Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think we are past the point of no return now when it comes to opening things back up. Next year is likely a write off anaw. 

I know, I am a ray of sunshine 🤣

I agree mate lol. It was part of an earlier point I made to Jim👍🏼

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Six months to a years time, we'll see who is right.........then I'll accept your apology.

I'll have forgotten about this by then but it's worth noting that anxiety, particularly of the health and social variety, was already very prevalent before all this and will continue to be prevalent after this. If you turn out be right I hope it at least results in more help being available for those that need it. 

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'll have forgotten about this by then but it's worth noting that anxiety, particularly of the health and social variety, was already very prevalent before all this and will continue to be prevalent after this. If you turn out be right I hope it at least results in more help being available for those that need it. 

Indeed, we can but hope that is the case.

4 hours ago, graygo said:

It's my turn this week so a few of the boys around to mine to kick the arse out of my new beer tap while watching the game. 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺😋😋

If the boys are clean, you only need to worry about the result.

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If only we could shorten the first two words somehow.

When I added "national" to my original idea of "social timeout" (after discovering it already exists), I did wonder if anyone would comment on that. You didn't let me down, jonesy! :)

I like @Lord BJ's "r reset", but would also suggest "r switch". Although I personally am supportive of Nicola, those who aren't would really enjoy that term as it probably reflects what they think of her anyway.

48 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Shook someone’s hand today. It was all a bit surreal. 

Decided just to sanitise the hand as opposed to cutting the arm off, might have been a mistake.

Pray for me lads or pray that I die to teach me a proper lesson🤷🏻‍♂️

Self-immolation is the only proper response, I would imagine. ;) 

Rangers fans snapping up £37 return flights to Lanzarote to watch the OF game in The Bluebells Bar. Where there's a will, there's a way!!  A pint in the sun just now would be great, get away from the s**t show over here

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

11 o'clock this morning. I'm down the phoenix(choc a bloc as usual) watching the world go by, as my Mrs gets me some goodies for the Hearts game, before grabbing a large big mac meal and milk shake for ma dinner. 

Doing strip and retile at the weekend. Then Monday off to haunt this place. :D

Good stuff :)

Looking forward to Monday already :(

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Shook someone’s hand today. It was all a bit surreal. 

Decided just to sanitise the hand as opposed to cutting the arm off, might have been a mistake.

Pray for me lads or pray that I die to teach me a proper lesson🤷🏻‍♂️

Strictly speaking,  you should be self isolating, with your arm in a sling, for 2 weeks after shaking hands. But, I'm sure a drop of sanitiser will suffice👍

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think we are past the point of no return now when it comes to opening things back up. Next year is likely a write off anaw. 

I know, I am a ray of sunshine 🤣

Yeah i think people have just been beaten into submission and are now passive and lethargic about the restrictions and just accepting it.

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Self-immolation is the only proper response, I would imagine. ;) 

Wheres Jambo 4 ever when you need him? He will be able to advise you of the procedures now that you have possibly been infected....

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Wheres Jambo 4 ever when you need him? He will be able to advise you of the procedures now that you have possibly been infected....

Maybe he's in jail.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Rangers fans snapping up £37 return flights to Lanzarote to watch the OF game in The Bluebells Bar. Where there's a will, there's a way!!  A pint in the sun just now would be great, get away from the s**t show over here

That brings back a horrible but funny memory.  I was there a few years ago and in that bar.  I was waiting on a mate as we were watching the Hearts Rangers match.  Obviously the bar was jam packed with Gers fans.  I think i was the only Jambo  so i tried to keep it quiet. However Hearts scored ( cant remember who ) and I hollered and shouted " YES"....unluckily for me a morbidly obese,  repulsive tattooed bald headed Rangers fan around mid 50s shouted " Right who the **** was that?  " The pub went deadly quiet and I dont mind admitting i was shitting myself..However he was so pissed he stood up from his seat and feel face first right into the table and he was sparkled on the floor within seconds...this gave me time to make a sharp exit... it was hysterical really...

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe he's in jail.

hopefully in a socially distanced cell?

Konrad von Carstein
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

This has to be a new urban myth surely?

I was just trying to explain how moronic rangers & celtic supporters can be, with reference to the plans to jolly off to Blackpool,  to Mrs KvC (she's Polish and can't get her head round it) and now your post pops up...and I read it out to her, she has just blurted out a lot of words containing lots of C's & Z's with a perplexed look on her face...

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

The bar also has a massive framed picture of the auld trout in the loo...just above the lavvy pan...im sure a few people may have pissed on it... :) 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah i think people have just been beaten into submission and are now passive and lethargic about the restrictions and just accepting it.

There is always a breaking point for a society. I think that is why governments are avoiding this so called circuit breaker and trying to avoid using terms like lockdown 2 etc...they are feared they will lose control. An angry rebellion isn’t what they want. 

it is what we should be considering however. 

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That brings back a horrible but funny memory.  I was there a few years ago and in that bar.  I was waiting on a mate as we were watching the Hearts Rangers match.  Obviously the bar was jam packed with Gers fans.  I think i was the only Jambo  so i tried to keep it quiet. However Hearts scored ( cant remember who ) and I hollered and shouted " YES"....unluckily for me a morbidly obese,  repulsive tattooed bald headed Rangers fan around mid 50s shouted " Right who the **** was that?  " The pub went deadly quiet and I dont mind admitting i was shitting myself..However he was so pissed he stood up from his seat and feel face first right into the table and he was sparkled on the floor within seconds...this gave me time to make a sharp exit... it was hysterical really...

Similar tale when i was in Sydney last year watching the 1-1 game at Tynie when Meshino scored, i was celebrating shouting yass and a Rangers fan said 'ye ken this is a Rangers pub ae' :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Similar tale when i was in Sydney last year watching the 1-1 game at Tynie when Meshino scored, i was celebrating shouting yass and a Rangers fan said 'ye ken this is a Rangers pub ae' :lol: 

lol yeah its just a natural instinct to whoop when we score...but clearly was the wrong place to do so. He really was a repulsive scum bag.

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There is always a breaking point for a society. I think that is why governments are avoiding this so called circuit breaker and trying to avoid using terms like lockdown 2 etc...they are feared they will lose control. An angry rebellion isn’t what they want. 

Its a strong possibility i think .

23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And 2 weeks quarantine on return??

I'm booked for week in Tenerife for 1st week in November. Ain't going to happen though. Was hoping the Canaries would get exemption, not looking likely.

But, can someone help me understand why ****ing Gibraltar gets exemption..

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/16/tfl-will-run-out-of-money-on-saturday-without-bailout-putting-tube-and-bus-services-at-risk-13434398/

Jeez, one of the largest funded transport operators is about to run out of money 'tomorrow'.

Boohoo, all the staff who lose their jobs can just retrain and so can those who rely on it to get to work. Better yet they can all ride bicycles to the job centre to get fit at the same time. 

27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

🤣. That's a great story James.  I can picture the scene. Bet he was called "Billy" too

15 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

And 2 weeks quarantine on return??

I'm booked for week in Tenerife for 1st week in November. Ain't going to happen though. Was hoping the Canaries would get exemption, not looking likely.

But, can someone help me understand why ****ing Gibraltar gets exemption..

I don't understand that at all. They've got a high rate of cases last time I looked. Unless it's considered as travelling within the UK?? 

29 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

This has to be a new urban myth surely?

I was just trying to explain how moronic rangers & celtic supporters can be, with reference to the plans to jolly off to Blackpool,  to Mrs KvC (she's Polish and can't get her head round it) and now your post pops up...and I read it out to her, she has just blurted out a lot of words containing lots of C's & Z's with a perplexed look on her face...

😁. Yes, I can imagine it being difficult to explain. Was curva (not sure of the spelling) one of the "c" words😎

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Boohoo, all the staff who lose their jobs can just retrain and so can those who rely on it to get to work. Better yet they can all ride bicycles to the job centre to get fit at the same time. 

Exactly. More Tory bullshit about retraining and getting on your bike. Straight out of Thatchers 1980’s playbook. 

