Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Looking forward to a good day today . Visiting my sister , her daughter and her two wee yin’s 👍👍one of them is 8 years old and he always gives me a school update ! Last time he said school was “ok” bit think he is like most wee ones perplexed and upset about the masks , restrictions etc . What are we doing to children with this ? Tragic . Anyway  then it’s the game tonight , come on the Jambos 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Quite ignorant behaviour, whether or not covid is about. 

If you need to cough u need to cough less he out his hand over his mouth 

4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Colds and flu are so last year. If it's not Covid it's not worth a shit.

Flu deaths = happens every year, carry on.( although I would bet now that every flu death is being recorded as covid related)

Covid deaths =  hide away indefinitely.

Yes I have strong suspicion that the will

record wine flu deaths as covid . It wouldn’t surprise me . 

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Looking forward to a good day today . Visiting my sister , her daughter and her two wee yin’s 👍👍one of them is 8 years old and he always gives me a school update ! Last time he said school was “ok” bit think he is like most wee ones perplexed and upset about the masks , restrictions etc . What are we doing to children with this ? Tragic . Anyway  then it’s the game tonight , come on the Jambos 

Off to see my parents (extended household JiH) tonight for a Chinese and drinks. Mum was in hospital after having covid in May but thankfully doing well now!

Then watching the game with my old man. Really looking forward to it. Sadly the car is in for its MOT early doors so will need to keep it sensible-ish.

Enjoy your day and make the most of it!

:glorious:

5 minutes ago, LMc said:

Off to see my parents (extended household JiH) tonight for a Chinese and drinks. Mum was in hospital after having covid in May but thankfully doing well now!

Then watching the game with my old man. Really looking forward to it. Sadly the car is in for its MOT early doors so will need to keep it sensible-ish.

Enjoy your day and make the most of it!

:glorious:

Same to you bud ! 👍

It's my turn this week so a few of the boys around to mine to kick the arse out of my new beer tap while watching the game. 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺😋😋

Edited by graygo

Just now, graygo said:

It's my turn this week so a few of the boys around to mine to kick the arse out of my new beer tap while watching the game. 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺😋😋

Everton Liverpool should be a cracker! Hope you enjoy

43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree Brian, I've been looking for the data too as I think it should be, not just published, but highlighted. I'm just really applying , I hope😂, common sense. The majority of deaths thus far, we know, have been in care homes. There were also figures in England that indicated that 25% of transmissions have been from within hospitals. Add in the huge numbers in university campuses, 1000 in Newcastle alone, food processing factories etc. Those are the type of settings I'm referring to and maybe shows we should be focussing on the "k" number, so-called super spreading events rather than "r".

I work at Newcastle uni and that was only the first weeks number (1003) after the students came back, last weeks number was 740 odds, then there was Northumbria uni across the road which had even worse figures. we all got further restrictions based on this. These covid positive tests were all from Halls, as no teaching had begun, we are now only online teaching. Staff figures were 9 the first week and 7 the second week. 

The rest of us have had to suck it up and not allowed to meet pals in boozers etc (at least we can still go to the pub), madness to allow these institutions to open again, at least we may be closer to population immunity after this.

anyway of to the pub for a pub lunch, on my own 😞 

Heartsmad1874
11 minutes ago, Gone said:

Everton Liverpool should be a cracker! Hope you enjoy

Tomorrow looks like a cracking day of football. Old firm, Everton v Liverpool, Milan derby and City v Arsenal.

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You on it today? 😂👍

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, graygo said:

:yas:

:pleasing:

Wales pretending that anyone from ruk actually goes there apart from to catch a ferry, climb a mountain or get their Nat.

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

100%, the rise in mental health care issues is going to be scary. 

The future for my kids is getting bleaker by the day because we are unable to find the elixir of life for the octogenarians. 

Tbh, I've seen all ages shit scared, from 30 something to 70's & 80's.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It absolutely will jim. Heads are wrecked. It’ll take years to roll this back imo, if ever. Some people will be scared of large groups and crowds now, thinking everyone is disease infested if they get in their space or cough or sneeze anywhere near them. 
Ive tried hard to not worry but it’s so relentless that every day you feel even slightly off you wonder if you’ve got it yourself. 
We’ve been driven mad. 

Perfectly natural to wonder if you have it, when you feel a bit off now, it's a form of conditioning and is now part of your subconsciousness.

The Government, all Governments at the start of this had to scare the shit out of everyone, it was the only way they could ensure enough people would comply with the new rules, scare them half to death, put the fear of god up them, whatever it took.

Problem was they were too successful at it, and now there is still a large percentage of people who are scared senseless & it didn't matter that the very same government who scared the shit out of them in March then told them to get back out, go back to work, go to restaurants blah blah blah, for some people the fear is too deep rooted now that I think they will find it very hard to be able to function normally within society again.

It's all very very sad to see.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

This thread is the only place where I read or hear about people apparently being so shit scared of this that their lives are ruined and they won't be able to function in society ever again. It's just not true :lol: 

Scottish numbers: 16 October 2020

Summary

• 1,196 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 16.9%* of newly tested individuals [-155]
  • 9 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-4]
  • 58 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+7]
  • 629 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+28]
  • 21,057 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Thought you didn't sook?

I dont, was stating a general fact that its warmer in the house rather than going out in the cold, sorry if

you picked me up wrong, 😃.

Breakdown of new case data by NHS health board (per-100,000):

Lanarkshire 47, Greater Glasgow 35, Ayrshire & Arran 28, Dumfries & Galloway 19, Lothian 18, Tayside 15, Forth Valley 10.

All the rest: less than 10.

Well, my 16 yo has surpassed himself.

He and his other mates ordered a tesco online booze drop at a girls house using an account they set up themselves

So 10 of them went around to hers at the designated delivery time.

Bingo- party on!!

My wife, naturally insisted I gave him a row for such a hedonistic gathering of underage drinkers, indoors, in breach of regulations.

I was impressed with the ingenuity- one of them just stood behind the closed door and told the Tesco boy they were "scared you might have Covid, just leave it there"

When asked if he knew he was breaking Covid rules, he just said " Sturgeon woman said if we had any preplanned engagements to keep them, so we did"

The wife has grounded him for his law breaking , and me for laughing

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Breakdown of new case data by NHS health board (per-100,000):

Lanarkshire 47, Greater Glasgow 35, Ayrshire & Arran 28, Dumfries & Galloway 19, Lothian 18, Tayside 15, Forth Valley 10.

All the rest: less than 10.

Cheers for that, Lothian looks like it is going down if I am reading it right whilst Lanarkshire & Glasgow seem to be hovering around the same level.

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Well, my 16 yo has surpassed himself.

He and his other mates ordered a tesco online booze drop at a girls house using an account they set up themselves

So 10 of them went around to hers at the designated delivery time.

Bingo- party on!!

My wife, naturally insisted I gave him a row for such a hedonistic gathering of underage drinkers, indoors, in breach of regulations.

I was impressed with the ingenuity- one of them just stood behind the closed door and told the Tesco boy they were "scared you might have Covid, just leave it there"

When asked if he knew he was breaking Covid rules, he just said " Sturgeon woman said if we had any preplanned engagements to keep them, so we did"

Got to admire their versatility to be honest 😂

Edited by steve123

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

I work at Newcastle uni and that was only the first weeks number (1003) after the students came back, last weeks number was 740 odds, then there was Northumbria uni across the road which had even worse figures. we all got further restrictions based on this. These covid positive tests were all from Halls, as no teaching had begun, we are now only online teaching. Staff figures were 9 the first week and 7 the second week. 

The rest of us have had to suck it up and not allowed to meet pals in boozers etc (at least we can still go to the pub), madness to allow these institutions to open again, at least we may be closer to population immunity after this.

anyway of to the pub for a pub lunch, on my own 😞 

Thanks for confirming the figures. I hadn't realised that was only for 1 week. You wonder what the politicians thought would happen when the halls of residence opened up?  Did they not see this coming? Even now, they're defending it saying they wanted students to have a "semblance of university life". You'll know better than me but I'm not sure "catching Covid" was one of the selling points in the prospectus . 

Hope you enjoy your pub lunch!. Remember the early 10pm closing😄

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Thanks for confirming the figures. I hadn't realised that was only for 1 week. You wonder what the politicians thought would happen when the halls of residence opened up?  Did they not see this coming? Even now, they're defending it saying they wanted students to have a "semblance of university life". You'll know better than me but I'm not sure "catching Covid" was one of the selling points in the prospectus . 

Hope you enjoy your pub lunch!. Remember the early 10pm closing😄

I think they probably did see it as a risk but also recognised that, without halls of residence income, many Universities would not be able to function. Rightly or wrongly, education has been deemed a priority to continue, so it seems some leeway has been given to allow this to happen.

Given that you're so certain that young people are not at risk I wouldn't have thought you'd have any issue with this?

Governor Tarkin
52 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

But did he divulge whether he got his Nat King? 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

You on it today? 😂👍

Lol no predictive test 😂 I’ll have one of two later 

26 minutes ago, Gone said:

Numbers seem to be levelling out.... Touch wood

If they are I wonder how they will spin it to say that it's because of the restrictions, the ones that should take weeks to have an effect.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

This thread is the only place where I read or hear about people apparently being so shit scared of this that their lives are ruined and they won't be able to function in society ever again. It's just not true :lol: 

:spoton:

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Captain Birdseye

Good lad. 

A young gent' can never play it too safe in these troubled times. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good lad. 

A young gent' can never play it too safe in these troubled times. 

Suspect social distancing fails to apply, unless he's arms like Mr  Tickle

Governor Tarkin
Just now, doctor jambo said:

Suspect social distancing fails to apply, unless he's arms like Mr  Tickle

Or inspector Gadget.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

See the Welsh are undertaking a ‘fire break‘ and bunch of new restriction to get them to Chrmbo.

'Fire break' :rofl:

At least all the inventive new names for half-arsed lockdowns that we have to look forward to over the coming months should provide a small measure of amusement. We should run a sweep on the most ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You finished that garage already? 

11 o'clock this morning. I'm down the phoenix(choc a bloc as usual) watching the world go by, as my Mrs gets me some goodies for the Hearts game, before grabbing a large big mac meal and milk shake for ma dinner. 

Doing strip and retile at the weekend. Then Monday off to haunt this place. :D

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

If they are I wonder how they will spin it to say that it's because of the restrictions, the ones that should take weeks to have an effect.

Uni's are all corona'd out

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Cheers for that, Lothian looks like it is going down if I am reading it right whilst Lanarkshire & Glasgow seem to be hovering around the same level.

Hi Steve. To be honest, I just do a few calculations and post the results, so haven't been following the individual stats very closely (apart from my local council which is in neither Lothian nor the west). I only get a "feel" for where the stats are heading. However Lothian is definitely in a better place than it was just a wee while ago. The rate in Lanarkshire is actually down 10 from yesterday. If I had the time, what I would do is calculate the 7-day rolling averages for the NHS boards - comparing these average figures on a daily basis would give a far better idea of the movement. The Travelling Tabby site does have a handy bar chart showing the history of new cases in each local council area but doesn't show a 7-day rolling average on that chart nor, I think, does it show that data per-capita.

21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

'Fire break' :rofl:

At least all the inventive new names for half-arsed lockdowns that we have to look forward to over the coming months should provide a small measure of amusement. We should run a sweep on the most ridiculous. 

I'm up for a "national social timeout". You heard it here first. ;)

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Hi Steve. To be honest, I just do a few calculations and post the results, so haven't been following the individual stats very closely (apart from my local council which is in neither Lothian nor the west). I only get a "feel" for where the stats are heading. However Lothian is definitely in a better place than it was just a wee while ago. The rate in Lanarkshire is actually down 10 from yesterday. If I had the time, what I would do is calculate the 7-day rolling averages for the NHS boards - comparing these average figures on a daily basis would give a far better idea of the movement. The Travelling Tabby site does have a handy bar chart showing the history of new cases in each local council area but doesn't show a 7-day rolling average on that chart nor, I think, does it show that data per-capita.

Brilliant cheers for the info 

36 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol no predictive test 😂 I’ll have one of two later 

Hope it's negative 🤣

Enjoy your evening later. Treat yourself and have 2 of 2 👍👍

I'm one to talk, my predictive text sees me making endless edits when I post on here and half the time it is still wrong!

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Would be all over the media if that happened surely....

FB_IMG_1602860304604.jpg

21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hope it's negative 🤣

Enjoy your evening later. Treat yourself and have 2 of 2 👍👍

I'm one to talk, my predictive text sees me making endless edits when I post on here and half the time it is still wrong!

Lol did I again ! 😂

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Six months to a years time, we'll see who is right.........then I'll accept your apology.

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Excellent typo. Had this a fair few times tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Excellent typo. Had this a fair few times tbh.

😂😂😂 it would be a nice way to go I suppose 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Six months to a years time, we'll see who is right.........then I'll accept your apology.

Open everything up if that’s the case eh. It’d be interesting to say the least. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Open everything up if that’s the case eh. It’d be interesting to say the least. 

Think we are past the point of no return now when it comes to opening things back up. Next year is likely a write off anaw. 

I know, I am a ray of sunshine 🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic