The rise and fall of The SNP.

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

I see there's a video circulating round of James Dornan and his views on why Lothian Buses pulled service in March. Seems to think it's linked to Irish Catholicism and St Patricks Day. This might well be an old video that I haven't seen, but can anyone tell me if any Edinburgh based SNP MSPs have disputed his view on events?

Seems quite happy to label Edinburgh as a city rife with sectarianism.

That was utterly mind blowing…

What a warped and twisted arsehole. 
He should be sacked. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He should be sacked. 

Jesus wept

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Let's not leave Kat Cary out. Her take on softplay centres. 

Cary, an admin officer to SNP MSP Emma Roddick, wrote on Twitter: “Stay closed forever you over-priced, disease-ridden, wreaking-of-p*** nightmare of a children’s birthday party venue.

Lovely person obviously. 

Sadly we live in a world where politicians and their employees can say/do whatever they want with no repercussions.  She's just another in a long line of thoroughly unpleasant people involved in government.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

He should be sacked. 

The words of a man who doesn't understand the world outside the bubble he lives in. I've lived in Glasgow and I've lived in Edinburgh and the sectarian problem is far, far, far worse in Glasgow than it is here. I'm also rather unsure why there doesn't seem to be any kind of backlash from any Edinburgh based MSPs about this hateful diatribe.

Roxy Hearts
7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

He should be sacked. 

What an absolute idiot. No wonder sectarianism is so bad in Scotland with fools like him stoking grievance. 12th July ffs!

30 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What an absolute idiot. No wonder sectarianism is so bad in Scotland with fools like him stoking grievance. 12th July ffs!

Lothian Buses, that hitherto unknown hotbed of anti-Catholic sentiment. 🙄

This guy is a prime exampe of an inverted bigot, who sees absolutely everything through the lens of whatever relgious faction he belongs to, and will find it wherever he points his nose, whether it exists or not.

I assume he's another like that arsehole who played Dougal in Take the High Road many years ago, only time spent in Edinburgh is in Holyrood or on the train back to Glasgow. Prick. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Lothian Buses, that hitherto unknown hotbed of anti-Catholic sentiment. 🙄

This guy is a prime exampe of an inverted bigot, who sees absolutely everything through the lens of whatever relgious faction he belongs to, and will find it wherever he points his nose, whether it exists or not.

I assume he's another like that arsehole who played Dougal in Take the High Road many years ago, only time spent in Edinburgh is in Holyrood or on the train back to Glasgow. Prick. 

Save a guy a Google ?

Nothing to see here. Just another episode of Trumpian politics, where elected representatives can spout any old shite without recrimination.

Savage Vince
9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Let's not leave Kat Cary out. Her take on softplay centres. 

Cary, an admin officer to SNP MSP Emma Roddick, wrote on Twitter: “Stay closed forever you over-priced, disease-ridden, wreaking-of-p*** nightmare of a children’s birthday party venue.

Lovely person obviously. 

She's right.

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Save a guy a Google ?

It's a bit of an old reference lol, and I'm beginning to doubt my memory since IMDB says this twat was born in Doune, but I defintely remember him saying in a paper that he would get the train back to Glasgow and then return rather than spend his break in Edinburgh because he hated the place so much. 

2.webp

Konrad von Carstein
34 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It's a bit of an old reference lol, and I'm beginning to doubt my memory since IMDB says this twat was born in Doune, but I defintely remember him saying in a paper that he would get the train back to Glasgow and then return rather than spend his break in Edinburgh because he hated the place so much. 

2.webp,

That photo is all the evidence I require to opine, that even before he said what you suggest, he is a weapons grade arsehole...

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Good post and an excellent observation, Gizmo.

If you substitute religious for political or ideological you could sum up half the posters in the shed.

Just now, Smithee said:

No, it's a storm in a teacup, as usual

Aw :(

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, it's a storm in a teacup, as usual

No smoke without fire. Some SNP party members especially on the finance side have resigned due to lack of clarity and transparency surrounding the accounts. 
Ive no idea myself of what’s going on around the accounts and only relying on news reports but something thing is causing party members concerns. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

No smoke without fire. Some SNP party members especially on the finance side have resigned due to lack of clarity and transparency surrounding the accounts. 
Ive no idea myself of what’s going on around the accounts and only relying on news reports but something thing is causing party members concerns. 

Ah no smoke without fire, if someone said there's something amiss there must be something amiss!

It's being investigated by the police, no one knows, we'll find out, but it'll most likely be after the investigation.

jack D and coke
36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah no smoke without fire, if someone said there's something amiss there must be something amiss!

It's being investigated by the police, no one knows, we'll find out, but it'll most likely be after the investigation.

Something has went on there’s no doubt about it and it needs airing. 
The fuming though is funny. It’s like me and my pals having a sweep and somebody spunking cash the cash but someone totally unconnected getting annoyed about it. 
Somebody actually posted a story, a story that actually made the news, about somebody getting 40 quid back. 
****ing hilarious :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Sturgeon accused of hiding bad news before the election. Can no one be trusted in politics?

https://apple.news/ANARQeEd4RhK1y7U2x4ObbA

Nicola Sturgeon has been accused of burying bad news by delaying a decision to scrap the Scottish Qualifications Authority until after the Holyrood election.

Douglas Ross, the Scottish Conservative leader, said Scottish ministers were made aware the exam body was not fit for purpose long before its demise was announced yesterday.

John Swinney, the former education secretary, tried in vain to delete an opposition motion in February calling for greater accountability at the SQA and for Education Scotland to be partitioned into separate policy and inspection agencies.

Swinney said the motion contained “gratuitous and unfounded criticism of the public servants in Education Scotland and the SQA” despite having already privately read similar criticisms from the Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) two weeks earlier.

Swinney, who was stripped of his education brief in the post-election cabinet reshuffle in May but remains Scotland’s deputy first minister, said he was forbidden to disclose the OECD’s findings before the election.

The OECD’s review of Scotland’s curriculum, published on Monday, found teachers largely ignored curriculum guidance from Education Scotland, the government policy agency, in favour of exam guidance from the SQA — which led to teaching to the test rather than imparting knowledge and skills.

The OECD, which promotes shared learning to boost global economic growth, also remarked that Education Scotland had an “unusual configuration” as both curriculum designer and inspector.

Overall, it found the Scottish government’s education agencies to be a politically incestuous echo-chamber.

It said: “Distribution of responsibility is somewhat blurred [because] most top administrative and executive positions in Scotland’s education system tend to be held successively by a small number of agents.

“This . . . cultivates a single perspective on education and prevents creative thinking and constructive challenging from within top decision-making processes . . . if only the same people are constantly involved, where do new ideas and perspectives come from?”

Shirley-Anne Somerville, who replaced Swinney as education secretary in May, announced the SQA would be replaced by a new authority and Education Scotland would be broken up into separate policy and inspection agencies — just as opposition parties unanimously demanded in February.

Speaking at first minister’s questions today, Ross said: “The OECD report is so important and crucial that Nicola Sturgeon kept it in her drawer over the election period to make sure that there could be no challenge to her government’s shambolic record in education.”

Sturgeon said pupils could have confidence in the alternative assessment model devised by the SQA to replace exams this year, which uses teacher judgment moderated by council officials, despite her decision to scrap it.

She said: “It is perfectly consistent to say . . . I have confidence in the work that the SQA does around the certification of national qualifications [and that] it is also the case that it is time for reform.”

Ross said: “There is absolutely nothing grown-up or responsible in the government claiming that it has changed its mind on the quality of the SQA because of an OECD report that it has had, not just for the past three weeks, but for months. The government had the report before the election that we have just been through.

“That damning OECD report criticised the confusing and unhelpful communication that was given to schools.

“Is it really any wonder? Nicola Sturgeon says that she has full confidence in the SQA, so she scrapped it.

“It is just another example of a government that has lost its way in education, and that says one thing and does another with no vision of where it is going or how it gets there.”

• 3 weeks later...
The Mighty Thor

Willie Rennie hands in his notice.

Another opposition leader bites the dust. 

How many is that Sturgeon has seen off during the demise of the SNP?

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder what will come of the Herald and the investigative outlet The Ferret findings that the SNP are holding hundreds of meetings with lobbyists without adding them to the the register as they're meant to under the Lobbying Act of Scotland 2016? 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder what will come of the Herald and the investigative outlet The Ferret findings that the SNP are holding hundreds of meetings with lobbyists without adding them to the the register as they're meant to under the Lobbying Act of Scotland 2016? 

A further rise in support for the SNP probably

• 1 month later...
Seymour M Hersh

I see Mrs Murrell has, under severe pressure from the greens no doubt, had a complete volte-face on Oil & Gas. So much so she has written to Boris telling him to review exploration licences. Whatever happened to "It's Scotland's Oil"?  I wonder how the 100,000 people who's livelihood depends on the industry will react, not to mention the rank & file nat. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see Mrs Murrell has, under severe pressure from the greens no doubt, had a complete volte-face on Oil & Gas. So much so she has written to Boris telling him to review exploration licences. Whatever happened to "It's Scotland's Oil"?  I wonder how the 100,000 people who's livelihood depends on the industry will react, not to mention the rank & file nat. 

On the other side of that, what happened to the "oil is running out and wont sustain an indie Scotland " that was trotted out remorselessly during the run up to the referendum vote?

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

On the other side of that, what happened to the "oil is running out and wont sustain an indie Scotland " that was trotted out remorselessly during the run up to the referendum vote?

Which was and is true. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Which was and is true. 

Not quite as apocalypticly as the messaging then though eh?

Of course it is a finite "resource" and we have to shift from our reliance on it...

jack D and coke

We have the majority or Europe’s renewable energy but I’m waiting for that to be running oot if we do get another indyref. 
Or we won’t be able to develop it without the broad shoulders of the Uk/queen/WW2/bulldogs and spitfires :lol: 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We're heading down a dangerous path if the Greens get anywhere near power.  People, probably harbouring a middle class guilt, think they're doing their bit for the environment by voting for a "harmless" wee party who will campaign on climate change issues.

In reality,  the Greens are a dangerous, anti-economic growth party and believe we are too rich, make too much, do too much and travel too much. Ironic that they support uncontrolled immigration.

The only alternative to economic growth is national impoverishment. 

Not to mention their sinister trans agenda with the idiotic belief, widely supported in the woke Holyrood bubble,  that there are more than 2 sexes.

Go figure - as the Americans would say.

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We're heading down a dangerous path if the Greens get anywhere near power.  People, probably harbouring a middle class guilt, think they're doing their bit for the environment by voting for a "harmless" wee party who will campaign on climate change issues.

In reality,  the Greens are a dangerous, anti-economic growth party and believe we are too rich, make too much, do too much and travel too much. Ironic that they support uncontrolled immigration.

Not to mention their sinister trans agenda with the idiotic belief, widely supported in the woke Holyrood bubble,  that there are more than 2 sexes.

So the move to allow children as young as four to change their gender without parental consent. Saying to teachers to allow pupils to use whatever loo or name they want without question, is likely more appeasement for green support you think? The plot has been completely lost at Holyrood by the governing party. 

34 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So the move to allow children as young as four to change their gender without parental consent. Saying to teachers to allow pupils to use whatever loo or name they want without question, is likely more appeasement for green support you think? The plot has been completely lost at Holyrood by the governing party. 

Yes, completely agree.  The SNP are split down the middle on the trans issue but , yes, you're right, it's likely appeasement for green backing in a coalition. The way they treated Andy Wightman, widely regarded as one of the most capable of MSPs, was appalling.  For having the "temerity" to listen to opposing views on an issue where the Greens are on the wrong side of logic, reality and common sense. 

The idea of them being close to power sends a shiver down the spine.

manaliveits105

Sturgeon and her gov were all for the Cambo but now her spin doctors have seen another opportunity for her administration to oppose The UK Government and the big bad Tories (their only go to policy) - she is so transparent 

obviously the minnion is pulling her strings too to get the greens at the table - shambles !

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We're hanging off a cliff with the ****ing Tories in charge, normal people won't pretend the greens are a dangerous path!

I'd expect our resident right wing nutters to disapprove to be fair.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do you think economic growth as its practiced is a good idea?

Unless you think the climate crisis is fake we have to reimagine how we go about things.

The transgender thing is something I dont take a view on.

I wouldn't fancy the greens to govern but I really think if we are serious about ensuring a decent place to live we have to think about a consumer led economy.

Unfortunately I dont know what the answer is and I fear we wont address this properly.

But if we pulled the plug for covid then really the projected climate is a far bigger fish.

I'm not having a go but do you not think a green agenda should be central to all main stream parties?

Should it not be the governing policy ahead of all others?

55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We're hanging off a cliff with the ****ing Tories in charge, normal people won't pretend the greens are a dangerous path!

The current Tory party are little more than thiefs .

I really dont get why anyone with conservative values could continue to support them.

54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The very obvious fact, of course, is  that the Toaaaries have very little to do with the running of Scotland, given that education, health, policing etc are fully devolved and a whole range of other welfare and tax raising powers are in the hands of Holyrood.

Not quite sure where the "hanging off a cliff " claim derives from, considering the success of the vaccination programme and a forecast recovery that is among the highest in the G7.

At any rate, if you think anything the Tories have done compares to the  sheer incompetence of the SNP  with iit's reverse Midas touch, centralised control, the insidious intrusion into private and family life with flawed legislation like Named Persons, Hate Speech etc etc and now yet another sinister attempt at indoctrinating the youngest children with dangerous, gender recognition pish,then you have a strange grasp of what is important. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The very obvious fact, of course, is  that the Toaaaries have very little to do with the running of Scotland, given that education, health, policing etc are fully devolved and a whole range of other welfare and tax raising powers are in the hands of Holyrood.

Not quite sure where the "hanging off a cliff " claim derives from, considering the success of the vaccination programme and a forecast recovery that is among the highest in the G7.

At any rate, if you think anything the Tories have done compares to the  sheer incompetence of the SNP  with iit's reverse Midas touch, centralised control, the insidious intrusion into private and family life with flawed legislation like Named Persons, Hate Speech etc etc and now yet another sinister attempt at indoctrinating the youngest children with dangerous, gender recognition pish,then you have a strange grasp of what is important. 

hqdefault.jpg

Boris is doing a great job, isn't he?

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

hqdefault.jpg

Boris is doing a great job, isn't he?

Ok, I will try again; Boris has very little to do with the running of Scotland .  Other than procuring and distributing the vaccines ahead of nearly every other country, providing additional funding via Barnett and telling Sturgeon to stick her referendum up her farter, the important powers sit at Holyrood. .

Quite how decisions made by Boris or Tooaaries have any affect on your daily life, only you know.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ok, I will try again; Boris has very little to do with the running of Scotland .  Other than procuring and distributing the vaccines ahead of nearly every other country, providing additional funding via Barnett and telling Sturgeon to stick her referendum up her farter, the important powers sit at Holyrood. .

Quite how decisions made by Boris or Tooaaries have any affect on your daily life, only you know.

You'd be a great first date, you'll swallow anything

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You'd be a great first date, you'll swallow anything

So, no daily impact on your life or outcomes. Good, at least we've established that your gripe with the Tories and Boris is purely personal. 

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So, no daily impact on your life or outcomes. Good, at least we've established that your gripe with the Tories and Boris is purely personal. 

I consider a hard Brexit followed by monumental idiocy in the aftermath to have funking major impact on my daily life.

44 minutes ago, Ked said:

Do you think economic growth as its practiced is a good idea?

Unless you think the climate crisis is fake we have to reimagine how we go about things.

The transgender thing is something I dont take a view on.

I wouldn't fancy the greens to govern but I really think if we are serious about ensuring a decent place to live we have to think about a consumer led economy.

Unfortunately I dont know what the answer is and I fear we wont address this properly.

But if we pulled the plug for covid then really the projected climate is a far bigger fish.

I'm not having a go but do you not think a green agenda should be central to all main stream parties?

Should it not be the governing policy ahead of all others?

Yes. It's certainly a better option than stripping life back to bare necessities and curtailing people's lives.

Of course climate change is real.  Very few people contest that. Whether it is caused by CO2 emissions is very much contestable. 

What the UK, with barely 1.5% of global emissions, can realistically do, without risking the lights going out, is moot.

I heard a swivel-eyed Extinction Rebellion protester yesterday praise the efforts of China. Oblivious or blind to the power plants they open on a daily basis,  this zealot blamed the West's desire for consumer goods. Not China's fault - despite 30% of emissions- but the West.  Always the favoured enemy of the full time British activist. 

That's the kind of people we're dealing with here.

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I consider a hard Brexit followed by monumental idiocy in the aftermath to have funking major impact on my daily life.

Really? Oh well. The EU as we knew it, the clunking, undemocratic, bureaucracy won't last long imo. Britain was just the first.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Fair play to you, when it's too obvious to state I usually don't bother. The greatest heist in years is happening and this boy's clapping them into the getaway van. And that's just the deliberate shakedown, never mind the mind boggling incompetence and stupidity.

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Really? Oh well. The EU as we knew it, the clunking, undemocratic, bureaucracy won't last long imo. Britain was just the first.

Yes, really.

Your opinion is simply that, your opinion and no amount of wall of text postage will change that fact.

Enjoy your Saturday Enzo,  🍻

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Fair play to you, when it's too obvious to state I usually don't bother. The greatest heist in years is happening and this boy's clapping them into the getaway van. And that's just the deliberate shakedown, never mind the mind boggling incompetence and stupidity.

Do you actually believe any of that? Seriously. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

****** olympianlevels of cronyism, lying,  law breaking etc and still people cheer them to the rafters on here... Soul destroying.

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yes, really.

Your opinion is simply that, your opinion and no amount of wall of text postage will change that fact.

To be fair, I did say "imo".

Cheers. Have a good evening KvC🍺

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yes, really.

Remember all the countries lining up to leave after we showed how successythe whole thing was? 🤣