Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Out of interest mate, do you work in a related field to the vaccine development? Just asking as seen you mention a few times about it being available soon etc. Wasn’t sure if you have “inside knowledge” or just being optimistic?

Tbf it's been reported in the press over the last few days. Leaked emails from a NHS England Trust telling staff to prepare for a roll out from early Dec. 

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Listen pal, if you want to get the violins oot because someone you don't know has posted on JKB that they're meeting up with 5 pals to get leathered and watch Hearts play Hibs in the semi final of the Scottish Cup because they've got mental health problems then crack 

I'm out of this discussion.  It's getting unsavoury.  You're the one that knows the guy so who am to say you are wrong? 

Edited by Auldbenches

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Listen pal, if you want to get the violins oot because someone you don't know has posted on JKB that they're meeting up with 5 pals to get leathered and watch Hearts play Hibs in the semi final of the Scottish Cup because they've got mental health problems then crack on. 

He was cracking on till you put your size nines in and backed a hibs troll. 

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

The tiers do appear to be very strict.  Looks like they're going very hard on hospitality and the same arguments will be offered regarding how much spread is going on in hospitality settings.  It should be remembered that hospitality is being singled out because it's really the only area that they can exert control over and police it.  It's the one controllable area.  It's pretty brutal but it's not hard to see why it's being targeted.  

Looks mum & dad for going for a bevvy any time soon.

Hospitality has been shut for nearly three weeks and the numbers are going up. That in itself makes it rather hard to understand why its being targeted. 

What was sold as a 2 week restriction to get control is now looking like an indeterminate closure of a business sector that was never the source of mass infection to begin with. 

Scot Gov don't provide outbreak/case numbers by setting (as PHE do weekly), I suspect the numbers don't fit the preferred narrative of the government. 

The 5 tier system, meant to provide flexibility to tackle local outbreaks is effectively now a two tier system of locked down or locked down harder and its not even launched yet. 

The lack of a plan and the irrational reactionary measures being meted out points to a group not in control. 

Just now, weehammy said:

He’s never wrong.

That's why I'm just going to read his posts and learn.  No point in debating with someone well above my intellectual level.  

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

He’s never wrong.

I've been wrong and apologised before on here. 

I'm not wrong about this. 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think the mods need to step in shortly. Becoming rather unsavoury.

It's taken the heat of Nicola for a short time.

😄

So looks like Edinburgh will be in Tier 3, harshly, but KBers are going to do their best to ensure we stay there.

If attitude is same across rest of residents. 

Edited by DETTY29

15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

So looks like Edinburgh will be in Tier 3, harshly, but KBers are going to do their best to ensure we stay there.

If attitude is same across rest of residents. 

This

too many aren’t capable of watching football on their own either 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Put the clubs down. You need to save your arm strength for pulling pints.

:sadrobbo: more or less.

Excellent.

Only working two hours a week, need to keep the arm strength up for the Hogmanay opening 😜💪🏿

Just been reading about what places should be in what tiers ect 

Remember when sturgeon said how confusing she found boris “stay alert” slogan?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

I will be, poor dogs might need ear defenders though 🤬.

A6FB6D1A-3367-4784-BDD7-5670A1CCAAEE.jpeg

EAAC32EE-6158-4047-BBC5-F71EBE7BE80C.jpeg

40 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Hospitality has been shut for nearly three weeks and the numbers are going up. That in itself makes it rather hard to understand why its being targeted. 

What was sold as a 2 week restriction to get control is now looking like an indeterminate closure of a business sector that was never the source of mass infection to begin with. 

Scot Gov don't provide outbreak/case numbers by setting (as PHE do weekly), I suspect the numbers don't fit the preferred narrative of the government. 

The 5 tier system, meant to provide flexibility to tackle local outbreaks is effectively now a two tier system of locked down or locked down harder and its not even launched yet. 

The lack of a plan and the irrational reactionary measures being meted out points to a group not in control. 

If people follow the basic rules, hand wash, wear a mask when required and socially distance where possible, the chance of catching the virus is miniscule.  Therefore, it begs the question, who is catching it and how? Presumably those who are not following the rules. So, why impose further restrictions on the precaution taking majority while the feckless class are not sticking to the rules? How exactly do they expect cases to reduce? The Scottish Hospitality Group,  comprising some of the biggest pub groups in the country, reported 17 cases in their venues out of approx 1.8million visits since July. Why are they targetting hospitality?  Footage today shows literally hundreds of kids,most without masks, crammed into a corridor at a Dundee school which recently reported 2 cases. The Scottish Govt have lost the  plot and are pursuing an ideological agenda rather than following the evidence. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If people follow the basic rules, hand wash, wear a mask when required and socially distance where possible, the chance of catching the virus is miniscule.  Therefore, it begs the question, who is catching it and how? Presumably those who are not following the rules. So, why impose further restrictions on the precaution taking majority while the feckless class are not sticking to the rules? How exactly do they expect cases to reduce? The Scottish Hospitality Group,  comprising some of the biggest pub groups in the country, reported 17 cases in their venues out of approx 1.8million visits since July. Why are they targetting hospitality?  Footage today shows literally hundreds of kids,most without masks, crammed into a corridor at a Dundee school which recently reported 2 cases. The Scottish Govt have lost the  plot and are pursuing an ideological agenda rather than following the evidence. 

Partly why we need EVERYONE to follow the rules 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Name calling?

Yes, name calling.

You called me ‘mate’.

That, in itself, is insulting to me.

Coming from you. 

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

No need to be abusive, mate! You'll just make yourself look a twit. 

Just now, Morgan said:

Yes, name calling.

You called me ‘mate’.

Coming from you. 

How odd 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Morgan said:

Yes, name calling.

You called me ‘mate’.

Coming from you. 

:rofl:

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How odd 

Not really, using the term mate can be seen as a threat depending on the context in which it is used

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Absolutely.
As someone who is not overly fond of following rules or doing what I’m told I’m happy to do it this time, it’s kind of important and like everyone else I’m heartily sick of this but if more folk do it the quicker we will get a sense of normality back.
It will  hit me on Saturday when for the first time ever I’m sitting on the sofa cursing whilst watching us play a semi final. 

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No need to be abusive, mate! You'll just make yourself look a twit. 

:rofl: 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely.
As someone who is not overly fond of following rules or doing what I’m told I’m happy to do it this time, it’s kind of important and like everyone else I’m heartily sick of this but if more folk do it the quicker we will get a sense of normality back.
It will  hit me on Saturday when for the first time ever I’m sitting on the sofa cursing whilst watching us play a semi final. 

Well said mate

28 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Some folk will never follow the rules regardless of the law. Perhaps the govt could grow a pair and start to enforce, threaten and punish those who don't, rather than pursue the flawed, left wing, "everyone is really really nice, we just need to appeal to their community spirit and encourage them " pish. Then again maybe she needs to keep them on board before next year's election.

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Listen pal, if you want to get the violins oot because someone you don't know has posted on JKB that they're meeting up with 5 pals to get leathered and watch Hearts play Hibs in the semi final of the Scottish Cup because they've got mental health problems then crack on. 

When you put it like that ☺

Apologies if the guy is having problems but there's plenty who can make the same excuse.

If there is hundreds/thousands having friends round to watch the game will folks still think it's such a wheeze if Edinburgh and Lothians gets stuck in tier four over Xmas because of a rise in cases coinciding  with this weekend  ?

4 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

They've been totally shafted.

Death by a thousand cuts

If you were being cynical It’s as if they are trying their best to kill the licences trade in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

If you were being cynical It’s as if they are trying their best to kill the licences trade in Scotland.

NS has always been anti alcohol, it started with minimum pricing now she’s trying to kill off the local pub. How long before she starts banging on about how many lives she is saving by cutting alcohol consumption.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

When you put it like that ☺

Apologies if the guy is having problems but there's plenty who can make the same excuse.

If there is hundreds/thousands having friends round to watch the game will folks still think it's such a wheeze if Edinburgh and Lothians gets stuck in tier four over Xmas because of a rise in cases coinciding  with this weekend  ?

Any rise in cases due to this weekend will be ancient history by Xmas, us party goers will either be recovered or deid well before then.

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

92% survival rate, we will get through this we are learning everyday 👍

What do you mean by this? The survival rate will be more like 99%

The Mighty Thor
28 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/business/consumer/scots-could-be-vaccinated-christmas-according-national-clinical-chief-3015865%3famp

It looks like something is coming pretty soon. It won’t mean a return to normal but it will mean we turn some form of corner. 

Im absolutely amazed they have managed to do this, if it turns out to be true. On bright side I won’t be taken it any time soon , so will be nice to watch the great and good along with some vulnerable people being the vaccine test dummies. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm afraid I've grown more cynical by the day on all this. 

If Jason Leitch told me it was dry outside I'd take an umbrella. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm afraid I've grown more cynical by the day on all this. 

If Jason Leitch told me it was dry outside I'd take an umbrella. 

:lol: 

manaliveits105

It will never work - wur all doomed - doomed I tell ye 

and how would we cope without 

Nanny McFree ‘s daily appearance 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I think politicians should be first in line. 

Correct , they should lead by example . Can’t see it happening though . 

47 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It will never work - wur all doomed - doomed I tell ye 

and how would we cope without 

Nanny McFree ‘s daily appearance 

She will have to be dragged down kicking and screaming 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic