Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

luckyBatistuta
35 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As aussieh says though mate, boo feckin hoo for you. 

Aye, might be on the dole for the first time in my life if this keeps up. Where’s the money going to come from to support the mass unemployment if we continue down this path. I honestly worry about my mum and dad, they’re old and don’t keep well, but the whole country and economy is falling apart. There is no vaccine and it’s just repeating the same stuff that makes little difference.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The caring face of society speaks.

Aw didims you need a cuddle. It’s life! Canny throw others lives away so folk. An have a pint and someone can have a minimum wage job. Sorry but there’s plenty jobs in other sectors. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Aye they were that. Regardless of the thoughts on AS it was and looks ever more likely a real hatchet job on him. Again also regardless of opinions on him Salmond got them to the lofty extremely positions they find themselves in and they shouldn’t forget it. Peter Murrell seems a pretty nasty individual. 

Murrell is the power behind everything that SNP do and decide. Won't stand for any public office but instead, pulls strings behind scenes, exactly like Cummings down South.

If you don't toe line, then Murrell ensures you are finished as he holds the dirt on all of them.

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

So I listened to Jason Leitch this morning, 

The plan is this sharp shock will bring down the virus to levels so that we can control it again. 

That plan doesn’t really stand up to much scrutiny, we couldn’t control after a complete lockdown, whilst growing evidence that restrictions don’t work well. 

None of this makes any sense.

We did control it for a while. I suppose the hope is that this time people have learnt they need to remain diligent even when the numbers dip. I doubt they have though.

Edited by Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's not capitalism when the government interferes to the degree they have done. It's mismanaged central government.

The government have to constantly make decisions that effect the economy. Where you been. 

What would the other choice do to the Government opinion poll, jobs and folks mental health. I am sure you’d all be on here singing Sturgeons  praises when we are all prematurely burying our parents / grandparents. FFS what do folk not get. 

Edited by spirt of 98

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Aye, might be on the dole for the first time in my life if this keeps up. Where’s the money going to come from to support the mass unemployment if we continue down this path. I honestly worry about my mum and dad, they’re old and don’t keep well, but the whole country and economy is falling apart. There is no vaccine and it’s just repeating the same stuff that makes little difference.

The problem is that political decisions are being made to keep students at university by closing hospitality.  The two are not linked and there is no evidence to back up claims.

I read something on the BBC yesterday that was embarassing trying to justify closing hospitality using circumstantial evidence to say that the R number increased once hospitality reopened while ignoring everything else that reopened and lack of enforcement of existing policies on social distancing and face masks.

I get it everyone needs someone to blame. You’d think Sturgeon ate the bat. 

Edited by spirt of 98

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's not capitalism when the government interferes to the degree they have done. It's mismanaged central government.

:spoton:

1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

I get it everyone needs someone to blame. 

So you accept that the SG have been proven to be utterly incompetent at managing the crisis?

husref musemic
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Indeed. Today was the first time I've heard Leonard speak. He's dreadful. No matter his own party don't want him. Douglas Ross looks and talks like a rent boy. Willie Rennie has all the charisma and charm of a run-over hedgehog. Scottish politics is dire. Sturgeon wins by being not as bad as the rest.

unfortunately for labour atm Leonard is 1) English & 2) utterly woeful so the SNP get a free run & NS can happily spend hours every day on the telly.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The problem is that political decisions are being made to keep students at university by closing hospitality.  The two are not linked and there is no evidence to back up claims.

I read something on the BBC yesterday that was embarassing trying to justify closing hospitality using circumstantial evidence to say that the R number increased once hospitality reopened while ignoring everything else that reopened and lack of enforcement of existing policies on social distancing and face masks.

The hard facts are we need to educate our young more than we need a pint or a barmaids job. If we don’t educate our people who will find the vaccines in the future or do all the other amazing things we do as a race. 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Aw didims you need a cuddle. It’s life! Canny throw others lives away so folk. An have a pint and someone can have a minimum wage job. Sorry but there’s plenty jobs in other sectors. 

Great news, where are all these jobs that people can have? Happy to go without pint for as long as it takes to resolve all illness such as cancer or are we only focus sing on Covid, which seems to effect far fewer people, but is a bit of a headline grabber.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

So you accept that the SG have been proven to be utterly incompetent at managing the crisis?

No.

I think they have made choices not every choice has been perfect but they are doing their best like most western governments they don’t have all the answers. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great news, where are all these jobs that people can have? Happy to go without pint for as long as it takes to resolve all illness such as cancer or are we only focus sing on Covid, which seems to effect far fewer people, but is a bit of a headline grabber.

Tinfoil hat on aye 

Malinga the Swinga

The hard facts are we need to educate our young more than we need a pint or a barmaids job. If we don’t educate our people who will find the vaccines in the future or do all the other amazing things we do as a race. 

Good point. Care to comment on the disastrous performance on education that Scottish government has overseen? Scotland falling down ranking in education at alarming rate under watchful eye of Swinney. Actually, this is Covid thread, so best not.

I spoke to a guy I know yesterday. He is late 30s had to take 2 months off work when he had COVID 4 months later he still struggles to breathe when exercising. Walking up stairs is hard. Remember he’s late 30s and was fit until Covid struck. But Na let’s keep pubs open when the rates are rocketing and let everyone get it and take their chances eh. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Tinfoil hat on aye 

What does that even mean? Yep, we have pandemic, not denying that. When does the cure become worse than illness though? Introducing austerity to Scotland will bring more deaths but are we just ignoring that?

6 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

The young won't have any jobs to go into let alone create any vaccines.

husref musemic

No.

I think they have made choices not every choice has been perfect but they are doing their best like most western governments they don’t have all the answers. 

here's a choice they made yesterday.

No.

Their record is proven now as complete abject failure.

They are making selective punishments that aren't backed up by the data and have lost the confidence of the Scottish public.  It is flatly down to their meddling and failure to add enforcement powers on people ignoring the rules such as not allow them on public transport or into shops.

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good point. Care to comment on the disastrous performance on education that Scottish government has overseen? Scotland falling down ranking in education at alarming rate under watchful eye of Swinney. Actually, this is Covid thread, so best not.

I am not an SNP fan mate. Just sensible when it comes to COVID. As I have said I think Sturgeon has done a half decent job. She’s between a rock and a hard place. She’d clear and concise and communicates her thought to the people daily because that’s what leaders do. Not sure she really wants to be on telly daily. I am sure she’s rather not be. 

I am also sure she doesn’t want to shut football and pubs down losing votes but sometimes people sacrifice for the greater good.

Wonder if my Granddad was constantly bitching about the Governments decision to black out the country during the war screwing up the economy. 

Bet he wished he could have come on kickback like a wee girl greetin from the front lines of battle. Oh wait it’s no that bad for you lot. 

Edited by spirt of 98

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

I spoke to a guy I know yesterday. He is late 30s had to take 2 months off work when he had COVID 4 months later he still struggles to breathe when exercising. Walking up stairs is hard. Remember he’s late 30s and was fit until Covid struck. But Na let’s keep pubs open when the rates are rocketing and let everyone get it and take their chances eh. 

Exactly

Everyone MUST take this seriously 

I am not an SNP fan mate. Just sensible when it comes to COVID. As I have said I think Sturgeon has done a half decent job. She’s between a rock and a hard place. She’s clear and concise and communicates her thought to the people daily because that’s what leaders do. Not sure she really wants to be on telly daily. I am sure she’s rather not be. 

I am also sure she doesn’t want to shut football and pubs down losing votes but sometimes people sacrifice for the greater good.

Wonder if my Granddad was constantly bitching about the Governments decision to black out the country during the war screwing up the economy. 

Bet he wished he could have come on kickback like a wee girl greetin from the front lines of battle. Oh wait it’s no that bad for you lot. 

:cornette_dog:

Aligning Sturgeon + co's complete mismanagement of the crisis with the Blitz FFS! :rofl:

19 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We did control it for a while. I suppose the hope is that this time people have learnt they need to remain diligent even when the numbers dip. I doubt they have though.

That and the fact that we are at 13 % of the level of infection that we were in March, I have my doubts but they are banking on the fact they have caught it early enough to reverse rise.

Ron Burgundy

I am not an SNP fan mate. Just sensible when it comes to COVID. As I have said I think Sturgeon has done a half decent job. She’s between a rock and a hard place. She’d clear and concise and communicates her thought to the people daily because that’s what leaders do. Not sure she really wants to be on telly daily. I am sure she’s rather not be. 

Very similar situation.

Malinga the Swinga

So that's no comment on education then.

husref musemic
9 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

that's not the point though. I don't think anyone is arguing about the seriousness of it.

I'll repeat, Hospitality is responsible for 5% of infections. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

So that's no comment on education then.

This threads not about education. I am not a fan of the SNP so why would I want to defend their other policies. 

I am a fan of realism though. 

12 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

that's not the point though. I don't think anyone is arguing about the seriousness of it.

I'll repeat, Hospitality is responsible for 5% of infections. 

I would disagree with that hospitality is responsible for 0% of infections it’s the idiots within hospitality venues that can’t behave that are responsible.

What I would say is some bars were asking for this by breaking all the rules and standing by whilst the rules were broken instead of protecting their interests. Silly egg on face now! But it’s a learning curve I am sure some publicans will enforce rules when reopened.

Thats brings me to my final thought on this because you never argue with idiots I will leave you with this thought.

We are all responsible for our own actions and the consequences of these actions. Take a look at your own behaviour and ask who is to blame for all of this dragging on. I bet there’s folk slavering on here about wee Sturgeon when their behaviour is far from impeccable! 

It’s simple continue to behave the way we are and this will last years and no one wants that. Now get a life and do something constructive rather than slavering single fish in here all day about how hard it is for you ya wee lamb. 

Edited by spirt of 98

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

As aussieh says though mate, boo feckin hoo for you. 

Furlough and grants don't finish til the end of the month. 

Maybe people should have kept some money for a rainy day. 

So, again. Boo fecking hoo for folk who cannae go a fortnight without the pub. 😭

husref musemic
7 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

I would disagree with that hospitality is responsible for 0% of infections it’s the idiots within hospitality venues that can’t behave that are responsible.

What I would say is some bars were asking for this by breaking all the rules and standing by whilst the rules were broken instead of protecting their interests. Silly egg on face now! But it’s a learning curve I am sure some publicans will enforce rules when reopened.

Thats brings me to my final thought on this because you never argue with idiots I will leave you with this thought.

We are all responsible for our own actions and the consequences of these actions. Take a look at your own behaviour and ask who is to blame for all of this dragging on. I bet there’s folk slavering on here about wee Sturgeon when their behaviour is far from impeccable! 

It’s simple continue to behave the way we are and this will last years and no one wants that. No get a life and do something constructive rather than slavering single fish in here all day about how hard it is for you ya wee lamb. 

And a good day to you sir.

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

So I listened to Jason Leitch this morning, 

The plan is this sharp shock will bring down the virus to levels so that we can control it again. 

Control it with further restrictions.

34 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

You’d think Sturgeon ate the bat. 

I've never heard it called a bat before. :(

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Not sure if coincidence but the gym was absolutely dead this morning. At one point I was only person in and only seen 3 other gym goers.

They were all in Stratties getting the pints in while they still can.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’re an absolute dingle. 

Said a well known dingle of the highest order. 

Edited 1 minute ago by spirt of 98

Telt. :(

doctor jambo
54 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

It’s all economics my friend sometimes you win sometimes you loose it’s capitalism. 

Its not capitalism

Its governments closing down viable businesses driven by personal dogma

thats not even economics

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Screenshot_20201008-095411.thumb.png.3281d884c9f46ded9af2bca2f7f33ca4.png

I asked a few pages back and didn't get a response so will try and ask a bit more succinctly.

Is there a key difference between how people die from the flu and die from Covid?

Just that I do not recall the NHS having ICU units nearly full or people with flu being in an ICU unit for weeks on end and either dying or surviving and needing weeks of rehabilitation to get back to some form of normality.

This is notably to @doctor jambo or any medical professional on here

30 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Their record is proven now as complete abject failure.

They are making selective punishments that aren't backed up by the data and have lost the confidence of the Scottish public.  It is flatly down to their meddling and failure to add enforcement powers on people ignoring the rules such as not allow them on public transport or into shops.

That is unenforceable. Who is going to stop everyone going into a shop or on a bus and check their medical records?

Howdy Doody Jambo
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So, again. Boo fecking hoo for folk who cannae go a fortnight without the pub. 😭

Oh my word 

The latest graph that has been released makes interesting reading.  It shows Nicola's hair growth during lockdown

-------------------------------?WTF?------------------------------------

Start                                                                          Finish

doctor jambo
16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I asked a few pages back and didn't get a response so will try and ask a bit more succinctly.

Is there a key difference between how people die from the flu and die from Covid?

Just that I do not recall the NHS having ICU units nearly full or people with flu being in an ICU unit for weeks on end and either dying or surviving and needing weeks of rehabilitation to get back to some form of normality.

This is notably to @doctor jambo or any medical professional on here

Re the flu- people are most definately admitted to ICU with flu- they are in respiratory failure. They are ventilated and can be in there for some time until they either die or recover.

If they recover they can take months to return to normal- what people used to call convalescence.

It applies to a good many conditions- many illnesses require convalescence/ rehabilitation.

You catch pneumonia you often dont make a 100% recovery, and if you do it can take some time.

The "shock" that really old people take time to get better, or die from things that dont really harm younger people is a bit odd.

Not everyone reacts to pathogens in the same way, and its hard to predict .

eg large numbers of us carry meningitis bacteria in our throats, or MRSA on our skin (rememer MRSA? It was going to end the world)

buyt some people it kills

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Fair shout, TBF.

Wee bit of personal responsibility wouldn't go amiss.

Just like being able to decide who you mix with, when and where without your curtain twitching neighbours grassing you up.

Thats not how people react though.

WHen you think you are losing your job you get pissed or go on one last holiday, because the shit is about to hit the fan, might as well enjoy yourself

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Re the flu- people are most definately admitted to ICU with flu- they are in respiratory failure. They are ventilated and can be in there for some time until they either die or recover.

If they recover they can take months to return to normal- what people used to call convalescence.

It applies to a good many conditions- many illnesses require convalescence/ rehabilitation.

You catch pneumonia you often dont make a 100% recovery, and if you do it can take some time.

The "shock" that really old people take time to get better, or die from things that dont really harm younger people is a bit odd.

Not everyone reacts to pathogens in the same way, and its hard to predict .

eg large numbers of us carry meningitis bacteria in our throats, or MRSA on our skin (rememer MRSA? It was going to end the world)

buyt some people it kills

👍

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Right or lucky!

Can't win with you folk. 

No matter what the social media

experts will have their fixed 'opinions'. 

What would all you Social Media experts have been saying if the Governments of all the UK nations had went for the herd immunity option and it had gone

wrong ?

Folk like you spend your life criticising and bitching which is easy to do when you don't have the responsibility. 

Jambo 4 Ever
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Fair shout, TBF.

Wee bit of personal responsibility wouldn't go amiss.

Just like being able to decide who you mix with, when and where without your curtain twitching neighbours grassing you up.

No because you might accidentally infect someone else so you can’t make these decisions for yourself 

Jambo 4 Ever
29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No one :)  Happy days.

Unless you are exempt, may I remind you - it’s the LAW to wear masks in certain places so you MUST do it mate 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Unless you are exempt, may I remind you - it’s the LAW to wear masks in certain places so you MUST do it mate 

Come on it was funny at first but it’s getting boring now 

52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I've just been browsing the thread, but christ if this isn't the worst post on here.

People working in hospitality jobs and other sectors where wages are relatively low expected to have a few months living expenses tucked away for when the government decides to decimate the industry and job prospects across the board are terrible.

Maybe everyone should have made sure to have a years living costs squirrelled away then we all could have just hibernated until the virus went away.... Selfish people eh.

Booked in for a test. Developed all the symptoms. Coughing my lungs up and lost all sense of taste. 

Pretty certain this won’t kill me if it is Covid however. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic