Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

you have to laugh in these troubled times, otherwise you would turn into a weird nut job with no empathy and the interpersonal skills of a Hibs fan. 

There are some like that on here 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ordered my Perfectdraft machine this morning, along with a few 10 litre barrels. Hope it arrives in time for our Saturday night football perty. 

Guests will be expecting their beer at the correct temperature. 

Hope it's enough for 12 of us but might sneak an extra order in today. Amazon prime if I'm too late. 👍

EgcwEuaWAAMAGxe.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I don’t agree

best to err on side of caution to begin with especially there are still some (including some on here) who don’t follow the rules 

I get that , but whenever you make the decision you are not going to have different in Edinburgh or Glasgow due to their proximity and interdependency if that is how they are deciding.

Edited by steve123

Heartsmad1874
19 hours ago, Victorian said:

The tiers do appear to be very strict.  Looks like they're going very hard on hospitality and the same arguments will be offered regarding how much spread is going on in hospitality settings.  It should be remembered that hospitality is being singled out because it's really the only area that they can exert control over and police it.  It's the one controllable area.  It's pretty brutal but it's not hard to see why it's being targeted.  

Looks mum & dad for going for a bevvy any time soon.

Hospitality has been shut for weeks and yet cases are still high. Lets all still blame and keep hospitality closed though because we canny control anything else :thumbsup:

Edited by Heartsmad1874

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think your right. To a degree I can understand it, the connectivity of central belt, means that different tier levels will see migration of punters into lower tier. 

I think we’re in the current position until just before Chrimbo. They are not going to ease of before Chrimbo and endanger going backwards around Chrimbo. 

The tiers are almost notional when you consider, blanket restrictions like no house hold gathering, irrespective of tiers are being used until further notice. 

So the quick two week circuit breaker will last a few months? 

That’s no another lie we have been told is it? 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

No her joab - over to Gregor 

Taking a grilling so far on care homes and just waffling on. :pleasing:

Absolutely brilliant, a problem with the video link and somebody heard saying you got to her there mate or something along those line 😂😉

Edited by steve123

21 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I don’t agree

best to err on side of caution to begin with especially there are still some (including some on here) who don’t follow the rules 

Should come to my party mate. Have a day off from saving the world of kickback from covid

7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Absolutely brilliant, a problem with the video link and somebody heard saying you got to her there mate or something along those line 😂😉

That will be the last time she lets that guy ask anything 😂

23 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hope it's enough for 12 of us but might sneak an extra order in today. Amazon prime if I'm too late. 👍

EgcwEuaWAAMAGxe.jpg

A wee splash of that every so often to wipe your hands and you’ll be fine 🍺🍺

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

I wonder if Swedes have started comparing Stefan Lofven to Hitler yet?

Does Sweden have a drag act from the 70s that the more creative of his critics can compare him to? 

90% of the questions asked of her at these party political broadcasts are a disgrace. So weak and not what the public want to hear. STV journos cosying up to her to make her look better, hardly seen any tough questions fired at her about her handling of care homes, exit strategy, science for what she's doing etc. We are now living in a society where we are dictated to by the government. None of the people making these decisions are affected by them. They all go on about how tough it is, but they don't have to worry about their bills at the end of the month, they are paid handsomely for making decisions which in effect are ruining businesses and peoples livelihoods. Lockdowns haven't worked and won't work so why keep pushing for them? 

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I know this isn’t the best source but Willie Rennie, just said that 80% of people who get COVID are asymptomatic. That can’t be right or have I missed something?

Just pick a figure. Different studies have shown different figures, with 80% being near the top end of the scale. I usually think of it as 50% but with no evidence to back that up.

Search on the internet for percentage asymptomatic for all the different studies and conclusions. Basically, with so much variability between studies, anyone coming up with a precise figure is talking through their arse.

Edited by redjambo

25 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Can’t understand that kind of idiotic behaviour.

After all - WE ARE SCOTLAND as the slogan goes!

Me and my group of friends (couples mainly) have continued our get togethers at most weekends. Around 8 or so people sometimes 10.

We all work from home and have done for months.

None of us have been to a bar or a restaurant in at least 6+ weeks.

We dont go to anyone else's homes or mix with other couples face to face.

We dont go to the Fort, Ocean Terminal, Princes St. Gyle, Cameron Toll etc. for shopping.

We dont go to Ikea or Nandos or the Cinema.

We do go to the supermarkets but wear a face covering at all times and use hand sanitiser and observe the one way systems.

How are we a threat to anyone???

This is just getting nonsensical. Everyone can see where the uplift in cases came from. The students! They should not have been allowed back on campus. The numbers were low until the Universities returned and then BOOM!!! it went mental. It isn't a coincidence.

44 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hope it's not to windy on Saturday. 

The marquee I've had set up should withstand a fair blow I'd imagine though. 

😄

Footballfirst

The 7 day per 100k infection rate guidelines for each level are as follows:

Level 0 ---- 0-20

Level 1 ---- 20-75

Level 2 ---- 75-150

Level 3 ---- 150-300

Level 4 ---- 300+

Other factors in determining levels will include the availability of hospital and ICU beds and the associated direction of the trends.

Edited by Footballfirst

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Me and my group of friends (couples mainly) have continued our get togethers at most weekends. Around 8 or so people sometimes 10.

We all work from home and have done for months.

None of us have been to a bar or a restaurant in at least 6+ weeks.

We dont go to anyone else's homes or mix with other couples face to face.

We dont go to the Fort, Ocean Terminal, Princes St. Gyle, Cameron Toll etc. for shopping.

We dont go to Ikea or Nandos or the Cinema.

We do go to the supermarkets but wear a face covering at all times and use hand sanitiser and observe the one way systems.

How are we a threat to anyone???

This is just getting nonsensical. Everyone can see where the uplift in cases came from. The students! They should not have been allowed back on campus. The numbers were low until the Universities returned and then BOOM!!! it went mental. It isn't a coincidence.

I think the bit in bold is the case for many of us.

45 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hope it's not to windy on Saturday. 

The marquee I've had set up should withstand a fair blow I'd imagine though. 

Fortunately won't have that problem, as my man-cave is solidly built and can take 11 or 12 folks in it, at a push, it's neat but we can all squeeze in usually.

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

I think the bit in bold is the case for many of us.

It is. 

Is it a waste of time wearing a mask and sanitising your hands every 5 minutes then?

Makes you wonder.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Fortunately won't have that problem, as my man-cave is solidly built and can take 11 or 12 folks in it, at a push, it's neat but we can all squeeze in usually.

Man cave?

Interested. 

Think a new thread is forming....

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Done similar with google, got one study saying 96%🙈

Like most the studies I have no idea, but probably much bigger than I imagined and with antibodies lasting such a short period to tell if people were asymptomatic,

This one was an interesting one, but earlier on in the pandemic. They tested an entire Italian village and around 40% were asymptomatic.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/198833/whole-town-study-reveals-more-than-40/

On the other hand, this study - https://lenews.ch/2020/09/25/coronavirus-20-percent-of-cases-asymptomatic-according-to-swiss-study/ - in Switzerland came up with a figure of 20%, although it was a study of studies.

One of the things that hasn't helped at all during this pandemic is the variability of the scientific evidence and advice. Doesn't inspire great confidence, imo.

40 minutes ago, graygo said:

EgcwEuaWAAMAGxe.jpg

That’s only 52 pints. If there’s 12 of you your are going to need at least double that amount and a big fridge to keep it all cool. Time to start uninviting some guests or get them some cheap stuff out of aldi

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Man cave?

Interested. 

Think a new thread is forming....

Fully booked for this week-end...........sorry.

2 minutes ago, mutley said:

That’s only 52 pints. If there’s 12 of you your are going to need at least double that amount and a big fridge to keep it all cool. Time to start uninviting some guests or get them some cheap stuff out of aldi

You're right, I'll order more. I have got a fair old collection of single malts to compliment the beers though.

26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWCQViMyoS3GokLhZzYy-

Bowl-of-keys.jpg

:ruiner:

28 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

We wear a face covering at all times and use hand sanitiser and observe the one way systems

:arry:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I was invited, today, to go shooting with some  friends/acquaintances/toffs in a few days, it would involve staying away in hotel for a couple of nights. 

I was reassured I had nothing to worry about, as after a bit of casual racism, it was revealed a testing regime was in place. They have hired the hotel out completely and come to arrangements with hotels for serving of alcohol amongst a few other things. Also precautions were being taken so that no one may be photographed in a situation that prove akward. 

I’m definitely mixing with a better class of criminal due to COVID 😂

:pleasing:

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Pretty much everyone trolling the troll at this juncture.

Says a lot. Mostly about impunity.

Threads gone way of topic, all about football parties and the ***king of the rules.

Scottish numbers: 28 October 2020

Summary

• 1,202 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-125]
  • 28 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+3]
  • 85 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+3]
  • 1,117 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+17]
  • 20,129 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.8% of these were positive

Per-board per-100,000 infection stats:

Lanarkshire 44 [-8], Greater Glasgow 38 [=], Ayrshire 25 [-1], Tayside 18 [+3], Lothian 17 [-5], Forth Valley 13 [-7], Fife 10 [=].

All others: less than 10.

20 minutes ago, OBE said:

Threads gone way of topic, all about football parties and the ***king of the rules.

It is a bit of a mess

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The 7 day per 100k infection rate guidelines for each level are as follows:

Level 0 ---- 0-20

Level 1 ---- 20-75

Level 2 ---- 75-150

Level 3 ---- 150-300

Level 4 ---- 300+

Other factors in determining levels will include the availability of hospital and ICU beds and the associated direction of the trends.

If this is the case, then purely for the NHS board areas, the tier levels as of today's 7-day rolling figures would be:

Level 4: Lanarkshire [369]

Level 3: Greater Glasgow [285], Ayrshire [232]

Level 2: Lothian [126], Tayside [117], Forth Valley [116], Fife [94], Dumfries & Galloway [79]

Level 1: Grampian [36], Borders [35], Highland [33]

Level 0: Orkney [18], Western Isles [15], Shetland [13]

Note however that the SG has said that they will be applying tiers to local council areas, not NHS board areas.

Edited by redjambo

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It is a bit of a mess

Would you like to come to a party this Friday evening?

You know, something to cheer you up a wee bitty.

Nothing fancy, you understand, just a couple of dozen folk sharing beer cans.

RSVP

France likeky to announce national lockdown tonight with only schools and certain non work from home industries to remain open.

Merkel would like to do similar in Germany but doesn't have power as its up federal states.

Health services under too much pressure.

According to BBC News.

The UK will do well (sic) not to end up same.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, jonesy said:

Having your mates round, I see.

:cheers:

Yes, real mates though, not internet buddies.

:cheers: 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If this is the case, then purely for the NHS board areas, the tier levels as of today's 7-day rolling figures would be:

Level 2: Lothian [126], Tayside [117], Forth Valley [116], Fife [94], Dumfries & Galloway [79]

Note however that the SG has said that they will be applying to tiers to local council areas, not NHS board areas.

Nope, that won't de at all. Figures would normally need to be massaged to justify Lothian going into Tier whatever Glasgow has, but under this government, they won't bother as they have abandoned transparency and fairness in favour of political expediency.

Nicola getting rattled now whenever her brainless decisions questioned. At least that's a positive but still far too many spineless sycophants masquerading as journalists.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Note however that the SG has said that they will be applying tiers to local council areas, not NHS board areas.

Selected figures based on the latest published figures (to 26 Oct) updated a few minutes ago on the SG website. 

Click on the cases by neighbourhood. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Gasgow City 320.6

N Lanarkshire 328.1

S Lanarkshire 374.1

W Lothian 225.6

Midlothian 97.3

Edinburgh 90.7

Fife 88.1

All these figures will fall in the next couple of days as the effects of the testing backlog from last week drop off the 7 day figures.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

France likeky to announce national lockdown tonight with only schools and certain non work from home industries to remain open.

Merkel would like to do similar in Germany but doesn't have power as its up federal states.

Health services under too much pressure.

According to BBC News.

The UK will do well (sic) not to end up same.

Concentrating on Scotland, why should we copy what rest of Europe doing. They also allowed spectators back, in limited amounts, to sport and kept open hospitality. We didn't copy them when they relaxed restrictions, so why copy them when they increase them?

Using whataboutery is a poor excuse for doing anything, but one that NS is particularly adept at.

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Unfortunately that is based on only 1 metric.

Plus for all the frameworks in the world, key decision makers will always have the opportunity to over-ride.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Unfortunately that is based on only 1 metric.

Plus for all the frameworks in the world, key decision makers will always have the opportunity to over-ride.

But it is the 1 metric that government have been using for last few months. Now, when figures are going right way for Edinburgh and the wrong way for NS and Glasgow, she conveniently forgets about them. Mind, she has previous for conveniently forgetting things as AS report showed.

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Selected figures based on the latest published figures (to 26 Oct) updated a few minutes ago on the SG website. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Gasgow City 320.6

N Lanarkshire 328.1

S Lanarkshire 374.1

W Lothian 225.6

Midlothian 97.3

Edinburgh 90.7

Fife 88.1

All these figures will fall in the next couple of days as the effects of the testing backlog from last week drop off the 7 day figures.

:thumb:

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

So, I’m not his only mate?

:sob:

You will always be his special friend.

I’m not even his mate anymore 

Shanks said no
15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Gasgow City 320.6

N Lanarkshire 328.1

S Lanarkshire 374.1

W Lothian 225.6

Midlothian 97.3

Edinburgh 90.7

Fife 88.1

back on topic

These are very interesting stats and you would hope that any savvy journalist or local politicians would actually question the government on the tiers they are placing areas into.

sadly I cannot see that happening. Working every day in Edinburgh City Centre is a depressing experience. I love my city but it is a shell of its former self. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic