• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Gotta love the Tories. Commenting on the re-shuffle, they said it was the same tired faces !

😂

It has **** all to do with you, you arseholes !

Willie Rennie: "We will not ratify the appointment of the Minster for the constitution"

I'm sure the loss of those 4 votes from the mighty LibDem block will be key, Willie.

tenor.png

Edited by Cade

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Cade said:

Willie Rennie: "We will not ratify the appointment of the Minster for the constitution"

I'm sure the loss of those 4 votes from the mighty LibDem block will be key, Willie.

tenor.png

They're the 5th power in Scottish politics :laugh2:

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Excellent choices by wee Nic in OUR new Scottish Parliament. Will ring rounds everyone.  Good times.  And wee Kate Forbes just biding her time. 

Is every woman in the SNP "wee" to you? 

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is every woman in the SNP "wee" to you? 

Maybe he's 6' 11"?

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Maybe he's 6' 11"?

Is 6 or 11 the choices for his IQ? 

Konrad von Carstein
27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is 6 or 11 the choices for his IQ? 

Oooh,  Burn 🙄😂

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Already rejected as an MP by voters but back again like a nasty, lingering pong.

In fairness he shares that distinction with politicians of all parties who don’t get the message and just reappear in another constituency or, in this case, parliament.

Yet elected by the voters of Edinburgh Central. 

He won the seat as a gain from the Tories, hardly a shoe in?

Lockdown has eased, you can leave your bunker if you want...

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I re-emerged only find that a no mark reject like Robertson had found a new bolt hole. Not dissimilarly, the electorate in East Lothian now find they’re represented by the Alba party via Alex’s best pal Hibby Kenny.

As I have conceded, however, self-interest and failure to accept rejection are traits evident in ALL political parties.

Hahaha...well, as I say, he has to be elected in the first place, so that's up to the electorate.

Re East Lothian, as far as any sitting representative goes, if they switch allegiance, then that should automatically trigger a by-election. If not, it's fraud imo!

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I re-emerged only find that a no mark reject like Robertson had found a new bolt hole. Not dissimilarly, the electorate in East Lothian now find they’re represented by the Alba party via Alex’s best pal Hibby Kenny.

As I have conceded, however, self-interest and failure to accept rejection are traits evident in ALL political parties.

Total bollocks.

The people of East Lothian are represented by Paul McLennan, who they voted for in the election 2 weeks ago. 

Another swing and a miss. 

Keep going champ, you'll land one eventually. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Total bollocks.

The people of East Lothian are represented by Paul McLennan, who they voted for in the election 2 weeks ago. 

Another swing and a miss. 

Keep going champ, you'll land one eventually. 

He's talking about the MP, not MSP.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Boris said:

He's talking about the MP, not MSP.

To paraphrase myself

Ah bollocks.

Another swing and a miss by me.

I'll keep swinging hoping to land one eventually. 

:facepalm:

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

To paraphrase myself

Ah bollocks.

Another swing and a miss by me.

I'll keep swinging hoping to land one eventually. 

:facepalm:

Mate, play the ball.

Easy on here to get binary, but not all who have opposing opinions are "wrong". Misguided perhaps from one's own perspective, but each to their own. There is, I believe, more in common between us all, but we also have to respect differing opinions.

That's not to say that bullshit shouldn't be called out if and when it rears its head.

The pettiness of playground politics is withering.

46 minutes ago, Boris said:

The pettiness of playground politics is withering.

Perfectly phrased, tovarisch.

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, weehammy said:

So Hibby Kenny is not the Member of Parliament for East Lothian? You must live in a parallel universe.

A swing and an effective right cross I’d say. 🥊

You forgot to duck!

To be fair with the amount of inane drivel you come out with its pretty tough to know WTF you're on about the majority of the time. 

That said, I made a tit of myself with that one 👍

£1 TRILLION in assets has been moved out of the City of London to financial hubs in Dublin, Paris, Luxemburg, Frankfurt and Amsterdam.

https://eutoday.net/news/business-economy/2021/city-of-london-loses-1-trillion-in-assets-to-eu-hubs-post-brexit

On top of that, £2.3 TRILLION in derivatives has been lost by the City of London in just one month.

The City of London is already losing out big time because of the insane Hard Brexit pushed by the loons in charge.

https://eutoday.net/news/business-economy/2021/city-of-london-loses-1-trillion-in-assets-to-eu-hubs-post-brexit

And this is just the start.

coconut doug
10 hours ago, Cade said:

£1 TRILLION in assets has been moved out of the City of London to financial hubs in Dublin, Paris, Luxemburg, Frankfurt and Amsterdam.

On top of that, £2.3 TRILLION in derivatives has been lost by the City of London in just one month.

The City of London is already losing out big time because of the insane Hard Brexit pushed by the loons in charge.

If only there was some way we could get some of this in Scotland.

On 20/05/2021 at 11:01, Cade said:

Still number one in the financial global power index my dear Krankie. 

Seymour M Hersh

So will Rhiannon Spear, an SNP councillor in Glasgow, foul foul of her own party's ridiculous new "hate" laws?

22 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So will Rhiannon Spear, an SNP councillor in Glasgow, foul foul of her own party's ridiculous new "hate" laws?

Nothing to see here so move along will probably be the outcome 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Nothing to see here so move along will probably be the outcome 

Without doubt that's what they'll do but should they get away with doing so? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Jeffros Furios
25 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hating Britain and thier slave like devotion to the EU is embarrassing. 

I hate the SNP as much as the other parties , all incompetant lying cheating rats .

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hating Britain and thier slave like devotion to the EU is embarrassing. 

I hate the SNP as much as the other parties , all incompetant lying cheating rats .

You'd best be careful with that kind of chat Mr Furios. One of the more "enthusiastic" SNP fans might report you to Humza. :insufferable:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You'd best be careful with that kind of chat Mr Furios. One of the more "enthusiastic" SNP fans might report you to Humza. :insufferable:

0502e408b8b0336737798297ed7747c551e9ce.thumb.jpg.98c6e9e7a9a48992abb90bdbcf3bef34.jpg

She should be kicked out of the snp. It was no doubt meant to be a joke but that's no excuse

I've always felt the Glasgow hospital deaths in 2017 was a major scandal. No one seems to have taken responsibility yet. Children died unnecessarily from contaminated water supply. 

It has the stench of the UK Government approach of deflection and cowardice. Someone at a high level decided to down play it all. 

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

She's untouchable. She's too good at deflecting as the Salmond inquiry proved

I don't know who leaked it to the papers ....... but IT WIZNAE ME !

That seemed to make everything alright

38 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

She's untouchable. She's too good at deflecting as the Salmond inquiry proved

I don't know who leaked it to the papers ....... but IT WIZNAE ME !

That seemed to make everything alright

Salmond scandal proved she can lie with impunity and take no responsibility for anything. Canny mind and wiznae me anyways will work a treat here with her base and loyal lackeys. Lord Jimmy Hamilton already has a wiznae oor Nic form letter ready. 

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can someone explain how this means she's broken the law?

Seems you have to tell people about facts relating to a death immediately.

But although I have commented critically on the Government on this matter, I'll wager this fault lies with the health service. 

Unknown user
52 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems you have to tell people about facts relating to a death immediately.

But although I have commented critically on the Government on this matter, I'll wager this fault lies with the health service. 

Well exactly, it seems pretty desperate to be accusing her of breaking the law.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Can someone explain how this means she's broken the law?

The law of candour whatever that is. My understanding is they never advised the family(s) and they only found out through a newspaper article. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The law of candour whatever that is. My understanding is they never advised the family(s) and they only found out through a newspaper article. 

I got that, how does it then jump to the accusation that she's personally broken the law?

Just now, Smithee said:

I got that, how does it then jump to the accusation that she's personally broken the law?

As far as I can grasp what Sarwar is claiming Sturgeon being FM is ultimately responsible. 

Duty of Candour

The organisational duty of candour procedure is a legal duty which sets out how organisations should tell those affected that an unintended or unexpected incident appears to have caused harm or death. They are required to apologise and to meaningfully involve them in a review of what happened.

When the review is complete, the organisation should agree any actions required to improve the quality of care, informed by the principles of learning and continuous improvement.

They should tell the person who appears to have been harmed (or those acting on their behalf) what those actions are and when they will happen.

The duty of candour procedure provisions reflect our commitment to place people at the heart of health and social care services in Scotland.

We recognise that when unexpected or unintended incidents occur during the provision of treatment or care, openness and transparency is fundamental. This promotes a culture of learning and continuous improvement.

We have produced guidance on the implementation of duty of candour for all organisations that provide health services, care services or social work services in Scotland.

A Duty of Candour e-learning module has been produced by NHS Education for Scotland, the Scottish Social Services Council, the Care Inspectorate and Healthcare Improvement Scotland. Relevant staff should be encouraged to complete the module which takes no longer than an hour.

Edited by Boy Daniel

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

As far as I can grasp what Sarwar is claiming Sturgeon being FM is ultimately responsible. 

"Scotland’s duty of candour law means families should be informed as soon as the health board became aware. The family should have been informed 18 months ago, not contacted for the first time just a few weeks ago.

You have broken that law."

Direct quote from Sarwar that. He's accusing her of breaking the law, that's what the headline says, and that's why the usual suspects are pishing their frillies in excitement.

Massive plate of absolute bollocks, is that really the nick of the opposition leaders?

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

"Scotland’s duty of candour law means families should be informed as soon as the health board became aware. The family should have been informed 18 months ago, not contacted for the first time just a few weeks ago.

You have broken that law."

Direct quote from Sarwar that. He's accusing her of breaking the law, that's what the headline says, and that's why the usual suspects are pishing their frillies in excitement.

Massive plate of absolute bollocks, is that really the nick of the opposition leaders?

I found a bit of the Scottish Healthcare Standards posted above. 
This maybe what Sarwar is drawing his accusations from. 

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

She may be politically responsible, but if so what about the three people who have served as Health Secretary since the deaths?  Is there any point in having a Health Secretary if he or she has no political responsibility for the service?

The FM isn't legally responsible, because the law says who is.  Legal responsibility for implementing the candour procedures lies with the service provider.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/duty-of-candour-frequently-asked-questions/

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2016/14/section/25/enacted

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

She may be politically responsible, but if so what about the three people who have served as Health Secretary since the deaths?  Is there any point in having a Health Secretary if he or she has no political responsibility for the service?

The FM isn't legally responsible, because the law says who is.  Legal responsibility for implementing the candour procedures lies with the service provider.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/duty-of-candour-frequently-asked-questions/

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2016/14/section/25/enacted

2 fatalities and 118 serious infections of already ill Scottish children is no trifling matter to be left solely to another individual when she bears ultimate responsibility. She should have ensured it was handled appropriately but didn't. Another example of her not doing her job when it comes to important matters and instead concentrating on referendums and trouble making.

Its definitely clutching at straws to blame Sturgeon.

I do believe whoever was Health Secretary at the time of the deaths has questions to answer. This raised big alarm bells at the time.

But the responsibility lies with the health sevice that is the professionals and administrators. That's how the health service works. 

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

2 fatalities and 118 serious infections of already ill Scottish children is no trifling matter to be left solely to another individual when she bears ultimate responsibility. She should have ensured it was handled appropriately but didn't. Another example of her not doing her job when it comes to important matters and instead concentrating on referendums and trouble making.

Sturgeon was Health Secretary when the problem started but I think it was Jeanne Freeman when it became public with the deaths.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5095211/glasgow-queen-elizabeth-university-hospital-children-die-serratia/amp/

There's an issue with how it was initially dealt with. Cover up isn't fair but denial seemed to be the initial approach. But I think that is more about how the health service operates and less about the SNP Government. 

The health service beats the Mafia for being control freaks and denial of any responsibility. 

20 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

what about the three people who have served as Health Secretary since the deaths? 

Indeed.  They could all be responsible. The timeline of events would dictate that. I would imagine like corporate law the ultimate responsibility lies at the top. 

42 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ah right.  That would be you agreeing with me, but you'd like to bypass the Health Secretaries.  Fair enough, if that's your view.  But in that case, why bother having Ministers?  What is the Health Minister for, if not to take political responsibility for the system?

And the Labour leader said the FM broke the law, which she clearly didn't.