Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/business/consumer/scots-could-be-vaccinated-christmas-according-national-clinical-chief-3015865%3famp

It looks like something is coming pretty soon. It won’t mean a return to normal but it will mean we turn some form of corner. 

Im absolutely amazed they have managed to do this, if it turns out to be true. On bright side I won’t be taken it any time soon , so will be nice to watch the great and good along with some vulnerable people being the vaccine test dummies. 🤷🏻‍♂️

All the papers this morn are saying we will be in a total lockdown again by Xmas 

One min we are saved and then we are doomed 🤷‍♀️

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
34 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

the most regulated controlled spaces I've been in are pubs & restaurants ..... but let's shut them to nail that 3%.

the result :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54710380

And here was me feeling guilty at inviting the faither in law in for a bottle of export when he came by to see his grandkids through the window.

husref musemic
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

And here was me feeling guilty at inviting the faither in law in for a bottle of export when he came by to see his grandkids through the window.

in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 @Jambo4ever

15 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If people can’t go to the pub/restaurant for months or decide they won’t go due to the curfews/alcohol restrictions then they will simply start visiting the houses of friends and family as many people simply won’t go months again without seeing anyone.

And yet in hospitality venues social distancing measures can be enforced and checked upon but inside people’s homes there is no control.

The government have got this all wrong.  People need an outlet to see each other, surely better to have one that can be rigorously controlled and monitored than the free for all of being in someone’s home unchecked. 

50 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

the most regulated controlled spaces I've been in are pubs & restaurants ..... but let's shut them to nail that 3%.

the result :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54710380

Every pub I've been into in Glasgow has been really strict on social distancing, table service, Test and Protect and the like.

This virus is being spread at house gatherings in the main, it's the only logical explanation.

By enforcing draconian measures on hospitality the Government is doing little more than encouraging people to have their pals round to the house.

It's baffling.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

As I have said before I am a member of the SNP and can confirm that our officially issued policy booklet on fun says that the above does constitute a Party and the procedure is you should hand yourself in to the nearest Police Station (although you might have to travel out of your local area to do this as we closed a lot of the front desks down) where you will be issued with your truncheon button to the napper.

My mate across the street is a copper. If he was allowed in he could just throw me down the stairs in the house and save us both a trip to the station.

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This really annoys me and that’s putting it mildly.

That's what happens when you have a poorly designed and I'll thought through piece of legislation rushed through by incompetent government. Even when parties broken up, nothing will happen to those who were there anyway and they will just do the same again next opportunity they get.

Surprising how the police can get the required officers to attend these gatherings as they don't seem to ever have enough officers to spare when it comes to robberies/home burglaries or theft. Must be good overtime and publicity for them.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That's what happens when you have a poorly designed and I'll thought through piece of legislation rushed through by incompetent government. Even when parties broken up, nothing will happen to those who were there anyway and they will just do the same again next opportunity they get.

Surprising how the police can get the required officers to attend these gatherings as they don't seem to ever have enough officers to spare when it comes to robberies/home burglaries or theft. Must be good overtime and publicity for them.

They’ve got this drastically wrong.

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, Darren said:

Every pub I've been into in Glasgow has been really strict on social distancing, table service, Test and Protect and the like.

This virus is being spread at house gatherings in the main, it's the only logical explanation.

By enforcing draconian measures on hospitality the Government is doing little more than encouraging people to have their pals round to the house.

It's baffling.

My local’s protocol is tops.
Other posters have posted similar with pubs they’ve visited.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Any rise in cases due to this weekend will be ancient history by Xmas, us party goers will either be recovered or deid well before then.

You wouldn't want to miss the Hearts winning the Cup  😄 

SectionDJambo
28 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There was a police chief, from Manchester, interviewed on tv news last week. He said, amongst many other examples, that his officers had given an on the spot fine to the same house resident 9 times. Maybe they should lock him/her up for a while instead.

Probably, sadly, even if the pubs were open, idiots like that will just keep meeting up in each others' houses for drink or drugs.

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You wouldn't want to miss the Hearts winning the Cup  😄 

The final isn't till the 20th December, we'll all have recovered by then. **

** Apart from some of the auld duffers in our support.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They are good at stopping and searching supporters buses tho

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Sweden has introduced local restrictions after a big rise in cases.

That can't be right, Sweden don't believe in restrictions. It's why they have had hardly any cases.

:sarcasm:

Surprisingly the number of Covid related deaths in Sweden hasn’t gone above 4 per day since July whereas there were 367 in the UK yesterday.  

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

There was a police chief, from Manchester, interviewed on tv news last week. He said, amongst many other examples, that his officers had given an on the spot fine to the same house resident 9 times. Maybe they should lock him/her up for a while instead.

Probably, sadly, even if the pubs were open, idiots like that will just keep meeting up in each others' houses for drink or drugs.

Something I can't understand fining people (especially in this case where it is 9 times) is what happens if they are currently furloughed and can't pay the fine? Do they get a court summons? 

Not advocating bampots having house parties but handing out potentially unpayable fines seems an unworkable solution.

26 minutes ago, graygo said:

That can't be right, Sweden don't believe in restrictions. It's why they have had hardly any cases.

:sarcasm:

I wonder if Swedes have started comparing Stefan Lofven to Hitler yet?

5 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

Something I can't understand fining people (especially in this case where it is 9 times) is what happens if they are currently furloughed and can't pay the fine? Do they get a court summons? 

Not advocating bampots having house parties but handing out potentially unpayable fines seems an unworkable solution.

Calls for a good old-fashioned truncheoning instead of fines IMO.

BBC News Scotland article shows the almost unbelievable scale of the 'illegal' house gathering problem in Scotland.  I don't think anyone has a problem with the lower level transgressions of the rules but the scale of the complete piss taking is depressing.  

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

BBC News Scotland article shows the almost unbelievable scale of the 'illegal' house gathering problem in Scotland.  I don't think anyone has a problem with the lower level transgressions of the rules but the scale of the complete piss taking is depressing.  

That’s what happens when you shut the pubs. I am going to a house party on Saturday to watch the football and get smashed. 

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

My local’s protocol is tops.
Other posters have posted similar with pubs they’ve visited.

Spot on.

Pub I was visiting friends in had:

- online booking system for 2 hour slots.

- hand sanitiser stations at the doorway and another outside toilets.

- manual booking/check-in/track and trace details station at entrance

- one way system for walking around the pub

- table service only

- face masks had to be worn when not at a table

- one urinal blocked off to keep social distancing

What more can these businesses do, and why are hospitality being treated as scapegoats when I bet school or university related infections are higher?

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That’s what happens when you shut the pubs. I am going to a house party on Saturday to watch the football and get smashed. 

This, folk just shut the blinds and carry on unless neighbours are phoning the police very unlikely to be anything done.

I am not commenting on the rights or wrongs of it just how utterly impossible it is to police.

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There was much discussion and apprehension about the Celtic / The Rangers match causing large gatherings. 

I think this weekend is every bit as concerning. Three major cities who are all showing high numbers all gathering in large groups to watch football. 

Some people don't give a **** if this thread is anything to go by. 😒

Would expect lots of callouts this weekend from gisgruntled fans (hopefully Hibs) raging at their rival-supporting neighbours partying after the result.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Would expect lots of callouts this weekend from gisgruntled fans (hopefully Hibs) raging at their rival-supporting neighbours partying after the result.

Hopefully it’s a disgruntled hibs copper that turns up at the door to the noise of the hearts song playing 

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I was invited, today, to go shooting with some  friends/acquaintances/toffs in a few days, it would involve staying away in hotel for a couple of nights. 

I was reassured I had nothing to worry about, as after a bit of casual racism, it was revealed a testing regime was in place. They have hired the hotel out completely and come to arrangements with hotels for serving of alcohol amongst a few other things. Also precautions were being taken so that no one may be photographed in a situation that prove akward. 

I’m definitely mixing with a better class of criminal due to COVID 😂

Toffs can do as they like 🤔

30 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You better not be mate

15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They would deserve it 

Just now, graygo said:

Not me.

They're coming to my house this time. 😁👍🍺🍻

Good on you mate.

And I mean that. Feck the FACTS or the 0-5 or whatever other pish this government try to brainwash us with.

If you're all under 70 and have no underlying health problems I can give you a Ron Burgundy cast iron guarantee  you will all be fine.

You can take that to the bank.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Nothing to see on the hospital to care homes discharges according to the report. 

Sweep, sweep,  sweep

Shanks said no

Ordered my Perfectdraft machine this morning, along with a few 10 litre barrels. Hope it arrives in time for our Saturday night football perty. 

Guests will be expecting their beer at the correct temperature. 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Nothing to see on the hospital to care homes discharges according to the report. 

Can't prove the link for definite so it definitely didn't happen.

:Aye:

Hope it's not to windy on Saturday. 

The marquee I've had set up should withstand a fair blow I'd imagine though. 

1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

latest NRS stats. Two-thirds (66%) were aged 75+, and 15% were aged under 65.

So... 85% above 65.

15% under 65 is higher than I would like it to be.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hope it's not to windy on Saturday. 

The marquee I've had set up should withstand a fair blow I'd imagine though. 

Just all head inside the house if it's too blawy.

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ordered my Perfectdraft machine this morning, along with a few 10 litre barrels. Hope it arrives in time for our Saturday night football perty. 

Guests will be expecting their beer at the correct temperature. 

Funny 

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Funny 

you have to laugh in these troubled times, otherwise you would turn into a weird nut job with no empathy and the interpersonal skills of a Hibs fan. 

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

She is just making it up now, does not matter what your stats are Edinburgh will always be the same as Glasgow.

The way she is slavering about the journo's question about Borders being in Level 1 is utter garbage.

Just now, steve123 said:

She is just making it up now, does not matter what your stats are Edinburgh will always be the same as Glasgow.

I don’t agree

best to err on side of caution to begin with especially there are still some (including some on here) who don’t follow the rules 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic