The rise and fall of The SNP.

Captain Slog

You miss the point.  This has nothing to do with anyone else.  What did they do with money raised to campaign for independence?

Yes the tories are far, far more corrupt.  But it is irrelevant to this

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

You miss the point.  This has nothing to do with anyone else.  What did they do with money raised to campaign for independence?

Yes the tories are far, far more corrupt.  But it is irrelevant to this

I don't know, none of us do.

But I do hope we get independence from those Tory snakes soon, that's the only way the SNP will be falling in the foreseeable future.

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You say both corrupt as if they're similar, they're not, by orders of magnitude. That's the point. They're NOT as bad as each other.

2 corrupt entities are not similar due to the size of the corruption ? Is that really what you are arguing ? 😂

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

2 corrupt entities are not similar due to the size of the corruption ? Is that really what you are arguing ? 😂

Actually I'd question the whole starting point, there's lots of corruption in Westminster, we see it all the time.

Meanwhile there's a vague possible smell here, nothing more, just unionist hysteria at the moment.

But yes, I would say that a right wing government creaming off contracts to their mates and families and taking the Exchequer for hundreds of billions isn't very similar to questions about a six figure sum of the party's money.

Seems pretty obvious TBH

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Actually I'd question the whole starting point, there's lots of corruption in Westminster, we see it all the time.

Meanwhile there's a vague possible smell here, nothing more, just unionist hysteria at the moment.

But yes, I would say that a right wing government creaming off contracts to their mates and families and taking the Exchequer for hundreds of billions isn't very similar to questions about a six figure sum of the party's money.

Seems pretty obvious TBH

Fair enough but I completely disagree. If you are corrupt you are corrupt. The only difference in scale is due to the access to enable larger corruption. 

Captain Slog
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't know, none of us do.

But I do hope we get independence from those Tory snakes soon, that's the only way the SNP will be falling in the foreseeable future.

I'm, from the point of being Unionist all my life, very open to voting for independence this time round, I've had it with Westminster.  I'm not even so much of a Royalist these days after the Queen goes.  So its very, very frustrating that the SNP arent even trying to do what they are there for.  I guess Lovell and co are content with the little power they have.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Fair enough but I completely disagree. If you are corrupt you are corrupt. The only difference in scale is due to the access to enable larger corruption. 

Bit of an over simplification there, the whole They're as bad as each other chat is just crap, simply not true

Swahili Jambo

Oh man, the fear and self loathing on this thread is just getting even funnier. DEAL WITH IT.  SNP have had ANOTHER landside victory.  ANOTHER (and YES I'm using caps for no reason really other than it's easier to type SNP ARE IN CHARGE FOR ANOTHER 5 years), voted for by a HUGE majority of the Scottish electorate. ****in deal with it and accept that the majority of the Scottish electorate voted for wee Nic and the SNP, it wasn't even close..   AND even better news, the vast majority of kids coming up to voting age are HUGELY in favour of the SNP and Independence.  ****in strange that eh.  Tickety ****in tick tock.

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Oh man, the fear and self loathing on this thread is just getting even funnier. DEAL WITH IT.  SNP have had ANOTHER landside victory.  ANOTHER (and YES I'm using caps for no reason really other than it's easier to type SNP ARE IN CHARGE FOR ANOTHER 5 years), voted for by a HUGE majority of the Scottish electorate. ****in deal with it and accept that the majority of the Scottish electorate voted for wee Nic and the SNP, it wasn't even close..   AND even better news, the vast majority of kids coming up to voting age are HUGELY in favour of the SNP and Independence.  ****in strange that eh.  Tickety ****in tick tock.

:cornette:

9 hours ago, Dazo said:

... no wonder half the electorate don’t trust them to run the country on its own. 

Ah right.

Would you prefer Labour, not trusted by 77% of the electorate?

Or perhaps the Conservatives, not trusted by 78% of the electorate? 

Or the Greens, or the Liberal Democrats, where the lack of trust runs to almost 95%?

What level of lack of trust does a political party need to have so you'll vote for them? 

Captain Slog
41 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Not trying to be a smart arse but do you mean the Murrells instead of Lovells?😄

My bad, Im usually scared to even read this thread never mind post in case i make an erse of myself like that

Captain Slog
34 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Stop deflecting.  Where is the 600k for independence campaigning?  Its whats currently under discussion.  Currently, Im leaning to the view that the SNP are doing everything they can not to push for independence

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Stop deflecting.  Where is the 600k for independence campaigning?  Its whats currently under discussion.  Currently, Im leaning to the view that the SNP are doing everything they can not to push for independence

They are a protest party.

They are in government but still protest. Tells you all you need to know about them.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

He doesn't know, you don't know, we don't know.

And what's under discussion here is the rise and fall of the SNP

Captain Slog
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He doesn't know, you don't know, we don't know.

And what's under discussion here is the rise and fall of the SNP

I know, I'm just frustrated Smithee.  The party name suggests they should be an answer, I can understand why the majority of voters have flocked to them.  I want to.  But the party itself doesn't seem to want to do what its there for.  That will ultimately be its fall.  For what its worth, I was open to the greens too, until they have done exactly the same.  Their little leadership are now happy with what they have in getting into bed with the SNP.  Its no wonder so many dont engage with politics

10 hours ago, Dazo said:

What would be the point in answering your question ? It is loaded to back up the embarrassing defence to every snp scandal or **** up. The defence of not being quite as bad as the conservatives is a shocker. Lie, steal and **** up as much as you want just as long as it’s perceived not to be as bad as them then it’s ok. 👍

It makes us a laughing stock and no wonder half the electorate don’t trust them to run the country on its own. 

It’s typical SNP  Apologists Mantra “Deny-deflect accuse”

52 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Your beloved SNP have no intention of Independence because they supp from the same gravy train  it’s time you woke up 

Konrad von Carstein
25 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They are in government but still protest. Tells you all you need to know about them.

:berra:

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

:rofl:

Unknown user
Just now, weehammy said:

So it’s OK to be a wee bit corrupt?

:interehjrling:

So much for the modern, progressive democracy you lot are promising us.

Didn't say that though did I little hamster? And in fact, I also said I don't see any corruption, just unionist hysteria.

But yes, there are degrees of corruption, of course there are.

Of course a primary school kid taking 50p to let someone get their milk first isn't as bad as a government taking the public purse for billions.

Surely only an utter simpleton would argue that there aren't degrees of corruption.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

What an absolute prat!

I know but if you keep trying you'll level up one day bud. #teamlittlehamster

Ron Burgundy
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

Didn't say that though did I little hamster? And in fact, I also said I don't see any corruption, just unionist hysteria.

But yes, there are degrees of corruption, of course there are.

Of course a primary school kid taking 50p to let someone get their milk first isn't as bad as a government taking the public purse for billions.

Surely only an utter simpleton would argue that there aren't degrees of corruption.

😆

Come on mate, you're not that stupid.

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

😆

:interehjrling:

Unknown user
19 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

😆

If you think these are similar levels of corruption or don't get the point I'm making, I can't help you

Ron Burgundy
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

If you think these are similar levels of corruption or don't get the point I'm making, I can't help you

You seemed to be implying the SNP corruption was for the greater good. Stealing money so a poor wee soul can get some milk.

People who are corrupt try and get away with as much as they can. 

Both the Tories and the SNP are despicable parties. No shame felt by either. And both sets of supporters defend it blindly with whataboutery.

Savage Vince
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You seemed to be implying the SNP corruption was for the greater good. Stealing money so a poor wee soul can get some milk.

Both the Tories and the SNP are despicable parties. No shame felt by either. And both sets of supporters defend it blindly with whataboutery.

Seriously? 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Yeah seriously. I despise them both. 

Are you suggesting politicians outwith those two parties are not despicable?  Personally I think all politicians are pieces of shit to a greater or lesser degree. 

Ron Burgundy
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are you suggesting politicians outwith those two parties are not despicable?  Personally I think all politicians are pieces of shit to a greater or lesser degree. 

Of course they are but these two parties are the ones that have an effect on my life. The bat shit mental Greens and Loony Labour have no effect.

Although the Greens probably can have influence due to the crazy nature of alliance forming to grab power.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Governor Tarkin

image.png.4c4b7d8144103f4cb6e935f423bd06c0.png

Saint Nhicola's foot soldiers of righteousness can do no wrong in their heroic holy struggle against the injustices of the Westminster Beelzebub. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

28 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

image.png.4c4b7d8144103f4cb6e935f423bd06c0.png

Saint Nhicola's foot soldiers of righteousness can do no wrong in their heroic holy struggle against the injustices of the Westminster Beelzebub. 

Wee Nicky going blonde and growing her hair might swing it. 😂

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Only if you ignore the previous sentence which makes it obvious I'm using two extremes to illustrate the point that there are degrees of corruption.

And your last paragraph just isn't true, not by a million miles.

Ron Burgundy
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Only if you ignore the previous sentence which makes it obvious I'm using two extremes to illustrate the point that there are degrees of corruption.

And your last paragraph just isn't true, not by a million miles.

That's an opinion.

My opinion is that both are as bad as each other.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Wee Nicky going blonde and growing her hair might swing it. 😂

This. Might take a few more cans though. 

:ruiner:

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That's an opinion.

My opinion is that both are as bad as each other.

Yeah, you said, it's demonstrably untrue

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

This. Might take a few more cans though. 

:ruiner:

There isn't enough alcohol in Christendom. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/nicola-sturgeons-husband-made-refund-20752333

An Edinburgh man has been interviewed by the police after complaining about missing SNP donation funds.

David Henry, former secretary of the party’s Sighthill and Stenhouse branch in Edinburgh, was one of two people to have alleged criminality over a £600,000 fundraising drive.

Already five senior officials – including two MPs – have resigned amid claims that £600,000 given by independence activists to fight a referendum campaign has been redirected.

The Sunday Mail revealed this morning that Nicola Sturgeon’s husband Peter Murrell intervened to refund money to an ex-SNP member who threatened to contact police over the party’s donations scandal.

The newspaper also revealed that police are now assessing at least two allegations of criminality and have interviewed both complainers at their homes.

Emails passed to the Sunday Mail show that when one former member threatened to go to the police if his donation wasn’t refunded, the cash was immediately handed back.

Murrell himself emailed in response: “The National Treasurer has approved your refund and the bank transfer of £40 will be processed today. Kind regards, Peter.”

Edinburgh man, David Henry, was interviewed by police after making a complaint.

He said: “Nicola Sturgeon is insisting there is nothing to see but that is clearly not the case. If nothing is going on, why are people resigning, why are the books not being shown to party officials, where is the money?

“This is a significant political-financial scandal and people are being given their money back. I have given a lot of money to the party over the years. I gave £70 to this ringfenced fund.

“I haven’t asked for the money back but I called the police and they came to see me a few weeks ago – so there is an active investigation and they are gathering evidence, there is no doubt about that. I got the distinct impression they don’t want to investigate but I think they know they have no choice.

“This is about the public being misled, not just SNP members – money was taken and it needs to be accounted for.”

Another independence supporter from Edinburgh who didn’t want to be named also gave money.

He said: “I’m not an SNP member but I passionately believe in Scottish independence so I signed up to pay into this fund by direct debit every month. I gave around £400 over three years, so I am concerned about where this money is.

“I was giving on the specific understanding that it would be used for an independence referendum campaign. It wasn’t just to go to the SNP’s general funds as I’m not even a member.”

It wisnae us! 

image.jpeg.a460add3a7afc74102e9625be7130af6.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/nicola-sturgeons-husband-made-refund-20752333

An Edinburgh man has been interviewed by the police after complaining about missing SNP donation funds.

David Henry, former secretary of the party’s Sighthill and Stenhouse branch in Edinburgh, was one of two people to have alleged criminality over a £600,000 fundraising drive.

Already five senior officials – including two MPs – have resigned amid claims that £600,000 given by independence activists to fight a referendum campaign has been redirected.

