Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My sister and her mates were bagging up corpses with only a pair of gloves for protection because her care home could acquire no other PPE. 

The undertakers couldn't get any either so they refused to touch the bodies, which left the young lassies on a wee bit above minimum wage to do it.

Prepared right enough.

The official position is utter wank.

These would be private businesses and as such they are responsible for procuring the necessary. They are also responsible for training their staff and staff welfare.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
Just now, coconut doug said:

These would be private businesses and as such they are responsible for procuring the necessary. They are also responsible for training their staff and staff welfare.

Next! 😁

41 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

😂That was when the virus got politicised ya numpty now **** off. 

Running away and personal abuse it's a bit of a recurring theme is it not?

28 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

What a nonsense from the government. Admit £60million is required at least to assist the city through restrictions but prepared to let folk suffer because the negotiations broke down.

Just like Brexit, the Tory's need to be scattered to the far corners of the world. Over privileged scum

Boris says they couldn't give Manchester more than say Liverpool as it has to be consistent. 

Not much room for negotiation then. 

30 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thinks he's some sort of Northern Baron.

They'll negotiate with individual leaders, who're not campaigning for the Labour job down the line again by proxy.

Boris says the money has to the same as what is given elsewhere eg Lancashire. 

So not much room for negotiation. 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Then he can be thankful of what they get in comparison to Merseyside & Lancashire as a whole, shut up, & do his job. He's tried. He's failed. He can now get on and do his job. 

We're all going to take a hit more or less. No-one's going to be happy. ****. Wait until the financial package for Scotland going into Tier's are announced next week.

Folk will be screaming blue murder on here and social media, should Greater Glasgow receive more, disproportionately to Edinburgh & Lothian.

Feel bad for them. But they're out of my mind. 

That's the spirit. 

The government wouldn't know honesty if they fell over it but who really knows what's gone on during that dispute?  It simply should never have been allowed to get into that mess.  If the government really withheld support that was otherwise available then responsible individuals should face prosecution after the final inquiry.  Burnham's actions should also be reviewed.  

11 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Your posts should all include the preface:

’A Scottish Government spokesperson commented............’

No I'm not the spokesperson. I'm linking to the quote from the relevant government minister in this instance.

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Andy Burnham, former prominent Labour MP and Mr Liverpool. Career been on the skids for a while so enjoying brief moments in the sun. 

On the contrary,  if it can be demonstrated he's conducted his side of the dispute with integrity then he's been a very brave man.  He's set himself up to carry the can here.  The government will hang him out to dry in the blame game.  He's taken a huge burden on himself.

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sorry, mate. I assumed you lit a candle in solidarity for the people in Wales yesterday. I'm sure folk who drive taxi's on here & are self-employed, will have Manchester deep in their thoughts, if their financial support is two/thirds of what they were hoping for to maintain staff or their livelihoods.

Around the same time as thanking Sturgeon, for providing Glasgow enough money for its Curry Houses to stay afloat.

Just because it's an unpalatable thought to some, doesn't make it any less true. And if people not just on here, but in society, aren't now beyond the selflessness (or supposed) with what's looking likely over the winter...then frankly, they're lying to themselves.

People will now concentrate on them & theirs. Rightly.

Pray for Manchester? **** them.

You've went from 'feel bad for them' to '**** them' in one post, have a lie doon. 😉

5 hours ago, reaths17 said:

there's a controlled environment in hospitality, selling alcohol and no direct link to increases of covid HOSPITALITY BANNED.

theres a overwhelming link to close contact in an indoor environment, special offers for cheap drink in supermarkets "invite your friends round for a swally, the more the merrier.

we can all see the discrepencies, if she isn't politicising with it, she's being what her sister said just for the hell of it.

want to stop the spread BAN uncontrolled selling/buying of alcohol and open the controlled environment of hospitality, where those that cant refrain from alcohol are in a monitored situation, might actually reduce alcoholism in the country and reduce the drink induced strain on the health service at the same time.

Surprisingly i tend to agree with some of that. I would say that we need to get the numbers going in the right direction first though.

Is she politicising the issue, not really IMO. Is she a control freak, absolutely. Is she doing it for the hell of it, well she certainly seems to enjoy it. I can't however think of anybody who would do it anywhere near as well as she does.

Turns out the challenge trial involves an initial phase of unvaccinated infections.  To calibrate how much virus to expose the vaccinated volunteers to,  etc.   Apparently includes some guy who has been exposed to malaria and ingested typhoid bacteria in previous trials he's been in.  😳

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Man, you sound like a beaten spouse.

You mean apologising for my abuser?  Don't worry divorce proceedings are underway.

So what, how do they go about imposing the lockdown? Send in the Army? Batter people into submission? 

If this goes ahead could be looking at riots if police/army starting forcing the governments will. Looking at breaking point here. 

Only takes one region to kick off a chain reaction across the country 

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Turns out the challenge trial involves an initial phase of unvaccinated infections.  To calibrate how much virus to expose the vaccinated volunteers to,  etc.   Apparently includes some guy who has been exposed to malaria and ingested typhoid bacteria in previous trials he's been in.  😳

Hmm that's interesting as the Flu vaccine folk get is inactive, ie. It doesn't give you a hit of the actual flu. 

So they are giving volunteers a live attenuated vaccine for covid and trying to calibrate it to see what amount where the immune system overpowers it. 😬 Sounds like a fecking hail Mary effort.

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So what, how do they go about imposing the lockdown? Send in the Army? Batter people into submission? 

If this goes ahead could be looking at riots if police/army starting forcing the governments will. Looking at breaking point here. 

Says the guy who told someone they were "over reacting a bit chief" on the previous page.

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Edited by Victorian

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hmm that's interesting as the Flu vaccine folk get is inactive, ie. It doesn't give you a hit of the actual flu. 

So they are giving volunteers a live attenuated vaccine for covid and trying to calibrate it to see what amount where the immune system overpowers it. 😬 Sounds like a fecking hail Mary effort.

No,  a challenge trial.   They give people the virus.  While not vaccinated.  Then they vaccinate other people and then expose them to virus.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Says the guy who told someone they were "over reacting a bit chief" on the previous page.

There will be a tipping point. Guaranteed. Whether this is it or not I have no idea. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

There will be a tipping point. Guaranteed. Whether this is it or not I have no idea. 

Well they wont be sending in the army or start battering people.  So we can all calm down for now.  ;)

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

The rules are an absolute shambles, man.

I've just, in the last hour, had a conversation with a theatre nurse in London who ripped into the mask policy, saying that the shitty blue ones (the same ones clogging up the streets, bins and oceans now) that most folk wear are nothing but germ reservoirs and do nothing to prevent aerosols coming in or out. But hey, gotta wear one if I want to buy some beers on my way home.

The rules about who you can and cannot meet have been a farce from the beginning. Isolation and loneliness have probably killed/will probably kill as many people as CV19, but there aren't any government approved, daily trumpeted stats on those, are there? No, because the politicians (nor there slavish adherents) don't want to take responsibility for the fact that their 'measures' are ill-thought out and might, just might, cause more problems than they solve. Then there's the fact that I can still meet someone in a coffee shop and sit and share light-hearted banter, a latte and my virus with them, but we cannot do so in either of our homes. The rules are illogical if you care to actually think about them.

So, OBE, you can take your rules, your tabloid/social media style use of 'covidiots', your childish insults and shove them up your fat, hairy farter. Have a nice day, though :) 

It’s easier to police social distancing rules in a cafe than in someone’s house though mate 

"Doctors think their patients died of Covid even if they have not had a test.  Even if they have had a positive test it doesn't necessarily mean it killed them. Some deaths will be seasonal variation  some will be because they are not getting the medical attention they would usually get...it's a mess"  - Professor Hugh Pennington, Emeritus Professor of Bacteriology at Aberdeen University.  

Pretty much what the more critical thinking amongst us have believed for a while. So, when either govt trys to justify more draconian population control measures by claiming it "saves lives", or the old favourite "protect the NHS" remember that they are more than likely, apart from talking pish,  thinking about covering their own backsides.

9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It’s easier to police social distancing rules in a cafe than in someone’s house though mate 

Easier in a pub or restaurant too but they've shut them down.

Just now, jonesy said:

This exactly what the more observant among us have been saying for months now. And yet we still have people accepting what the Tories and the SNP are dishing up. Honestly, the real 'Covidiots' are the ones who just accept the rules without murmur.

Exactly Jonesy. It's bizarre.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

They have to limit the opportunity for the virus to spread and keep cafes open so people who live alone can meet up 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

They have to limit the opportunity for the virus to spread and keep cafes open so people who live alone can meet up 

So the "deadly pandemic" agrees a ceasefire while people who live alone meet up for a cortado??

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Really don't think this thread should be used to gauge what's happening in the real world. 

The flat earth you mean 😜

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So the virus knows if your drinking a beer or a latte, clever fecker that Covid fella.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So the virus knows if your drinking a beer or a latte, clever fecker that Covid fella.

Less likely to break the rules if you don’t have alcohol 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

When alcohol is involved peoples thought process is dulled, no amount of rules/signs/restrictions stops it. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When alcohol is involved peoples thought process is dulled, no amount of rules/signs/restrictions stops it. 

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

😂. But still the gullible swallow all that garbage. It's actually frightening. 

Weakened Offender
24 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well they wont be sending in the army or start battering people.  So we can all calm down for now.  ;)

There isn't enough army left. They'd get a ****ing scudding. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

👏 some sense. I myself have let my guard down a few times due to beers. Annoyed with myself when I sober up. Best thing is don’t go to the pub. It’s too easy to get smashed and forget to follow the rules. 

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

We are all feeccckked if we are listening to Trump now. 

What he says is correct though 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Some of what he says is true!  Some of it is a guess. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

👏 some sense. I myself have let my guard down a few times due to beers. Annoyed with myself when I sober up. Best thing is don’t go to the pub. It’s too easy to get smashed and forget to follow the rules. 

I’ve done it too and witnessed it despite the best efforts of the staff and the establishment. Allowing them to stay open and sell meals and no alcohol during the day might help with the problems of loneliness though. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Then he can be thankful of what they get in comparison to Merseyside & Lancashire as a whole, shut up, & do his job. He's tried. He's failed. He can now get on and do his job. 

We're all going to take a hit more or less. No-one's going to be happy. ****. Wait until the financial package for Scotland going into Tier's are announced next week.

Folk will be screaming blue murder on here and social media, should Greater Glasgow receive more, disproportionately to Edinburgh & Lothian.

Feel bad for them. But they're out of my mind. 

As often has to be said, it's very much in your mind. 

Making the effort to post about it several times. Unless you just took the chance to have a go at the Labour Party. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

There isn't enough army left. They'd get a ****ing scudding. 

Exactly, there’s only around £100k and stationed around the world. How are that many going to stretch around the U.K. 😆

51 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Andy Burnham and the council leaders in Greater Manchester have made it clear they will implement the Tier 3 lockdown. 

17 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

There are (probably) far more respectable people you could've quoted to push your point :lol: plenty folk are against lockdowns.

33 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Is your caravan park closed?

Edited by kila

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Viva the revolution.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic