Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nice. We going hunter-gatherer for 2021? I look forward to the sizzling of the human flesh.

🤣

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You can open your window slightly, but watch out for any Covid waves coming in, 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and shut it immediately, remembering to seal the surrounds with masking tape. 

:rofl:

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You can open your window slightly, but watch out for any Covid waves coming in, 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and shut it immediately, remembering to seal the surrounds with masking tape. 

Not worth the risk, this thing is killing people who have already lived longer than the national average life expectancy.

It's terrifying.

30 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Feel your pain mate, was applying for absolutely anything on Indeed, lucky enough to have a job for now thats extremely busy every day and even more so now due to Covid so getting more and more hours. 

Thanks for that. Much appreciated

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Not worth the risk, this thing is killing people who have already lived longer than the national average life expectancy.

It's terrifying.

:rofl:

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

When you're finished with slam-dunking the doc' can you tune me in on how to pass my reguar pish tests pls?

Ta.

Be sure to pick your donator wisely.

Enjoy.

urine-belt.jpg?ts=1409868079

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Thanks for that. Much appreciated

Hope you find something soon. Royal Mail looking for extra mail sorters in run up to Xmas if you fancy that 👍🏻

Edited by Heartsmad1874

husref musemic
27 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Ffs guy I know went to a pub in Broxburn couple of weeks back no social distancing barmaid had it passed it to most folk in the pub. Nae bother eh! 

five percent of cases traced to hospitality. 

five.

Heartsmad1874

Pubs will also be encouraging people in on Friday before lockdown just like this manky boozer.

D125036F-7976-408A-A47B-45BABA2E569B.jpeg

Edited by Heartsmad1874

31 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Ffs guy I know went to a pub in Broxburn couple of weeks back no social distancing barmaid had it passed it to most folk in the pub. Nae bother eh! 

"A pub in Broxburn" being the key part of that sentence. One pub in one town. Closing all pubs will only stop the spread in that one pub that hasn't followed the rules.  As less than 5% of cases are linked to pubs it will make not a jot of difference to the overall figures.

Closing university campuses, banning anyone not wearing a mask from shops or public transport...that may make a significant difference. 

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

If he's a doctor then I'm a nuclear physicist with a million in the bank and  a 12 incher.

If you could choose only one of those things to be true which would it be?! 

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Pubs will also be encouraging people in on Friday before lockdown just like this manky boozer.

D125036F-7976-408A-A47B-45BABA2E569B.jpeg

That will be taken down soon I’m sure 

51 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Spirit of 98 is the classic keyboard warrior. Virgin energy being projected to the forum via jizz encrusted keyboard.

Imagine a prick like him even attempting to talk like that to someone's face (2m distance).

I’d talk to any one face to face. Imagine trying to bring fighting talk into it because you don’t agree with an opinion 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 loser! 

18 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Hope you find something soon. Royal Mail looking for extra mail sorters in run up to Xmas if you fancy that 👍🏻

Christmas will be cancelled, I wouldn't bother applying.

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

That will be taken down soon I’m sure 

Surely there must be better boozers open at 9am tomorrow. Any suggestions for the Big Friday Freedom Sesh ??  Where is everyone heading tomorrow??  

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Surely there must be better boozers open at 9am tomorrow. Any suggestions for the Big Friday Freedom Sesh ??  Where is everyone heading tomorrow??  

bute house with a carry out

Riddley Walker
10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If you could choose only one of those things to be true which would it be?! 

Think we can safely rule out the nuclear physicist option anyway.

Nucky Thompson

17,540 new positive tests in the UK . It didn't take us long to catch and overtake France and Spain :arry:

77 deaths. Still nowhere near the 1000 a day in April.

3,412 in hospital with 442 of those in ICU. 20,000 were in hospital in April

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

bute house with a carry out

See you there at 9am. The landlady is a bit of a torn face disaster but at least it's central.👍

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

17,540 new positive tests in the UK . It didn't take us long to catch and overtake France and Spain :arry:

So  , much higher numbers of "cases" but a smaller number of deaths thankfully. 4% of normal daily deaths.

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aren't we due to have 50K cases a day next week based on Vallance and Whitty's scaremongering?

Should be interesting.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Bunch of us doing a pub crawl. Could get messy. Then all back to mine. 

Remember "track and trace", it's a nightmare if you all get separated on a crawl. Probably best to sort out a route map first. 

Ok so if we are no better after this what happens next.Supermarkets shut (online deliveries only ) cause seemingly that is another place were it spreads most or will it be that cause they have shut the pubs they have found that folk are going to houses and drinking there so booze ban incoming ?

The only thing that worked is full lockdown and nobody wants that again.I honestly think it's just going to be a case of that's not working this ain't working continuously until they just shut us down for months again then we open up and we are fecked again unless we can all get a hold of the Trump miracle juice.

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Aren't we due to have 50K cases a day next week based on Vallance and Whitty's scaremongering?

Should be interesting.

Might be like the test numbers carried out. Hit the target right on the day. Expect 50k to be announced bang on cue and then a knighthood for Whitty soon after.

15 minutes ago, graygo said:

Christmas will be cancelled, I wouldn't bother applying.

Thanks mate, cheered me up 😀

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So  , much higher numbers of "cases" but a smaller number of deaths thankfully. 4% of normal daily deaths.

Surely the cases are higher as we are testing way more than back in April? 

Ron Burgundy
19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Ok so if we are no better after this what happens next.Supermarkets shut (online deliveries only ) cause seemingly that is another place were it spreads most or will it be that cause they have shut the pubs they have found that folk are going to houses and drinking there so booze ban incoming ?

The only thing that worked is full lockdown and nobody wants that again.I honestly think it's just going to be a case of that's not working this ain't working continuously until they just shut us down for months again then we open up and we are fecked again unless we can all get a hold of the Trump miracle juice.

It clearly never worked and never will.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It clearly never worked and never will.

Depends on what your perceive the goal to be. The goal was not overwhelming the NHS. She shoots she scores. 

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Better than STD then?

To be honest CV is not the worst you could catch in a Broxburn boozer from a barmaid. 

Just now, weehammy said:

Ban on alcohol consumption in yer ain hoose coming soon.

They did that in South Africa. Total alcohol ban. 

18 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Should be interesting.

UK 6 weeks behind Spain, 4 weeks behind France, could it exceed 50K?

Riddley Walker

My 30 year old sister just had a confirmed positive test. Temp was 42 this morning 🙄 and is pretty floored. Caught it at college, lives in Durham.

Hoping one of you fine people can advise as I can’t find the info I need.

our daughter lives in halls in Glasgow Uni, and caught covid. She’s fine and has isolated and now fine to go outside etc. She wants to come home only for  next weekend for a visit but we aren’t sure if she can ? Do we have to isolate at home ? Can she travel on the train ? And would she have to isolate again on her return to uni ?

apologies but we are confused. 

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

My 30 year old sister just had a confirmed positive test. Temp was 42 this morning 🙄 and is pretty floored. Caught it at college, lives in Durham.

hope she is ok mate. 

7 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

I would disagree with that hospitality is responsible for 0% of infections it’s the idiots within hospitality venues that can’t behave that are responsible.

What I would say is some bars were asking for this by breaking all the rules and standing by whilst the rules were broken instead of protecting their interests. Silly egg on face now! But it’s a learning curve I am sure some publicans will enforce rules when reopened.

Thats brings me to my final thought on this because you never argue with idiots I will leave you with this thought.

We are all responsible for our own actions and the consequences of these actions. Take a look at your own behaviour and ask who is to blame for all of this dragging on. I bet there’s folk slavering on here about wee Sturgeon when their behaviour is far from impeccable! 

It’s simple continue to behave the way we are and this will last years and no one wants that. Now get a life and do something constructive rather than slavering single fish in here all day about how hard it is for you ya wee lamb. 

Since pubs & Restaurants opened again I’ve been out to loads of them, going out for drinks & meals most weekends. I can honestly say I’ve only thought that the people in them or the pubs were breaking the rules once in that time. Sadly if a pub doesn’t play by the rules then the people visiting it won’t be either. This rule she has introduced is ridiculous and a slap in the face to all the business owners who have invested more money In staffing and fixtures & fittings with less coming in pre Covid. I very much doubt it is going to effect any coronavirus infection numbers. As a matter of interest what bars and restaurants that you visited deserve this due to breaking all the rules?

Riddley Walker
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Hoping one of you fine people can advise as I can’t find the info I need.

our daughter lives in halls in Glasgow Uni, and caught covid. She’s fine and has isolated and now fine to go outside etc. She wants to come home only for  next weekend for a visit but we aren’t sure if she can ? Do we have to isolate at home ? Can she travel on the train ? And would she have to isolate again on her return to uni ?

apologies but we are confused. 

As long as she's passed the 10/14 days or whatever it is, she'll be fine to come home.

3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

As long as she's passed the 10/14 days or whatever it is, she'll be fine to come home.

Perfect. Thank you for the quick reply. We thought that was the case

8 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Quite a fever.   No wonder she's floored.   Hope she does well.

22 minutes ago, OBE said:

UK 6 weeks behind Spain, 4 weeks behind France, could it exceed 50K?

Think he said it could reach 50k then double every few days. The suggestion, seemed to me, that 50K was some sort of tipping point. 

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Rugby match abandoned during the game as a member of backroom staff receives a positive result for Covid.

posted in the terrace but the scotlad england u19 game at st georges park has been abandoned due to covid, no other info given

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic