Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not now, Boris has swatted Wee Burney aside and is punting Hands Face Space on TV. Have you not seen it? Easy to remember...another classic hit from Dom Cummings.  Get Brexit Done,  Take Back Control, Hands Face Space

You forgot Indyref2's

Tick Tock!!! 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

No face coverings needed during your wedding.

Face coverings needed in work canteens and any corridors.

Maybe if workplaces are that unsafe they should be shut.

That's just bringing workplaces in line with what you do in cafes and pubs etc. Wear mask if not sitting down.

We started that at work this week. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Deaths today 13, so that suggests things are accelerating unfortunately, maybe we should have listened sooner?

Going by the 1st wave I don't think this falls by itself, the restrictions are now looking more and more necessary, the question is are the ones we have in place correct and will people follow them.

Or maybe they won’t make a blind but of difference ? Just playing devils advocate 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Deaths today 13, so that suggests things are accelerating unfortunately, maybe we should have listened sooner?

Going by the 1st wave I don't think this falls by itself, the restrictions are now looking more and more necessary, the question is are the ones we have in place correct and will people follow them.

They won’t follow them. That’s why they aren’t correct. However amount of enforcement they throw at them won’t matter. Folk don’t like their freedoms being taken away. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

I was watching the briefing and burst out laughing when the “ big announcement “ was made regarding masks ! To be Married couples can now kiss each other once they have been officially married , they are allowed to take their masks off ! Talk about the nanny state , 😂

I was laughing too James. Arrant nonsense.  The nanny state gone mad. Surprised there weren't guidelines for the wedding night

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I wouldn't worry, it'll hit them first. The normal folk will be just fine. 

Deep breath anti masketeers. Go on, you know you want to. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We're not.   Back then we had a general lockdown to eventually drive down the virus.   We don't have anything like the same lockdown to do the job this time.   We're also on the verge of the winter and winter flu.   

Sorry but we are simply not in a strong position.

I agree with this. We are being sold a pup, as long as we have movement of people we will have the virus. As policy stands, vaccine is the only way forward. 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not good at all

also puts the nonsense about nobody dying from this to bed too

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You forgot Indyref2's

Tick Tock!!! 

Mate I’m afraid that’s pie in the sky now as the Achilles heel of the last Ref will be the economy ! And now that’s to complete pot . No way will people be voting for Indy well certainly the voters who were contemplating it . That ship has sailed . Nicky has been exceptional in her presentation in the daily briefings but that won’t be of interest in a campaign for Indy . I voted Yes and I’ll still vote Yes but the majority won’t when push comes to shove in my humble opinion . 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

17 yesterday 13 today how’s that “ accelerating “ ? 

It was 15 yesterday. With things like this, it's probably better to look at 7-day rolling averages anyway in order to iron out the vagaries of daily data. Before today, the 7-day rolling average for deaths was 5.6. Today it is 6.7, and a look at the data shows an upward trend over the last few weeks.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It was 15 yesterday. With things like this, it's probably better to look at 7-day rolling averages anyway in order to iron out the vagaries of daily data. Before today, the 7-day rolling average for deaths was 5.6. Today it is 6.7, and a look at the data shows an upward trend over the last few weeks.

👍

2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

He’s. A real ray of sunshine isn’t he . Must be a real laugh in the pub if he drinks 

Lol he entertaining and he keeps reminding us to be safe so he must be a very caring guy 👍

5 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

I agree with this. We are being sold a pup, as long as we have movement of people we will have the virus. As policy stands, vaccine is the only way forward. 

Yep.   If viewed from the perspective of vaccines coming fairly soon (less than a year) then the current firefighting exercise is largely the right policy.   It's the specific measures under the over-arching policy that are key.    If no vaccines then eventually something else must replace the current policy.   It would need to move very carefully over to a massive regime of fast result testing and a rock solid regime of tracing and isolating.   People will then get their wish about restrictions being relaxed.    

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

He’s. A real ray of sunshine isn’t he . Must be a real laugh in the pub if he drinks 

He's not the only one. The propencity for gloom displayed by a number of posters is actually worrying. I always thought that I erred on the side of pessimism, but it turns out I'm a relative big ball of ****ing sunshine.

10 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Damn, misunderstood who a post was aimed at (I thought this comment was aimed at the Governor). Need to go and have a coffee. :)

Edited by redjambo

Just looking for a Kickback response as a steer and knowing someone will probably know the answer. Not using it in place of official guidance. Disclaimer over.

Situation is I've had Covid, diagnosed, full shebang. I understand I still need to isolate if someone in my bubble gets it.

Daughter lives with her mother whose bubble friend has now been diagnosed. Her mother has recent contact with diseased friend, child doesn't. Her mother now has symptoms. Child doesn't but has to isolate. Fine.

Question is, since my daughter is in my bubble is her potentially riddled mother by extension a part of my bubble too? Or is it enough that my daughter has been potentially exposed? How far down the line do the bubbles go? Hope that makes sense to someone 😁 Finding it difficult to untangle the official advice on my particular situation.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Damn, misunderstood who a post was aimed at!

Better watch out might be a symptom of covid lol brain fogging ! 

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He's not the only one. The propencity for gloom displayed by a number of posters is actually worrying. I always thought that I erred on the side of pessimism, but it turns out I'm a relative big ball of ****ing sunshine.

I’ve always been a positive person and will remain so it’s helped me through life so far ! I’ll continue to be this way 

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Decent enough statement from the fish. Confirmed a new strategy will be develop for how we live with COVID. This is going to be cross party and receive some scrutiny in parliament. That for me is encouraging it also suggests taking a lot more of a long term view towards this. 

The strategy is going to be some form of tiered restriction system it seems. I think travel is very likely to start being limited between the UK and between health board and perhaps even more. 

It seems like we’re in for a tough winter and will be living under relatively severe restrictions. 

Yet still allowing flights from other countries? 

Thought this was the United Kingdom yet I am not even allowed to travel freely around my own country. 

I’ll say it again. Close the borders, lockdown until the virus is suppressed again and reopen everything. Allow and encourage travel around the UK and wait the ****ing thing out. 

1 minute ago, Robbofan99 said:

Better watch out might be a symptom of covid lol brain fogging ! 

:) I'll get that rectal thermometer out of my drawer toot sweet!

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Na...funny or no that won’t cut any ice once he pishes on you👎🏼

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Could one of our journalists just ask the FM - why is test and trace not working and why havent you fixed it ? - theres plenty people doing nothing at the moment who could help - if the army cant cope (and please dont use Westminster as an excuse in your answer) Countries who have it under control have effective Test and Trace and you have just waffled about it for months now 

WHATS THE SCORE NICKY ???

Willie Rennie must read JKB - well done Willie 

response as expected - its working fine - waffle waffle - UK government waffle waffle 

FAILED AGAIN NIcky 

6 minutes ago, Smack said:

Just looking for a Kickback response as a steer and knowing someone will probably know the answer. Not using it in place of official guidance. Disclaimer over.

Situation is I've had Covid, diagnosed, full shebang. I understand I still need to isolate if someone in my bubble gets it.

Daughter lives with her mother whose bubble friend has now been diagnosed. Her mother has recent contact with diseased friend, child doesn't. Her mother now has symptoms. Child doesn't but has to isolate. Fine.

Question is, since my daughter is in my bubble is her potentially riddled mother by extension a part of my bubble too? Or is it enough that my daughter has been potentially exposed? How far down the line do the bubbles go? Hope that makes sense to someone 😁 Finding it difficult to untangle the official advice on my particular situation.

As long as you don’t have symptoms I doubt  you have to isolate I don’t think. I mean that would be beyond ridiculous if you had to Imo

Edited by AlimOzturk

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Smack said:

Well firstly I think you should be aware of a 2nd, 3rd and 4th infection, you’ll never be clear of this. Also long covid will utterly destroy your health and lastly it’s quite clear you’ve been pissing it up at parties and in boozers so hell mend you bruv😐

::troll::

(Hope you’re all ok man👍🏼)

Edited by jack D and coke

16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Decent enough statement from the fish. Confirmed a new strategy will be develop for how we live with COVID. This is going to be cross party and receive some scrutiny in parliament. That for me is encouraging it also suggests taking a lot more of a long term view towards this. 

The strategy is going to be some form of tiered restriction system it seems. I think travel is very likely to start being limited between the UK and between health board and perhaps even more. 

It seems like we’re in for a tough winter and will be living under relatively severe restrictions. 

Yes this is good news. It’s. A national emergency so it’s imperative that all parties are involved in devious made for transparency and accountability . 

9 minutes ago, Smack said:

Have the contact tracers not been in contact with your daughter's mother? They would have been able to determine whether they thought you were enough of a contact to warrant isolation. If they didn't contact you, or advise that you isolate, then perhaps you don't need to.

Another solution is to get tested yourself and go with that result.

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Well firstly I think you should be aware of a 2nd, 3rd and 4th infection, you’ll never be clear of this. Also long covid will utterly destroy your health and lastly it’s quite clear you’ve been pissing it up at parties and in boozers so hell mend you bruv😐

::troll::

(Hope you’re all ok man👍🏼)

I'm all good. I detailed mein kampff about 40 pages back in a heart rending tale. Didn't even go to a boozer or any parties which is the fun way to catch it 😁

16 minutes ago, Smack said:

From what I understand it would only be if your daughter had symptoms and you've seen her recently.  

Might've changed since I last looked but I thought it was just direct bubble/ household had symptoms, or if track and trace contacted you. If the mother actually tests positive then you might indirectly be a close contact.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Smack said:

I'm all good. I detailed mein kampff about 40 pages back in a heart rending tale. Didn't even go to a boozer or any parties which is the fun way to catch it 😁

:lol: good stuff man👍🏼

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Have the contact tracers not been in contact with your daughter's mother? They would have been able to determine whether they thought you were enough of a contact to warrant isolation. If they didn't contact you, or advise that you isolate, then perhaps you don't need to.

Another solution is to get tested yourself and go with that result.

Information is hard to come by from the mother. It's all developed today, she hasn't been tested yet but is booked.

I suppose me getting a test would be the quickest way to not have to isolate. Thanks for the reply.

42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was watching the briefing and burst out laughing when the “ big announcement “ was made regarding masks ! To be Married couples can now kiss each other once they have been officially married , they are allowed to take their masks off ! Talk about the nanny state , 😂

Unbelievable that you had to wear a mask when getting married to the person You had been kissing and probably going down on the night before 😂😂

And yet again some arsehole msp asks if the OF game should be free to view.

Well there you go, NS has called on Sky to make it free to view. 

:facepalm:

Edited by graygo

48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I missed the briefing today, surely she didn't come out with that...................away to feck........did she  :rofl:

Heartsmad1874

At local chinese picking up some lunch and they operate a one customer in store at a time policy and have to wear a face covering. Must go totally out the window at lunchtime for schoolbairns.

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

Why does that make them an arsehole? If the game was free to air there would be no reason for people to go to pubs or other houses to watch it

It makes them an arsehole because the subject was discussed yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Why does that make them an arsehole? If the game was free to air there would be no reason for people to go to pubs or other houses to watch it

Indeed. It's actually a very good suggestion.

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Lube up, folks...

Screenshot_20201015-131449_Twitter.jpg

Some will be lucky to be open again this year, for others they'll never open up again.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Judging by this thread some folk are gagging for it.

I personally don't mind a temporary limitation of my personal freedoms if I believe that such a limitation will result in restricting the spread of Covid.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I wonder if she's going to bring in a drinks limit for individuals.

You are probably closer to the truth than you think, sir.

44 minutes ago, Smack said:

My understanding is your daughter and her mother would both be counted in your bubble, as you are only allowed one bubble I don’t think she should have another bubble friend.Ps I’m not sure if that is all correct.

23 minutes ago, neal-jambos said:

From what I understand it would only be if your daughter had symptoms and you've seen her recently.  

Might've changed since I last looked but I thought it was just direct bubble/ household had symptoms, or if track and trace contacted you. If the mother actually tests positive then you might indirectly be a close contact.

Yeah, that's the ambiguity I'm trying to figure out. The lengths that woman will go to spite me 🙄😁

9 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

In the chamber by MSPs? Was it, never saw that

Are you suggesting that the MSP's don't watch the daily first minister briefings? Really?

1 minute ago, obua said:

My understanding is your daughter and her mother would both be counted in your bubble, as you are only allowed one bubble I don’t think she should have another bubble friend.Ps I’m not sure if that is all correct.

Yes. technically I don't think bubbles are allowed to overlap.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic