Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

5 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

A slightly worrying (actually, utterly terrifying) report by some Red Tops of a 27 year old woman dying in Poland, who'd given birth a few days prior, with no previous health issues. Please, please let that just be an extremely unfortunate case. 

Pregnant women in the final stages are in the vulnerable category.There was a women in the UK rushed in last week with pneumonia symptoms that turned out to be Covid-19 and it got passed on to the child while giving birth.The child made a full recovery and mother and father both went into self isolation.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The narrative has change from nothing more than a slight cough for for most to there is no guarantee you will get mild symptoms.No idea if that's to hopefully just get the message across to self isolate but it's a lot harder message.

Edited by vegas-voss

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I've been watching the brilliant Ready, Steady, Go on BBC. 👍

I started reading that and before I read it all I thought **** sake Ready, Steady , Cook 😂

Did anyone hear Crus Packham on the radio last night saying that food will be in short supply soon as farmers can't self isolate and work in fields!!! Total scare mongering from the BBC.

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The narrative has change from nothing more than a slight cough for for most to there is no guarantee you will get mild symptoms.No idea if that's to hopefully just get the message across to self isolate but it's a lot harder message.

Probably just to get the youth to take it more seriously. The stats suggest nothing I have changed

A friend that works at M&S has told me that today's delivery lorry consisted of 9 cages full of mother's day flowers and cards and one cage of food.

I'm not sure M&S have quite the correct priorities.

:vrface:

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Germany seemingly not far off pushing the button.

If the reports are to be believed I think they've made an absolute erse of it. Wouldn't believe their figures

24 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Showing health workers talking about people dying. Pictures from Italy. Relatives talking about how their loved ones died. Including that they didn't get treated because there wasn't enough ventilators. Won't get through to a lot of people till then.

We hope it won't get like Italy here but seems most likely it will. 2 or 3 weeks away. Will get through then. 

The government simply wont be able to avoid the subject of total lockdowns.    Not a political point,   just a fact,   so far the evidence suggests they have often been a week or so behind each window of opportunity and the internal disagreements don't help quick,  decisive management.

There will have to be lockdowns.   Even if it's rotational by region and short in duration.    Rotate it all around in two week stints.    Injects delay.    Allows businesses to remain open.    Begins to get a message out that people begin to understand.

Like every other stage,   the data will force them to act.    Not the science.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Showing health workers talking about people dying. Pictures from Italy. Relatives talking about how their loved ones died. Including that they didn't get treated because there wasn't enough ventilators. Won't get through to a lot of people till then.

We hope it won't get like Italy here but seems most likely it will. 2 or 3 weeks away. Will get through then. 

Maybe we should have went full scare mode and shown that report from Bergamo at prime time on repeat. 

Might have shaken a few into actually listening..

2 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Maybe we should have went full scare mode and shown that report from Bergamo at prime time on repeat. 

Might have shaken a few into actually listening..

I do have an issue with Boris Johnson and the Government's approach. His own Dad said we was going to ignore the advice. I think he should have been more direct in saying 'we must prevent deaths' rather than saying 'we're trying to manage the pressure on the NHS'. 

But to be fair they are also managing how people react. Trying to prepare people. Every announcement has been given advance notice. Advised by psychologists / behaviour experts as well as health people.

Bikers seem to be another group who are immune to what's going on, dozens of them on bikes standing around two burger/tea vans we passed going to the shops this morning, most were 50+.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I do have an issue with Boris Johnson and the Government's approach. His own Dad said we was going to ignore the advice. I think he should have been more direct in saying 'we must prevent deaths' rather than saying 'we're trying to manage the pressure on the NHS'. 

But to be fair they are also managing how people react. Trying to prepare people. Every announcement has been given advance notice. Advised by psychologists / behaviour experts as well as health people.

It was all too woolly, vague . 

I feel if he'd went full in it might have concentrated minds better sooner. 

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Bikers seem to be another group who are immune to what's going on, dozens of them on bikes standing around two burger/tea vans we passed going to the shops this morning, most were 50+.

They're not going to catch or pass anything on riding a bike, maybe your target should be the burger van.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

They're not going to catch or pass anything on riding a bike, maybe your target should be the burger van.

What, you think they drive past the van and grab a burger and a cup of tea at 70mph  or do you think they were standing around in groups as my post stated.

8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Bunch of helmets

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What, you think they drive past the van and grab a burger and a cup of tea at 70mph  or do you think they were standing around in groups as my post stated.

My point was that if the burger van wasn't open they wouldn't be there, standing in groups or otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Clarty leathers and honking of patchouli oil is a great defence against it 🤘

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Not Scotland, nobody lives past 70 up here, so we're fine. :D

You'll live to be 100 ... you're too stubborn to leave. :tongue:

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

My point was that if the burger van wasn't open they wouldn't be there, standing in groups or otherwise.

No, you said they wouldn't pass on anything while riding thier bikes, my post clearly stated that they were standing about in groups, its up to them if they stop, buy cups of tea and rolls and next to each other clearly putting themselves and others at risk.

I've had my eye on the medical oxygen situation for a while.    It was likely to be raised at some point.    If there's stress on that already then... well.   

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What does that mean?

Bavaria now like Italy and Spain only out for shopping and essential workers.Permits needed 

Edited by vegas-voss

12 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Clarty leathers and honking of patchouli oil is a great defence against it 🤘

The thing is, they all seen to be clean cut 50 to 60+ men with immaculately clean "leathers", no beards, patches or Motorhead t shirts, you'd think they'd know better.

Edited by Dawnrazor

Union Berlin FC piece on BBC Football Focus just there.

Brought the fans all together on the pitch. Like it was a brilliant thing to do. 

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

No, you said they wouldn't pass on anything while riding thier bikes, my post clearly stated that they were standing about in groups, its up to them if they stop, buy cups of tea and rolls and next to each other clearly putting themselves and others at risk.

I know what my point was thanks, they won't pass on anything while riding their bikes and they wouldn't stop at a burger van if it was shut.

Really not worth the argument, there's far more deserving cases on here today 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I know what my point was thanks, they won't pass on anything while riding their bikes and they wouldn't stop at a burger van if it was shut.

Really not worth the argument, there's far more deserving cases on here today 

You really don't know what you poont was at all thanks👍 or at the very least you've articulated it like a 5 year old.

Edited by Dawnrazor

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You really don't know what you poont was at all thanks👍 or at the very least you've articulated it like a 5 year old.

Whatever.

16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

New York has said without federal help they will run out of medical supplies in the next few weeks.

Did you see Trump go mental yesterday when asked a negative (it wasn't even that bad a question) question? He well and truly is pulling the wool over his eyes

13 minutes ago, weehammy said:

He was advised not to.

He was given different advice and he picked the one that he wanted.

Not saying it's not a difficult balance but he went against what seems like the rest of the world were doing.

His choice. He'll have to live with that but make no mistake he chose  the wrong advice for days and it could cost us dearly in lives.

Just now, Jeff said:

Did you see Trump go mental yesterday when asked a negative (it wasn't even that bad a question) question? He well and truly is pulling the wool over his eyes

He ain't fooling anyone though as governors and mayor's are telling their people straight.Then Trump portrays to the world something completely different.He does it in press conferences all the time when he does not like a question calls them nasty and a bad reporter.

15 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I got his point. There's no risk to being out riding your bike as a group as long as they don't all stop and congregate which wouldn't happen if the burger van was shut. These ones sound like irresponsible dicks but it's not fair to attack 'bikers' when done responsibly there is no risk in relation to coronavirus.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I got his point. There's no risk to being out riding your bike as a group as long as they don't all stop and congregate which wouldn't happen if the burger van was shut. These ones sound like irresponsible dicks but it's not fair to attack 'bikers' when done responsibly there is no risk in relation to coronavirus.

Pish!! They should have the intelligence NOT to stop and mix in groups like they were, it's not as if there's been nothing about it in the news ffs.

Yon hotel in Aviemore that fired and evicted 12 people has blamed an "admin error" for the sackings;

:cornette:

3124.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=form

Some admin error there, likes.

Spokesperson for the hotel was not able to say if the staff would be re-hired or not.

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Pish!! They should have the intelligence NOT to stop and mix in groups like they were, it's not as if there's been nothing about it in the news ffs.

Didn't say they shouldn't, hence saying they were irresponsible dicks. The only thing that's 'pish!!' is you saying bikers as a group seem immune to this based on your massive sample of 12...it applies to any group of people standing in a group eating food which isn't exclusive to bikers.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Yon hotel in Aviemore that fired and evicted 12 people has blamed an "admin error" for the sackings;

Spokesperson for the hotel was not able to say if the staff would be re-hired or not.

the admin error i dont think is the sacking but them having to vacate the hotel as some stayed there

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

They've had some horrendous publicity over this, rightly so. I felt sorry for the wee guy they sent out ti speak to the press yesterday, he looked about 14.

46 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The thing is, they all seen to be clean cut 50 to 60+ men with immaculately clean "leathers", no beards, patches or Motorhead t shirts, you'd think they'd know better.

Therefore not bikers. Mid-life crisis, Ducati owning, 'motorcycle enthusiasts' 🙄. Probably don't even know who Ogri is.

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Another hotel has taken them in. Acted quickly.

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Right, maybe I've not had enough sugar. But tell me, given the current restrictions and closures in place, despite the good intentions...how is this is going to work?  From a public health standpoint? Unless I'm reading it wrongly.

20200321_131240.jpg

Good for them. Great effort. Wonder how they’re going to manage it and keep them all apart from one another. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

That's what I'm meaning. How do they get around the restrictions currently for groups gathering where food is being served, amongst other things? 

It's a good initiative, don't get me wrong. 

Maybe just make them queue a couple of metres apart and give them takeout boxes. Hope they’ve thought it through though. Be awful to hear of it spreading among vulnerable people. 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good for them. Great effort. Wonder how they’re going to manage it and keep them all apart from one another. 

6ea5c53b6148f4eda9f8bd8465dc0ee4efb9e511.jpg

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic