Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Tragic? For the last 80 or 90 years in the UK the only real choice has been Conservative or Labour. It has been a pretty simple choice for me ... well at least until Corbyn forced a spoilt vote.

Not often I agree with you FA, I was a Labour card holder for around 30 years (like to think of my as self slightly left of centre) Corbyn finished the Labour Party for me, border line communist. My grandad would be turning in his grave knowing I voted Tory for the first time in my life due to not having an alternative.  I genuinely think that the SNP have ‘temporarily’ taken votes from core Labour voters due the cluster F@@@ that the party has become, fingers crossed that Sir KS can bring an alternative to the Eton Elite, as for the current leader of the Scottish Labour Party (Facepalm)

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Humza is just a stooge. SNP run by one family and they run it with iron grip. 

Stooge is the fitting description. 👍 

15 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

NS clearly said that there was no restriction to travel within Scotland, regardless of what NHS region you reside in, and that people should not cancel holidays. My mate from England (who was born in Edinburgh) has just cancelled his family trip home for this weekend. Different people have different agendas but within the UK we should all be careful and keep safe. I am not keen on NS and you seem to dislike the UK Government, regardless we should be respectful of others health by keeping safe? 

Quite funny when Annie Wells, The ST's 2nd top dog asked how the SG would educate the population as to which Health Board they reside in especially as the SG has now cancelled travel outside of your own HB region.

59 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Ok- I don’t understand it at all.

I have three kids, a wife etc

Self employed- had I lost my job due to governmental decisions I would have been entitled to nothing at all.

I would have lost my home, my cars, my kids would have lost their schooling , their friends .

I would 100% blame her government.

Covid didn’t make you unemployed , she did.

She should be looking after you.

I don’t understand the devotion 

The NHS has a no-redundancy policy and I’d be surprised if you didn’t have an income protection policy.  In fact you’d be the only GP I’d heard of that didn’t.

(I take it you’re a GP if you’re self employed)

3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

The NHS has a no-redundancy policy and I’d be surprised if you didn’t have an income protection policy.  In fact you’d be the only GP I’d heard of that didn’t.

(I take it you’re a GP if you’re self employed)

He's not talking about himself.

He is using an example of someone else that if they live in Scotland should put all blame on NS despite what is happening across the rest of the UK and the world.

Edited by DETTY29

CavySlaveJambo

Wendover Productions on youtube have interesting videos (albeit US based) on both the covid vaccine and testing. 
This is the testing one,  but the vaccine one is well worth a watch.

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Never been in but it does look like a good set up. I've been in Montpeliers several times and it's well set up, including the temperature check at the door. The dodgy dossier that the SNP used as justification has sold an entire industry down the river. 20% of the positive cases were in a hospitality venue. Where else were they?  What about the 80% that weren't.  Presumably the places they frequented will continue to be responsible for case spread.  As every pub has track and trace data, surely they can establish how many venues have had positive cases there?? If any appear regularly then investigate them and close them down if they aren't complying. It's criminal to decimate an entire industry on a whim and with no likelihood that cases will reduce because of these draconian measures. The oft quoted figures of 3% cases due to hospitality has never seemed more accurate.

62B5C263-4F7F-4F9A-A2C2-6C52F2A0D42B.jpeg

The Sun reporting that NHS planning is well advanced for a mass  Covid vaccination programme that will be rolled out next month. They are hoping to be vaccinating tens of thousands daily before Christmas. 

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

He's not talking about himself.

He is using an example of someone else that if they live in Scotland should put all blame on NS despite what is happening across the rest of the UK and the world.

Ah, I see.

Surely someone self-employed who had more than one car and kids in private education would have the wherewithal to have income protection insurance?

I did when I was self-employed (and my income was fairly modest)

40 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How many current SNP voters have voted SNP all their lives?  :lol: 

15-20 years ago they were nowhere.

I’m more of a recent Snp voter after Labour lost their way. They are starting to lose me now after the new restrictions as clearly they are making it up as they go along now. Doesn’t help Margaret Covid hasn’t resigned yet!

2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

It's more like £70Bn on furlough and £500Bn on the bailout. 

We're going to let thousands and thousands of hard working folk hit rock bottom while criminally negligent selfish ***** of the highest order ****ed over the world economy and got bonuses. 

This is the kind off shit people should be protesting, not the wearing of ****ing masks. 

👏👍

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The Sun reporting that NHS planning is well advanced for a mass  Covid vaccination programme that will be rolled out next month. They are hoping to be vaccinating tens of thousands daily before Christmas. 

With what vaccine like?

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

With what vaccine like?

Test results due in a month and they are hopeful approval will be given. Millions of doses are already ordered and stockpiled. 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yep, as can be seen, SNP had no option but to close down one of the industries that has spent millions in protecting its customers, and was responsible for a tiny percentage of cases. A case of being seen to be doing something, even if that something is totally unwarranted and unjustified.

That's some story.  Hopefully even some of it is accurate.    Let's ask Dr Shipman though,  because he said there is no vaccine coming.    

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

With what vaccine like?

Could be Sputnik V or Chinese one. Chinese one is probably best bet as they developed the virus in first place (only kidding, I'm not Donald Trump).

Some poster did have job advert for year contract covering vaccinations yesterday. Would be good news, which is a rarity these days.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

It is tragic folk pick a political party like a football team. 

This. 100%. Personally still in favour of Indy or Home Rule, I have my reasons.

Wouldn't give the SNP the steam off my shite tbh. 

Probably wouldn't vote for any of them. 

Just now, Radio Ga Ga said:

Looks like the hospitality industry is causing the spike right enough!

3D391D54-3E1D-4DD7-BBCD-907F9E5BC804.jpeg

Oops, didn’t see the earlier post, apologies 

44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Never been in but it does look like a good set up. I've been in Montpeliers several times and it's well set up, including the temperature check at the door. The dodgy dossier that the SNP used as justification has sold an entire industry down the river. 20% of the positive cases were in a hospitality venue. Where else were they?  What about the 80% that weren't.  Presumably the places they frequented will continue to be responsible for case spread.  As every pub has track and trace data, surely they can establish how many venues have had positive cases there?? If any appear regularly then investigate them and close them down if they aren't complying. It's criminal to decimate an entire industry on a whim and with no likelihood that cases will reduce because of these draconian measures. The oft quoted figures of 3% cases due to hospitality has never seemed more accurate.

On the whole hospitality has done everything it can when people are in their premises.

As much abuse as JiH gets, I've seen what he is talking about in pubs.  Very rarely though and as any establishment regulars gets that little bit more of a leeway.  Still being asked to calm down but more warnings before key trouble maker(s) chucked out.

The problem appears to the impact that alcohol has outside of the establishments.  Less social distancing, heading on to house parties.

But this begs the question.  Why don't we ban all alcohol sales in the CB, for the next fortnight?

Edited by DETTY29

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Fun Boaby said:

Anyone remember the good old days when we were 2 weeks behind England?

What happened there then?

Nicola had to bury the news over her being caught lying about Salmond. A good day to bury bad news.

SectionFJambo

I can't really say I buy all these hospitality graphs. Short of a mass outbreak I'd imagine its hard to trace back where someone caught Covid in a lot of cases. For that reason I'd expect Schools, workplaces, home to be higher on graphs as you'd quickly identify these outbreaks and causes whereas if someone catches it at Tesco or in McDonald's from a random passer by or germ left on a door then it's quite probable I'd imagine you wouldn't link that as the tracing etc. could be miniscule.

That person then goes home though or to work and spreads it and the pattern emerges.

I'm inclined to think the spread in hospitality is far higher than will ever be accurately traced or claimed by those in the industry - they won't be alone in this. Places like supermarkets etc. 

On the new measures today they do seem all over the place. I'd almost understand closures however the banning of alcohol but letting places stay open that don't just screams nanny state. Do they have any evidence that a couple out for a meal with a bottle of wine is any more a risk than 2 old grannies having a coffee in the Asda cafe? I do get why you might shut early before people get hammered and lose their senses, or close those sort of environments however thousands of jobs gone overnight at places that I am sure could have just been asked to not serve alcohol after 6pm who due to having a licence are now closed.

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What kind of bloody world do you want to live in, man?

There is something servile in the habit of seeking after a law which we may obey. We may study the laws of matter at and for our convenience, but a successful life knows no law. Thoreau.

I was sticking up for pubs who are being prejudiced against when the briefing today suggested the impact of alcohol is a problem.

As an edit, proper restaurants, are being prejudiced against even more.

Edited by DETTY29

36 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Assuming the vaccine is through the trails and there are adequate supplies, it will be a logistical nightmare trying to organise a mass vaccination programme with social distancing in the middle of winter.

Francis Albert
50 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Not often I agree with you FA, I was a Labour card holder for around 30 years (like to think of my as self slightly left of centre) Corbyn finished the Labour Party for me, border line communist. My grandad would be turning in his grave knowing I voted Tory for the first time in my life due to not having an alternative.  I genuinely think that the SNP have ‘temporarily’ taken votes from core Labour voters due the cluster F@@@ that the party has become, fingers crossed that Sir KS can bring an alternative to the Eton Elite, as for the current leader of the Scottish Labour Party (Facepalm)

Only thing I would disagree with in that are the words "border line". 

And while we are talking about the decline of the Labour Party as the natural party of the left leaning electorate Tony Blair deserves to share the blame with Corbyn.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Only thing I would disagree with in that are the words "border line". 

And while we are talking about the decline of the Labour Party as the natural party of the left leaning electorate Tony Blair deserves to share the blame with Corbyn.

Tony Bliar should have been arrested for war crimes never mind becoming celebrity after dinner speaker. Him and his wife responsible for tearing a great political party apart and replacing with New Labour.

9 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Assuming the vaccine is through the trails and there are adequate supplies, it will be a logistical nightmare trying to organise a mass vaccination programme with social distancing in the middle of winter.

Flu vaccine is being done via a drive thru. This one could too.

53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I'd need to see a bit more info before going with that chart, especially as it's from the Hospitality Union. 

For example, what does workplace mean? If someone works in hospitality and catches it, is that a hospitality figure or a workplace figure? 

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Flu vaccine is being done via a drive thru. This one could too.

Pretty shambolic experiences I’ve heard re queuing times 

17 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I was sticking up for pubs who are being prejudiced against when the briefing today suggested the impact of alcohol is a problem.

As an edit, proper restaurants, are being prejudiced against even more.

I went to Hector's tonight, which is a usual haunt after a few pints in the Baillie. I can't see what else these places can do to protect themselves and customers... It is a very odd approach by the SG, it just seems like they feel they need to do something and they need someone to blame when there's no data to back it up. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I Didn’t know that 

It happened to a mate last night. Hadn’t had a joint since night before, driving home from work yesterday, pulled tested and told he’ll likely be banned once they get through the huge backlog of other cases. Gave him his keys back and told him to carry on until his case comes up. 
He’s self employed this will seriously affect his livelihood too. 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Pretty shambolic experiences I’ve heard re queuing times 

So much so that my auld boy just paid a tenner at the chemist to get it. 

15 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

That's what they've been planning for, according to the article. They've mobilised all sorts of healthcare professionals to deliver the vaccine along with 5 vaccine hubs, mobile units, GP surgeries etc. They were told to be ready for the end of Oct but that has been pushed back a month. Everyone will need 2 jabs - starting with John Prescott 😎 - 28 days apart

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

First it was the students. 

Now its the pubs.

Who is next on the 'Wheel of Blame?"

The Sorry No Pubs party 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Now its the pubs.

It must be the bairns🤷🏽‍♂️

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Now its the pubs.

It's the politicians faults for making an arse of the first lockdown. 

We live on an island. If it lasts two weeks in a person, surely a two week north Korea style lockdown would have eradicated the virus from this island. 🤷

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Ok- I don’t understand it at all.

I have three kids, a wife etc

Self employed- had I lost my job due to governmental decisions I would have been entitled to nothing at all.

I would have lost my home, my cars, my kids would have lost their schooling , their friends .

I would 100% blame her government.

Covid didn’t make you unemployed , she did.

She should be looking after you.

I don’t understand the devotion 

I don't blame anyone. It's a pandemic and it's affecting most people. I'm not devoted to any party but I'll vote for who best represents Scots and that's not Westminster. Until another Scottish party come along the SNP will get my vote. 

doctor jambo
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It happened to a mate last night. Hadn’t had a joint since night before, driving home from work yesterday, pulled tested and told he’ll likely be banned once they get through the huge backlog of other cases. Gave him his keys back and told him to carry on until his case comes up. 
He’s self employed this will seriously affect his livelihood too. 

Word to the wise - the time bar is 6 months on the case.

Current processing time is a year.

The lord advocate is looking  at removing the time bar, but as it stands most of these will never reach court.

2 hours ago, Ma Roon said:

Some people are easily led and can't think for themselves, just vote against a party as opposed for 

I know. How people can vote for those treacherous buffoons at Westminster is beyond reason! 

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

North Korea looks like a bastion of tolerance and freedom compared to the First Fuehrer's Fiefdom of Funlessness.

Mind you, leaders of both DPRK and Scotland are short, podgy weirdos with dodgy haircuts and questionable fashion choices.

I don't think it would matter who was in charge tbh. None of them have a clue. Wouldn't vote for any of them.

11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Oh, almost forgot, thanks for the reminder. Got the booze all in. Just remember to bring some Pringles. Have taken all the furniture out so we can get more folk in, too. Might be a bit of a squeeze, but we'll manage just fine, especially once the Twister comes out.

@Jambo 4 Ever is invited, too. Hasn't RSVP'd yet, though :( 

😂

Just now, jonesy said:

Indeed. Today was the first time I've heard Leonard speak. He's dreadful. No matter his own party don't want him. Douglas Ross looks and talks like a rent boy. Willie Rennie has all the charisma and charm of a run-over hedgehog. Scottish politics is dire. Sturgeon wins by being not as bad as the rest.

Yep. It's possibly worse when you look at the UK Gov. Boris and Starmer. I don't even know who's incharge of the Lib Dems these days. 

I just can't stand Politicians. 

To be fair to both Boris and Sturgeon though. They have an unenviable task of dealing with an infectious disease which  was neither of their making and which no one has ever had to deal with before. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic