• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, robbo1874 said:

How's Russia done during all this? Can't say I've noticed much on the news about there

Vaccinated population before they released it 🤨

2 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

👀

Wow. Any reasons for their success? 

Compliant population, watched an article with a consultant in Moscow. Benefit of years of autocracy. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Lies?

Find that hard to believe. We've got shit loads of them and we're about to get pumped

KIDS OUT PLAYING , ADVICE?

my Kids wee pal was at the door today.

I told mine to stay in. We're not self isolating but just generally trying to follow the advice not to be out and about unnecessarily.

All the kids in the street, groups of them playing.

I feel a bit shan that my kids think im being a spoil sport but seems other folk just aren't taking advice seriously and letting kids out to roam free. bit selfish if you ask me.

Thoughts/opinions? Am I justified or going over the score and being influenced by the panic?

2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I told mine to stay in. We're not self isolating but just generally trying to follow the advice not to be out and about unnecessarily.

I feel a bit shan that my kids think im being a spoil sport but seems other folk just aren't taking advice seriously and letting kids out to roam free. bit selfish if you ask me.

Thoughts/opinions? Am I justified or going over the score and being influenced by the panic?

Totally justified, neighbours are arseholes imo.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boris now.

Cafes, gyms, theatres, leisure centres etc to close tonight. 

About bloody time.

This is very good news.

govt to cover 80% peoples wages up to £2500 per month

backdated to 1st march and open initially for 3 months but can be extended

Edited by milky_26

Boris - "We are telling cafes, pubs, bars and restaurants to close tonight as soon as they reasonably can and not reopen tomorrow."

So they're allowed to be open tonight, but closed from tomorrow morning. Meaning we'll see massive amounts of people going out on the piss one last time.

We had the c *** that owns Wetherspoons saying going to the pub is fine earlier on... wonder how much he's lobbied for this 'one last night' shite. So irresponsible, it's almost like the government want the NHS to be totally ****ed.

Edited by kila

1 minute ago, kila said:

Boris - "We are telling cafes, pubs, bars and restaurants to close tonight as soon as they reasonably can and not reopen tomorrow."

So they're allowed to be open tonight, but closed from tomorrow morning. Meaning we'll see massive amounts of people going out on the piss one last time.

We had the c *** that owns Wetherspoons saying going to the pub is fine earlier on... wonder how much he's lobbied for this 'one last night' shite. So irresponsible, it's almost like the government want the NHS to be totally ****ed.

i think it is more not wanting to throw people out of pubs and for trouble to ensue

Dagger Is Back

Tell you what, The Chancellor will be the next leader of the Torys and PM. 

I'm cautiously pleased by the response of the Government. Things must be bloody bad

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Paying folks wages. Backdating it too.

Makes Britannia hotels actions of sacking all their staff look even more of a disgrace.

And it's not just the hotel in Aviemore, they did the same in Blackpool as well.

Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

I'm cautiously pleased by the response of the Government. Things must be bloody bad

Indeed, he probably will. He has impressed me to be fair.

The Internet

Is rishi sunak getting a push to be next prime minister? Seems to be just put forward to deliver good news. 

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

considering how he was thrown in at the deep end with javid quitting he has done well

10 minutes ago, kila said:

Another 627 dead in Italy 😐 

Their total is now 4032...

i would like to see a geographical breakdown to compare the number in lombardy/northern italy region compared to the rest of italy. 

Priceless!!

Boris advises not to visit mothers on Sunday then says he hopes to see his.

Absolute roaster of a human being.

Edited by graygo

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Anyone else feel like the government thinks the end is nigh?

Giving away money like it doesn't matter.

Seems it's mostly still loans, Even the VAT relief is to be paid back by end of year (my interpretation, maybe im wrong?)

10 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

What a government.

:sweeet:

Paying folks wages. Backdating it too.

Missed the details of this? ITV guy just asked BJ but reply was vague. Is this actually going to materialise for folk at a tangible real cash to those who need it? Genuinely don't know, i missed the start. cheers

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Is rishi sunak getting a push to be next prime minister? Seems to be just put forward to deliver good news. 

not that its difficult but even he is streaks ahead of BJ

4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Seems it's mostly still loans, Even the VAT relief is to be paid back by end of year (my interpretation, maybe im wrong?)

Missed the details of this? ITV guy just asked BJ but reply was vague. Is this actually going to materialise for folk at a tangible real cash to those who need it? Genuinely don't know, i missed the start. cheers

Its goung to the employers who will squirrel it away to an off shore account. The workers are getting **** all 

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Priceless!!

Boris advises not to visit mothers on Sunday then says he hopes to see his.

Absolute roaster of a human being.

Let's be honest it was a stupid fecking question

Suso Santana

They've been a bit vague about shops shutting..

The place i work for will probably have to close if newsagents, scotmid, margiotta's and post offices have to close. 

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i would like to see a geographical breakdown to compare the number in lombardy/northern italy region compared to the rest of italy. 

I'd like to see a breakdown of the ages and any other underlying health issues these people had. Some of the languag being used by world 'leaders' is so emotive and it doesn't help. 

Everything they should have done two or three weeks ago.

Proper lockdowns.

Wage guarantees.

Universal credit expansion.

Shame it's waken so bloody long for reality to bite and for central government to act.

How many people have been infected that could have been prevented if they'd done all this in the first place?

How many people have already lost their jobs before these measures were put in place?

Edited by Cade

2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

They've been a bit vague about shops shutting..

The place i work for will probably have to close if newsagents, scotmid, margiotta's and post offices have to close. 

I can't see Scotmid or Co-ops shutting 

The Internet
6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

not that its difficult but even he is streaks ahead of BJ

Boris kind of looks like a weight has been lifted. Think he's only realised over the last 10 days how bad this could get and this is a bit of a milestone. 

(albeit one that should've been done a while ago) 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

absolutely not. they will be the closest thing to a local supermarket for many. stop folking trekking to the superstores

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Its goung to the employers who will squirrel it away to an off shore account. The workers are getting **** all 

Absolute nonsense and bollocks. I reckon this is a far better deal than most were expecting. Get over your own prejudices and admit this is something that no one, especially the Labour Party, could have bettered.

I would never have voted for Boris and was opposed to him taking power. You need to give him credit for this package because seeing a Tory government guarantee people's wages, albeit 80% , is simply astonishing. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I'd say that you will be right.

Supermarkets are all still open here, albeit with 'ticketed entry' and limits to how many folk can be in at the same time.

Takeaway food shops and home deliveries (pizza etc) are still all available.  I guess it'll be the same for the UK.

Carl Fredrickson
17 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I agree with you. I have a 4 and 9 year old and had a chat with both about the situation. I only see my kids at the weekend and I am a carer too for my mother who is in the at risk category. My kids say they understand that we need to reduce the risk of infection. Isnt easy when kids have been roaming about since Wednesday (they should have been at school). 

I would say that you are doing as advised and are totally justified in your stand. 

We will still play in the garden and go walks. We can still go drives in the car BUT the social interaction with other kids will be limited to video calls. This will have an effect on their social development but is a consequence of what we are facing. 

I have loads of arts and crafts stuff, toys for in the garden, a large amount of Lego, Super Mario Kart and on Tuesday Disney+ launches....

How long will they pay wages for? Just the 2 weeks for self isolation in a household? What if you don't get it in those 2 weeks and then subsequently get it when you venture back outside?

1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

absolutely not. they will be the closest thing to a local supermarket for many. stop folking trekking to the superstores

Correct.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic