Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Good luck on the ventilators. 

I the meantime my daughter will do her best. Even though you think so little of her. 

And now I'll put you on ignore. 

Please do. And I would just add even if I had ever voted Tory I would not accept your intolrance of someone who.happens to disagree with you

And where did I even remotely suggest I think so little of your daughter? 

Edited by Francis Albert

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert

Why is anyone surprised pubs should be packed out on the last night they will be open for three to six months?

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

627  deaths in Italy in 1 day

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Hearing of several pubs that are packed full tonight and selling bevvy off cheaply.

##### the lot of them. Not a thought for anybody else but themselves 

99D4D069-C99A-4C6E-81C9-107A3014BBEB.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why is anyone surprised pubs should be packed out on the last night they will be open for three to six months?

People just hope against hope that the world isn’t full of arseholes. 

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, graygo said:

Anyone else feel like the government thinks the end is nigh?

Giving away money like it doesn't matter.

Yes

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

People just hope against hope that the world isn’t full of arseholes. 

They haven't been around long then ... or logged on to JKB much !

And one last night fling won't make much difference  anyway

Edited by Francis Albert

I ****ing loathe the Tories, but I thought that today's briefing was by far the best showing yet.  Obviously they let some people down; short term workers etc, but on the whole, easily the best day they've had.  I just think this has been a humbling experience for many of them.  Same with Matt Hancock last night.  Whilst towing the party line at times, he too came across as genuine.  Was refreshing to see both him and Andy Burnham put petty politics aside. 

Sturgeon has also been immense through this. And I'm not a SNP fanboy either. But I'm glad we have her in charge up here. Had we had either Labour or Cons, they'd simply be towing the Westminster line. 

Dagger Is Back
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Prepare to be grilled by FA.

Unless my Ad Hominem theory is correct.

Oh God. Can life get any worse?

Dagger Is Back
Just now, BlackJAC? said:

I ****ing loathe the Tories, but I thought that today's briefing was by far the best showing yet.  Obviously they let some people down; short term workers etc, but on the whole, easily the best day they've had.  I just think this has been a humbling experience for many of them.  Same with Matt Hancock last night.  Whilst towing the party line at times, he too came across as genuine.  Was refreshing to see both him and Andy Burnham put petty politics aside. 

Sturgeon has also been immense through this. And I'm not a SNP fanboy either. But I'm glad we have her in charge up here. Had we had either Labour or Cons, they'd simply be towing the Westminster line. 

Agree with every word. Hancock was excellent last night and I’ve always had time for AB

To be honest, I’m still trying to get my head round what’s available to me as a self employed person. My employee is now sorted in terms of wages but unless I’ve missed something there’s nothing else.

Our business was suspended today and we’ve no income coming into the house other than my wife’s 15 hours pw

Start a warehouse job in Livvy tomorrow doing the 2-10pm shift

Been a long time since I ‘took orders’ so hoping they’re a decent employer. 

luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I would love to witness you saying that in person to the mother of the little girl with respiratory problems that I met today.

23 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Agree with every word. Hancock was excellent last night and I’ve always had time for AB

To be honest, I’m still trying to get my head round what’s available to me as a self employed person. My employee is now sorted in terms of wages but unless I’ve missed something there’s nothing else.

Our business was suspended today and we’ve no income coming into the house other than my wife’s 15 hours pw

Good stuff, hopefully that takes some of the pressure off until you can get your business back up and running.

Dagger Is Back
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Good stuff, hopefully that takes some of the pressure off until you can get your business back up and running.

Hope so. We’ll be back with the business just as soon as we’re given the green light.

Thanks buddy

Take care

2 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

It's really simple .

Old people don't give a shite about youngsters : they vote Tory, they don''t care about anything until they personally take a hit (eg the NHS)  and they inflicted brexit on the country.

I'm reluctant to jump into an ongoing argument, but don't you think that comment is a gross exaggeration? I'm an old people and I much prefer spending time with younger people than those of my own age. :wheelchair: 

Perhaps you're referring to British old people.

8 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i thought they said for initially up to 3 months

8 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Backdated to March 1st and for a minimum of 3 months, although no limit has been set. If it needs to be extended, it will be. 

So they'll pay 80% of wages for anyone who decides they need 3 months of work off?  Or have you not understand my question? (Not saying that in a confrontational way)

8 hours ago, Suso Santana said:

Same reason cinemas, restaurants and pubs have to close i suppose. We're suppose to avoid people and stay at home. 

Those are non essential public services. Shops that sell food are essential.

7 hours ago, Jeff said:

Exactly how it should be. Maybe we will hear more in the next few days

You may be surprised to hear that those up for release this year may well get early release imminently.

26 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So they'll pay 80% of wages for anyone who decides they need 3 months of work off?  Or have you not understand my question? (Not saying that in a confrontational way)

Those are non essential public services. Shops that sell food are essential.

The money will go directly to the employer not the employee.

"It will pay 80% of salary for staff who are kept on by their employer, covering wages of up to £2,500 a month."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

The money will go directly to the employer not the employee.

"It will pay 80% of salary for staff who are kept on by their employer, covering wages of up to £2,500 a month."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005

So it isn't 80% pay for those of us who would need to live off SSP for 2 weeks. It's for those whose jobs are effectively ending until this all blows over. The bar/ cinema/ cafe etc staff.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm reluctant to jump into an ongoing argument, but don't you think that comment is a gross exaggeration? I'm an old people and I much prefer spending time with younger people than those of my own age. :wheelchair: 

Perhaps you're referring to British old people.

Not Scotland, nobody lives past 70 up here, so we're fine. :D

Edited by ri Alban

Nobody is going to be safe from this plague. It will hit the over 70's harder but what's new about that? Pretty much everything does.

"Although older people are hardest hit, younger people are not spared."

He added: "I have a message for young people: You are not invincible, this virus could put you in hospital for weeks or even kill you.

Coronavirus: Young people are not ‘invincible’, WHO warns

The Internet
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

There will likely be hundreds of cases transmitted that would've been avoided if folk had just sacrificed one more night. But nah. We're brits and we're above all that. 

A wis Oot walkin the dug and A hauf expectit tae see a Lion hunt doon a deer.

Place is fecking emptiet.

Fire_At_The_Disco

On a positive note I got my whole holiday refunded, negatives :- wife says we are blowing it on the garden 

E2BBEE05-5730-4959-AC2A-2973D92A04E6.jpeg

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Brilliant mate getting something so quickly.

9 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I said it a few days a go, not the right time for Boris bashing. The government can't do everything overnight, no matter who the government is.

Never happen but a bit like America the greatest thing their leader could do is resign and put someone competent in charge.

I'd take May or Cameron back in a heartbeat just now.

Harry Potter

Up at 7am and put on sky news lasted 2 minutes, thousands with HIV in South Africa at risk then they 

go to a hospital in Italy, thats enough for me.

9 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Has it been asked if are we using Chloroquine in the UK?

Sure I over heard on Radio Scotland yesterday that it doesn't work for this virus.

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

This is trolling or off-the-scale ignorance.     Up to 100 or so per pub (lots less in some) multiplied by a few hundred pubs up and down the land (probably more) multiplied by pub attendees returning to wives, children, partners,  etc,  multiplied by wives and partners all trooping out today (with or without pub attendee) to supermarkets to be in close proximity to hundreds of other shoppers + handling trolleys,  shelving,  items,  etc.

It's a potentially significant little chunk ripped out of the delay measures.    Every little bit of delay injected in to the model saves lives.     

What the hell is wrong with you?

Edited by Victorian

41 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

On a positive note I got my whole holiday refunded, negatives :- wife says we are blowing it on the garden 

E2BBEE05-5730-4959-AC2A-2973D92A04E6.jpeg

Talking about the garden I ran my mum to garden Center yesterday and it was busy. 

Think a lot of people are hoping weather warms up so can do things in garden

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sure I over heard on Radio Scotland yesterday that it doesn't work for this virus.

Well that's went from "initial tests are positive and we'll move to full trials" to "it doesn't work for this virus" in the space of 48 hours.

If true.

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Loads in the Goodies

Walked past the Goodies this morning heading for my morning paper, no sign up saying closed and can't really see them making meals for home deliveries as other pub establishments are doing. So mibby a sneaky wee side door will be used for the regulars, not me I may add😁

Edited by Jambo314

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Well done. 

ive always found any employer is reasonable as long as your willing to do a decent days graft which I am sure you are.

14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So sad and yet so predictable. 

Don't be so hard on yourself. 

Summit, the worlds fastest supercomputer has been running various models and simulations. 

77 chemicals have been found that may stop the virus attaching itself to a host.

Small steps in the right direction but hopefully the medical research breakthroughs begin to go exponentially too and we are spoilt for weapons to fight. 

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

As I thought, fake news.

Still in trials but not yet approved.

https://www.bbc.com/news/51980731

not like Trump to make up a story and tell millions.

at least phase 1 will not be needed and there will be no shortage of volunteers for phase 2 and 3. Should be relatively short to set up with NIH money or EU based funders. FDA will fast track if someone puts good stats from said trials in front of them 

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Thanks.

So not a definite no but a significant knock back

Not a knock back at all 

It's an anti malaria drug and that's all it is approved for, it needs trialled to find out if it is effective and the dosages required to treat Coronavirus are safe.

Edit. Sorry, yes a knock back in so far as Trump made out that the FDA had approved it which was obviously either misleading or a downright lie.

Edited by graygo

I'm not sure that a large amount of garden centre / home improvement retailer visiting is a great idea in all honesty.    I know people are not going on holiday and want to put their efforts into gardens and houses instead but it's non essential interaction just like a lot of other things.    It's also most likely to involve a short and busy peak period of activity very soon.

Is it really necessary?    

Edited by Victorian

Just got a message from a senior director in NHS. There is evidence that petrol pumps are a major source of transmission and people should wear gloves or at least wipe hands asap and then obviously wash. 

16 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Just got a message from a senior director in NHS. There is evidence that petrol pumps are a major source of transmission and people should wear gloves or at least wipe hands asap and then obviously wash. 

I was told this yesterday too.

Bindy Badgy

Seems pretty obvious really. Lots of different people will handle the pump every day. They don't typically have facilities to wash your hands before and after.

Brighton Jambo
12 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I don't think Boris is running the country. I think it is Sunak and the devolved Govts, namely Sturgeon...Every decision that the Govt has made this week has either been by the Chancellor or pre-empted by the devolved Govts. Boris is now just a bumbling mouthpiece.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Jambo-Jimbo

One month ago today on the 21 February, Italy recorded their first confirmed death from coronavirus, 4 weeks on from then, that number is now over 4,000.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

I'm not sure that a large amount of garden centre / home improvement retailer visiting is a great idea in all honesty.    I know people are not going on holiday and want to put their efforts into gardens and houses instead but it's non essential interaction just like a lot of other things.    It's also most likely to involve a short and busy peak period of activity very soon.

Is it really necessary?    

My wife cut the grass yesterday, made a rather good job, so much shes entitled to keep the job.:)

A slightly worrying (actually, utterly terrifying) report by some Red Tops of a 27 year old woman dying in Poland, who'd given birth a few days prior, with no previous health issues. Please, please let that just be an extremely unfortunate case. 

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Brilliant mate getting something so quickly.

Cheers boss. Gonna be strange being an employee but it’s involved in food deliveries for the elderly. That can’t be a bad thing at this time

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

This is trolling or off-the-scale ignorance.     Up to 100 or so per pub (lots less in some) multiplied by a few hundred pubs up and down the land (probably more) multiplied by pub attendees returning to wives, children, partners,  etc,  multiplied by wives and partners all trooping out today (with or without pub attendee) to supermarkets to be in close proximity to hundreds of other shoppers + handling trolleys,  shelving,  items,  etc.

It's a potentially significant little chunk ripped out of the delay measures.    Every little bit of delay injected in to the model saves lives.     

What the hell is wrong with you?

Couldn’t agree more. You wonder when or indeed if, the penny is actually going to drop for some people 

3 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Well done. 

ive always found any employer is reasonable as long as your willing to do a decent days graft which I am sure you are.

Cheers

Well I’ve  worked my arse off at any job I’ve ever done so that won’t be a problem. You sometimes hear horror stories about how some employers and bosses treat people so 🤞

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic