Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. It's possibly worse when you look at the UK Gov. Boris and Starmer. I don't even know who's incharge of the Lib Dems these days. 

I just can't stand Politicians. 

To be fair to both Boris and Sturgeon though. They have an unenviable task of dealing with an infectious disease which  was neither of their making and which no one has ever had to deal with before. 

I feel a bit sorry for both the UK pm and Scotland fm.

This pandemic is not their fault and yet reputations are being trashed because of it. They are all working with advice that 'experts' have given them .

They could have saved everyone a lot of heartache if they had just listened to all the experts on sites like this.

Every man and his dog has an opinion but don't have the burden to carry.

If the latest restrictions do manage to bring the covid cases down back under control then the government will have been proved right.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Word to the wise - the time bar is 6 months on the case.

Current processing time is a year.

The lord advocate is looking  at removing the time bar, but as it stands most of these will never reach court.

I’ll let him know that👍🏼

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This pandemic is not their fault and yet reputations are being trashed because of it. They are all working with advice that 'experts' have given them .

They could have saved everyone a lot of heartache if they had just listened to all the experts on sites like this.

If the latest restrictions do manage to bring the covid cases down back under control then the government will have been proved right.

Right or lucky!

Ron Burgundy
4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Apologies, if you've already got the info. Pubs can remain open indoors until 6pm but cannot sell alcohol. They can sell alcohol OUTDOORS between 6pm and 10pm. Hopefully your pub has an outside area and the weather is fair. It's not been clear about selling alcohol outdoors pre 6pm... 

Hotel bars/restaurants can remain open in the evening for meals but unfortunately, won't be able to serve alcohol. 

Crackpot decisions all round! 😂 

Someone earlier mentioned non professional sports being cancelled. This is only aimed at contact sports. 

Cheers for that. Not sure if Dundee has different rules from the central belt. It’s a giant mess. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tony Bliar should have been arrested for war crimes never mind becoming celebrity after dinner speaker. Him and his wife responsible for tearing a great political party apart and replacing with New Labour.

I’ll maybe give you the rest but that is absolute bullshit. 

What New Labour done in low income areas to tackle problems like child poverty and education was incredible. 

Keeping on topic....coronavirus boo! 

Edited by Des Lynam

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

For how long? And doesn’t matter about the businesses it sinks? It’s a success is it?

Francis Albert

And of course if the measures don't bring the virus under control it will be because we need more severe restrictions. A win win.

Edited by Francis Albert

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd agree, but only up to a point. Johnson seemed to be going for a Swedish-style approach (for better or for worse), but then changed tack. He shat it, based most likely on poll projections as much as 'the science'. 

Sturgeon has been too keen to diverge from London's policy for what appears to be political reasons.

I wouldn't trust either of them to take out the wheelie bins, let alone run a country in a time of crisis.

In fact, many western governments in general have made an arse of it by trying a China-lite policy, with predictable China-lite impact. They didn't have the stomach for the full Wuhan (quite rightly, in my opinion), but the results were always going to be different, with more turbulent and slower timelines. China looking well-placed right now, laughing their cocks off at Europe and North America. Had this not have started in Asia, there would have been a totally different approach. As it was, the politicians feared not looking like they were adopting a roughly Chinese-style approach. They didn't factor in the complete difference in cultures, expectations and levels of resentment at being told what to do. Lockdown - in any shape or form - should never have happened. But one by one the western countries fell like dominoes.

I'd certainly say now that enforcing sanitising, wearing of masks, social distancing and making people understand the importance of this is the only real way they can go now to safeguard the public and business. Freedom and choice is essential but some small personal sacrifices have to be made to allow that to happen imo because the consequences now are lockdown or, partial lockdowns. 

I'd certainly disagree that NS's decisions on this are politically motivated. They'll be based entirely on what her health and scientific advisors say. The same would be said for Boris. If it works and the rates go down, then they could say it is justified but we won't know until the end of this circuit breaker thing or, whatever they are calling it. 

I certainly agree with your post on cultural differences etc... I think it spread quicker here post lockdown because people have rebelled against things they are told they cannot do. We have the freedom to do that. Whereas in China, they'd just shoot you. I think if people were still allowed to do what they wanted, safely with enforced personal restrictions as above, then it probably wouldn't have spread so quickly. 

It seems now that we have a Government that clearly doesn't trust its people and its people who don't trust the Government. If this continues we could see some civil unrest and folk just telling them to stuff it. 

I wonder what the SG approach to Halloween will be? Will mini lockdown be extended? Who will be the scapegoat at the end of October?

Who is in the sights next for fun sponge sturgeon? 

42 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm not sure about the last part, they might come down in spite of the measures being put in place. It's a hard one to prove/disprove.

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

For how long? And doesn’t matter about the businesses it sinks? It’s a success is it?

Feck business, I'll take living. I can always start or work for another business. 

Aw naw I cannae go for a pint with ma mates. But I'm only 47 years old. 

giphy.gif

Edited by ri Alban

51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Feck business, I'll take living. I can always start or work for another business. 

giphy.gif

I doubt you will have the time with all the attention seeking you have to fit in so I doubt starting a business is for you. 

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Cheers for that. Not sure if Dundee has different rules from the central belt. It’s a giant mess. 

At present, Dundee are not impacted by the complete closures. 👍 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif

I’ve got a social life to maintain. And it’s a very busy one.
You’ve got your training to become world heavyweight boxing champion to focus on i suppose in between driving a mini cab and on the roofs plus absolutely shiteing yourself to go oot. 
You’ve no time to enjoy yourself. Feel for you. 

8 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

I wonder what the SG approach to Halloween will be? Will mini lockdown be extended? Who will be the scapegoat at the end of October?

Who is in the sights next for fun sponge sturgeon? 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that as the two weeks are up and cases are still rising then not only will it continue but get more severe.

The intention here is to con the public into believing it will be two weeks and run it for at least 4-6 weeks.

7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

It looks to me like the North West of England is the area of the UK we should be focusing any new measures on, all the rates there are much higher, even then things have slowed down a bit this week, certainly in terms of deaths.

Well that'll be why they've had tighter restrictions since August.

Finding it increasingly harder not to just throw in the ****ing towel at times. This virus has genuinely ruined everything. A lot of folk clearly don’t understand the real life implications this situation has done. They talk about controlling the virus but it certain sectors that are having to suffer for it. Mines included. English staycationing was the last lifeline I had. It is only 16 though ya ken. Was relying on the October holidays though bringing in folk. 

Have went from my proper breakthrough year to in the shit big time. 

depressing shit. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm so weak, how will I cope with the pub shut. 

giphy.gif

It’s not just about folk not being able to get a drink though. A lot of these businesses are going to go bust, all their staff unemployed. This will have a massive knock on, property market is going to collapse, massive unemployment etc. On a personal note, that’s my business done again and I lost both my drivers on the last lockdown and most probably will again. I’ve tried to tick every box possible during this, but it’s not working. Every place is using different measures, it’s not working. As soon as this latest restriction is over, numbers will rise again, it’s not working!!!

Edited by luckyBatistuta

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Clearly not tight enough. 

I mean tighter than they have now. 

Well you alluded to the fact that the rates seem to be stabilising. but remember, Scotland had the longest lockdown, tightest restrictions and slowest essing of restrictions and look at the mess now. You can't starve the virus into submission. Targetting the areas if life where the spread actually happens would be helpful, as would ensuring compliance in the areas we know make a difference. Sadly UK politicians are suffering a credibility crisis right now and many people have stopped listening.

doctor jambo
18 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s not just about folk not being able to get a drink though. A lot of these businesses are going to go bust, all their staff unemployed. This will have a massive knock on, property market is going to collapse, massive unemployment etc. On a personal note, that’s my business done again and I lost both my drivers on the last lockdown and most probably will again. I’ve tried to tick every box possible during this, but it’s not working. Every place is using different measures, it’s not working. As soon as this latest restriction is over, numbers will rise again, it’s not working!!!

Presumably Sturgeon has read the Great Barrington Declaration.............................and ignored it, hell, its only 6000 experts have signed it, and rising

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Well you alluded to the fact that the rates seem to be stabilising. but remember, Scotland had the longest lockdown, tightest restrictions and slowest essing of restrictions and look at the mess now. You can't starve the virus into submission. Targetting the areas if life where the spread actually happens would be helpful, as would ensuring compliance in the areas we know make a difference. Sadly UK politicians are suffering a credibility crisis right now and many people have stopped listening.

The lockdown and measures are driven by idealism, not evidence.

Of course they are not going to work.

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Presumably Sturgeon has read the Great Barrington Declaration.............................and ignored it, hell, its only 6000 experts have signed it, and rising

She has her own expert, Colonel Colgate.

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

As aussieh says though mate, boo feckin hoo for you. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

As aussieh says though mate, boo feckin hoo for you. 

That’s just it. Him saying things like that is out order. Some Folk can’t comprehend the loss this has caused folk. 

jack D and coke
50 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that as the two weeks are up and cases are still rising then not only will it continue but get more severe.

The intention here is to con the public into believing it will be two weeks and run it for at least 4-6 weeks.

I’m in no doubt that’s what will happen. Sturgeon won’t want to reign in this power she’s waving about everywhere either. Her coupon on tv everyday telling is how much she knows we’re all suffering, her adoring Snp drones slavishly at her feet telling us what an amazing job and amazing woman she is. 
Honestly🤢

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m in no doubt that’s what will happen. Sturgeon won’t want to reign in this power she’s waving about everywhere either. Her coupon on tv everyday telling is how much she knows we’re all suffering, her adoring Snp drones slavishly at her feet telling us what an amazing job and amazing woman she is. 
Honestly🤢

What a walloper. Tell me who could do better than Sturgeon. Folk using this to have a pop at her just have other agendas. 

Boris deserves the stick he gets as he’s a bumbling idiot. Sturgeon is not perfect but she’s clear and is a leader! 

I have had enough of the wee lassies greetin that they can’t get a pint etc. It’s a pandemic choices have to be made some unpopular deal with it. 

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's the politicians faults for making an arse of the first lockdown. 

We live on an island. If it lasts two weeks in a person, surely a two week north Korea style lockdown would have eradicated the virus from this island. 🤷

Arseaholes would have Feckered it up

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Word to the wise - the time bar is 6 months on the case.

Current processing time is a year.

The lord advocate is looking  at removing the time bar, but as it stands most of these will never reach court.

Have some sympathy for your mate but even one joint can knock u daft ( apparently !) and could affect your ability to drive carefully . However still to see evidence of fights / violence caused by people smoking weed ! I have though when alcohol is about . Late night weekend stroll in town can confirm this 

jack D and coke
Just now, spirt of 98 said:

What a walloper. Tell me who could do better than Sturgeon. Folk using this to have a pop at her just have other agendas. 

Boris deserves the stick he gets as he’s a bumbling idiot. Sturgeon is not perfect but she’s clear and is a leader! 

I have had enough of the wee lassies greetin that they can’t get a pint etc. It’s a pandemic choices have to be made some unpopular deal with it. 

It’s all about a pint aye. My daughter just managed to get herself a job in a bar last Friday after being out of work for a few months. Gone now. 
Dingle. 

1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

:rofl: 

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That’s just it. Him saying things like that is out order. Some Folk can’t comprehend the loss this has caused folk. 

I think he comprehends it, he just doesn't care. 

husref musemic
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Honestly🤢

SNP are a means to an end for many folk & they can't see / won't see how awful they are.

The figure i saw from public health England was 5% of infections are hospitality related! everywhere I've been has been spotless & i feel for the people who are going to lose jobs & businesses. 

The SNP were also busy burying other bad news during this yesterday.

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

I'd agree, but only up to a point. Johnson seemed to be going for a Swedish-style approach (for better or for worse), but then changed tack. He shat it, based most likely on poll projections as much as 'the science'. 

Sturgeon has been too keen to diverge from London's policy for what appears to be political reasons.

I wouldn't trust either of them to take out the wheelie bins, let alone run a country in a time of crisis.

In fact, many western governments in general have made an arse of it by trying a China-lite policy, with predictable China-lite impact. They didn't have the stomach for the full Wuhan (quite rightly, in my opinion), but the results were always going to be different, with more turbulent and slower timelines. China looking well-placed right now, laughing their cocks off at Europe and North America. Had this not have started in Asia, there would have been a totally different approach. As it was, the politicians feared not looking like they were adopting a roughly Chinese-style approach. They didn't factor in the complete difference in cultures, expectations and levels of resentment at being told what to do. Lockdown - in any shape or form - should never have happened. But one by one the western countries fell like dominoes.

The British Govt did think there would be non compliance hence that famous memo from Sage to ramp up the fear factor ( saying anyone could die of it ) 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Well she is certainly a liar. After yesterday's report we can all see that, even though she tried best to bury the report. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:rofl: 

I appreciate you trying to point out that this is ironic as I had a pop a Boris however Sturgeon has been clear he has not. 

People honestly think Nicola sturgeon blows flowery farts out her arse. She has an agenda and it certainly isn’t to see folk prosper if any of her Covid policies is to go by. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s all about a pint aye. My daughter just managed to get herself a job in a bar last Friday after being out of work for a few months. Gone now. 
Dingle. 

It’s all economics my friend sometimes you win sometimes you loose it’s capitalism. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

People honestly think Nicola sturgeon blows flowery farts out her arse. She has an agenda and it certainly isn’t to see folk prosper if any of her Covid policies is to go by. 

She can’t win do nothing folk go raj. Close stuff down folk go raj. I’d rather folk were going raj cause she’s kept them alive then attend family funerals or any funerals. It’s a simple choice close down and protect or let it rip and let thousands die. 

Not sure she’s got an easy out but if the masterminds on here have a third choice let’s hear it. 

1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

I appreciate you trying to point out that this is ironic as I had a pop a Boris however Sturgeon has been clear he has not. 

She’s a power hungry freak just like him. This must be horrendous to deal with but they’ve both made mistakes. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Dundee would probably come out of a nuclear holocaust looking marginally better, so I can see how coronavirus barely even registers there.

This dog agrees 

No description available.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

She’s a power hungry freak just like him. This must be horrendous to deal with but they’ve both made mistakes. 

Yip she’s dealing with an unprecedented situation and every leader world wide is winging it. Some are winging it better than others. Sturgeon has done far better than others. It’s been proved that female leader have made a better job of it than men. 

2 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

It’s all economics my friend sometimes you win sometimes you loose it’s capitalism. 

Not true. It’s a pandemic. And economics and capitalism have problems with each other as well. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Not true. It’s a pandemic. And economics and capitalism have problems with each other as well. 

Yip the economy is affected by outside influences. The pandemic is one.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

The caring face of society speaks.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

SNP are a means to an end for many folk & they can't see / won't see how awful they are.

The figure i saw from public health England was 5% of infections are hospitality related! everywhere I've been has been spotless & i feel for the people who are going to lose jobs & businesses. 

The SNP were also busy burying other bad news during this yesterday.

Aye they were that. Regardless of the thoughts on AS it was and looks ever more likely a real hatchet job on him. Again also regardless of opinions on him Salmond got them to the extremely lofty positions they find themselves in and they shouldn’t forget it. Peter Murrell seems a pretty nasty individual. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

So I listened to Jason Leitch this morning, 

The plan is this sharp shock will bring down the virus to levels so that we can control it again. 

That plan doesn’t really stand up to much scrutiny, we couldn’t control after a complete lockdown, whilst growing evidence that restrictions don’t work well. 

None of this makes any sense.

Wonder if Mr Leitch thinking of going into politics after this or even at next election. He has certainly shown he loves the attention he is getting and he follows NS around like faithful little puppy, so covers the basics to be MSP.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic