Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

28 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Pretty revealing figures today.  Especially the fact that average covid death age is older than the average death death :lol:

Scary stuff. 

Probably is quite scary if you are in your 80s then?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

husref musemic
50 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

You SNP lot are really that stupid ae? Its no about 'the pub being shut' and 'canny get a drink' its about peoples livelihoods at severe risk after an already worrying 7 months for that particular sector especially when they have done everything they can to be Covid secure.

But you SNP lot bash on and defend the leader.

Don't know how she leads a country during these times & spends every afternoon on the telly.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The consensus is they are less effective than face masks but far better than someone coughing or sneezing with no mask.

Sneezing in a mask is fairly unpleasant. I took a sneezing fit in the supermarket a few years ago. Not nice. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It’s what the Scottish government report saying 

Yes they woukd say that wouldn’t they ! I’m medical terms a “ case “ is when someone is being treated for an illness . Most if those new infections probably are not Receiving  any  treatment . 

Heartsmad1874
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It’s what the Scottish government report saying 

Well they would say that wouldn't they :lol: 

Jambo 4 Ever
21 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Pretty sure the last paragraph is a request / recommendation.  As far as I’m aware there have not been any outright travel bans in the country.

Been advised against and should be adhered to to be honest 

“And they have also been advised not to travel outside of the health board area they live in if they do not need to.”

7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Probably is quite scary if you are in your 80s then?

My gran is in her 80s and she’s less scared than a lot of people on this thread.  When you hit 80 there is a 10% chance you will die on any given year.

I think most people at that age realise that they are going to die from something at some point - covid or a multitude of other things. 

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Been advised against and should be adhered to to be honest 

“And they have also been advised not to travel outside of the health board area they live in if they do not need to.”

But what if you want to?

Edited by Heartsmad1874

millerjames398
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

IF I was the type to let a joint come near me I'd probably take great solace in knowing how swab tests work, that they only detect the traces of THC left on the surfaces of the mouth after smoking, and that a good rinse with Listerine before leaving the house sorts you out.

IF I was the type to let a joint come near me.

IF i was thinkin about partaking in a jazz cigarette..that information could come in very handy indeed😉👍🏼🤣

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not allowed 

‘Advised’ and ‘allowed’ are two different things.

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not allowed 

Can’t believe you are telling lies on this thread now and spreading misinformation.

sickening. 

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, millerjames398 said:

IF i was thinkin about partaking in a jazz cigarette..that information could come in very handy indeed😉👍🏼🤣

If that was even remotely accurate I’d say go for it. 
However i would not rely on listerine to keep your licenses

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

IF I'd had it confirmed by having to pass a drugs test to get my job I'd be very confident in passing that information on 👍

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Can’t believe you are telling lies on this thread now and spreading misinformation.

sickening. 

It is sickening and unbelievable.

What it isn’t though, is surprising.

11 minutes ago, Shanks said:

My gran is in her 80s and she’s less scared than a lot of people on this thread.  When you hit 80 there is a 10% chance you will die on any given year.

I think most people at that age realise that they are going to die from something at some point - covid or a multitude of other things. 

Yep same as my gran. 
She’s upset that she isn’t able to live the last years of her life seeing her family etc. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You must pay attention though

48C6B534-3CC6-4F78-8912-1A490DFB5329.jpeg

This is irresponsible and misleading. This relates to a previous phase. Shameful! 

Are you still peeing on folk? 

What time of day do you do your online stalking and look for group photos from folk in pubs? 

Still assuming non mask wearers are smokers claiming to be asthma sufferers? 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, jonesy said:

One new case in my household.

:omg_2:

Of vino, that is. Can't have my guests going thirsty.

:mel:

😂

Just now, jonesy said:

:pleasing:

millerjames398
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

IF I'd had it confirmed by having to pass a drugs test to get my job I'd be very confident in passing that information on 👍

Every day is a school day on kickback 😉😆

Shanks said no
18 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not allowed 

It is allowed, its only an advisory notice

Anyway seems SG already backtracking, central belt cafe's with drinks licenses can now open as long as they don't serve alcohol

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

It is allowed, its only an advisory notice

Anyway seems SG already backtracking, central belt cafe's with drinks licenses can now open as long as they don't serve alcohol

Why would anyone with half a brain go against government advice?

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why would anyone with half a brain go against government advice?

Because the advice is utterly stupid and pointless and contradictory?

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Apologies - spend away!

Asparagus, more like.

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wine and asparagus makes my pish smell awesome. For the record.

doctor jambo
13 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Every day is a school day on kickback 😉😆

You would, if the swabs were testing for traces of the drug in your mouth,

they don’t 

they test your saliva 

listerine does not remove drugs from your system

you can still rest +ve days after a joint regardless of dental hygiene

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

So they can't wear a shield either which is not directly on their face?

Don't know mate, I don't presume to be an asthma madk expert

jack D and coke
45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

IF I was the type to let a joint come near me I'd probably take great solace in knowing how swab tests work, that they only detect the traces of THC left on the surfaces of the mouth after smoking, and that a good rinse with Listerine before leaving the house sorts you out.

IF I was the type to let a joint come near me.

😀😂👍🏼

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Plenty jobs in other sectors??

You are aware theres thousands of unemployed people across the country applying for any job they can get only to not even hear back sometimes because of the sheer volume in the 400/500 range of applicants.

You talk some utter shite.

Should have got a skill then eh! Folk are crying out for building trade jobs. Fud!

A quick look at today's per-Health Board case stats shows that Greater Glasgow and Lanarkshire are much greater than other areas:

(number of positive cases today per 100,000 pop)

Lanarkshire 35

Greater Glasgow 34

Ayrshire & Arran 20

Lothian 17

Forth Valley 11

Borders 10

Tayside 10

Everywhere else <10

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I have tried so hard to not comment on this thread again but this post is just one too far for me.  

She has not done it better, she has been wrong and spectacularly so.

- She clearly advocated an elimination strategy and made pointed political barbs about how Tories should do the same.  And here we are with the highest estimated R rate in the UK

- we suffered a longer, harder, more painful lockdown than RUK on the assurance we would feel the benefit longer term.  That has proved completely wrong as despite the extra pain we are no better off for it.

- People keep praising her for her clarity of message but from what I can see the much vaunted route map is long since abandoned and we are no clearer here than anywhere else in UK.  

Boris and the Tories have been shambolic but Nicola Sturgeon has done no better and given we had a longer harder lockdown with no benefit arguably has done worse.  

Her being on TV every day in no way makes up for her and her government utter failings.  She has not done a good job, end of.  

Could this possibly because she does not have the power to take the measures she wants too. When we were lockdown people could cross the border, borders should have been closed and international travel limited to essential travel. 

6 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Should have got a skill then eh! Folk are crying out for building trade jobs. Fud!

:cornette:

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Delightful.

There are plenty of highly skilled, highly educated people out there who will be out on their arse. Luckily for you folk will always need holes dug and skips filled. 👍

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

Could this possibly because she does not have the power to take the measures she wants too. When we were lockdown people could cross the border, borders should have been closed and international travel limited to essential travel. 

She could have though.

You could not leave the house except for essential journeys, of for 1 hr exercise per day within 5 miles of your house if I recall correctly .

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Delightful.

There are plenty of highly skilled, highly educated people out there who will be out on their arse. Luckily for you folk will always need holes dug and skips filled. 👍

Or holes filled and skips dug- Onlyfans.com

9 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Your point is caller? 

It's pretty obvious.

People dying after the age of life expectancy isn't a premature death. 

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Delightful.

😂😂😂 Harsh.

On skip fillers and hole diggers.

Brighton Jambo
31 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

No.  Stop looking for excuses.

When it’s going well it’s all her doing, when it’s going badly it’s because she doesn’t have the tools she needs to do the job and only independence could make it better.

It’s shameless, transparent and total nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No.  Stop looking for excuses.

When it’s going well it’s all her doing, when it’s going badly it’s because she doesn’t have the tools she needs to do the job and only independence could make it better.

It’s shameless, transparent and total nonsense. 

Never said that but out word in my mouth. Just pointing out you can on slash with the implement you have got. 

So all the aw folk attacking SNP strategy ld love to hear your plan??!!

31 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's pretty obvious.

People dying after the age of life expectancy isn't a premature death. 

What about the people who are dying young they just unlucky? Anyway who’s right is it to say your 79 tough tattie. These people might have another 20 years of COVID did not get them. 

Heartsmad1874

Never said that but out word in my mouth. Just pointing out you can on slash with the implement you have got. 

So all the aw folk attacking SNP strategy ld love to hear your plan??!!

As i quoted you earlier, they have to find a common ground between living with the virus and saving the economy/jobs. You can't do one and not the other as it leads to severe problems and right now thats what they are doing trying to suppress a virus that has no known date for a vaccine yet. Simply makes no sense and trying to justify it makes you look rather foolish when all you can say is 'whats yer plan' then.

39 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Delightful.

I am not in the building trade! Just pointing out that there are plenty jobs for folk you just have to put some effort in. Thats the problem everyone wants stuff handed to them. Wee lambs can’t make stuff happen in life. 

I am not in the building trade! Just pointing out that there are plenty jobs for folk you just have to put some effort in. Thats the problem everyone wants stuff handed to them. Wee lambs can’t make stuff happen in life. 

😂 what a load of utter shite. 

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

As i quoted you earlier, they have to find a common ground between living with the virus and saving the economy/jobs. You can't do one and not the other as it leads to severe problems and right now thats what they are doing trying to suppress a virus that has no known date for a vaccine yet. Simply makes no sense and trying to justify it makes you look rather foolish when all you can say is 'whats yer plan' then.

Think you’ve proved your own point is shite.

its about balancing lives and jobs so the government decided that the right thing to do was close down pubs for a while they have kept other industry going. That’s a balance, the setting presenting most risk have been asked to close. Are you stupid? 

And asking what other people have in mind as a plan makes the point that any plan is open to criticism! 

Edited by spirt of 98

Heartsmad1874

Think you’ve proved your own point is shite.

its about balancing lives and jobs so the government decided that the right thing to do was close down pubs for a while they have kept other industry going. That’s a balance, the setting presenting most risk have been asked to close. Are you stupid? 

Presenting most risk? Provide your evidence please. 5% of cases coming from those who have visited hospitality.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 what a load of utter shite. 

Easy to say it’s shite not so easy to tell me how it’s shite! There are jobs folk just don’t want to do these jobs as they think the world owes them better. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic