The rise and fall of The SNP.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it seems that reality is not an option in the quest for an Independent Scotland 

There’s also a reality that some of the things they told us a No vote would protect havent. You can’t tell the future mate but are you afraid of it? That’s what a No is to me. You might just not want an indy Scotland and that’s fine but downtrodden into believing we won’t be able to do anything on our own it’s pretty pathetic. Oil is back up to 2014 prices too and it’s still continuing to run oot as the uk energy ministers demand we keep drilling for more. 
That hoose jock Daisley demanding that anymore indyrefs are just flat out blocked now too so regardless of what happens going forward then according to people like him your voice just shouldn’t matter. 
Living standards are dropping like a stone atm and yet they battered on with a brexit that was won on lies and are aware is very damaging. They’ve even started trying to scare the pensioners again already too. It’ll be up to 75 shortly you won’t need to worry about  the worst pension in western society anyway there’s a fair chance you’ll be dead before eligible. Scotland can afford the pensions no problem btw whether they pay some of or not. £3billion spare in NI takings I believe. 
Imo though it’s the SNP that are a big part of the problem. 
So there’s that.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s also a reality that some of the things they told us a No vote would protect havent. You can’t tell the future mate but are you afraid of it? That’s what a No is to me. You might just not want an indy Scotland and that’s fine but downtrodden into believing we won’t be able to do anything on our own it’s pretty pathetic. Oil is back up to 2014 prices too and it’s still continuing to run oot as the uk energy ministers demand we keep drilling for more. 
That hoose jock Daisley demanding that anymore indyrefs are just flat out blocked now too so regardless of what happens going forward then according to people like him your voice just shouldn’t matter. 
Living standards are dropping like a stone atm and yet they battered on with a brexit that was won on lies and are aware is very damaging. They’ve even started trying to scare the pensioners again already too. It’ll be up to 75 shortly you won’t need to worry about  the worst pension in western society anyway there’s a fair chance you’ll be dead before eligible. Scotland can afford the pensions no problem btw whether they pay some of or not. £3billion spare in NI takings I believe. 
So there’s that.

The bit about pensioners is very relevant. 

Tha last referendum some scumbag from the No side telephoned my mother convincing her that her  pension would be in doubt.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The bit about pensioners is very revelation. 

Tha last referendum some scumbag from the No side telephoned my mother convincing her that her  pension would be in doubt.

Pretty poor stuff. Frightening the old ones is a low bar but they’re at it already again and any campaigning nowhere near starting.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Pretty poor stuff. Frightening the old ones is a low bar but they’re at it already again and any campaigning nowhere near starting.

My mother is in her mid nineties now but hopefully she'll still be here when the next referendum comes.

The Express are well and truly at it now.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it seems that reality is not an option in the quest for an Independent Scotland 

Not sure reality is a topic you should be playing as a strong suit given your posting history 😂

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not sure reality is a topic you should be playing as a strong suit given your posting history 😂

:laugh2:

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

James you still don't get what an implied deficit is or how it doesn't mean the SNP can't balance the books. You wouldn't get the reality if it sat down and explained itself to you.

Aye whatever. The article was about a hard border between Scotland and England. Stop deflecting on to other subjects. 

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

id like to say welcome back.  But id be lying. 

image-23-10-21-06-55-5.gif

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

So there’s that.

Not afraid of the future but concerned about the impact it might have on the younger generation such as my neices and nephews. An Indy Scotland wouldn't have much impact on me, financially.  ( Unless Sturgeon raids private pensions)   But I think of others as we should in society so itll be a naw from me. 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye whatever. The article was about a hard border between Scotland and England. Stop deflecting on to other subjects. 

id like to say welcome back.  But id be lying. 

image-23-10-21-06-55-5.gif

image.gif.9ba16dbfb68e0269e3355d876564b14e.gif

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Someone is on fire today* :lol:

*Not a compliment

R (8).gif

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not afraid of the future but concerned about the impact it might have on the younger generation such as my neices and nephews. An Indy Scotland wouldn't have much impact on me, financially.  ( Unless Sturgeon raids private pensions)   But I think of others as we should in society so itll be a naw from me. 

I'm thinking about neices, nephews and grandkids so a yes from me. The thought of them being governed by an elitist UK gives me the fear for their future and the future of Scotland. Westminster is so detached from reality now.

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm thinking about neices, nephews and grandkids so a yes from me. The thought of them being governed by an elitist UK gives me the fear for their future and the future of Scotland. Westminster is so detached from reality now.

Spot on. I have two daughters who have their full lives ahead of them. I want as much of those lives as possible to be in an independent Scotland free from the ruling class south of the border who have absolutely no interest in what’s best for our children.

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You don’t think I think of others? You have nieces and nephews so do i and I mate lol and I have a kid. I want the best for them all. I don’t believe for one second you vote No either:lol: I might be wrong but something tells me you wouldn’t be able to to. 
For me this is the fear campaign before the actual campaign has even started. There’s gonna be no referendum but they’re trying to scare you already. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You don’t think I think of others? You have nieces and nephews so do i and I mate lol and I have a kid. I want the best for them all. I don’t believe for one second you vote No either:lol: I might be wrong but something tells me you wouldn’t be able to to. 
For me this is the fear campaign before the actual campaign has even started. There’s gonna be no referendum but they’re trying to scare you already. 

I’ll see how I feel when I wake up on the morning of the vote 😂😎

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: 

On a serious note I’ll be more impartial with the next campaign as I was a Yes zealot last time . I’ll weigh up the pros and cons in a more open minded way I feel . It’ll be a hell of a campaign with mud slinging either way . I might rekindle my passion for Indy once the campaign starts . You never know . 😎

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

On a serious note I’ll be more impartial with the next campaign as I was a Yes zealot last time . I’ll weigh up the pros and cons in a more open minded way I feel . It’ll be a hell of a campaign with mud slinging either way . I might rekindle my passion for Indy once the campaign starts . You never know . 😎

Correct like myself.
Weigh up the pros and cons and vote Yes pal😉☺️

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Correct like myself.

It’s laughable that people wouldn’t want to fully govern their own country.

Cowards.

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Cowards.

I think that’s far too harsh a word. Got to respect other opinions and people will have their own reasons for voting against it. You might get people who struggle badly with change or who have a business which would be at risk.

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

I think that’s far too harsh a word. Got to respect other opinions and people will have their own reasons for voting against it. You might get people who struggle badly with change or who have a business which would be at risk.

👏

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Fair enough.

Fearties doesn’t sound so harsh.

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Correct like myself.

As i said once the campaign starts it’ll be interesting . I’m sure I’ll get royally pissed off again if sorry when there is deliberate scare mongering 

11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Cowards.

Where as wanting anyone but the tories is of course brave as ****. 😂😂😂

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Spot on. I have two daughters who have their full lives ahead of them. I want as much of those lives as possible to be in an independent Scotland free from the ruling class south of the border who have absolutely no interest in what’s best for our children.

Given the many documented improvement areas required within the Scottish education system, you might want to question those closer to home when looking out for what's best for your children's future. 

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Given the many documented improvement areas required within the Scottish education system, you might want to question those closer to home when looking out for what's best for your children's future. 

Having worked within the Scottish education system for the last 16 years I’m confident I understand its pros and cons much better than most 👍🏻

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Having worked within the Scottish education system for the last 16 years I’m confident I understand its pros and cons much better than most 👍🏻

Bully for you. What are the pros and cons then ?

16 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Bully for you. What are the pros and cons then ?

Could write an essay on the subject but in a nutshell I like how everything follows a child at the centre approach and the huge focus on equality and equity. I also agree with the importance placed on the early years specifically the eligible 2 programme, free school meals and play based pedagogy.

I dislike the funding levels and think teaching staff are undervalued. My friends who are still in the classroom feel unappreciated and overworked. I also think there’s work to be done to improve positive destinations.

You hinted that you had a lot you dislike? What many documented improvement areas were you referring to?

Edited by Alex Kintner

22 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

My grandkids are having a brilliant education and love school. My youngest daughter has become a teacher. You'll find it's mostly unionist types that post garbage about our education system but then again they always post negative stuff about our country!

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

My grandkids are having a brilliant education and love school. My youngest daughter has become a teacher. You'll find it's mostly unionist types that post garbage about our education system but then again they always post negative stuff about our country!

I think a big part of the problem is the media coverage. Nonsense about ranking schools and league tables. The results are based on tiny indicators and don’t take into account masses of other important measures. One of the schools in my local authority always finished quite low in these nonsense league tables but is almost universally applauded by pupils, parents and professionals as being groundbreaking in all sorts of ways.

Lord Montpelier
47 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Could write an essay on the subject but in a nutshell I like how everything follows a child at the centre approach and the huge focus on equality and equity. I also agree with the importance placed on the early years specifically the eligible 2 programme, free school meals and play based pedagogy.

I dislike the funding levels and think teaching staff are undervalued. My friends who are still in the classroom feel unappreciated and overworked. I also think there’s work to be done to improve positive destinations.

You hinted that you had a lot you dislike? What many documented improvement areas were you referring to?

I have plenty to moan about at a personal level. I'll summarise as poor understanding and analysis of individual children's needs and a woeful acceptance of underperforming teacher performance.  Your child centric approach is not something I've seen. 

51 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I think a big part of the problem is the media coverage. Nonsense about ranking schools and league tables. The results are based on tiny indicators and don’t take into account masses of other important measures. One of the schools in my local authority always finished quite low in these nonsense league tables but is almost universally applauded by pupils, parents and professionals as being groundbreaking in all sorts of ways.

The media in this country is a joke. Rarely see anything positive about Scotland but plenty propaganda! I just look and think who believes all the garbage and how can you make a proper judgement.

You get a headline then it's amplified and then you'll get some numpty from one of the utter useless London parties waffling nonsense and we're expected to believe them as if they're a beacon of integrity. I suppose they're only preaching to their supporters! 

34 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I have plenty to moan about at a personal level. I'll summarise as poor understanding and analysis of individual children's needs and a woeful acceptance of underperforming teacher performance.  Your child centric approach is not something I've seen. 

Based on your experience as a pupil, parent or professional?

Lord Montpelier
23 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Based on your experience as a pupil, parent or professional?

Parent. Some of the standards and behaviours I've seen in the teaching profession have fallen well short of expectations. The lack it would appear of a framework to identify and assess those poor standards is equally concerning. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Parent. Some of the standards and behaviours I've seen in the teaching profession have fallen well short of expectations. The lack it would appear of a framework to identify and assess those poor standards is equally concerning. 

It’s difficult to assess Education on a national scale based on your experiences at a couple of schools though. There’s some bad schools out there and some poor teachers. There’s equally some excellent schools and lots of dedicated, high performing teachers. I don’t get the leap to concluding national frameworks aren’t adequate.

10 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s difficult to assess Education on a national scale based on your experiences at a couple of schools though. There’s some bad schools out there and some poor teachers. There’s equally some excellent schools and lots of dedicated, high performing teachers. I don’t get the leap to concluding national frameworks aren’t adequate.

The Scottish Government did commission a review into effectiveness of the Cirriculum, and it wasn't all bad news at all. Especially regarding the CfE itself.

But in typical SNP style, the report was delayed, censored, then leaked by one it's own agencies by mistake. 

The international report talked of a lack of transparency and confusion. Teachers long hours in front of children but without enough preparation time. Top heavy management and political interference. And that Scotland had fallen in OECD rankings.

The fact is Nicola Sturgeon demanded she be judged on Education, then deliberately delayed an International report on Scottish Education so not to coincide with last year's elections.

I'm not even sure why she would bother, the Scottish electorate stopped caring about the ineptitude of her Government a long time ago.

30 minutes ago, pablo said:

The Scottish Government did commission a review into effectiveness of the Cirriculum, and it wasn't all bad news at all. Especially regarding the CfE itself.

But in typical SNP style, the report was delayed, censored, then leaked by one it's own agencies by mistake. 

The international report talked of a lack of transparency and confusion. Teachers long hours in front of children but without enough preparation time. Top heavy management and political interference. And that Scotland had fallen in OECD rankings.

The fact is Nicola Sturgeon demanded she be judged on Education, then deliberately delayed an International report on Scottish Education so not to coincide with last year's elections.

I'm not even sure why she would bother, the Scottish electorate stopped caring about the ineptitude of her Government a long time ago.

Never mind  actual censored reports and the like, a nationalists granddaughter on kickback is getting a great education.  😂

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Aye par for the course in our dictatorship but it’s just the unionists and media making stuff up though ay 

:illogical:

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, pablo said:

"Top heavy management and political interference"

Under an SNP administration, surely not

It's OK though, the political and intellectual heavyweight that is Shirley-Anne Somerville will fix it. 

2 hours ago, pablo said:

Curriculum

13 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

@Lord Montpellier?

3 hours ago, pablo said:

Definitely room for improvement in terms of teacher workload balance and it’s one of the criticisms I made above. 

I posted a list of reasons a few months back on why the OECD results should be taken with a big pinch of salt.

I appreciate I have access to a lot more info than most and most people will base their opinion on Scottish education on the experiences that their own family had or are having or on badly misconstrued media reports. With everything I’ve seen, I’m delighted my children are growing up and being educated not only in Scotland, but in my local authority.

Edited by Alex Kintner

FWIW I think the education that my wee granddaughter gets is first class. She is Down Syndrome and also has autism. She started main stream school this year and has taken to it like a duck to water, she gets a support teacher who is brilliant with her, and we can see how much it has benefited her learning. I know there are people on here who have had the opposite view on education in Scotland but my experience of it has been nothing but good.

2 minutes ago, micole said:

FWIW I think the education that my wee granddaughter gets is first class. She is Down Syndrome and also has autism. She started main stream school this year and has taken to it like a duck to water, she gets a support teacher who is brilliant with her, and we can see how much it has benefited her learning. I know there are people on here who have had the opposite view on education in Scotland but my experience of it has been nothing but good.

I don't have kids, I have 2 nephews and a niece. One of them is very autistic and, like you, it's hard not to be impressed with how things are these days. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I don't have kids, I have 2 nephews and a niece. One of them is very autistic and, like you, it's hard not to be impressed with how things are these days. 

I agree Smithee,I'm not trying to point score or make a political point just giving my honest opinion on my experience.

12 minutes ago, micole said:

👍

• 3 weeks later...
Unknown user
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Bump bump 

excuses

excuses 

:laugh2: **** off! A global pandemic and the outbreak of WWIII in Europe - excuses, excuses!

You'd be the first to moan if they were going ahead in the current situation

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: **** off! A global pandemic and the outbreak of WWIII in Europe - excuses, excuses!

You'd be the first to moan if they were going ahead in the current situation

It’s an excuse . The world should be carrying on as much as normal , that includes plans fir future . Wake up .