Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

More likely she put it up because it dovetails nicely with her views.

Which appears is running at 98% (guess, plucked out of thin air I admit) of scientific view across the world.

Edited by DETTY29

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Which is running at 98% (guess, plucked out of thin air I admit) of scientific view across the world.

I heard it was less than 10% of the scientific view across the world. (a made up figure but hey it seems to be ok to do that)

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yesterday afternoon, my Mrs got told by her regional manager to expect her coffee shop opening times to change to 12pm - 6pm, after todays announcement.

That doesn't really make sense at all, so it'll probably be correct. 

Would that have a big impact on you and your family?

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Very small brief on German science view.  (I'll assume given that it has been put up on Twitter by Sridhar this is a widely held view in Germany)

Screenshot_20201007-102347_Twitter.jpg

So the things the experts on here tell us we should be doing are not options and long-term damage is a thing. That'll go down well. :lol: 

giphy-downsized.gif

Are we to believe that the government are phoning round coffee shops to tell them what they are going to announce in advance of the announcement.

No offence but there's been multiple claims (all different) in the last week alone, no doubt one will be right and claim itk status.

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yesterday afternoon, my Mrs got told by her regional manager to expect her coffee shop opening times to change to 12pm - 6pm, after todays announcement.

That doesn't really make sense at all, so it'll probably be correct. 

As you say that sounds crazy but no real surprise if true 

Picking up a coffee at 8am on my way to work is deadly but I’m safe and good to go Pick one up for my lunch 👍

I think the best approach is for the Police to actually do their jobs for once and enforce the personal restrictions. 

The wearing of masks. Hand sanitising. Temps taken. Social distancing.. Etc... Because the choice is basically a small personal sacrifice or, you lose pubs and restaurants, folks jobs, places to go etc... Which is surely worse. 🤷

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

More likely she put it up because it dovetails nicely with her views.

The problem with the Covid obsession is that it looks at this illness in isolation. Daily stars, graohs, percentage increases, deaths etc etc. Designed deliberately of course to fool the public that, somehow, Coronavirus is a threat to the human race. Again, why?  They don't tell you, despite the hyperbole about hospital admissions , that only 3% of beds are occupied by Covid patients , even now. Or that normal daily hospital admissions in England, of patients with respiratory illnesses, in winter exceed 1000. Who is benefitting from this scaremongering campaign?

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So the things the experts on here tell us we should be doing are not options and long-term damage is a thing. That'll go down well. :lol: 

giphy-downsized.gif

To counter that from British academics - https://uk.yahoo.com/news/herd-immunity-call-backed-british-164934009.html

Feck knows who to believe...

Just now, Ray Gin said:

There are no experts on here just people with differing views.

On the German thing - how do they know immunity doesn't last long enough? They are still trying to confirm that any immunity takes place never mind how long it lasts. Has there been anyone infected twice? Only one I heard of was a false positive.

Not possible to shield the vulnerable because they can't be identified and isolated? Might want to let my granny know that who was shielding and isolated after being identified as vulnerable.

As for the lasting damage, well yes we know. Lots of illnesses have lasting damage.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

I heard it was less than 10% of the scientific view across the world. (a made up figure but hey it seems to be ok to do that)

I should have said 90%, then if all news outlets put up an arguement from each side, then we'd both be on a 40% differential...

Does seem from what I see that her view is more the mainstream view.  Of course depends on what we all choose to watch and read.

jack D and coke
20 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

To be fair, it's just one of them with a main account and an emoji only account. 

:lol: ffs, so just to clarify...do you think I’m him or is he me?

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think the best approach is for the Police to actually do their jobs for once and enforce the personal restrictions. 

The wearing of masks. Hand sanitising. Temps taken. Social distancing.. Etc... Because the choice is basically a small personal sacrifice or, you lose pubs and restaurants, folks jobs, places to go etc... Which is surely worse. 🤷

Resources are the problem when it comes to Policing.

Haven't seen this put up but this is the rumour going round.  It may be real scenarios being looked at by SG, leaked as fake news to gauge public interest, or is just single fish someone has made up.

We can compare by 3.00pm-ish 

Screenshot_20201007-104120_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Would that have a big impact on you and your family?

With current levels of revenue, taking away morning business will likely result in shop closing and her being put on 'temporary' redundancy, due to the new conditions in her contract.

Possibly only speeding up the inevitable anyway.

Just now, graygo said:

Thanks, a couple of dozen cases out of 39million infections.

I think in scientific terms that is zero.

I think you'll find that in scientific terms that is a couple of dozen.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I should have said 90%, then if all news outlets put up an arguement from each side, then we'd both be on a 40% differential...

Does seem from what I see that her view is more the mainstream view.  Of course depends on what we all choose to watch and read.

Well quite, I listened to CNN last week saying how Boden had run rings round trump then flicked over to Fox who said the exact opposite.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I think you'll find that in scientific terms that is a couple of dozen.

Nope, they class that as zero.

Actually, ok let's call it negligible.

Edited by graygo

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Thanks, a couple of dozen cases out of 39million infections.

I think in scientific terms that is zero.

Only 10% of the world has had it according to WHO. The chances of someone catching it twice are pretty slim to start with. On top of that we obviously don't know how long immunity lasts.

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Spot on Cruyff. But out glorious leader and her acolytes think it is reeaally horrible to either judge or stigmatise people. We are a nice wee progressive, open, welcoming country you see. All we have to do is plead with people and, as everyone is so good, and nice, then they will just comply , so as to help their fellow citizens.  What a great wee place to live.  That is , unfortunately,  how the warped mind of our ruling Scottish elite think, while hidden away in the Holyrood bubble.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Only 10% of the world has had it according to WHO. The chances of someone catching it twice are pretty slim to start with. On top of that we obviously don't know how long immunity lasts.

The 39 million figure came from the link he posted and yes, not knowing how long immunity lasts was kind of the point I made which goes against the German scientists view posted by Devi Sridhar.

33 minutes ago, graygo said:

Have you got a source for that because the last poll I saw on it showed the opposite to be true, if they are losing that confidence then they are in big shit.

Just a rule of thumb based on what people who were all-in SNP and Indy have been saying to me and on message boards in general.  A lot don't like Labour but will be changing their vote to them.

I would still expect the SNP to win the holyrood election as it stands just now, but possibly without a nationalist majority next year.

11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Haven't seen this put up but this is the rumour going round.  It may be real scenarios being looked at by SG, leaked as fake news to gauge public interest, or is just single fish someone has made up.

We can compare by 3.00pm-ish 

Screenshot_20201007-104120_WhatsApp.jpg

Lets hope Nicola and the dentist show us a breakdown of the track and trace causes to justify those actions.

HOSPITALITY SENDS S.O.S. MESSAGE TO GOVERNMENT!
Along with hundreds of other hospitality businesses across Scotland, this week we broadcast an SOS message from our premises by flashing our lights in Morse Code.
Due to ever increasing Scottish Government restrictions, many of which like the music ban and 10pm curfew are simply not supported by evidence, most Hospitality Premises are now trading at a fraction of the turnover needed to survive and with existing restrictions are at risk of failure within weeks. Did you know we are the only country to ban music come on guys enough is enough!!!
Over 100,000 Scottish jobs and thousands of small Scottish businesses are now at imminent risk of failure without urgent government support.
Please like, share, and tag your MP and MSP.

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

tenor.gif

I'm sure they'll not bother researching further then. 

Handily deleted my edit which was done before you quoted me.

Well played sir.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Handily deleted my edit which was done before you quoted me.

Well played sir.

I quoted you right after you posted your original but got distracted by a work e-mail before actually replying. Glad we are agreed(ish). Consider the sarcastic Lawrence rescinded. 

Edited by Ray Gin

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Just a rule of thumb based on what people who were all-in SNP and Indy have been saying to me and on message boards in general.  A lot don't like Labour but will be changing their vote to them.

I would still expect the SNP to win the holyrood election as it stands just now, but possibly without a nationalist majority next year.

All the latest polls suggest an increase in their support.

By the way, they don't have a majority in Holyrood just now 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I quoted you right after you posted your original but got distracted by a work e-mail before actually replying. Glad we are agreed(ish). Consider the sarcastic Lawrence rescinded. 

👍

36 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I was supportive of the 'educational' approach by PS, but unfortunately it might be the time to get tougher.

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

With current levels of revenue, taking away morning business will likely result in shop closing and her being put on 'temporary' redundancy, due to the new conditions in her contract.

Possibly only speeding up the inevitable anyway.

Not comforting news then.

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

He's an expert in Public Health, calling him the dentist makes you look foolish.

He may be an expert, but he's certainly not effective.

23 minutes ago, graygo said:

All the latest polls suggest an increase in their support.

Polls are rarely accurate, and the general public are getting increasingly pissed off, and no longer buying the attempts to blame Westminster for everything.

23 minutes ago, graygo said:

By the way, they don't have a majority in Holyrood just now 

I know - I said nationalist majority.

50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: ffs, so just to clarify...do you think I’m him or is he me?

Sorry, my mistake.  Thought he was referring to another poster. Only 1 Jack D...unless it's a double👍

26 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

He's an expert in Public Health, calling him the dentist makes you look foolish.

He isn't doing a very good job of things health related.  Was he even first pick after Calderwood resigned - I thought the best candidate was overlooked for being a unionist?

If he was an expert on being a dentist, I'd like to know why it will be 18 months in April before my next scheduled six-monthly check-up?

Edited by frankblack

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sorry, my mistake.  Thought he was referring to another poster. Only 1 Jack D...unless it's a double👍

:lol: 👍🏼

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

And that is a perfectly valid view to have, but it really gets on my tits when people dismiss him as a dentist.

I wonder what restrictions are coming our way this afternoon? It looks to be like it is going to be something based on the reduction of alcohol sales and households mixing, how they are going to perm that who knows?? 

Hopefully it won't go much further than what we have in place just now.

The crazy thing is that a 2 week period of "tartan prohibition" will only serve to drive alcohol underground. What do these experts think that university students will do? Or Old Firm fans? And how exactly will being in a restaurant,  sanitised with tables apart, wearing a mask while on the floor be any different with or without alcohol.  If true, it's madness on stilts.

25 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not comforting news then.

She's just been updated. Again it's not official but been told her cafe can stay open as normal but pubs closed for two weeks. No alcohol to be served in restaurants etc

Maybe people will go for coffee instead of pints....

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He isn't doing a very good job of things health related.  Was he even first pick after Calderwood resigned - I thought the best candidate was overlooked for being a unionist?

If he was an expert on being a dentist, I'd like to know why it will be 18 months in April before my next scheduled six-monthly check-up?

I don't think he replaced Calderwood, Frank iirc. That was The GP, Gregor Smith. I don't know whether The Dentist was in post before or not. He might have been deputy to The Chiropractor but don't quote me on that😄

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

She's just been updated. Again it's not official but been told her cafe can stay open as normal but pubs closed for two weeks. No alcohol to be served in restaurants etc

Maybe people will go for coffee instead of pints....

I know you’re only going on what you have been told but it would be crazy not to be allowed a drink with your meal 

A couple can’t have a glass of wine with their meal is hard to believe but will find out soon enough 

Ron Burgundy
4 minutes ago, theshed said:

I know you’re only going on what you have been told but it would be crazy not to be allowed a drink with your meal 

A couple can’t have a glass of wine with their meal is hard to believe but will find out soon enough 

I think that's very possible. She really hates those that like a drink.

7 minutes ago, theshed said:

It does seem illogical. 

6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think that's very possible. She really hates those that like a drink.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

FFS. 

37 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Does the National Clinical Director directly report into the Chief Medical Officer?

Is the CMO a more senior position or are they peers?

Is the Deputy CMO a more likely candidate to deputise until the CMO role is advertised and filled?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic