Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ll just have to go for coffee and cake.

Whoopee f*****g do.

You can buy drink and pour it into a glass at home, ye know. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm off to the pub this afternoon, for some food & a couple of drinks. 

Quite looking forward to it. Back home in time for the Hearts match.

Bliss.

Good to see you supporting the local economy.

Enjoy your day.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You can buy drink and pour it into a glass at home, ye know. 

giphy.gif

Nah!

My local needs me.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

So it’s just owners of pubs or restaurants that can get fecked is it? :lol: I care about all sorts of businesses unlike you ya🤡my sister’s beauty salon has had some difficult times and she’s not had much help and I know one or two others who have struggled. There’s a even a few on here who’ve lost their jobs but it’s all about pubs for you. You’re an utter dingle mate. 

Pubs will re open. But people will just have to make do, without. 

Pubs seems to be your thing. 

Anyway here's a wee song for the people missing the fun. 

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

So it’s just owners of pubs or restaurants that can get fecked is it? :lol: I care about all sorts of businesses unlike you ya🤡my sister’s beauty salon has had some difficult times and she’s not had much help and I know one or two others who have struggled. There’s a even a few on here who’ve lost their jobs but it’s all about pubs for you. You’re an utter dingle mate. 

Beauty salon in Scotland? Good luck with that. 

Building sites were shut for 4 months, don't remember anyone crying about or for those folk. 

Anyway, I'm away to tile this garage for a few hunner quid. 

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Barack said:

👍🏻 Best of it...I'm not even paying for it. She's treating me.

Dunno what I've done wrong! :lol:

It’s certainly more enjoyable when someone else is paying for it.

🍺🍷👍

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s certainly more enjoyable when someone else is paying for it.

🍺🍷👍

Like the government. 

:cheers:

Captain Sausage
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Beauty salon in Scotland? Good luck with that. 

Building sites were shut for 4 months, don't remember anyone crying about or for those folk. 

Which rule was it that closed building sites? I’m not aware that was ever the case. 

Governor Tarkin
43 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sorry for your sister. It's been shite for the small salon owners. My Mrs had her own wee mobile beauty business along with being a subbie around a couple of salons until recently. She recieved **** all help during the enforced shut down, and to add insult to injury she's still had to pay a portion of tax an NI up front - despite having no earnings - in order to recieve maternity pay for the upcoming baby. It's a farce. Boo fekin hoo.

34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Beauty salon in Scotland? Good luck with that

What's that? Jock wummin no tidy enough to be independent? Don't judge them all by yer Paisley hoorbags standards.

Mind and no tan your wrists on a sharp bit of tile, mate. 👍

43 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm off to the pub this afternoon, for some food & a couple of drinks. 

Quite looking forward to it. Back home in time for the Hearts match.

Bliss.

A genuinely heartwarming tale to take the sting out of ausseh's shitshow.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not sure which poster is more of an arse.

The gif loving independence chaser or JiH.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

They’re scallywags.

26 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sorry for your sister. It's been shite for the small salon owners. My Mrs had her own wee mobile beauty business along with being a subbie around a couple of salons until recently. She recieved **** all help during the enforced shut down, and to add insult to injury she's still had to pay a portion of tax an NI up front - despite having no earnings - in order to recieve maternity pay for the upcoming baby. It's a farce. Boo fekin hoo.

What's that? Jock wummin no tidy enough to be independent? Don't judge them all by yer Paisley hoorbags standards.

Canadian 👍.  

I've a Stanley, fresh blade. I'll try my best. Cannae promise you, tho. 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I've a Stanley, fresh blade. I'll try my best. Cannae promise you, tho. 

576d624d21579_201.jpg

I know I can coun't on you to do your best, mate. 👍

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Barack said:

👍🏻 Best of it...I'm not even paying for it. She's treating me.

Dunno what she's done wrong! :lol:

😎

On 14/10/2020 at 22:43, jack D and coke said:

Yeah it’s 24/7 head battering. I watched the news last two nights and its just covid from start to finish. Like nothing else is going on in the world and nothing is making anyone ill or killing anyone anywhere. I’ve even stopped listening to the radio at work atm it’s just ****ing relentless. 

Yep relentless 

I know she is a right winger but she really knows her stuff and gets torn into some MPs ...well worth a watch.  

14 hours ago, jonesy said:

Why would they need that? They can just use FaceTime or WhatsApp. Who needs physical contact with others? That's so 2019. 

Youll be lucky if any of the older people have a Nokia circa 2001 ..maybe a fancy flip one ...i recall being so excited with mine lol

10 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

The MSM have been warned by Ofcom that they have to stick to the government's narrative. Its basically state television.

Only talk radio asking any questions that the public want answered. 

Very true. Its been excellent. I just posted a video of Julia Hartley Brewer completely destroying a few MPs on her show this morning.  They were ripped to shreds

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Cheers fella. Hope your mrs not too stressed with the young un about ready to make an appearance. Long to go?

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Very true. Its been excellent. I just posted a video of Julia Hartley Brewer completely destroying a few MPs on her show this morning.  They were ripped to shreds

I’ve watched a few of her, of talk radio tbh. They’re about the only ones asking proper questions in all this. Everyone else just towing the line and ramping up the fear. 

9 hours ago, graygo said:

Hopefully they also told you that they can get an advanced payment which normally takes 3 days but can be paid same day in emergencies.

Edit: Having read the rest of the thread it's obvious that they didn't tell you.

I feel dirty now for seemingly sticking up for them. 🤮

No they she did mention that. Sorry I should have mentioned that as well.  However it is still a long wait to get monies which people need for day to day living and I think you can only get a certain amount of monies to see you through until your claim is fully processed.  

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No they she did mention that. Sorry I should have mentioned that as well.  However it is still a long wait to get monies which people need for day to day living and I think you can only get a certain amount of monies to see you through until your claim is fully processed.  

5 weeks is a long wait for some folk, that's why you can get an advance payment.

You can get the full amount of your first expected payment so a month's money and can arrange to pay it back over 12 months interest free.

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That Leicestershire MP seems to have no basic understanding of things at all. Just no hope with these clowns in charge. 

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

That Leicestershire MP seems to have no basic understanding of things at all. Just no hope with these clowns in charge. 

Yes she completely destroyed their arguments with the real facts and figures. Most of the MPs were just making bland statements like " infections are increasing so we have to do something about it" etc without any proper analysis of it 

40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I know she is a right winger but she really knows her stuff and gets torn into some MPs ...well worth a watch.  

Sir Bernard Jenkins - "you think people are stupid and incapable of making judgements"

Whilst arguing against being able to make their own judgements.

😂😂

It would be much easier to get on board with this all if the people arguing for it where remotely consistent and coherent. 

Edited by Taffin

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes she completely destroyed their arguments with the real facts and figures. Most of the MPs were just making bland statements like " infections are increasing so we have to do something about it" etc without any proper analysis of it 

Scary that we still have a huge percentage of the population scared shitless just because they are being told to be without any evidence.

Some people in this country are thick as mince. They deserve to stay behind the settee for the rest of their lives.

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Getting to the stage where I reckon even America has a more coherent strategy in place than our lot. 

Shut up and follow the science 🤔🤔🤔

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Shut up and follow the science 🤔🤔🤔

Exactly.  Time they used an evidence based approach. Tackle the places where it is spreading, mainly institutional settings,  and test everyone going in or out. Temperature checks every single time. It's not rocket science ffs. Locking down everyone, apart from the health, wellbeing and economic damage it brings will not stop the virus spreading in those settings.  They are simply locking down people and venues that are following the rules. National lockdowns are a cowardly, backside covering way to deal with this virus. Life has to go on as close to normal as possible 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Cheers fella. Hope your mrs not too stressed with the young un about ready to make an appearance. Long to go?

Aye she's good mate, ta. The wee one is a week or so overdue though so she's a grumpy ****. I've requested she hold on 'till after the game tonight but apart from that the sooner the better. 👍

38 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Scary that we still have a huge percentage of the population scared shitless just because they are being told to be without any evidence.

Some people in this country are thick as mince. They deserve to stay behind the settee for the rest of their lives.

For many the fear, worry & stress of catching covid will be doing more harm to their bodies than catching covid itself would.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

For many the fear, worry & stress of catching covid will be doing more harm to their bodies than catching covid itself would.

100%, the rise in mental health care issues is going to be scary. 

The future for my kids is getting bleaker by the day because we are unable to find the elixir of life for the octogenarians. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Where have you seen the data for this? I can never find it, I've looked so many times I've started to assume nobody knows.

Also what are you counting as institutional settings??

Cheers

I agree Brian, I've been looking for the data too as I think it should be, not just published, but highlighted. I'm just really applying , I hope😂, common sense. The majority of deaths thus far, we know, have been in care homes. There were also figures in England that indicated that 25% of transmissions have been from within hospitals. Add in the huge numbers in university campuses, 1000 in Newcastle alone, food processing factories etc. Those are the type of settings I'm referring to and maybe shows we should be focussing on the "k" number, so-called super spreading events rather than "r".

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye she's good mate, ta. The wee one is a week or so overdue though so she's a grumpy ****. I've requested she hold on 'till after the game tonight but apart from that the sooner the better. 👍

Good stuff man👍🏼
The feckin standard of football we’ve been served up last couple of weeks from us and the national team she’d be better manually breaking those waters around 7ish tonight and doing you a favour...

:sadrobbo:

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It absolutely will jim. Heads are wrecked. It’ll take years to roll this back imo, if ever. Some people will be scared of large groups and crowds now, thinking everyone is disease infested if they get in their space or cough or sneeze anywhere near them. 
Ive tried hard to not worry but it’s so relentless that every day you feel even slightly off you wonder if you’ve got it yourself. 
We’ve been driven mad. 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Wait are you feeling sorry for people now? What happened to your boo feckin hoo stance for anyone or business that went down the shitter?

:yas:

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The feckin standard of football we’ve been served up last couple of weeks from us and the national team she’d be better manually breaking those waters around 7ish tonight and doing you a favour...

I was walking along the street yesterday and a guy was walking parallel with me and he started coughing , but out his hand over his mouth ! I was gonna applaud him as in my experience most numpties don’t ! But thought he might think I was being facetious ! On a more serious note I can only imagine the coughing and spluttering about in the cold winter ! The paranoia will be sky high with people , as colds and the flu will

be rife 

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Completely agree , let them just stay behind the sofa 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was walking along the street yesterday and a guy was walking parallel with me and he started coughing , but out his hand over his mouth ! I was gonna applaud him as in my experience most numpties don’t ! But thought he might think I was being facetious ! On a more serious note I can only imagine the coughing and spluttering about in the cold winter ! The paranoia will be sky high with people , as colds and the flu will

be rife 

Quite ignorant behaviour, whether or not covid is about. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

be rife 

Colds and flu are so last year. If it's not Covid it's not worth a shit.

Flu deaths = happens every year, carry on.( although I would bet now that every flu death is being recorded as covid related)

Covid deaths =  hide away indefinitely.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic