-M-Martin?

Sorry BigO but I read this differently. When you read it, it says the teams position was weakened when the captain jumped and took the cut. Therefore making it harder for the team to refuse to do the same.

SectionDJambo
53 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

But I thought he was working his ticket out of Hearts with a clever coded post on instagram.

That last few days on this thread has shown the problem of quick mob uprising based on little or no information. With people suddenly deciding Smith was a terrible player for us and Jamie Walker is the devil, both absolute nonsense.

That was behaviour, typical of the kind you get when people allow themselves to get uptight over misinformation and unsubstantiated rumour, the kind of which has been flooding us, on here, for weeks now. 

Some Hearts people are extremely worried about how our club is being portrayed, and critical of the club, including the players, as a result of the constant negativity being thrown about.  Some of the critisism is justified. However, much of that negativity is clearly made up rubbish from interlopers or mischief making, and looking to be the only one who knows nonsense, from some of our own people.

So here we have a situation, where a player who has been unwell and unable to train for a month, became someone who we would be happy to get rid of because of the jumping to conclusions, due to the avalanche of negativity. And he's not the only player to have drawn this type of comment over unsubstantiated information.

It's a situation only we can change by not believing every comment on here, without proper thought and scrutiny. As said plenty times, dark forces are out there looking to divide us from the club, and each other, to make the final goal of hurting Hearts easier.

We need to stick together.

16 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Controversial opinion but credit to Budge for securing the wage cuts to preserve the short-term future of the club. There has been a lot of mistakes made by the leadership over the past few years but this is a sensible move. I hope this doesn’t void any clauses in players contracts for a % drop in wages from relegation however.

was reported in one of the papers that most have a 25% wage reduction if relegated and that this will only be from original wage not the new one 

19 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry BigO but I read this differently. When you read it, it says the teams position was weakened when the captain jumped and took the cut. Therefore making it harder for the team to refuse to do the same.

Yeah that's kinda how I read it too but it felt like negative tone to me, like Naisy "jumping" was to the detriment of his teammates where it could have been written that he and Dan were happy to help the club.

Im pretty bloody jumpy re Oor media just now may be being touchy but that's how it reads to me.

Did bring back find memories of shouting scab scab scab at John Martin though!!! Me being from a guid honest mining faimly n that!

Ex member of the SaS
13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah that's kinda how I read it too but it felt like negative tone to me, like Naisy "jumping" was to the detriment of his teammates where it could have been written that he and Dan were happy to help the club.

Im pretty bloody jumpy re Oor media just now may be being touchy but that's how it reads to me.

Did bring back find memories of shouting scab scab scab at John Martin though!!! Me being from a guid honest mining faimly n that!

Yes the way they make out Stendel was asked to take no wages does put a negative slant on things, but that has always been the Daily Retards default position regarding us.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's not the first and won't be the last to underestimate how competitive it is up here. I think he gets it now. I would like to see what sort of a team he can put together and am 100% behind him for next season (if he stays - which it sounds like he will). 

Definitely agree that we looked better since he took over. I basically blame Perreira to be completely honest. I backed him and backed him probably in conversation with you before - thinking there must've been a keeper in there if Man Utd thought so - but he cost us so many goals and ultimately points. I genuinely think that if we had a better keeper or even if we had put Bobby in goals sooner, we would be nowhere near the bottom. 

Agree. 

Stendel could be exciting. 

Even in the championship, if we're honest we'll still have the 4th or 5th most expensive squad in the country. 

Our chances in the cups will be the same. 

As long as we come up, it could be exciting so hopefully Stendel  sees that and builds a team. 

Hibs made a lc final and won the sc in the championship. 

It's shite, but not the end. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Definitely, if this was the media darlings in Leith it would be Captain and manager show the way to the rest of the players. Common sense has finally broken out, like most of the real world they have now taken a cut and let’s not forget but move on as we have bigger fish to fry.

David McCaig

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-entire-squad-agrees-wage-21942381

The Record suggesting that all players have now accepted the wage cut, but alarming that the article suggests the club won’t implement the relegation wage drop on top of this.

Surely a wage cut is relative to basic wage and if we are relegated, none of these players are Premier League players anymore, so their previous salary no longer applies.  

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-entire-squad-agrees-wage-21942381

The Record suggesting that all players have now accepted the wage cut, but alarming that the article suggests the club won’t implement the relegation wage drop on top of this.

Surely a wage cut is relative to basic wage and if we are relegated, none of these players are Premier League players anymore, so their previous salary no longer applies.  

Not alarming at all. A 25% reduction in their current salary is fair enough.

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Part of the negotiations.

Seems fair enough. 

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not alarming at all. A 25% reduction in their current salary is fair enough.

I get that, but their current salary would be reducing by 25% anyway in the next few days, which means that realistically players will effectively be on their full salaries as Championship players.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I get that, but their current salary would be reducing by 25% anyway in the next few days, which means that realistically players will effectively be on their full salaries as Championship players.

Back to full wages when we are back to normal.

The indication was this cut is for April to June wages. So maybe negotiations reopen again soon. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Hungry hippo
Just now, David McCaig said:

I understand but am not alarmed. Reducing the wage bill by 25% immediately with further reductions likely due to reshaping the squad if required is a great start.

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Back to full wages when we are back to normal.

The indication was this cut is for April to June wages. So maybe negotiations reopen again soon. 

If the current agreement is only for 3 months, then that’s fair enough.