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😁. Yes, I can imagine it being difficult to explain. Was curva (not sure of the spelling) one of the "c" words😎

Kurwa and aye that was front and centre! :lol:

43 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Maybe tried to tell some old chainsmoking asthmatic granny to get her mask on, only to then find out that she's the sensei at the local over 60's karate club.

23 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We?

An angry rebellion amid a relentless 2nd wave...priceless...Pricless.jpg.942ec6c0b8b6b4d9712cf55547856bb3.jpg

51 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣. That's a great story James.  I can picture the scene. Bet he was called "Billy" too

Yes it was like high noon in the pub when he asked who shouted ! Repulsive bully but like I said hysterical when he splattered to the ground 😂😂

53 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ps I didn’t stay to ask his name but strong possibility he was called Billy 😂

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe tried to tell some old chainsmoking asthmatic granny to get her mask on, only to then find out that she's the sensei at the local over 60's karate club.

😂.

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

To be fair, if that was Hearts I'd be doing that.

Edit: Sorry, I'm pished. No I wouldn't be doing that unless it was the only way to watch the game.

Edited by graygo

9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good stuff :)

Looking forward to Monday already :(

:rofl:

I'm not talking to the Mrs, I feel asleep and missed the game. She promised to wake me up. "Oh sorry, I forgot" 

Did you enjoy your legacies box set, I said :yadayada: When to watch it on catch up, and it's not there. 😭

Hey, maybe I should fall asleep aw the time, if we're gonnae score 6. 🤔

Anyway, apologies folks, especially Jack for being an arse at times. Just don't greet about not getting for a pint and I'll stay quiet. :)

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

According to some reports the govt looking to rebrand the term circuit breaker to a ‘moment of national reset’. 

Klaatu and Gort will land their flying saucer in Hyde Park and we'll have a Day The Earth Stood still(*).

* may be extended to 3 weeks.

20 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Thanks for confirming the figures. I hadn't realised that was only for 1 week. You wonder what the politicians thought would happen when the halls of residence opened up?  Did they not see this coming? Even now, they're defending it saying they wanted students to have a "semblance of university life". You'll know better than me but I'm not sure "catching Covid" was one of the selling points in the prospectus . 

Hope you enjoy your pub lunch!. Remember the early 10pm closing😄

Just been browsing the prospectus and funnily enough no mention of viruses then imprisonment.

managed to stay in boozer until just before ko, then home for some nice beers to watch us pump scumdee. 

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm not talking to the Mrs, I feel asleep and missed the game. She promised to wake me up. "Oh sorry, I forgot" 

Did you enjoy your legacies box set, I said :yadayada: When to watch it on catch up, and it's not there. 😭

Hey, maybe I should fall asleep aw the time, if we're gonnae score 6. 🤔

Anyway, apologies folks, especially Jack for being an arse at times. Just don't greet about not getting for a pint and I'll stay quiet. :)

I nearly send you a PM yesterday to apologise (nearly 😄

Honestly I just need to learn to stay off this thread, it drains me and then I’ll drain others.

Have a good weekend man. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

According to some reports the govt looking to rebrand the term circuit breaker to a ‘moment of national reset’. 

I'm also hearing that Sturgeon intends to brand the compulsory vaccine program as the 'Final Solution'.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm also hearing that Sturgeon intends to brand the compulsory vaccine program as the 'Final Solution'.

:lol:

The Mighty Thor

😄

17 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

😂😂

The Natural Order

Aye, with free rail travel to get your vaccine as well!!!

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Aye, with free rail travel to get your vaccine as well!!!

Credit where it's due, what a fantastic initiative. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I nearly send you a PM yesterday to apologise (nearly 😄

Honestly I just need to learn to stay off this thread, it drains me and then I’ll drain others.

Have a good weekend man. 

Same bud. I can be a right fud at times. 

👍

Nucky Thompson

Chinese citizens were queuing up for their covid vaccine this morning.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds 

Scottish numbers: 17 October 2020

Summary

• 1,167 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 17.6%* of newly tested individuals [-29]
  • 15 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+6]
  • 62 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19** [+4]
  • 675 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19** [+46]
  • 15,089 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic