• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Five to One

Sportsound trying to push the agenda of Hearts fans agreeing we should go down if games can’t be played. 90% of those I know don’t think so. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Richard Cramer sports lawyer likens it to the World Wars and suggests void is the only outcome

15 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

There is no way that Hearts should accept being shafted in this situation.As i have said "it aint over til the fat lady sings"The rules back this up.

The SPFL will be ridden with self interest and Hearts should seek allies,use the rule book and if necessary the threat of legal action if there is an attempt to decide that its league placings as its stands.

Forget the "we deserve it nonsense".We are talking about the future of our club and millions of pounds.

Spot on... anyone (Hearts fans ) accepting relegation can get to ****... relegation especially in this scenario would be illegal and we must fight it in the courts if necessary 

If we go down it will be catastrophic 

Five to One
19 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

They aren’t going to overturn it, they might disagree with the decision and award compensation but how can they order a league that has been declared null and void or concluded to be played.  Think it through that scenario just can’t be implemented in actuality.

Given there can be no existing case law for this they can surely just defer back to the judgment of the original bodies.

if we get Relegated I would be embarrassed if we end up going to CoA.  We were the worst team in the league to this point, no excuses no mitigation.  Then a once in 100 years unprecedented event happens so we should take our medicine and suck it up.  Not whining ‘it’s not fair’. That’s all a bit Hibs for my liking. 

Appreciate your point of view, but integrity of professional football in Scotland is gone for me if we go down without another ball being kicked. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Five to One said:

Hearing that on Sportsound now. Be interesting to hear the justification for this and precedent it sets for the future. I for one would be appalled.

This could end up in a civil court.

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

+1

Get this pathetic attitude to ****.

I think it’s more pathetic to be whining that’s ‘it’s not fair’ and ‘we are going to it take you to court’

we are shite and we are deservedly bottom of the league after nearly 30 games.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I think it’s more pathetic to be whining that’s ‘it’s not fair’ and ‘we are going to it take you to court’

we are shite, we are deservedly bottom of the league after nearly 30 games.

And toss away millions?

How kind of you 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

FFS

have word with yourself 

Edited by jbee647

Why should Hearts go down with 24 points to play for and 6 behind.

Have St.Mirren had to play Rangers 3 times? Etc etc

Taking Hearts head out if it, it makes zero sense to demote Hearts.

6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Spot on... anyone (Hearts fans ) accepting relegation can get to ****... relegation especially in this scenario would be illegal and we must fight it in the courts if necessary 

If we go down it will be catastrophic 

Fans accepting relegation have no right to call our players chicken hearted non triers.  It's not over until mathematical impossible to avoid relegation. Remember Graham Weir.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Gambo said:

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No, it’s definitely more pathetic wanting your club to be thrown under the bus to the benefit of others. Risible in fact.

Just now, EIEIO said:

Fans accepting relegation have no right to call our players chicken hearted non triers.  It's not over until mathematical impossible to avoid relegation. Remeber Graham Weir.

👏👏

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Do you think they will really give a sh@t

Yes I do. Mathematically they’ve won nothing & having that asterisk there would highlight that. 
I’m sure their cousins across the city would only be too happy to remind them that nine in a row was by default.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This could end up in a civil court.

Is there not a FIFA/UEFA / SFA  rule barring clubs taking legal action against national leagues/associations?

Five to One
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, it’s definitely more pathetic wanting your club to be thrown under the bus to the benefit of others. Risible in fact.

Reeks of spoons on this Board. 

Just now, Five to One said:

Reeks of spoons on this Board. 

Indeed. I’m sure there are people who’s remit it is to stop that sort of thing though. Who are we to question them. 

No longer active

The science says it could be Oct / Nov before the virus has run its course. And there are many unknowns as to what the aftermath brings. 

So it is not inconceivable that football won’t be played until well into the Autumn. 

If next season is going to be compromised as well then we may as well finish this season (the fairest way) and have a one off half season of 22 fixtures each starting when we finish this season. 

Underlying all this is public safety which must be paramount. 

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If you’re not a Hibby you definitely think like one

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Absolutely mate well said 👏👏

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Is there not a FIFA/UEFA / SFA  rule barring clubs taking legal action against national leagues/associations?

Don’t know.

It wouldn’t surprise me but there maybe a loophole round it if there is.

The Celtic Liverpool is the easiest thing to sort out. 

You can't relegate teams who had the chance of a play off or higher. You can't have the playoff because of the virus. Teams have played different amounts of games which can't be evened out. 

England are not about to relegate villa who are in the bottom 3 but with a game in hand. What ever happens in the top league has top be done all through the league's.

Is Celtics championship more important than Raith or Falkirk ?

16 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Sportsound trying to push the agenda of Hearts fans agreeing we should go down if games can’t be played. 90% of those I know don’t think so. 

The new poll should help.

Suso Santana

We obviously deserve to go down more than any other club in the league,

We're bottom ffs! plus when you think of the resources we have compared to 7 other teams in the league, it makes it even more pathetic. 

That being said.... 

We still have 8 games to pull us out the shit and that shouldn't be taken away from us. 

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Only four behind! Even better than you thought? 

Mathematically hearts can still finish above hibs if they were to drop into bottom 6. Would not make one bit of sense to relegate hearts.. also the playoff situation as well can see it all being voided.

Usual nonsense from folk with way too much time on their hands banging on about this pundit or that pundit and their 'anti Hearts' agenda on sportsound, blah blah blah...

Everyone out to get us 🤣😂 of course they are, its their lifes work to put the boot into Hearts...

Nobody, nobody, knows how this will pan out, but in a football context only, we have been pathetic for a number of years and the management at our club have let us all down in that time....

If we go down, in a football sense, its deserved, and hopefully a change of guard in the boardroom, coinciding with fan ownership and hopefully an apppintment of a new exciting board that have successful football backgrounds. We have an exceptionally bright future and this could be 12 months of massive changes to help us regroup and start punching our weight again and restoring some natural order...

Auldreekie1874
12 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Right now we deserve to be bottom but as we all know a season lasts 38 games so nobody deserves to be relegated until 38 games have been completed. 

Five to One
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The new poll should help.

Hopefully. Early voting, but % mirrors my experience with other fans. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Auldreekie1874 said:

Right now we deserve to be bottom but as we all know a season lasts 38 games so nobody deserves to be relegated until 38 games have been completed. 

Until it’s mathematically impossible to stay up we shouldn’t be relegated.

Five to One
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Usual nonsense from folk with way too much time on their hands banging on about this pundit or that pundit and their 'anti Hearts' agenda on sportsound, blah blah blah...

Everyone out to get us 🤣😂 of course they are, its their lifes work to put the boot into Hearts...

Nobody, nobody, knows how this will pan out, but in a football context only, we have been pathetic for a number of years and the management at our club have let us all down in that time....

If we go down, in a football sense, its deserved, and hopefully a change of guard in the boardroom, coinciding with fan ownership and hopefully an apppintment of a new exciting board that have successful football backgrounds. We have an exceptionally bright future and this could be 12 months of massive changes to help us regroup and start punching our weight again and restoring some natural order...

Agree with all your points about the Board and need for change, but this isn’t just about Hearts, it’s about sporting integrity. 

2 hours ago, One five said:

As we know the league is played over 38 games , we still have 8 games to play 24 pts !!!who is to say it would be impossible for us to pick up let's say 15 pts or who is to say it's not possible for Hamilton and RC only to pick up 6 pts ! , ok maybe this is unlikely who knows! but it's not impossible! how anyone thinks we deserve to be relegated before these games are played is beyond belief imo.

I think opinions have been formed based on the 30 games that have been played to date. So looking at the points we have gained in those games it is highly unlikely that we are going to amass all that many more in the remaining 8 games.

You are correct in that we could have a great run and secure enough points to get us away from the bottom and maybe even above the play-off place but based on our record against the bottom six teams then it is unlikely.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Here’s another thing. Any substantial change would require an 11-1 majority vote amongst the clubs. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 2 who Will vote against .

Makes no sense. 

There has to a decision made. 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I think opinions have been formed based on the 30 games that have been played to date. So looking at the points we have gained in those games it is highly unlikely that we are going to amass all that many more in the remaining 8 games.

You are correct in that we could have a great run and secure enough points to get us away from the bottom and maybe even above the play-off place but based on our record against the bottom six teams then it is unlikely.

Unlikely so but not impossible.

There's always some pseudo-intellectual space cadet who thinks it's a good idea to adopt a contrary position to the obvious interests of the club.    They'll do literally anything to avoid being part of group feeling of grievance.     Would rather project their own deficiency of intestinal fortitude on everyone else.

Get to **** out of the way.    The rest of us will argue our case.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Makes no sense. 

There has to a decision made. 

Agreed. Has to be a fair sporting decision which falls within the rules and does not seriously disadvantage any team

David McCaig

Fortunately, I don't think any decisions will be made in isolation.

Any way forward will.be decided at a minimum UK level and probably a Europe wide solution by UEFA.

44 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's always some pseudo-intellectual space cadet who thinks it's a good idea to adopt a contrary position to the obvious interests of the club.    They'll do literally anything to avoid being part of group feeling of grievance.     Would rather project their own deficiency of intestinal fortitude on everyone else.

Get to **** out of the way.    The rest of us will argue our case.

Yes, vile creatures imo. 

From "Football Insider" (a web site) in England they are saying that Leeds and West Brom are likely to be promoted if no more football this season, but no relegation.

Just now, H2 said:

From "Football Insider" (a web site) in England they are saying that Leeds and West Brom are likely to be promoted if no more football this season, but no relegation.

I don’t get this idea of moving teams up with no relegation. It will imbalance the leagues all the way down. 

59 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Agree with all your points about the Board and need for change, but this isn’t just about Hearts, it’s about sporting integrity. 

I wonder if the SPFL has a pre-existing set of criteria for the kind of decision they’re going to have to make.

If their first criterion is something like feasibility or practicality, we could well be ****ed. But if sporting integrity is their first criterion, they have only two real options - either to declare the season null and void or to opt for the completion of the season at a later date. There can be no awarding of titles or relegation in our league under the current circumstances which would come remotely close to respecting sporting integrity. 

5 minutes ago, leginten said:

I wonder if the SPFL has a pre-existing set of criteria for the kind of decision they’re going to have to make.

If their first criterion is something like feasibility or practicality, we could well be ****ed. But if sporting integrity is their first criterion, they have only two real options - either to declare the season null and void or to opt for the completion of the season at a later date. There can be no awarding of titles or relegation in our league under the current circumstances which would come remotely close to respecting sporting integrity. 

Given the financial meteorite that's about to cause no end of carnage,   practicality will massively outgun sporting integrity.

This is the event that will prove that Scottish Football finances were an accident waiting to happen.    

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Kheredine is a tennis loving Hibs turd.

:fth:

So probably should be renamed ketamine? 

Unknown user

You can guarantee that any attempt to relegate us without a full season of fixtures would be met with litigation. The SPFL have already acknowledged that they don't have any money at all, so I doubt they'd have much desire to go down that route with the cost it would take to defend. I can't see them trying TBH.

I am firmly in the season should be completed side of the debate. With this in mind I think what should happen is that when possible the remaining games should be played to conclusion and only after that a new season be started. To facilitate this all domestic cup competitions should be shelved for next season. If a shortened season is required the clubs should come to agreement on this aspect of the new season. 

This in my view would be far better than bestowing championships, promoting and condemning clubs to relegation when there is no need. For the good of the game the current season must be played to a conclusion before we do anything else. I have been hearing about UEFA and FIFA  making rulings with regard to what may or may not happen...  to be honest they are only going to try to protect their own competitions BUT we are talking about the future of Scottish football here! How many Scottish clubs actually depend on UEFA and FIFA  competitions for their own existence ?  None in my opinion in the grand scheme of things. Yes Celtic and Rangers may make some money but the grass roots of Scottish football derive precious little from European competitions .

I of course would be very interested to hear what other think is the best way forward.

Edited by jock _turd

LarrysRightFoot

i don’t think it’s an easy as that with TV and sponsorship deals. I can’t see this season being played to a conclusion - which again has TV and sponsorship issues. 

As a global viral pandemic has been predicted for a long time I’d like to think FIFA and UEFA have some outline of what they will recommend (probably wishful thinking though as governments have known it was going to happen for long time but don’t seem to have robust plans in place).  

As for the way forward IMO this season is over. Celtic champions. No relegation. Top 4 from championship promoted. Move to 2 bigger leagues below the Premiership.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

i don’t think it’s an easy as that with TV and sponsorship deals. I can’t see this season being played to a conclusion - which again has TV and sponsorship issues. 

As a global viral pandemic has been predicted for a long time I’d like to think FIFA and UEFA have some outline of what they will recommend (probably wishful thinking though as governments have known it was going to happen for long time but don’t seem to have robust plans in place).  

I see what you are saying but TV revenue in Scotland... don't make me laugh. That may very well be an issue down south but in Scotland?