18 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

So the N. Irish guys have agreed. I think that's important because we might actually get some money for them now. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

So the N. Irish guys have agreed. I think that's important because we might actually get some money for them now. 

As I’ve said before no one is paying cash for a 32 year old journeyman, at a Scottish Championship club,  who has never played English football above L1 level!!

I think Michael Smith is an excellent Hearts player, but pie in the sky to think we are getting a fee for him.

25 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

As I’ve said before no one is paying cash for a 32 year old journeyman, at a Scottish Championship club,  who has never played English football above L1 level!!

I think Michael Smith is an excellent Hearts player, but pie in the sky to think we are getting a fee for him.

That's not quite true. He's played at International level and SPFL level which is better than League 1.

It entirely depends if the English leagues come back or not. We'd get a couple of hundred grand for these guys. Which is better than nothing. His old International manager would happily have him. 

9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Nothing I said was misleading.

i never mentioned us going bust.

if their personal circumstances are more important to them than the club then they are at odds with club policy which, if what Ann has said is true, the overwhelming majority of staff have agreed to. it’s hardly surprising as a hearts fan I’d like the club to cancel the contracts of anyone who refuses to take a cut in wages while doing no work. Especially as the contract allows for this. 

There are millions of people in this country, all with employment contracts, who have been placed on furlough and many of whom will be in worse financial positions than our players but you think the players have the right to ask for full pay? Are their contracts in some way special compared to your average punter? As for taking us back to a time when employers ruled the world? Who’s being the drama queen?

i notice this morning that all our players have accepted the cuts and I’m really pleased they’ve seen sense. It’s just a shame a few special cases were holding out to the last minute because they considered their wages were more important than the bloke standing next to them. 

I was really hoping Uche would’ve stuck to his guns and refused his offer. £3.5k per week for him is a joke. He’s not worth even half of that. 30% of that is £1,050 and even at £2,450 per week we’re being mugged off. 

I’m angry at the unquestioned amount of money Levein has cost us with this abomination of a squad. 

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I was really hoping Uche would’ve stuck to his guns and refused his offer. £3.5k per week for him is a joke. He’s not worth even half of that. 30% of that is £1,050 and even at £2,450 per week we’re being mugged off. 

I’m angry at the unquestioned amount of money Levein has cost us with this abomination of a squad. 

I was hoping to lose a few during this process as well. Agree with every word regarding Levein. I hope we’ve learned from the mistakes but the warning signs were there and completely ignored when he was given even more money to spunk at the start of this season. 

The fact that some posters are acting like a 21st century Mick Mcgahey and defending the players right to ask for full pay shows how at odds the fans are with each other. The unity the support had in the championship season seems a long, long time ago. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was hoping to lose a few during this process as well. Agree with every word regarding Levein. I hope we’ve learned from the mistakes but the warning signs were there and completely ignored when he was given even more money to spunk at the start of this season. 

The fact that some posters are acting like a 21st century Mick Mcgahey and defending the players right to ask for full pay shows how at odds the fans are with each other. The unity the support had in the championship season seems a long, long time ago. 

Let’s wait and see what demotion brings. Hopefully we can lose a few on the way down. I’m totally detached from this squad and the way we’ve been run as a football club and business would bring tears to a glass eye.

I thought the Romanov years and with being the laughing stock of Scottish football was firmly over. How wrong could I have been! I guess the two SC wins helped with that pain however pain feels oh so much more.  Hurt and angry just doesn’t  describe my mood right now mate. 

28 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

:what:£3.5k a week for Uche.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:what:£3.5k a week for Uche.

Certainly is. Don’t ask me how I know. He was offered an extended contract remember by the man who shall remain nameless. In fact that man shall, from this day forth, be called the moneyspunker 

28 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Let’s wait and see what demotion brings. Hopefully we can lose a few on the way down. I’m totally detached from this squad and the way we’ve been run as a football club and business would bring tears to a glass eye.

I thought the Romanov years and with being the laughing stock of Scottish football was firmly over. How wrong could I have been! I guess the two SC wins helped with that pain however pain feels oh so much more.  Hurt and angry just doesn’t  describe my mood right now mate. 

Yeah. Think we’re all feeling it just now. The nick we are in was easily avoided and that’s the real crunch. If the club were short of cash and playing kids and cheap wages I could accept the mess we’re in. 

I heard at the time Uche was getting offered 3.5k to extend contract.

Kidd’s Boots

Credit where credits due to both AB & the players for agreeing to a sensible conclusion to this stand off. I'm sure opinions will still run high over these issues, but this is the best outcome for the future, wherever that may lie,  for the footballing side of the business.

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Certainly is. Don’t ask me how I know. He was offered an extended contract remember by the man who shall remain nameless. In fact that man shall, from this day forth, be called the moneyspunker 

Moneyspunker's contract expires in May.  I wonder if Ann will try and keep him employed by the club in some capacity.

I wonder how he got on with his review of the Medical Dept?

Noticed Michael Smith on Instagram saying he's been Ill for the last month .

Guess that's why it was his first run in a month 

16 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Noticed Michael Smith on Instagram saying he's been Ill for the last month .

Guess that's why it was his first run in a month 

Wonder if he had Coronavirus?  

(not taking the piss btw, being serious)

Hungry hippo
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wonder if he had Coronavirus?  

(not taking the piss btw, being serious)

A fair chance he at least had symptoms and was self isolating for the recommended 14 days whether he actually had it or not.

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

A fair chance he at least had symptoms and was self isolating for the recommended 14 days whether he actually had it or not.

Yeah. Got to think there was a chance.