• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Everything west of the Calder Junction is a Weegie as far as I'm concerned.

Ratho for me.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Why is that Red ? 

Its case rate has been consistently higher than the other Lothian council areas, high enough to be included in Level 3. If the council districts are all treated as properly distinct entities, then that won't affect e.g. the City's level. However, if the decision involves taking into consideration likely work-related and other movement between neighbouring council areas, then the very fact that West Lothian is experiencing more cases may be used as a rationale for maintaining all the Lothian areas in level 3. Of course there are other factors involved, but it remains to be seen whether all council areas will be treated independently or not.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Then the continued drop should see the review brought forward. Her measures, designed to save lives, are costing them.

And we need to drop this ridiculous alcohol ruling. Pubs and restaurants are open or they're not. It's crazy.  If they're open, they should be able to serve alcohol until 10pm at least, with a 10.30pm exit.  The Scottish Gov now want to control what we sing, say, think, eat and drink, when we can leave the house and where we can drive to. I thought the Berlin wall had been knocked down??

adambraejambo
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Everything west of the Calder Junction is a Weegie as far as I'm concerned.

When I lived in Edinburgh everything west of Kirknewton was bandit country.  Now i in Livi i can confirm i was right. 

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Its case rate has been consistently higher than the other Lothian council areas, high enough to be included in Level 3. If the council districts are all treated as properly distinct entities, then that won't affect e.g. the City's level. However, if the decision involves taking into consideration likely work-related and other movement between neighbouring council areas, then the very fact that West Lothian is experiencing more cases may be used as a rationale for maintaining all the Lothian areas in level 3. Of course there are other factors involved, but it remains to be seen whether all council areas will be treated independently or not.

Thanks for that explaination 

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And we need to drop this ridiculous alcohol ruling. Pubs and restaurants are open or they're not. It's crazy.  If they're open, they should be able to serve alcohol until 10pm at least, with a 10.30pm exit.  The Scottish Gov now want to control what we sing, say, think, eat and drink, when we can leave the house and where we can drive to. I thought the Berlin wall had been knocked down??

Very true enzo 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

When I lived in Edinburgh everything west of Kirknewton was bandit country.  Now i in Livi i can confirm i was right. 

:D

18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why have the tier system if they don’t use it accurately ? Therefore Edinburgh and Lothian should surely move to tier 2 next week ? Or his long does a decrease have to be evidenced for ? No doubt the parameters for that will change again next week 

I certainly hope this will happen if cases continue to drop in Edinburgh over the weekend.

That little rise in cases that we saw midweek before dipping again may throw a spanner in the works though. Since we're still at a very early stage of the tier system I wouldn't be overly surprised by a "keep everything as it is across the board for another week just to see how the dust settles" announcement.

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

For almost eight months the government have tried to control who can enter our own homes. That in itself should be setting off far more alarm bells than it appears to be doing among the general population.

Not when you realise that they are only doing this because we are in the midst of a global pandemic.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Nothing much will happen next week...already the ground is being prepared for little or no change to levels

FM @NicolaSturgeon indicates that ahead of Tuesday's review of levels the consideration for restrictions is not just about stabilising the levels of infection but about driving down infection levels

The old backstop position will be used telling us 'its for your own good' and 'just in case' so justification can be made for no change......I am not overly against that position but don't need the information skewed just to suit one side of an argument.....that attitude is causing much of the angst instead of just some straight forward factual talking....we are not Americans and can handle the truth in most cases.

If they had wanted to drive the numbers down then they should have hit the hardest-hit areas the hardest, with Tier 4 restrictions.  Everybody and their dog knew which regions should have received that treatment. 

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

If they had wanted to drive the numbers down then they should have hit the hardest-hit areas the hardest, with Tier 4 restrictions.  Everybody and their dog knew which regions should have received that treatment. 

:spoton:

15 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

A very good point.

Just now, jonesy said:

I mean, compliance-wise. Most sane folk are making decisions for themselves now, as the governments clearly can't manage the situation. Whether that be shielding, meeting, or whatever, there's a groundswell of independent action that flies in the face of Johnson's incompetence and Sturgeon's purgin'.

Selfish, not sane.

Right wtf is going on ? On channel 4 news just now they were speaking to a 106 yo who has survived the “ deadly” virus ? 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Right wtf is going on ? On channel 4 news just now they were speaking to a 106 yo who has survived the “ deadly” virus ? 

Think there has been a few older folk survived the virus, possibly very good immune systems,

and no underlying health conditions, very good to see this .

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Think there has been a few older folk survived the virus, possibly very good immune systems,

and no underlying health conditions, very good to see this .

Yes he looked no bad as you would of. 106 years old . Good on him .

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

For almost eight months the government have tried to control who can enter our own homes. That in itself should be setting off far more alarm bells than it appears to be doing among the general population.

Compliance? It's the second dictionary entry that I find concerning. Where do we go from here? Governments can identify 'justifiable' threats and impose pretty much any measures they wish. Given half a chance, almost any politicians can and will become a tyrant. It's being played out in front of our very eyes.

The problem isJonesy that, having got a taste for population control measures, governments are not going to want to relinquish that power.  

I think that Johnson's handling of  the pandemic has been  abysmal and he has allowed himself to be held hostage by flawed and false scientific modelling. However, you can observe how uncomfortable he feels imposing such draconian measures. Sturgeon, on the other hand, appears to thrive on it. That, to me, is dangerous. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

If covid miraculously disappears tomorrow I’m assuming we won’t be going back to normal anyway

im assuming all these measures will be equally effective against the spread of flu and the viruses which lead to pneumonia so it’s very obvious that we wouldn’t just let those 10s of thousands of people die just so we can have a pint and a Christmas party

all respiratory deaths matter - it’s over -  physical distancing face masks etc are here to stay - there no way people can just be allowed to die not this year not next year not last year (well maybe last year)

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

If covid miraculously disappears tomorrow I’m assuming we won’t be going back to normal anyway

im assuming all these measures will be equally effective against the spread of flu and the viruses which lead to pneumonia so it’s very obvious that we wouldn’t just let those 10s of thousands of people die just so we can have a pint and a Christmas party

all respiratory deaths matter - it’s over -  physical distancing face masks etc are here to stay - there no way people can just be allowed to die not this year not next year not last year (well maybe last year)

Good points MMM. Where are we going with this?  Saving lives or saving existences? And by doing so, costing more lives and stopping the majority living. Not sustainable, nor desirable imo. The lockdown in England just now will be the last. We're past the tipping point, the photo of the packed tube on the Jubilee line indicates that people are carrying on as normal. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Alas common sense seems in short supply at moment. 

Very nice. Hope you managed to get a couple of shandies👍

Hope everything’s going well, no2 a better sleeper?

It was great, thanks.

There's obviously a huge difference between a couple with young kids looking for a few days away somewhere semi-remote and a team of lads lads lads looking to skip dodge and get mad for it on the sesh (and every scenario that falls inbetween). I can appreciate the SG's more-or-less blanket approach though, as nuance would be incredibly difficult to legislate for. 

No2 is a wee sleeper so far, which is just as well an No1 is reaching peak arsehole toddler.

23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

governments are not going to want to relinquish that power.  

They won’t be in power for long if they go down that road. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Good points MMM. Where are we going with this?  Saving lives or saving existences? And by doing so, costing more lives and stopping the majority living. Not sustainable, nor desirable imo. The lockdown in England just now will be the last. We're past the tipping point, the photo of the packed tube on the Jubilee line indicates that people are carrying on as normal. 

I’ll be raging if I’m one of the 20000 who dies of flu next winter and wee Burnie or boris has allowed the population to run amok without physical distancing and face masks not to mention not getting their condolences on the telly

all these measures need to stay in place surely - many of these infectious disease related deaths are preventable and so we should continue to prevent them irrespective of the threat or otherwise of covid

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I’ll be raging if I’m one of the 20000 who dies of flu next winter and wee Burnie or boris has allowed the population to run amok without physical distancing and face masks not to mention not getting their condolences on the telly

all these measures need to stay in place surely - many of these infectious disease related deaths are preventable and so we should continue to prevent them irrespective of the threat or otherwise of covid

:vrface:

WoolfordsHearts
3 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

Adambrae in Dedridge is rough to be fair.

11 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, it simply isn't a case of "handing over medicine", especially when it comes to controlled drugs, and not everything is in tablet form either a lot of medication is administered via injection or a drip.

Not only can nurses lose their job if they get things wrong, they can get a criminal record and even go to jail, so there can be a lot at stake, notwithstanding patients lives.

It's not the worst idea in the world to have unskilled labour to help out here and there, but I'm not sure just what they legally would be able to do or indeed be covered for insurance wise either.  Then there is the thorny question of data protection, as on a ward there is sensitive personal information about patients and not all of it is on a computer, there is still a lot of paper files around.

In essence they’d be doing part of band 2 CSW roles (who do a marvellous job btw). It would be manual handling, personal care etc. A job that isn’t for everyone, proven by the number of vacancies out there. 

They would certainly need to go through the disclosure process.
Then there’s the element of paying them fairly. They’d be doing less than the typical CSW/NA (at least initially) so can’t really justify paying the same. They’d probably be better off increasing band 2 pay in the hope of encouraging more into the workforce. 

Weakened Offender
56 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The problem isJonesy that, having got a taste for population control measures, governments are not going to want to relinquish that power.  

I think that Johnson's handling of  the pandemic has been  abysmal and he has allowed himself to be held hostage by flawed and false scientific modelling. However, you can observe how uncomfortable he feels imposing such draconian measures. Sturgeon, on the other hand, appears to thrive on it. That, to me, is dangerous. 

He's not comfortable imposing restrictions because he doesn't care if people die. 

But you knew that anyway because neither do you. 😊

19 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Yeah, we should also ban cars, alcohol, physical activity,  cigarettes etc. Not safe. Drugs can be legalised because, hey, that's "cool" and "progressive ". Everyone should be kept safe and warm at home, by law when the pavements are icy, and the government should extend furlough for another 100 years. **** the future generations who will pay for it.

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's not comfortable imposing restrictions because he doesn't care if people die. 

But you knew that anyway because neither do you. 😊

Back he comes like a punch drunk boxer🤣. I agree, people shouldn't die. Can we find a cure maybe? Or just ban it?

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Back he comes like a punch drunk boxer🤣.

:lol:

16 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Drowned my pet mink Igor in the bath immediately after reading that :shockio:

:lol:

Nucky Thompson

Coconut Doug trying to convince everyone that he's not an SNP supporter, as to make his biased view more credible :rofl:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's Murrell or Blackford in real life

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Coconut Doug trying to convince everyone that he's not an SNP supporter, as to make his biased view more credible :rofl:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's Murrell or Blackford in real life

Aah but which Murrell? Mr or Mrs?

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aah but which Murrell? Mr or Mrs?

Depends what high heels they're wearing 

5 hours ago, graygo said:

Borders and Fife going up because of pub tourists?

Perth as well, that'll be down to the Governor 😄

yep. I know of folk in Dundee and Edinburgh who are booked into pubs in The Borders tonight and tomorrow. It’s why the Borders won’t go to tier 1 because of selfish folk like that using the trains. 
she’s looking at making travel restrictions law and so she should but they’ll never be policed. Only when there is the inevitable outbreak will there be investigations into who’s been and spread, then hopefully heavy fines. Do these people not realise they are going to cause jobs and businesses go to the wall as well as the health implications 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

yep. I know of folk in Dundee and Edinburgh who are booked into pubs in The Borders tonight and tomorrow. It’s why the Borders won’t go to tier 1 because of selfish folk like that using the trains. 
she’s looking at making travel restrictions law and so she should but they’ll never be policed. Only when there is the inevitable outbreak will there be investigations into who’s been and spread, then hopefully heavy fines. Do these people not realise they are going to cause jobs and businesses go to the wall as well as the health implications 

A couple of folk going to the borders to drink in covid secure pubs aren't going to cause jobs and businesses going to the wall FFS

Get a grip

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well this could be a bit of a worry, maybe.

Seems that Covid has jumped back to humans from infected mink, and it's mutated.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-should-we-worry-about-the-mutation-of-covid-in-danish-mink-12125643

Doubly annoying when it's bloody mink - UK banned mink farms long ago on animal welfare/rights  grounds.   The EU on the other hand did nothing.... just left it up to each member state.    Denmark & Poland apparently have loads of big mink farms, and demand for mink fur is growing.    Absurd contradictions and irony - outrage at the fur trade on one hand, but happy to make money from it on the other.    And now some Danish animals are carriers of a mutated (or different) Covid - hopefully that's enough to dampen the demand.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Doubly annoying when it's bloody mink - UK banned mink farms long ago on animal welfare/rights  grounds.   The EU on the other hand did nothing.... just left it up to each member state.    Denmark & Poland apparently have loads of big mink farms, and demand for mink fur is growing.    Absurd contradictions and irony - outrage at the fur trade on one hand, but happy to make money from it on the other.    And now some Danish animals are carriers of a mutated (or different) Covid - hopefully that's enough to dampen the demand.

Not enough Minks or Tinks getting euthanized imo

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've no idea if the travellers from the west will be contagious, but the figures would indicate they are several times more likely to be than someone from Edinburgh, which has a seven day average comparable with the area recently travelled to.

So, all of a sudden, the figures are now to be believed?

37 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A couple of folk going to the borders to drink in covid secure pubs aren't going to cause jobs and businesses going to the wall FFS

Get a grip

Oh really ? So if they have covid they are travelling on trains, staying overnight with others and in social areas. So Einstein  , if it spreads then the tier goes up, lockdown maybe ensues (and I’m thinking there’s more than a few doing this by the way) , and that means businesses can’t open and in some cases jobs are lost. 
Its not rocket science so get a grip yourself ffs.  
but obviously is rocket science to you 

Edited by 1971fozzy

58 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I was being sarcastic. Far too soon for folk like the governor to be having any affect on the case numbers in these places 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I was being sarcastic. Far too soon for folk like the governor to be having any affect on the case numbers in these places 

He might have bored a few to death with his chronic patter though. 😟

18 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Oh really ? So if they have covid they are travelling on trains, staying overnight with others and in social areas. So Einstein  , if it spreads then the tier goes up, lockdown maybe ensues (and I’m thinking there’s more than a few doing this by the way) , and that means businesses can’t open and in some cases jobs are lost. 
Its not rocket science so get a grip yourself ffs.  
but obviously is rocket science to you 

Maybe we should all be heavily fined if we leave the street we live in, don't want to be spreading it about. Or the village or town we live in. Or the county. Or the country. Or the continent. Why should the line be drawn at whatever health board we live in? 

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

He might have bored a few to death with his chronic patter though. 😟

Ouch.

If it's chronic patter you're after read my post above this one.  😄

Edited by graygo

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic