Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You must pay attention though

48C6B534-3CC6-4F78-8912-1A490DFB5329.jpeg

Nah man think Ill just bash on Like before. Do my bit for herd immunity. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Nah man think Ill just bash on Like before. Do my bit for herd immunity. 

Very selfish attitude mate

24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

They didn’t close the pubs during the wars 

22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly.  The only problem was dwindling beer supplies at times.  Hard to imagine that generation , or the leaders at the time, cowering away because of a feckin virus.

14 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Thats because they were protecting freedom , and opposing oppression

Here we are embracing oppression because "its for our own safety""

The pubs weren't left to their own devices, especially during WW1.

Here's an article about it, and a quote from it which wouldn't look out of place on this thread.

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2019/02/12/What-did-pubs-do-during-World-War-1-and-World-War-2

Screenshot_20201008-122208~2.png

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Very selfish attitude mate

Wading through your pish on here is equally as tedious.

It's very selfish of you and good informative posts are lost in amongst all your spam. It's very frustrating.

Nicola Sturgeon confirms another 1,027 people have tested positive for Covid-19, 13.5% of those newly tested yesterday.

This takes the total number of positive cases in Scotland to 35,787.

Health board breakdown:

Ms Sturgeon says the provisional data indicates the breakdown of new cases is as follows:

• NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde: 405
  • NHS Lanarkshire: 230
  • NHS Lothian: 152
  • NHS Ayrshire and Arran: 73

The remaining are spread across the other health boards.

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Much like you saying tough shit to jack d and cokes daughter about her job.Some you win some you lose. 🤷‍♂️

Sums up the attitude of so many people until it affects them personally. 

Thank **** the wartime generation of this country didn't have today's attitudes or we would all be speaking German. 

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Yip she’s dealing with an unprecedented situation and every leader world wide is winging it. Some are winging it better than others. Sturgeon has done far better than others. It’s been proved that female leader have made a better job of it than men. 

I have tried so hard to not comment on this thread again but this post is just one too far for me.  

She has not done it better, she has been wrong and spectacularly so.

- She clearly advocated an elimination strategy and made pointed political barbs about how Tories should do the same.  And here we are with the highest estimated R rate in the UK

- we suffered a longer, harder, more painful lockdown than RUK on the assurance we would feel the benefit longer term.  That has proved completely wrong as despite the extra pain we are no better off for it.

- People keep praising her for her clarity of message but from what I can see the much vaunted route map is long since abandoned and we are no clearer here than anywhere else in UK.  

Boris and the Tories have been shambolic but Nicola Sturgeon has done no better and given we had a longer harder lockdown with no benefit arguably has done worse.  

Her being on TV every day in no way makes up for her and her government utter failings.  She has not done a good job, end of.  

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Wading through your pish on here is equally as tedious.

It's very selfish of you and good informative posts are lost in amongst all your spam. It's very frustrating.

Debate the point not the poster. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

it does mate - if you’ve got quite a low IQ  not capable of big picture thinking and taking into account context

Five more coronavirus-related deaths confirmed

A further five people who tested positive have died, taking the overall total to 2,538 deaths in Scotland by that measure.

377 patients are in hospital with a confirmed case (up 58). That's more than double the figure Ms Sturgeon reported before FMQs last week.

31 people are being treated in intensive care (up three).

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Debate the point not the poster. 

Did that 600 pages ago. 

Debate the point not the poster please.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish is rattled today, 

Yip. Ruth Davidson ripping Sturgeon a new one.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Heartsmad1874
4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

For 2 weeks. :lol: 

You SNP lot are really that stupid ae? Its no about 'the pub being shut' and 'canny get a drink' its about peoples livelihoods at severe risk after an already worrying 7 months for that particular sector especially when they have done everything they can to be Covid secure.

But you SNP lot bash on and defend the leader.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

While I recognise those sentiments we have to accept there are too many selfish inconsiderate halfwits who won't pay any notice until their actions have direct consequences to them.

That’s the worry, definitely, as well as hoping that the people in authority really know what they are doing, and are making honest decisions.

Heartsmad1874

She can’t win do nothing folk go raj. Close stuff down folk go raj. I’d rather folk were going raj cause she’s kept them alive then attend family funerals or any funerals. It’s a simple choice close down and protect or let it rip and let thousands die. 

Not sure she’s got an easy out but if the masterminds on here have a third choice let’s hear it. 

What about all the funerals to come for suicide, cancer patients etc? There has to be a middle ground where you limit the human pain with the virus and also limit the economic pain.

Right now the SNP have no thought for the jobs and businesses at risk they have to find a way to live with this it's not just gonna one day go away and noone has a clue when a proper vaccine is going to be available.

jack D and coke
29 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Well, obviously I have something. Covid or not. Felt pretty shit last week but didn’t have a cough so didn’t consider Covid. Thought it was a bad cold. Woke up during the night with a horrific cough and it has been flaring up

all morning. Self isolating now and will only go out if i test negative. Probably just a chest infection on the back of the cold messing with my immune system last week. 

I wasn’t feeling great towards end of last week and just so happened I finished a job early so had Thursday Friday off too so didn’t really go anywhere and stayed away from my old dears and what not. I’m sound now but every single day you don’t feel 100% now you think you’re coming down with it now. They’ve destroyed everybody’s heads man. 
Hope you’re ok anyway pal👍🏼

31 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

There are many types of asthma, some will be fine wearing a mask, some probably won't. We could just ban all vulnerable people from going out...

So they can't wear a shield either which is not directly on their face?

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, frankblack said:

So they can't wear a shield either which is not directly on their face?

Good point 

no excuse 

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

You SNP lot are really that stupid ae? Its no about 'the pub being shut' and 'canny get a drink'

It really is for a lot of the moans I've been seeing online.

Heartsmad1874

Aw didims you need a cuddle. It’s life! Canny throw others lives away so folk. An have a pint and someone can have a minimum wage job. Sorry but there’s plenty jobs in other sectors. 

Plenty jobs in other sectors??

You are aware theres thousands of unemployed people across the country applying for any job they can get only to not even hear back sometimes because of the sheer volume in the 400/500 range of applicants.

You talk some utter shite.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Plenty jobs in other sectors??

You are aware theres thousands of unemployed people across the country applying for any job they can get only to not even hear back sometimes because of the sheer volume in the 400/500 range of applicants.

You talk some utter shite.

Plenty jobs going on cleaning and customer services and food retail for example 

doctor jambo
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

As a politicians what? Lapdog?

What with how dogs generally greet each other, perhaps that’s behind the handshake ban

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Apparently it’s not a bit deal - according to some on here

65AE5FB0-8892-4329-9710-3099DAC50B4F.jpeg

I didn’t say that so no relevance to quoting my post

i’ll put it down to your very simplistic thinking tho so harm done :)

jack D and coke
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No there isnae. My daughter has been applying for literally anything. She has highers etc and has been toiling to get anything. She had even been down south working at my cousins bar/restaurant for a few weeks to keep busy and get some money. Finally got a job in a bar up here again down the shore last Friday...

Gone...

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

No there isnae. My daughter has been applying for literally anything. She has highers etc and has been toiling to get anything. She had even been down south working at my cousins bar/restaurant for a few weeks to keep busy and get some money. Finally got a job in a bar up here again down the shore last Friday...

Gone...

He's trolling you, don't rise to it.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

when you've been spending like a sailor on shore leave.

:seething:

**** you, jonesy, it's been an exceptionally long and enforced shore leave. 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Booked in for a test. Developed all the symptoms. Coughing my lungs up and lost all sense of taste. 

Pretty certain this won’t kill me if it is Covid however. 

Let us know how you get on, Bud. 👍

My brother in law has it just now. Said it was murder for a day or two but he's felling much better now. No breathing difficulties at all. Ironically they think he caught it from his 62 year old mum (who caught it from someone at her Church group). She had very mild symptoms the week before and tested negative the other day.

Fingers crossed you'll be fine, mate. 👍

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Have you been sticking to the rules?

Aspergers. Nap.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:vrface:

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

At the moment I’m trying to convince the wife to go for a drive at the weekend down to the borders.

Upstairs for thinking, TRM.

Downstairs for dancing. 👍

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

While I recognise those sentiments we have to accept there are too many selfish inconsiderate halfwits who won't pay any notice until their actions have direct consequences to them.

The entire country is being punished for the actions of these selfish, inconsiderate, halfwits (and students, but I don't really blame them, I blame the decision makers higher up the food chain).

Edited by Governor Tarkin

50 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I'm struggling with this, apart from care homes flu and pneumonia seem to be bigger killers than Covid so why are we shutting down other settings and not focusing on care homes?

Screenshot_20201008-125445.png

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I didn’t say that so no relevance to quoting my post

i’ll put it down to your very simplistic thinking tho so harm done :)

So what are you saying then mate?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54463511

Covid deaths three times higher than flu and pneumonia

no context tho mate

for flu we try to protect the vulnerable by giving them a vaccination

for covid we introduced covid into care homes no doubt an honest but very costly mistake - the absolute opposite of protecting them - gave covid free hits to clock up some numbers

what proportion died outside care homes and similar settings do you know?

not that anyone’s perfect but you normally tend to add a bit of commentary not sure what happened here - I’ve seen much better stuff from you - like the time you de-bunked the covid r-value is the highest known to person kind 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So what are you saying then mate?

i replied to redjambo no offence to you

maybe follow it there

Heartsmad1874
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Booked in for a test. Developed all the symptoms. Coughing my lungs up and lost all sense of taste. 

Pretty certain this won’t kill me if it is Covid however. 

I had a brief job as a covid tester at the Airport. It's horrible doing that to someone else :lol: enjoy 👍

Pretty revealing figures today.  Especially the fact that average covid death age is older than the average death death :lol:

Scary stuff. 

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He's trolling you, don't rise to it.

Lol aye I know. I lose my mind on this thread man I should stay off it🤯😂

doctor jambo
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm struggling with this, apart from care homes flu and pneumonia seem to be bigger killers than Covid so why are we shutting down other settings and not focusing on care homes?

Screenshot_20201008-125445.png

Indeed.

Because nobody wants to admit that care homes are where you park really frail people until they pass away?

Nobody wants to have a debate about quality of life versus quantity?

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

You all good for home birth?

Still good to go for now, ta. 👍

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:vrface:

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

At the moment I’m trying to convince the wife to go for a drive at the weekend down to the borders.

:olly:

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

This is the most contradictory guff I've ever come across on this board, so well donr

The world wars were waged to PROTECT our FREEDOMS at the cost of MILLIONS of lives.

You are supporting surrendering those freedoms that cost millions of young lives, to save a small number of people.

Laws are in place for a reason- sure, and sometimes laws are wrong and senseless.

The law says homosexuality is illegal in the middle east,

the law says you have to have hair like Kim JOng Un in north Korea

law in Texas says you can carry an assault rifle in public

law in Pakistan says you can be stoned to death for blasphemy

Law in Scotland says I cannot take my kids fishing in a hill loch 24 miles away, but I can go to one 22 miles away beacuse of which health board its in

Pretty sure the last paragraph is a request / recommendation.  As far as I’m aware there have not been any outright travel bans in the country.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Honestly, your opinion of me, and assertions, they give me a warm glow.

As long as you and I are on opposite sides, then I'm pretty certain I'm right.

Do you go around spouting your opinions to your patients ? 

I take it your surgery is a mask free

zone. 🤔

doctor jambo
Just now, luckydug said:

Do you go around spouting your opinions to your patients ? 

I take it your surgery is a mask free

zone. 🤔

Nope.

I follow the law and the rules.

Doesnt mean I agree with them.

Heartsmad1874
28 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Compare how many positions and how many unemployed and you'll maybe see what i mean👍🏻👍🏻. If 400 people apply for a job at Tesco or McDonalds how many will that company take on?? Not even 1/4 of the number of applicants will even hear back.

Unknown user
14 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It happened to a mate last night. Hadn’t had a joint since night before, driving home from work yesterday, pulled tested and told he’ll likely be banned once they get through the huge backlog of other cases. Gave him his keys back and told him to carry on until his case comes up. 
He’s self employed this will seriously affect his livelihood too. 

IF I was the type to let a joint come near me I'd probably take great solace in knowing how swab tests work, that they only detect the traces of THC left on the surfaces of the mouth after smoking, and that a good rinse with Listerine before leaving the house sorts you out.

IF I was the type to let a joint come near me.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic