• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

6 hours ago, Swahili Jambo said:

I genuinely feel sorry for you (I don't actually, it's very amusing, please keep it up) for the pain place you are in just now. SNP are in control, again, and Wee Nic, calling the shots again, just biding her time before calling the big one, which she will, and win big. Tough being a wee wannabe Englander in Scotland at the moment eh.  I think I've posted the Ibrox address before.  And you have have never answered are you proud of the Saltire on our crest?        

And I feel more sorry for you that you can't compute basic hard data that an SNP iScotland would be a mega tsunami of economic catastrophe and self inflicted pain on every man woman and child in Scotland. I have no ideological objection to independence; If the SNP were even slightly competent and had not run us into a 15bn deficit I'd be on the fence about it, but as it is is they have zero case that makes any sense beyond the flag shagging you have swallowed whole.  They are scoundrels and charlatans that live vicariously on English patronage while claiming this as their own work to the lower classes. You can shuffle along to Ibrox before me. I have no truck with hun culture or its sectarian baggage train, that goes for the Celtic we vote SNP to get it up them numpties also. Maybe you'd be happier there than Tynie?  

Unknown user
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

And I feel more sorry for you that you can't compute basic hard data that an SNP iScotland would be a mega tsunami of economic catastrophe and self inflicted pain on every man woman and child in Scotland. I have no ideological objection to independence; If the SNP were even slightly competent and had not run us into a 15bn deficit I'd be on the fence about it, but as it is is they have zero case that makes any sense beyond the flag shagging you have swallowed whole.  They are scoundrels and charlatans that live vicariously on English patronage while claiming this as their own work to the lower classes. You can shuffle along to Ibrox before me. I have no truck with hun culture or its sectarian baggage train, that goes for the Celtic we vote SNP to get it up them numpties also. Maybe you'd be happier there than Tynie?  

I see for 20/21 Westminster's deficit ran to 303 billion, I'd imagine that'll be you right back over the fence eh Mr Naw Means Naw? :laugh2:

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I see for 20/21 Westminster's deficit ran to 303 billion, I'd imagine that'll be you right back over the fence eh Mr Naw Means Naw? :laugh2:

Nice try Smithee. Where would oor Nicola have found the furlough billions to pay people this past 16 months in an iScotland? I'll give you a starter for ten: wouldn't be down the back of the sofa she lost the 600k in party donations. She could maybe drop a wee letter to Greece on how not to fund a countries needs on capital market high interest rate borrowing. That and some lucky white heather. Wee free Katy would have a plan mind. 

Edited by JackLadd

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Nice try Smithee. Where would have oor Nicola have found the furlough billions to pay people this past 16 months in an iScotland? I'll give you a starter for ten: wouldn't be down the back of the sofa she lost the 600k in party donations. She could maybe drop a wee letter to Greece on how not to fund a countries needs on capital market high interest rate borrowing. That and some lucky white heather. Wee free Katy would have a plan mind. 

It's not me that's talking shit about how you might be listening to the independence case if not for the deficit!

But I'd imagine an independent Scotland would probably borrow money when it needed to. You know, like every other country on the ****ing planet.

How shit do you think we are that it would be beyond us?

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It's not me that's talking shit about how you might be listening to the independence case if not for the deficit!

But I'd imagine an independent Scotland world probably borrow money when it needed to. You know, like every other country on the ****ing planet.

How shit do you think we are that it would be beyond us?

Like most nats (including the numpties that call themselves SNP MSP'S/MP's) you really don't understand capital markets and govt debt instruments (GILTS) do you? The promise to make payments to the bond holder etc. Into the bargain you don't know what currency you'd be borrowing on, the exchange rate, the interest rate, most important the credit rating an iScotland would have when issuing bonds and how it would service this. How it would set up a central bank/what entity? Nor do you know how much national debt Scotland would start with. Should be circa 250bn and that will need to be serviced or Scotland defaults and cannot borrow at all. Who is bailing out an iScotland in these circumstances? The IMF? They would just say cut your cloth which would mean swinging cuts across the board. That's all the freebies gone overnight. 30-40% cuts to health, pensions and benefits and the huge public pay sector here. That's what happened in Greece. This is the reality and not the SNP's tubthumping wha's like us. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Like most nats (including the numpties that call themselves SNP MSP'S/MP's) you really don't understand capital markets and govt debt instruments (GILTS) do you? The promise to make payments to the bond holder etc. Into the bargain you don't know what currency you'd be borrowing on, the exchange rate, the interest rate, most important the credit rating an iScotland would have when issuing bonds and how it would service this. How it would set up a central bank/what entity? Nor do you know how much national debt Scotland would start with. Should be circa 250bn and that will need to be serviced or Scotland defaults and cannot borrow at all. Who is bailing out an iScotland in these circumstances? The IMF? They would just say cut your cloth which would mean swinging cuts across the board. That's all the freebies gone overnight. 30-40% cuts to health, pensions and benefits and the huge public pay sector here. That's what happened in Greece. This is the reality and not the SNP's tubthumping wha's like us. 

:laugh2: aye we're too shit to do all the things big grown up countries do.

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

:greatpost:

Ron Burgundy
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Good post IMO.

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don’t think he’s saying that at all. It’s more about the unknown variables and an unknown starting position which really means to confidently sit there and paint some rosey garden with no actual figures or data to back it up is pretty much fantasy. 

I’m not saying it can’t be done but at what cost or benefit. Clearly around half the country feel it isn’t worth it or the SNP haven’t shown it will be worth it. 

Roxy Hearts
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Why do you bother with them Smithee? Wasting your time. 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

I don’t think he’s saying that at all. It’s more about the unknown variables and an unknown starting position which really means to confidently sit there and paint some rosey garden with no actual figures or data to back it up is pretty much fantasy. 

I’m not saying it can’t be done but at what cost or benefit. Clearly around half the country feel it isn’t worth it or the SNP haven’t shown it will be worth it. 

With respect, D, you could plant that post in the Brexit thread and it would be coming from the opposite half of the country. Word for word actually.

How’s that for whataboutary !

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

With respect, D, you could plant that post in the Brexit thread and it would be coming from the opposite half of the country. Word for word actually.

How’s that for whataboutary !

Absolutely you could. With many of the same people using it to remain now ignoring it to argue for independence. If nothing else shows up the hypocrisy of many of us when it suits. 😂

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely you could. With many of the same people using it to remain now ignoring it to argue for independence. If nothing else shows up the hypocrisy of many of us when it suits. 😂

👍

21 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

Taking issue with private donations that did not originate from you, and will be spent funding that a future cause that you're ultimately against while ignoring an issue such as 22 billion wasted on a failed test and trace system makes you look like at worst an idiot, or at best an ignorant sycophant. 

£37 BILLION! 

Enough to pay for the entire world's vaccinations. Still, Dido "I know where the bodies are" Harding will be duly punished for her latest episode of utter incompetence by being installed as head of the NHS. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Getting a government we vote for is a hell of a benefit. 

Or we could just sit and wait and see how England votes next.

32 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

£37 BILLION! 

Enough to pay for the entire world's vaccinations. Still, Dido "I know where the bodies are" Harding will be duly punished for her latest episode of utter incompetence by being installed as head of the NHS. 

I don’t think it is incompetence. They know exactly what they’re doing. It’s easy to call them incompetents. It’s larceny on a grand scale.

Edited by Boab

Unknown user
54 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Why do you bother with them Smithee? Wasting your time. 

Always for the same reason - for those who read but don't comment, you never know who's quietly looking in. That's why I try to calmly point at bullshit, make it clear why it's bullshit, and come back to the point that Scotland deserves a democratic voice like every other country in the world.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don’t think it is incompetence. They know exactly what they’re doing. It’s easy to call them incompetents. It’s larceny on a grand scale.

:spoton:

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Boab said:

A little column A, a little column B. Loads of each, actually.

Roxy Hearts
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Always for the same reason - for those who read but don't comment, you never know who's quietly looking in. That's why I try to calmly point at bullshit, make it clear why it's bullshit, and come back to the point that Scotland deserves a democratic voice like every other country in the world.

👍I don't need convincing as I knew decades ago that Scotland was being used for its resources. We are already an established country with much of the infrastructure in finance, education, business etc to be an attractive country to invest in. We also export more than we import.

The only thing holding us back is some of our own people who believe in propaganda and Westminster who don't want Scotland to be successful. I also believe the establishment are detriment to Scotland being even more viable.

36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Getting a government we vote for is a hell of a benefit. 

Or we could just sit and wait and see how England votes next.

Well that argument hasn’t changed since the last referendum so obviously not that hell of a benefit or the result would have been different. 

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

👍I don't need convincing as I knew decades ago that Scotland was being used for its resources. We are already an established country with much of the infrastructure in finance, education, business etc to be an attractive country to invest in. We also export more than we import.

The only thing holding us back is some of our own people who believe in propaganda and Westminster who don't want Scotland to be successful. I also believe the establishment are detriment to Scotland being even more viable.

:greatpost:

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Used for its resources :facepalm:

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Used for its resources :facepalm:

Yes, of course. Can you explain to me why the establishment wish to keep Scotland at all costs?

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Loved that series 🤣

The original came out when I was around 10 and I thought it was class.

Came across the pilot episode a couple of days ago when pinging through the TV channels but couldn't convince the Mrs to watch it. I don't think there's any future for us tbh.

Yes, of course. Can you explain to me why the establishment wish to keep Scotland at all costs?

Don't hold your breath in getting an answer from that one, although he is good at name calling.

Edited by micole

Roxy Hearts
37 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Came across the pilot episode a couple of days ago when pinging through the TV channels but couldn't convince the Mrs to watch it. I don't think there's any future for us tbh.

I watched first time it came out and was brilliant. Couldn't wait for next episode. Tell the Mrs you'll watch a soap with her and all will be forgiven 😉

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, micole said:

Don't hold your breath in getting an answer from that one, although he is good at name calling.

I don't know why I'm bothering after telling Smithee not to!

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I watched first time it came out and was brilliant. Couldn't wait for next episode. Tell the Mrs you'll watch a soap with her and all will be forgiven 😉

Thankfully she's not into the soaps, or our relationship would've foundered long vefore now. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Thankfully she's not into the soaps, or our relationship would've foundered long vefore now. 

Have u only got one telly in your house ? 

Roxy Hearts
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

😆same here. Awful acting.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Have u only got one telly in your house ? 

Yes, and no plans for any more.

manaliveits105

apparently they have come up with a way of harnassing all the wind and pash that the snp and their supporters produce - it’s rated on the Blackford Scale 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Yes, and no plans for any more.

Ok ok 👌 😂 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

apparently they have come up with a way of harnassing all the wind and pash that the snp and their supporters produce - it’s rated on the Blackford Scale 

Ignoring the fact that you didn't answer the question, that was quite funny,  for you.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Well that argument hasn’t changed since the last referendum so obviously not that hell of a benefit or the result would have been different. 

Sorry, were we talking about benefits of independence or not?

Empowering the Scottish electorate to shape Scotland's future, with a national government that's actually interested in the country (looking at you Westminster) and isn't obsessed with one issue (looking at you SNP)

The greatest benefit there is 

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Ignoring the fact that you didn't answer the question, that was quite funny,  for you.

I thought so too.

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Similar age and similar memories. I remember the first couple of series but don't really recall how it ends. Well I have downloaded the series and in the midst of watching first episode.

Its 80’s tastic so far but I can’t wait till the tories and the royal family come out the space ships. 

I’m also pretty sure Freddie Kruger was in it as well.

Thankfully, its been tidied up for HD etc so is actually watchable as opposed to the grainy pictures first time round. 

Ham Tyler was my hero. :wub:

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Similar age and similar memories. I remember the first couple of series but don't really recall how it ends. Well I have downloaded the series and in the midst of watching first episode.

Its 80’s tastic so far but I can’t wait till the tories and the royal family come out the space ships. 

I’m also pretty sure Freddie Kruger was in it as well.

Thankfully, its been tidied up for HD etc so is actually watchable as opposed to the grainy pictures first time round. 

Best not to re watch tv series you remember as a child as in my experience they tend to be absolutely dire through an adult prism ! 😂 just like first loves / crushes when you see them again 😎 I recall this series was on during the 1984 Olympics .  

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Your may well be right, though I’m committed now.

I’m 3 hours in now. It’s not how I remember it, the acting and storyline are actually pretty poor. However, find lots of it pretty funny, quite fun spotting actors and I have found my self genuinely engrossed at a few points. 

it’s very moment of its time so nostalgia has kicked in. 

Also Diane is the Priti Patel of the Alien 80’s world

Well your not exactly selling it to me regarding “ Diane “  ! But as the old saying goes “ nostalgia ain’t what it used to be “ 😂

The Hogfather

I see there's a video circulating round of James Dornan and his views on why Lothian Buses pulled service in March. Seems to think it's linked to Irish Catholicism and St Patricks Day. This might well be an old video that I haven't seen, but can anyone tell me if any Edinburgh based SNP MSPs have disputed his view on events?

Seems quite happy to label Edinburgh as a city rife with sectarianism.

Savage Vince
On 08/06/2021 at 15:36, Governor Tarkin said:

Watched it too, similar age. Around the time I started at the chugging IIRC. 

Rc996358bfb08bcd45abb76e736f3e453.jpeg

Edited by Savage Vince

Jeffros Furios
48 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I see there's a video circulating round of James Dornan and his views on why Lothian Buses pulled service in March. Seems to think it's linked to Irish Catholicism and St Patricks Day. This might well be an old video that I haven't seen, but can anyone tell me if any Edinburgh based SNP MSPs have disputed his view on events?

Just read his comments , what a funking nutter and shows you the mentality of the typical bigoted weegie.

Not one person  I know in Edinburgh would ever come out with this nonsense and he  doesn't do the snp any favours .

Instead of taking a knee I'd like the sectarian garbage in this country dealt with .

10 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Needs to be held to account for those comments - but unlikely he will be. Horrible insight into how some of Scotland's politicians view the world.

Edited by red21
S

Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Let's not leave Kat Cary out. Her take on softplay centres. 

Cary, an admin officer to SNP MSP Emma Roddick, wrote on Twitter: “Stay closed forever you over-priced, disease-ridden, wreaking-of-p*** nightmare of a children’s birthday party venue.

Lovely person obviously. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh