Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

8 minutes ago, LMc said:

They've only been open 84 days so that's some going 🤣

I've probably been in about 10 or so pubs and 5 or 6 restaurants and almost always feel safer than I do in shops. 

Was meeting a mate in a pub a few weeks back that had put in a one way system, was taking names, couldn't stand at the bar etc but absolutely nothing enforced 🤣 people standing about wherever and mixing wherever. It was a quick pint. They didn't even take card which was pretty wierd in the current climate. Had to go to a cash machine for the first time in ages. 

As you've said though, majority of pubs are doing an excellent job under the current circumstances. I've probably seen (on social media) people having house parties and breaking the rules more than people breaking rules in pubs.

Funny, i passed the Kings Arms at Tollcross the other day and they have a sign on their window "Cash Only..no Card Payments Accepted".  Must be to do with the risk of transmission from those filthy debit/credit cards🤔

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Whenever this is over, be it 6 months or 5 years, the WHO should be disbanded or as a minimum, reformed. They have shown themselves to be at best useless, and at worst corrupt and guilty of helping China in covering up what happened at end of last year.

Yes, completely agree.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You know the really disgusting thing about today’s “ much anticipated “ announcement is it’s peoples livelihoods which are under threat . Those people must be feeling so anxious / worried just now but who cares about them ? Certainly not the SG who are spinning this out as much  as possible 

The only thing that matters to NS and Scottish government is acting like messiahs to their devotees. If they destroy people's livelihood, then that is sacrifice they are willing to make. 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You know the really disgusting thing about today’s “ much anticipated “ announcement is it’s peoples livelihoods which are under threat . Those people must be feeling so anxious / worried just now but who cares about them ? Certainly not the SG who are spinning this out as much  as possible 

Its easy for NS to make these decisions, given her current salary and that her life is completely unaffected by any of the restrictions she imposes.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Its easy for NS to make these decisions, given her current salary and that her life is completely unaffected by any of the restrictions she imposes.

Exactly what I said the other day.

these scientists and ministers wouldn’t be as quick to enforce things if it was costing them their jobs.

Governor Tarkin

Better get down the offie and panic buy asap, chaps.

When shutting the pubs and banning a glass of wine in restaurants doesn't rid our lands of covid she'll ban the sale of alcohol altogether.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

if they are so worried about the transmissions in pubs they could have changed the current restrictions to something like no alcohol allowed to be sold after 10PM but allow say 15-30 mins supping up time. This would stop people downing drinks at 9.59 and stop the mass exodus at 10, reducing the number of people outside waiting for taxis etc. i think the rules in wales have something similar. It would help keep pubs open and help protect at least some peoples jobs

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Better watch, you will have her followers at your throat. 100% devotion to NS and her party is demanded on all topics, at all times and by everyone.

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just a number, I wouldn't worry about it. Funny it goes up though on the very day that Olga Klebb is announcing new restrictions 

It means nothing without knowing if they are symptomatic or not and whether they are infectious or not.

PCR tests do not give us the information that we really need.

If only we had followed FACTS we wouldn’t need more restrictions.

It should have been posted on here more times to remind us and we maybe wouldn’t be in this mess. 

26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just a number, I wouldn't worry about it. Funny it goes up though on the very day that Olga Klebb is announcing new restrictions 

319 in hospital. Fancy popping around to visit them and tell them that they are just a number?

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

319 in hospital. Fancy popping around to visit them and tell them that they are just a number?

Well said mate 

some people on here still don’t take this seriously enough 

6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

If only we had followed FACTS we wouldn’t need more restrictions.

It should have been posted on here more times to remind us and we maybe wouldn’t be in this mess. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Absolute scaremongering at it's worst. No figures just highest in ages blah blah blah.

No figures? She literally just gave the figures.

FM confirms more than 1,000 new cases in 24 hours

Ms Sturgeon confirms Scotland has recorded 1,054 new cases of Covid in the past 24 hours – an increase of 254 on yesterday’s figure.

The total number of cases is now 34,760.

The new cases represented 13.0% of newly-tested individuals.

Of the new cases:

• 410 are in NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
  • 195 in Lanarkshire
  • 190 in NHS Lothian

Ms Sturgeon says 319 people are in hospital with the virus – up by 57 in the past 24 hours.

28 of these patients are in ICU, up three on yesterday.

Edited by Ray Gin

27 minutes ago, LMc said:

They've only been open 84 days so that's some going 🤣

I've probably been in about 10 or so pubs and 5 or 6 restaurants and almost always feel safer than I do in shops. 

Was meeting a mate in a pub a few weeks back that had put in a one way system, was taking names, couldn't stand at the bar etc but absolutely nothing enforced 🤣 people standing about wherever and mixing wherever. It was a quick pint. They didn't even take card which was pretty wierd in the current climate. Had to go to a cash machine for the first time in ages. 

As you've said though, majority of pubs are doing an excellent job under the current circumstances. I've probably seen (on social media) people having house parties and breaking the rules more than people breaking rules in pubs.

Oh aye mate, me and my new GF have probably been to every good pub/restaurant from Dunbar, North Berwick, Leith, Edinburgh to South Queensferry 😂 

The majority are doing everything they can. The Police should be enforcing personal restrictions and there should be random and constant inspections of pubs and restaurants. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Ray Gin said:

No figures? She literally just gave the figures.

You really are scared to death of this aint ya? 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Absolute scaremongering at it's worst. No figures just highest in ages blah blah blah.

Not true mate 

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

You really are scared to death of this aint ya? 

You claimed she hadn't given any stats so I gave you them.

coatbridgejambo
23 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Whenever this is over, be it 6 months or 5 years, the WHO should be disbanded or as a minimum, reformed. They have shown themselves to be at best useless, and at worst corrupt and guilty of helping China in covering up what happened at end of last year.

Spot on.

You wont here that on your mainstream news channels

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You want to tell those whose appointments for scans and operations have been cancelled that they aren't as important as Covid patients? If you have family who are suffering from cancer, lets hope they survive till we make space for them.

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not true mate 

Don't call me mate. You witnessed people breaking rules and did nothing. You are partly responsible for the increased spread of this killer virus.

Twit.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

You want to tell those whose appointments for scans and operations have been cancelled that they aren't as important as Covid patients? If you have family who are suffering from cancer, lets hope they survive till we make space for them.

Why, I've never claimed they aren't important?

Just now, milky_26 said:

so it is dont travel if you dont need to but still go on holiday if you have something booked. ridiculous

She's all over the place

32 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If that is the case, then these should be closed down and those that follow rules, can be left to open. Why did government and universities want their campuses open and allow students to return? Would that be because the same professors who are making recommendations get their salaries from the universities who need the students to pay these frauds their salaries. Absolute con.

Hope you don't mean the academic gravy train? Who would have thought that thousands of students coming from all over the world to stay in shared accommodation in the same part of town would result in hundreds of them catching the 'rona. I mean you would have to be a highly paid adviser to work that kind of shit out. Even though it had literally just happened in American Campuses beforehand.

Maybe those who deprive others of an income should show some empathy and forfeit their income in solidarity? Mibbee make them reconsider?

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Better watch, you will have her followers at your throat. 100% devotion to NS and her party is demanded on all topics, at all times and by everyone.

I've been SNP for as long as I can remember but they're pushing it. Not happy with their management of this at all.

The new restrictions are beyond a joke tbh. I know many people in hospitality and the work they've put in the last few months (carrying out SG instructions) they should be rewarded, not kicked in the teeth.

Shooter McGavin

Pubs, restaurants & cafe’s are to be closed for two weeks, but only in Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Lanarkshire, Ayrshire & Arran, Lothian and Forth Valley.

Elsewhere it’s 6pm closures and banned from selling alcohol indoors.

Already seeing conflicting information & misleading headlines everywhere though. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Stricter restrictions on pubs, restaurants & cafe’s selling alcohol, but only in Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Lanarkshire, Ayrshire & Arran, Lothian and Forth Valley.

So about 90% of the population...

manaliveits105

was never going to close the pubs in weegieland without doing the capital - our figures arent great but only half of there 

measures are only "disruptive"  not a lockdown  though ay 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a lot of pish.

Selfish twit. Your couple of pints in the afternoon at your local pub are infecting literally hundreds of students with LONG COVID. 

And if you can't see the link between the glass or two of wine you enjoy with your meal at your local independent eaterie and the MASSIVE SPIKE in transmission you're causing at already outlawed council estate house parties then you're stupid as well as selfish.

:cornette_dog:

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Selfish twit. Your couple of pints in the afternoon at your local pub are infecting literally hundreds of students with LONG COVID. 

And if you can't see the link between the glass or two of wine you enjoy with your meal at your local independent eaterie and the MASSIVE SPIKE in transmission you're causing at already outlawed council estate house parties then you're stupid as well as selfish.

:cornette_dog:

I’m bad.

:P

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Stricter restrictions on pubs, restaurants & cafe’s selling alcohol, but only in Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Lanarkshire, Ayrshire & Arran, Lothian and Forth Valley.

Aye but people from these places can't travel to, the borders for example to a pub or restaurant.

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

So about 90% of the population...

Apologies mate, see my edited post.

Already misleading headlines/articles doing the rounds. 

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Apologies mate, see my edited post.

Already misleading headlines/articles doing the rounds. 

👍

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

She's going cap in hand to nasty  Westmonster for a bail out.

Hope they tell her to bolt

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

waffling now - show us the hard stats 

I can't deny it, she is a brilliant waffler

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic