The rise and fall of The SNP.

4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Not like you to be posting pish, but here we are...

Nicola Sturgeon says SNP's position on pensions 'hasn't changed' since 2014.

First Minister accepts 'on an ongoing basis it will be for the Scottish Government to fund Scottish pensions'.

However, she says 'historic assets and liabilities' will be a 'matter for negotiation' pic.twitter.com/8qZU9Nf00m

Did our resident troll seriously believe that we expected another country to fund our pensions post indy? :wow:

Good lord, thicker than the custard that coats the inside of BoJo's arteries. 😅

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Did our resident troll seriously believe that we expected another country to fund our pensions post indy? :wow:

Good lord, thicker than the custard that coats the inside of BoJo's arteries. 😅

:laugh2:

Jeffros Furios

I also believe that the SNP were intending to increase the pension payment ,

**** the Tories 

21 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Not like you to be posting pish, but here we are...

Nicola Sturgeon says SNP's position on pensions 'hasn't changed' since 2014.

First Minister accepts 'on an ongoing basis it will be for the Scottish Government to fund Scottish pensions'.

However, she says 'historic assets and liabilities' will be a 'matter for negotiation' pic.twitter.com/8qZU9Nf00m

It won't be much of a negotiation though as there aren't any historic assets and liabilities.

23 minutes ago, pablo said:

It won't be much of a negotiation though as there aren't any historic assets and liabilities.

image-23-10-21-06-55-9.gif

manaliveits105
23 minutes ago, pablo said:

Don’t confuse them if Nippoleon says it it must be true 

24 minutes ago, pablo said:

historic assets and liabilities.

Serious question actually .  What are our " historic assets and liabilities ? Edinburgh Castle ? Loch Ness Monster ? 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

image-23-10-21-06-55-9.gif

Who is this Sadie clown? What an utter arsehole tweeting that :lol: these are people who claim to be Scots 🤮🤣

She’d rather the English picked up the tab for these junkies, drunks and workshys? I hope English people see these kinds of tweets tbh I really do. The hoose jocks are going to make their own worst nightmare come true 🤣

Theres £3billion spare James after the pensions are paid on current contributions😀👍🏼

Edited by jack D and coke

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Who is this Sadie clown? What an utter arsehole tweeting that :lol: these are people who claim to be Scots 🤮🤣

She’d rather the English picked up the tab for these junkies, drunks and workshys? I hope English people see these kinds of tweets tbh I really do. The hoose jocks are going to make their own worst nightmare come true 🤣

Theres £3billion spare James after the pensions are paid on current contributions😀👍🏼

I only posted it as it actually made me laugh my head off as its very representative of a certain type of person. Full of myths and stereotypes.  IN my pre covid days I would have been challenged her tweet but i just read it with wry amusement really 

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

and deck knows who she is.. she just replied to the original tweet posted on this 

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

and deck knows who she is.. she just replied to the original tweet posted on this 

These people just blow my mind man…🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Just now, jack D and coke said:

These people just blow my mind man…🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Ive read more of her tweets and she seemed off her rocker and has a vendetta against NS plus she likes golf.... ( the most boring sport in the world :) * i think you like it though 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ive read more of her tweets and she seemed off her rocker and has a vendetta against NS plus she likes golf.... ( the most boring sport in the world :) * i think you like it though 

These people all tend to be dafties. Their entire social media posting abiut politics and making an arse of themselves in the process. 
Golf is a tremendous game how very dare you :lol: the 19th hole is where it gets better an all🍻🍾🥃

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I saw that last night - IIRC correctly , she wasn't getting any bites.

Also , the tweet from Linda Bauld last night about UK being separate countries from a Covid perspective had the yoons going apopleptic with rage and insisting that Scotland was not a separate country. 

I'm genuinely amazed at the depth of hatred some Scots people have for their own country. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

These people all tend to be dafties. Their entire social media posting abiut politics and making an arse of themselves in the process. 
Golf is a tremendous game how very dare you :lol: the 19th hole is where it gets better an all🍻🍾🥃

38F2CFF6-C25C-4E31-BB7A-19B659400437.png

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I saw that last night - IIRC correctly , she wasn't getting any bites.

Also , the tweet from Linda Bauld last night about UK being separate countries from a Covid perspective had the yoons going apopleptic with rage and insisting that Scotland was not a separate country. 

I'm genuinely amazed at the depth of hatred some Scots people have for their own country. 

Aye some don’t even live in it !

The freeports deal is interesting.

Scottish Government was strongly opposed previously but now agreed with UK Government. So Scottish Government not so ideologically opposed to something proposed by UK Government.

Maybe Scotland has got what it wanted in terms of 'green freeports' but Green Coalition partners remain opposed. 

I think when they happen people will see the positives, maybe on the benefits both of UK and Independence. 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scottish Government was strongly opposed previously but now agreed with UK Government. So Scottish Government not so ideologically opposed to something proposed by UK Government.

Maybe Scotland has got what it wanted in terms of 'green freeports' but Green Coalition partners remain opposed. 

I think when they happen people will see the positives, maybe on the benefits both of UK and Independence. 

I still haven't seen anything explaining what the benefits are -

"the initiative is not a new one: the UK previously had a number of such zones (e.g. in Liverpool and Southampton) but these were closed in 2012 due in part to the perceived heightened risk of fraud, tax evasion and money laundering.

However, outside the EU, the UK now has more flexibility over the rules it chooses to apply within the zones, notably in the tax incentives it will be able to offer. 

Freeports are seen as a ‘levelling up’ policy tool - similar to Enterprise Zones - to create hubs for development, jobs, innovation and international investment in certain regions, albeit arguably at the risk of diverting economic activity from elsewhere."

https://www.fieldfisher.com/en/insights/uk-freeports-what-are-the-benefits-and-how-do-busi

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Freeports are seen as a ‘levelling up’ policy tool

As i've scanned this thread i've twice misread this and thought that the Freesports telly channel was putting money into some expensive rights package.  😃

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

As i've scanned this thread i've twice misread this and thought that the Freesports telly channel was putting money into some expensive rights package.  😃

It's free to air service but only for northeners. 😄

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Our 60% of trade with England thrown into chaos 

To stay in the CTA we would be in EU but stay out of schengen like Ireland

to mention just two why bothers 

the absolute nick of all this 

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

Why the assumption there would there be a hard border?

The article is saying " if " there was a hard border in the event of Indy.  There also might not be. However the chances are very high if we re-joined the EU ( after 10 years) Indy.

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yes this is the harsh reality of life post Indy between Scotland and England . 

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

Why the assumption there would there be a hard border?

Would have to be a hardish border once we rejoin the EU but the article sets out mitigations. 

Quite a positive article actually. Lots of myths from the unionists dispelled 👍🏻

40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The article is saying " if " there was a hard border in the event of Indy.  There also might not be. However the chances are very high if we re-joined the EU ( after 10 years) Indy.

So it's what things might look like after independence if Scotland joins the EU 10 years later.

We don't know what's happening next week in politics, nevermind what the geopolitical scene will be in a decade, this is a nothing.

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Honestly - this just isn't a problem. Brexit campaigning has taught us that the technology to track/check cross border movement is possible.

I haven't looked recently but assume it's going swimmingly. 👍

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So it's what things might look like after independence if Scotland joins the EU 10 years later.

We don't know what's happening next week in politics, nevermind what the geopolitical scene will be in a decade, this is a nothing.

Exactly So thats why it is vitally important that people think about putting a cross at Yes or No at the next Indy. 

33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

so by that argument then you dont know what shit this country might be in or not if we voted yes to Indy then ? 

55 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

so by that argument then you dont know what shit this country might be in or not if we voted yes to Indy then ? 

Nor if we don't.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can't believe I'm being pressed on whether I can tell the future or not

well what else is a Indy vote about ? its about predicting the future isnt it ? either way . No one can tell the future but we can all surmise what may well happen either way. Obviously . 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well what else is a Indy vote about ? its about predicting the future isnt it ? either way . No one can tell the future but we can all surmise what may well happen either way. Obviously . 

I sense some want independence at all costs regardless of the future ramifications so choose not to think about it  

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Scotland's people getting the government they voted for, every time.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If you voted SNP it was clear in the manifesto that they were going for a second ref.

Can't see why people can't get this !

You're right, Smithee. 

So let me get this right...

If Scotland becomes Independent from rUK...

England will immediately stop buying things from Scotland.

Even though we have paid our National Insurance contributions to the Westminster treasury, they will stick 2 fingers up and tell us to "ram-it" for our pensions.

The border will be that difficult that nobody and no goods or services will flow south or north.

Scotland will be the only country on the face of the planet to have a border with another country.

&....We can ram it if we think we will be getting Coronation Street, a mobile phone signal and daylight!

That about right aye?

38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I don't want a future under Westminster rule! I'll take my chances with what the people of Scotland vote for with independence. At least we'd have the chance to change things.

35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

By a country mile this is the main reason I’m 100% in favour of independence 👍🏻

53 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I sense some want independence at all costs regardless of the future ramifications so choose not to think about it  

Yes it seems that reality is not an option in the quest for an Independent Scotland 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes it seems that reality is not an option in the quest for an Independent Scotland 

Would that be your imaginary reality, or the one where a first world country with highly educated people and fully laden resources could flourish on the international stage.....without Boris?

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

James you still don't get what an implied deficit is or how it doesn't mean the SNP can't balance the books. You wouldn't get the reality if it sat down and explained itself to you.

58 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why on earth would it be about predicting the future ? 

The decision is based on working towards & creating a better future. 

Predictions shape policy though as to how it all comes together.

A healthy society will discuss and debate how to make things better. The biggest gripe coming out of the 2014 election was that The Vow never really scaled up constitutional change which leaves us with this pent up demand for a 2nd vote. 

This is why I am confident that the next ref will be a 2 parter with the traditionally Unionist parties skewering the Yes vote by having a 2nd option on Devo Max. It's being discussed as the main strategy now.