Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Did NS say that 25% of all people testing positive had reported going to some type of hospitality venuue in the previous 14 days. So an indeterminate amount of 25% is the reason for closing the industry. Sounds reasonable.

Pretty sure about 90% of people testing positive will have been in supermarket. Can we close them as well?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shooter McGavin

I mean the SNP should be finished after the way they’ve handled this whole situation, but their cult like following will do what they always do and just blindly support everything they do without question.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty sure about 90% of people testing positive will have been in supermarket. Can we close them as well?

And 50% of them had at least one wank.

clearly causative

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

I mean the SNP should be finished after the way they’ve handled this whole situation, but their cult like following will do what they always do and just blindly lap up everything they do.

Nothing more certain. A couple of posters on here are examples of that. They simply cannot accept any criticism of NS or SNP. The only response will be 'better than Tories'. That isn't acceptable anymore. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

'Better' means different things to different people, FWJ. It would solve a lot of problems, sure, but better, nope.

Again, I like going out for a drink myself and I’d hate it. Might suit a lot of people if there weren’t any p****d-up gangs of people in city-centres at night though.

It’s all to do with our (+ England + Ireland + Scandinavia) relationship with booze.

OT now, sorry.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I mean the SNP should be finished after the way they’ve handled this whole situation, but their cult like following will do what they always do and just blindly lap up everything they do.

Can only speak for my own family who were staunch SNP voters and are now not intending to vote for them next year. She is going to get an electoral kicking. 

The Internet
16 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Should’ve shut the whole ****ing island up in March , no one in , if you leave you ain’t coming back in , too far gone now , economy is ****ed , jobs going everywhere and many many years of hardships ahead . 
All and I mean ALL politicians can go **** themselves , useless inadequate *******s 

:spoton:

Ron Burgundy

I was meant to be going to Dundee for a 50th on the 24th ( Dundee was not my choice).

I have a hotel booked for the night and we were all booked in to a pub with tables of 6.

I understand the pub is goosed now but if the hotel won't cancel the booking and we still go will it be able to serve booze? Is it classed differently to a bar or restaurant?

She has lost the plot.
Congratulations Sturgeon you have killed the hospitality industry 

Edited by GBJambo

9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Did NS say that 25% of all people testing positive had reported going to some type of hospitality venuue in the previous 14 days. So an indeterminate amount of 25% is the reason for closing the industry. Sounds reasonable.

she also tried to use the reason of it being 3 weeks after they were allowed to open that rates started to increase. That would ignore the return of schools, people to work, latterly uni's as that would piss on her very weak argument

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

14 days of self-isolation... lucky not to have friction burns.

It’s the face masks...... I can’t help it, the mild feeling of asphyxiation........ god bless you Nicola........ now all she needs to do is make it mandatory for men to wear high heels .....

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I was meant to be going to Dundee for a 50th on the 24th ( Dundee was not my choice).

I have a hotel booked for the night and we were all booked in to a pub with tables of 6.

I understand the pub is goosed now but if the hotel won't cancel the booking and we still go will it be able to serve booze? Is it classed differently to a bar or restaurant?

For residents they can still sell booze I’m sure.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

As I understand it, if you’re a resident of the hotel then you can be served booze (and of course Dundee is in NHS Tayside)

Edit: I don’t know where you stay but residents of the 5 CB health board areas have been asked not to travel outwith their area.  Not compulsory though, just a request/ recommendation.

Edited by FWJ

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Thought she was leading us all to glory?

Still, on the brightside morale in the NHS has spiked as some lucky hospital had found out they won’t have a xmas night out with that fun sponge jambo 4 eva

Sorry but...what?!

What could they do if every establishment refused this order? There isn't enough man power to cover every establishment in the central belt.

The Internet
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

For residents they can still sell booze I’m sure.

Only until 6pm. Hotel restaurants can stay open for residents but no booze. 

Just now, westbow said:

What could they do if every establishment refused this order? There isn't enough man power to cover every establishment in the central belt.

I suppose they could withdraw their licences?

7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

She has lost the plot.
Congratulations Sturgeon you have killed the hospitality industry 

Once all the redundancies start for real in November, across a whole host of industries, the suicide rate is going to rocket. 

Edited by Normthebarman

24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

all over 18s sport except professional sport IIRC

Is there more risk at an Ormiston Primrose v Dunbar United game than an Arbroath v Montrose game?

Apparently there is. 🥴

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

A boozy lunch can be pretty good!

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Cheers I didn’t pick it up like that but I’m prob wrong.

Just now, Normthebarman said:

Once all the redundancies start in November, the suicide rate is going to sky rocket. 

another thing will be over the next couple of years is the cases of alcohol (and drug) related illnesses as binge drinking in the home will increase

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

I suppose they could withdraw their licences?

I dare say that wouldn't be much of a disincentive bearing in mind they could be closed indefinitely.

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Once all the redundancies start for real in November, across a whole host of industries, the suicide rate is going to rocket. 

Yes absolutely devastating. 

18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

She can't have harsher measures in the Weeg as that would offend her core support. She hates Edinburgh because it is capital and not her beloved Glasgow. 

Na, that's shite.

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Define sacked in this instance?

This matter was answered earlier buddy, have a look. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

another thing will be over the next couple of years is the cases of alcohol (and drug) related illnesses as binge drinking in the home will increase

We're on the brink of Great Depression era levels of shit. It's possible this will ruin a generation. 

Malinga the Swinga

Can a restaurant open and not serve alcohol?

Can a restaurant open that has BYOB licence and not allow the alcohol?

I mean, we all knew NS hates alcohol and the people who drink it, but she has added those who sell it now as well. Strange woman, strange part and strange followers.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Na, that's shite.

Why didn't she bring restrictions in earlier in Weeg then? Their made up figures have been worse than our made up figures for weeks yet she did nothing.

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

What benefit will this measures brings, delay the spread for a couple of weeks? A couple of weeks solves nothing.

What harm will it cause? Job losses, business closures and bunch of other unintended stuff.

The measures don’t make much sense and the hospitality industry has just been shafted royally, 

We locked down for months, we unlock and it spreads. The SG think 2 weeks ban on pubs will solve anything. Tragic.

On bright side gyms still open.

Think you mind find that two week period will get extended again and again.

Get your point though, soon as we open up again whats to stop it spreading again. :jj_facepalm:

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

We're on the brink of Great Depression era levels of shit. It's possible this will ruin a generation. 

You might be right, but if we let it run through the population (and we don’t know if having it makes you immune or for how long any immunity lasts) then it could kill a large proportion of a generation.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Unfortunately, I agree with this. 

But there was a single death today and 28 people in intensive care so that merits entire industries being killed, the economy being destroyed and thousands of people losing their jobs & homes....

9 minutes ago, westbow said:

Civil rights being defended via pub sit-ins, with every pint supped being an act of defiance, and an essential means to protect the rights of future generations. 

:interehjrling:

Just now, jonesy said:

Never forget - it wasn't the virus that caused this. It was the governments' response.

Maybe it’s because the virus didn’t get the opportunity to do it.  Yet.

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

You might be right, but if we let it run through the population (and we don’t know if having it makes you immune or for how long any immunity lasts) then it could kill a large proportion of a generation.

It’s being running through the populations for months and deaths are still low 

No alcohol sales from Friday? Good job I had the foresight to order some of this American pish that is being delivered on Friday. 😁

Screenshot_20201007-160719.png

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

all over 18s sport except professional sport IIRC

Should have just closed celtic down they seem to be a habitual covid problem

3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

A large proportion of a generation ? You surely don’t believe that ? If you do no wonder she is getting away with this bollox she has come out with. 

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

It's looking like until there's serious public disorder this is how we will live our lives indefinitely.

I agree mate, I can see it coming though 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It probably won't. In fact, I doubt you'd find a single, credible modeller who, now, would suggest this. 

“Probably”

That’s your opinion.  Apologies if I’m mistaken but haven’t we established that neither of us is a doctor or epidemiologist?

Malinga the Swinga

There is a Scottish election coming soon. Hopefully people opin Scotland will remember who put the country into this state. Covid part of reason but horrific government decision making has made situation far worse. Get her and her party out.

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Should have just closed celtic down they seem to be a habitual covid problem

Not sure how you managed that but that's not my post you've quoted. 😲🥴

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic