The rise and fall of The SNP.

Alex Kintner
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Voted for them once in my life. Possibly not again I’m no SNP lover. I despise the others though. 
You’re a Corbyn and Bernie Sanders lover who defends the ****ing tories daily and you say you’re not trolling?? :lol: 
And dry your eyes with the bullying claims ffs maybe the internet isn’t for you if you can’t handle getting called out when you post stuff people don’t agree with. 
You post like a gatling gun I can barely open a thread without being greeted by literally dozens of your posts and memes. Usually managing to wedge some anti snp stuff into a Djokovic or Russian Ukraine war thread. 
You’re a troll. 

You forgot him posting articles from right-wing racists too 👍🏻

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

SNP supporters :seething: because they've absolutely ****ed it. 

Deary me. 

You do realise I support Independence? 

But i'm not delusional like you cult members. That's the difference.

Let’s put the nonsense aside as I genuinely want to understand where you’re coming from. 

Is your point that you feel Brexit, Covid and the current situation lessen the argument for independence? 

If so what are you basing that on given Brexit and Covid were factored into the May 2021 elections and Westminster are making a pig’s ear of the current situation?

👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

At the end of the day the SNP are like turkeys voting for Christmas. They’re a party set up to get independence for Scotland but if they get that independence they can’t realistically expect to continue walking every election as there will be other parties that people will go back to. I know a lot of people who are lifelong Labour voters that vote SNP as they want independence but still remain Labour supporters outwith that issue. 

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

At the end of the day the SNP are like turkeys voting for Christmas. They’re a party set up to get independence for Scotland but if they get that independence they can’t realistically expect to continue walking every election as there will be other parties that people will go back to. I know a lot of people who are lifelong Labour voters that vote SNP as they want independence but still remain Labour supporters outwith that issue. 

I think that’s a good thing and why I’m glad we have a better electoral system which is designed to have no one party as a majority. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The SNP will be redundant after independence.

Alex Kintner
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

There will definitely need to be an evolution of the party, especially as there are aspects of their performance as a ruling government which leave a lot to be desired so they can’t use past performance as an immediate selling point.

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He'd love to see independence though mind

My passion for it has fizzled out much like my passion for the other half after 10 pints 🍺 

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Voted for them once in my life. Possibly not again I’m no SNP lover. I despise the others though. 
You’re a Corbyn and Bernie Sanders lover who defends the ****ing tories daily and you say you’re not trolling?? :lol: 
And dry your eyes with the bullying claims ffs maybe the internet isn’t for you if you can’t handle getting called out when you post stuff people don’t agree with. 
You post like a gatling gun I can barely open a thread without being greeted by literally dozens of your posts and memes. Usually managing to wedge some anti snp stuff into a Djokovic or Russian Ukraine war thread. 
You’re a troll. 

You’ll need to be more specific about ne “defending “ the tories . Can’t see that myself . Remember just because I’m critical of the SNP it doesn’t mean I support the Tories . Dearie me . Your very wound up today . Perhaps go out for a walk ? 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

My passion for it has fizzled out much like my passion for the other half after 10 pints 🍺 

Yeah, about 2 days after declaring you'd love to see it, wasn't it?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Smithee said:

Yeah, about 2 days after declaring you'd love to see it, wasn't it?

What declare my passion for the other half ? 😎

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

There will definitely need to be an evolution of the party, especially as there are aspects of their performance as a ruling government which leave a lot to be desired so they can’t use past performance as an immediate selling point.

It certainly would be interesting how they would proceed.

25 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not redundant but they’d certainly need to start running the country properly. The problem is the opposition is so weak it could too many years to get them out and **** knows what state we will be in by then. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not redundant but they’d certainly need to start running the country properly. The problem is the opposition is so weak it could too many years to get them out and **** knows what state we will be in by then. 

A worse one . That’s for sure . Every thing they get involved in seems to turn to shit . Every policy is a mine field . Look at the mess they have got into with the GRA crap . It was  totally unnecessary and It also a massive vote loser. 

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Can only be a good thing for the country to get the issue settled once and for all. It’s a huge distraction in non-Covid/war times and divides out country rather than unifies it. 

Sometimes I wish there was a genuine Devo Max+++ option which most people could buy into but I simply don’t trust Westminster to play by the rules.

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Can only be a good thing for the country to get the issue settled once and for all. It’s a huge distraction in non-Covid/war times and divides out country rather than unifies it. 

Sometimes I wish there was a genuine Devo Max+++ option which most people could buy into but I simply don’t trust Westminster to play by the rules.

It will never be settle because those that are pro independence will never accept the result, also  the country is split so closely. There will always be a huge amount of the country unhappy. Agree about the devo max option as that could get a pretty decent win percentage. 

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It will never be settle because those that are pro independence will never accept the result, also  the country is split so closely. There will always be a huge amount of the country unhappy. Agree about the devo max option as that could get a pretty decent win percentage. 

If there was an independence referendum now it would be a lot more than a couple of percent in it. I know a lot of people who voted no last time that would vote yes now. Purely down to unhappiness with Westminster. But very few of them SNP supporters. 

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If there was an independence referendum now it would be a lot more than a couple of percent in it. I know a lot of people who voted no last time that would vote yes now. Purely down to unhappiness with Westminster. But very few of them SNP supporters. 

The opinion polls still have it very close and it seems to chop and change quite easily based on recent events. If it happens in the next two years it’ll be so close either way that it’ll still rumble on I reckon.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

55/45 ? It’s not that close really . Not like the Brexit vote 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m not so sure. What people say when nothing at stake and what they actually do at the time can vary. I think it will still be very close, with no winning again. Might be different when we have a 3rd once in a lifetime vote though. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’m not so sure. What people say when nothing at stake and what they actually do at the time can vary. I think it will still be very close, with no winning again. Might be different when we have a 3rd once in a lifetime vote though. 

Maybe a percentage every time there is an Indy vote . So say it’s like every 10 years or so so by my reckoning it’ll pass the magical 50% in 50 years . 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Let’s put the nonsense aside as I genuinely want to understand where you’re coming from. 

Is your point that you feel Brexit, Covid and the current situation lessen the argument for independence? 

If so what are you basing that on given Brexit and Covid were factored into the May 2021 elections and Westminster are making a pig’s ear of the current situation?

👍🏻

I’m critical of the SNP but it’s not their fault that the timing hasn’t been right to hold another independence referendum. In my opinion Brexit has been an utter disaster for those hoping independence will happen. The complexities and problems that will be magnified from this will scare off the potential voters needed to make independence a reality. 

Alex Kintner
41 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m critical of the SNP but it’s not their fault that the timing hasn’t been right to hold another independence referendum. In my opinion Brexit has been an utter disaster for those hoping independence will happen. The complexities and problems that will be magnified from this will scare off the potential voters needed to make independence a reality. 

It’s definitely been a double-edged sword. Brexit made the ‘heart’ argument for independence stronger but the hard Brexit we’ve ended up with has made the ‘head’ argument more difficult.

A soft Brexit which kept us in the single market would have been perfect. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s definitely been a double-edged sword. Brexit made the ‘heart’ argument for independence stronger but the hard Brexit we’ve ended up with has made the ‘head’ argument more difficult.

A soft Brexit which kept us in the single market would have been perfect. 

This is why the perception that a hard break up is inevitable needs to be tackled. 

It doesn't do anyone any good to have the debate centred round that fulcrum.

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

I think that’s a good thing and why I’m glad we have a better electoral system which is designed to have no one party as a majority. 

Although the SNP have been, so the system is not foolproof.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This is why the perception that a hard break up is inevitable needs to be tackled. 

It doesn't do anyone any good to have the debate centred round that fulcrum.

"Fulcrum" :laugh2:

Twat

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Although the SNP have been, so the system is not foolproof.

Definitely not foolproof and was probably never imagined that any one party would enjoy the level of support the SNP has. 

indianajones

I see the lunatic is too busy apologising for those convicted of witchcraft in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries than actually trying to fix the many crises the current population have. 

She needs a firm boot up the arse. Start addressing REAL issues. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-60667533

Aye, too busy to sort out a referendum.

Just now, indianajones said:

I see the lunatic is too busy apologising for those convicted of witchcraft in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries than actually trying to fix the many crises the current population have. 

Great minds Jonesy. 

They need to get a grip. 

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

She made a short speech about misogyny and the persecution of witches on International Women’s Day. Where’s the issue?

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

She's always got her finger on the pulse with the big issues hasn't she. 

joondalupjambo

Strong SNP leanings in our family including a 93 year old mother.  SNP are going to lose votes. Promotion of who can pee in what bog and now sorry to witches is going to create a media storm and many of their supporters who do not care about these issues are going to lose enthusiasm and hope. 

What we need is constant promotion of the Independence and the benefits not worrying about urinals and dead folk fae God knows when.  Come on Nicola pull your socks up girl.  Stop getting involved in all the lesser, minority topics.  Delegate to them and focus or this family and the 93 will struggle to support the party.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

She's always got her finger on the pulse with the big issues hasn't she. 

It’s maybe not a big issue to you but it’s clearly an issue for the women petitioning the parliament about it. The government is there  to represent the interests of everyone.

joondalupjambo
5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s maybe not a big issue to you but it’s clearly an issue for the women petitioning the parliament about it. The government is there  to represent the interests of everyone.

Taking on a minority cause is fine but it is just that a minority issue.  It should be treated as such and as I say above delegated not led, responded to and given so much oxygen by a party leader.  A couple of months ago Nicola was being interviewed about emptying bins in Glasgow.  Of course issues are important to different people but not so much that a party and their leader needs to be constantly involved in each and everyone one.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I've not met anyone who is remotely bothered by it. She might want to focus on proper problems, like sectarianism, but those sorts of things don't get touched by the snp as too hard to solve

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Great minds Jonesy. 

They need to get a grip. 

Fools seldom differ.😃

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Pardoning witches and wanting drive thru's closed down. All in a day's work for the people than run Scotland.

:4_1_72:

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Deary me are you Mr Nicola Sturgeon?

Pardoning witches shouldn't be given the time of day in 21st century politics.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-60667533

Aye, too busy to sort out a referendum.

I hope u ran that passes the regular poster on this who moans about any info regarding the SNP on this ? Sorry any negative info ! No didn’t think you had ? Funny how he just picks  on ‘me . Not funny really . 

Alex Kintner
51 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Taking on a minority cause is fine but it is just that a minority issue.  It should be treated as such and as I say above delegated not led, responded to and given so much oxygen by a party leader.  A couple of months ago Nicola was being interviewed about emptying bins in Glasgow.  Of course issues are important to different people but not so much that a party and their leader needs to be constantly involved in each and everyone one.

Yes it’s a minority issue but an important issue to that minority and today is an appropriate day to say a few words about it. Genuinely don’t see the problem. 🤷🏻‍♂️

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

eye of newt and toe of frog

wool of bat and tongue of dog

6524F19D-A46C-4447-A5FF-70EC181F138C.jpeg

Probably pardoning some of her ancestors really ! Mc sturgeon double double toil and Trouble  and all 

Alex Kintner
52 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I've not met anyone who is remotely bothered by it. She might want to focus on proper problems, like sectarianism, but those sorts of things don't get touched by the snp as too hard to solve

So because you’ve never met someone interested in it then it‘s not an issue worth bothering about? 

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Pardoning witches shouldn't be given the time of day in 21st century politics.

😀

Alex Kintner
32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Pardoning women accused of witchcraft and murdered without proper trial shouldn't be given the time of day in 21st century politics.

FTFY

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yes it’s a minority issue but an important issue to that minority and today is an appropriate day to say a few words about it. Genuinely don’t see the problem. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I do not think we disagree on minority issues being important for minority groups.  It is important though to give any minority issue a specific level of response.  A response by the leader of a Government who wants to become an independent country with a European Union is however not required.

A Minister can respond, it is called delegation otherwise where does it end for Sturgeon.  She needs to read the room that is all I am saying.