The Sunday Mail revealed this morning that Nicola Sturgeon’s husband Peter Murrell intervened to refund money to an ex-SNP member who threatened to contact police over the party’s donations scandal.

The newspaper also revealed that police are now assessing at least two allegations of criminality and have interviewed both complainers at their homes.

Emails passed to the Sunday Mail show that when one former member threatened to go to the police if his donation wasn’t refunded, the cash was immediately handed back.

Murrell himself emailed in response: “The National Treasurer has approved your refund and the bank transfer of £40 will be processed today. Kind regards, Peter.”

Edinburgh man, David Henry, was interviewed by police after making a complaint.

He said: “Nicola Sturgeon is insisting there is nothing to see but that is clearly not the case. If nothing is going on, why are people resigning, why are the books not being shown to party officials, where is the money?

“This is a significant political-financial scandal and people are being given their money back. I have given a lot of money to the party over the years. I gave £70 to this ringfenced fund.

“I haven’t asked for the money back but I called the police and they came to see me a few weeks ago – so there is an active investigation and they are gathering evidence, there is no doubt about that. I got the distinct impression they don’t want to investigate but I think they know they have no choice.

“This is about the public being misled, not just SNP members – money was taken and it needs to be accounted for.”

Another independence supporter from Edinburgh who didn’t want to be named also gave money.

He said: “I’m not an SNP member but I passionately believe in Scottish independence so I signed up to pay into this fund by direct debit every month. I gave around £400 over three years, so I am concerned about where this money is.

“I was giving on the specific understanding that it would be used for an independence referendum campaign. It wasn’t just to go to the SNP’s general funds as I’m not even a member.”

It wisnae us! 

image.jpeg.a460add3a7afc74102e9625be7130af6.jpeg

Him indoors is saying. And wuv fuggin spent it pal as wee nowt tae see Jimmy chuckles catch us if you can 

Jeffros Furios

Mr Murrell probably wanted an expensive honeymoon with Mr W .

manaliveits105

Try and avoid whatabootery and keep this thread on track with facts like 

•  

The Herald on Sunday with a big piece today. £500M worth of contracts handed out by ScotGov in relation to CV. Many of which involved no tender process and given to companies which had no history of providing the services to which the contract related to. 

SNP donators involved and being investigated by the Good Law Society 

just to add to Sneaky Pete’s goings on 

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Try and avoid whatabootery and keep this thread on track with facts like 

•  

The Herald on Sunday with a big piece today. £500M worth of contracts handed out by ScotGov in relation to CV. Many of which involved no tender process and given to companies which had no history of providing the services to which the contract related to. 

SNP donators involved and being investigated by the Good Law Society 

just to add to Sneaky Pete’s goings on 

Well of course you want to dismiss comparisons with Westminster, they blow everything you say out of the water.

Pretty inconvenient that, I'd be all "ignoring the absolute core of the issue" as well

AlimOzturk

Corruption is corruption however of anyone is seriously suggesting there aren’t levels to it then they are either blinded by party loyalty to the tories or hate the SNP so much they are simply lying to themselves.  

The tories corruption in comparison to the SNP is like climbing Mount Everest  V climbing Arthur seat. They are on a whole other level. Doesn’t make the SNP behaviour acceptable but it isn’t comparable to the tories. 

None of that lame attempt at whatabouttery is relevant to £600k in party donations disappearing down the back of wee Jimmy K's sofa.  :lol:

Swahili Jambo
4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

None of that lame attempt at whatabouttery is relevant to £600k in party donations disappearing down the back of wee Jimmy K's sofa.  :lol:

I genuinely feel sorry for you (I don't actually, it's very amusing, please keep it up) for the pain place you are in just now. SNP are in control, again, and Wee Nic, calling the shots again, just biding her time before calling the big one, which she will, and win big. Tough being a wee wannabe Englander in Scotland at the moment eh.  I think I've posted the Ibrox address before.  And you have have never answered are you proud of the Saltire on our crest?        

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

And you have have never answered are you proud of the Saltire on our crest?        

Should be a Union flag, imo.

Its surely sensible when it's been accepted Independence isn't happening, to spend the money on something else.