Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe we should all be heavily fined if we leave the street we live in, don't want to be spreading it about. Or the village or town we live in. Or the county. Or the country. Or the continent. Why should the line be drawn at whatever health board we live in? 

I’m talking about moving between regions though, not streets .  I’d think it’s obvious why there is a difference between the 2 to be honest.

I was really replying to Nucky though.

regardless , if folk move between regions for the sake of a few pints then we all suffer because they will shut it all down because of it

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, OBE said:

So, all of a sudden, the figures are now to be believed?

Why all of a sudden?

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

He might have bored a few to death with his chronic patter though. 😟

Hiya Weakened.

Hiya pal. :) 🖐

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m talking about moving between regions though, not streets .  I’d think it’s obvious why there is a difference between the 2 to be honest.

regardless , if folk move between regions for the sake of a few pints then we all suffer because they will shut it all down because of it

It was more than a few pints tbf.

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Is the regions tier thing, in practice, a wee bit ridiculous and silly. 

They certainly have it under control in Australia by the looks of it, Rugby on tv at the moment and full stadium with no masks to be seen. 

19 minutes ago, steve123 said:

They certainly have it under control in Australia by the looks of it, Rugby on tv at the moment and full stadium with no masks to be seen. 

The benefits of being island. Wait...

36 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

According to the Times, the government advertisement campaign for a COVID vaccine will admit/state it’s not 100% safe.

Great news for a disease with a mortality rate of 0.3%. Albeit my view of that vaccine would probably change if I was over 65. 

From the Times article

"A campaign to encourage people to have a Covid-19 vaccination will acknowledge that the jab is not 100 per cent safe under an honesty-first approach designed to win over waverers.

Barely half of Britons say that they will definitely be vaccinated against coronavirus, and plans being developed in government aim to acknowledge concerns to ensure the undecided are not swayed by antivax propaganda."

So the government is going to negate any antivax propaganda suggesting the vaccine may be unsafe by admitting it will be unsafe!  Good plan.

I'm well over 65 but I think I'll let the politicians, scientists and medics into the line in front of me.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Why all of a sudden?

I'm sorry, please accept my apologies, Mr Ron Bacardi, Johnnie Walker & Jack Daniels had the helm last night, I slavered some pish, again, but strangely, I feel a vent has been released, not so much on here but generally...:peace:

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, OBE said:

I'm sorry, please accept my apologies, Mr Ron Bacardi, Johnnie Walker & Jack Daniels had the helm last night, I slavered some pish, again, but strangely, I feel a vent has been released, not so much on here but generally...:peace:

No need to apologise but it's apreciated anyway. 👍

Glad you're feeling on the up. :)

9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

You make it sound like a train full of zombie-like infected people are going to descend on a single place in the borders. That's not reality. But even if a train full of people decided to head to Galashiels for the day it still wouldn't be as extreme as you're making out.

Around 70k people have tested positive since the start of the pandemic in the whole of Scotland, how many are infected now? Let's be generous to your argument and say 20k. That's less than 0.5% of the population. Now if there is 200 people on that train it is reasonable to expect 0.5% of them to be infected, that equates to 1 person. Our r0 rate is hovering around 1 just now so that 1 person will infect 1 other person.

Can you explain why "we will all suffer" because a few folk decide to move between regions for a few pints?

It's scaremongering nonsense.

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, graygo said:

You make it sound like a train full of zombie-like infected people are going to descend on a single place in the borders. That's not reality. But even if a train full of people decided to head to Galashiels for the day it still wouldn't be as extreme as you're making out.

Around 70k people have tested positive since the start of the pandemic in the whole of Scotland, how many are infected now? Let's be generous to your argument and say 20k. That's less than 0.5% of the population. Now if there is 200 people on that train it is reasonable to expect 0.5% of them to be infected, that equates to 1 person. Our r0 rate is hovering around 1 just now so that 1 person will infect 1 other person.

Can you explain why "we will all suffer" because a few folk decide to move between regions for a few pints?

It's scaremongering nonsense.

I know a few women who’ve caught it recently (all friends who work together)I text one of their husbands last night to ask if everyone ok. Neither him nor her daughter have caught it from her and she was into her 2nd bottle of wine too for the night. 
What a crazy, infectious killer disease this is. 
edit - my sister who had been round doing her hair last week had to test, has tested negative but still has to isolate for 14 days. Wtf is this shit. 

Edited by jack D and coke

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I know a few women who’ve caught it recently (all friends who work together)I text one of their husbands last night to ask if everyone ok. Neither him nor her daughter have caught it from her and she was into her 2nd bottle of wine too for the night. 

You had me till you mentioned the wine, no chance mate. The virus targets folk having an alcoholic drink.

Edit: sorry I misread that, obviously the husband wasn't drinking the wine. Lucky for him.

Edited by graygo

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

You had me till you mentioned the wine, no chance mate. The virus targets folk having an alcoholic drink.

That no just in pubs after 10? Or 6pm now?

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think your right, wait till it mutates and all off sales are banned though.

It's for our own good.

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

edit - my sister who had been round doing her hair last week had to test, has tested negative but still has to isolate for 14 days. Wtf is this shit. 

If I took a wild guess I'd plump for 'They don't really trust the testing'.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think your right, wait till it mutates and all off sales are banned though.

It's for our own good.

:lol: but 😱😰

6 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

I think that’s what you call bullseye. It’s a load of shite imo. False positives all over the place. They have no idea who has it and who hasn’t. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

It is that but who's to say the original test was accurate?

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, graygo said:

It is that but who's to say the original test was accurate?

It’s a farce. But now the minks are gonna kill us all. **** sake man :lol: 

12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Coconut Doug trying to convince everyone that he's not an SNP supporter, as to make his biased view more credible :rofl:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's Murrell or Blackford in real life

You don't have to be an SNP supporter to be an Indy supporter. Many Indy supporters on here don't like the SNP and i am much more inclined to their way of thinking nowadays actually i've never liked most of them.  I do defend the SNP a lot but that's just mainly because those who attack their policies and performance do so from a position of ignorance, the parameters for the covid protection tier system being the latest.

There is also the issue of who are the political alternatives. There are none in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK.

I'm not posturing to make my arguments more credible why should i, almost every discussion i have on here ends in some Tory type firing off an insult and then running away.

None of this changes the fact that Nicola is easily the most capable and effective politician in the UK and the current PM the worst ever. The fact that this still causes unionists to be apoplectic remains a source of considerable amusement. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

It’s a farce. But now the minks are gonna kill us all. **** sake man :lol: 

The mink story is a precursor to the cats and dogs story. (only half joking btw)

jack D and coke
Just now, graygo said:

The mink story is a precursor to the cats and dogs story. (only half joking btw)

They’ll need to find another way. That’s funny but not funny. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Can you imagine!  :wow:  It'd be utter carnage; govt ministers actually strung up from lamp posts should it evry come to a British pets cull.

10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You don't have to be an SNP supporter to be an Indy supporter. Many Indy supporters on here don't like the SNP and i am much more inclined to their way of thinking nowadays actually i've never liked most of them.  I do defend the SNP a lot but that's just mainly because those who attack their policies and performance do so from a position of ignorance, the parameters for the covid protection tier system being the latest.

There is also the issue of who are the political alternatives. There are none in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK.

I'm not posturing to make my arguments more credible why should i, almost every discussion i have on here ends in some Tory type firing off an insult and then running away.

None of this changes the fact that Nicola is easily the most capable and effective politician in the UK and the current PM the worst ever. The fact that this still causes unionists to be apoplectic remains a source of considerable amusement. 

Here was me thinking we are a tiny country with not one but two governments helping us with the coronavirus crisis yet we are still managing to make an utter arse of it. This tier system being the latest stupid policy. Letting all the students go back to uni and allowing folk in old people’s homes to both spread the virus and die being two other examples. 

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Can you imagine!  :wow:  It'd be utter carnage; govt ministers actually strung up from lamp posts should it evry come to a British pets cull.

You've got to wonder why minks? only minks? 🥺

37 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aahh but not if you're having a main meal. A pack of dry roasted and you're doomed, but as long as you've got a square meal in front of you you'll be fine. All well thought out stuff!

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aahh but not if you're having a main meal. A pack of dry roasted and you're doomed, but as long as you've got a square meal in front of you you'll be fine. All well thought out stuff!

I'm just glad that our scientific advisors have got a handle on this and that our governments are listening to them.

Just now, weehammy said:

Not a trace of overstatement there.

Why not give it the full ‘Donald’ and just say that Nicola is the greatest politician and Johnson the worst,

’IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!’

Currently in the  UK who is better than Nicola and who is worse than Johnson?

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Here was me thinking we are a tiny country with not one but two governments helping us with the coronavirus crisis yet we are still managing to make an utter arse of it. This tier system being the latest stupid policy. Letting all the students go back to uni and allowing folk in old people’s homes to both spread the virus and die being two other examples. 

... and don't forget that old folks have cats and dogs, and probably minks (well, the coat variety) too. 

13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But when was the last time you were up on the table belting out 'Gold' after a square meal!  Aye, thought so.

Francis Albert

For those who  think Edinburgh is being unfairly treated, in 5 London boroughs, including mine, rates of infection (already low) fell by between 20% and 30% in the last week of October. Yet we are locked down for a month. If rates continue to fall we will of course be told the restrictions are working. If the trend is reversed it will be proof that the restrictions are needed.

I understand the concern in London and in the Central Belt of Scotland about people moving between high infection areas and low. But I need proof of residence to access many services in my borough. In low infection areas wouldn't proof of residence (eg a utility bill)  be easier to police in pubs, restaurants etc than many of the convoluted and ever changing rules we have seen in the last few months?

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

For those who  think Edinburgh is being unfairly treated, in 5 London boroughs, including mine, rates of infection (already low) fell by between 20% and 30% in the last week of October. Yet we are locked down for a month. If rates continue to fall we will of course be told the restrictions are working. If the trend is reversed it will be proof that the restrictions are needed.

I understand the concern in London and in the Central Belt of Scotland about people moving between high infection areas and low. But I need proof of residence to access many services in my borough. In low infection areas wouldn't proof of residence (eg a utility bill)  be easier to police in pubs, restaurants etc than many of the convoluted and ever changing rules we have seen in the last few months?

Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you lived in Cornwall.

Seymour M Hersh
37 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Define the criteria or maybe just stop making ignorant generalisations followed by stupid questions.

:wave1:

BJ has detractors in his own party Sturgeon doesn't have a dissenting voice or even a nervous clearing of the throat from anywhere in her party (even though we know several hundred thousand anonymously voted to leave the EU) so she must be the best. Oh and did she not boast she answered more questions about CoVid than any other "world" leader? Surely that means she's the best ever!! :lol:

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Margaret Ferrier is probably the worst politician, she seems to embody everything that is wrong with politicians. 

Bojo whether you like him or not, or agree with his politics, is objectively a very good politician. He’s got to be PM, won Brexit ref and won an election by a landslide. That doesn’t happen via being a bad politician.

Now you may question his politics and even his leadership competency, something which are fair for criticism. It’s hard to deny he’s a good politician.

Personally, I'm a long way removed from thinking that being a good politician is a good thing. Not that that's what you're suggesting.

1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

... and don't forget that old folks have cats and dogs, and probably minks (well, the coat variety) too. 

But when was the last time you were up on the table belting out 'Gold' after a square meal!  Aye, thought so.

Meal or no meal, after 3 pints and a sniff of the barmaid's apron, I'm up there givin' it a blast of Iron Maiden's "2 minutes to Midnight ".  The 2020 Sturgeon re-mix "2 minutes to 6pm and you'll have had your Tea" doesn't quite cut it!!

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Yes remember the story of the tiger who got Covid ? That scared a few . Think in next few weeks the media will resort to their trusted old scare tactic “ long covid “ , that’s went very quiet lately 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Another excellent post. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

BJ has detractors in his own party Sturgeon doesn't have a dissenting voice or even a nervous clearing of the throat from anywhere in her party 

You obviously haven't read much on the SNP thread you were posting on earlier as according to the emptyheads on there its a party split in two. 😊

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

You obviously haven't read much on the SNP thread you were posting on earlier as according to the emptyheads on there its a party split in two. 😊

There is talk of a Salmondistas V Sturgeonettas battle for supremacy approaching but where do you see quotes from their MSPs in the press or dissenting voices?  

Scottish numbers: 7 November 2020

Summary

• 1,596 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+524]
  • 39 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+8]
  • 106 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+8]
  • 1,245 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+8]
  • 29,644 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.3% of these were positive [+0.8%]

Just now, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 7 November 2020

Summary

• 1,596 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+524]
  • 39 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+8]
  • 106 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+8]
  • 1,245 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+8]
  • 29,644 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.3% of these were positive [+0.8%]

So much for the "good signs". ☹️

Weakened Offender
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

There is talk of a Salmondistas V Sturgeonettas battle for supremacy approaching but where do you see quotes from their MSPs in the press or dissenting voices?  

Talk of. 😁

Weakened Offender
Just now, weehammy said:

You and Doug should go camping holidays together once COVID allows. Go somewhere quiet away from all of us ‘simpletons’ and ‘emptyheads’.

I don't like camping. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Talk of. 😁

Oh I think there will be one. But for now it's under the radar.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic