Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Too many people are meeting up with more than one household in the pubs and get  closer to each other than 2m - you only have to look at social media and you will often see people taking photos with each other next to other people in pubs 

Complete nonsense.  You are out of touch with reality my friend.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

He's a H1bS fans alter-ego. 100%.

He's very dedicated though, I will give him that.

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

If this ‘leak’ proves to be true, then they’ve completely lost the plot.. 

I think they will come to regret this decision. (IMO)

Na there’s too many who just can’t bring themselves to ever criticise. 
I agree though they’ve completely lost the plot. 
If true and tbh I think all these leaks and sort of pre-announcement yesterday is all part of the softening up. Big set up plays for her to tap home the misery today. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I know, what I don't get is why some got launched from here yesterday yet he remains?

STV news have just mentioned  the pub closure.

Feels like the govt  have been drip feeding the public for a while now so it doesn't come as a huge shock when announced 

Edited by Fun Boaby

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If you are referring to me - don’t make false accusations mate 

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Too many people are meeting up with more than one household in the pubs and get  closer to each other than 2m - you only have to look at social media and you will often see people taking photos with each other next to other people in pubs 

I have seen no proof of that.

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I know, what I don't get is why some got launched from here yesterday yet he remains?

Who knows.

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If you are referring to me - don’t make false accusations mate 

Zip it .

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Go on any social media and have a look through photos and you will see 

46 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Is McCowans at Fountain Park not part of Greene King? Brilliant place to go for food and drinks so shame if that was to happen.

It is part of that chain yes.

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

1054 more cases

not good at all

Stay safe my little hobbit.

Keep dealing in the FACTS.

43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Go away you silly little clown

Watch what you’re saying to this guy, I got banned from a thread yesterday within 2 minutes of saying he’d post for zeefuik to get signed on the striker needed thread.

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

His recollection is pretty accurate from my experience. Perhaps not in Town pubs but absolutely in more local boozers.

Edited by hughesie27

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

His recollection is pretty accurate from my experience. Perhaps not in Town pubs but absolutely in more local boozers.

Thanks for the support 

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

This. I've been in loads of boozers and every one of them have taken every precaution necessary to safeguard their business and customers. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

This. I've been in loads of boozers and every one of them have taken every precaution necessary to safeguard their business and customers. 

So you never see people sitting too close to each other or talking selfie pics with each other?

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So have I. It’s the laziest assumption of them all that pubs are to blame. 

Dennis Reynolds

I've been in a lot more pubs that have been sticking very rigidly to the rules than not. Even the pubs that had little to no precautions still took my details though. There are still a few that have done the absolute bare minimum though.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

People are going to lose their jobs over this....

Absolutely no one in Scottish government cares if people lose their jobs or their homes. They have thrown their hat in with scientists that believe Covid is the only show in town. Anything that doesn't have Covid focus is being thrown aside with undue haste and people who suffer from mental health issues, delayed scans or operations will find their worries and concerns brushed aside as 'not important'.

Interesting that more and more scientists coming out with opposition to current policy, but so far, government frightened to change their opinion and path. Would take politicians with far bigger bollocks than either Scottish or UK government has shown.

So you never see people sitting too close to each other or talking selfie pics with each other?

Nope. Every bar/pub/restaurant that I have been in have been extremely strict. 

And I've probably been in 100 different places since they reopened after Lockdown, easily. 

Jambo 4 Ever

And not enough people are sticking to FACTS either 

I see people outside pubs smoking and they are within 2 metres of each other too - not good enough 

9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Watch what you’re saying to this guy, I got banned from a thread yesterday within 2 minutes of saying he’d post for zeefuik to get signed on the striker needed thread.

Cheers Robbo👍

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Cruyff said:

And I've probably been in 100 different places since they reopened after Lockdown, easily. 

What about tables where there are more than 2 people - probably more than 2 households too

The Real Maroonblood

I see people outside pubs smoking and they are within 2 metres of each other too - not good enough 

:lol:

Ron Burgundy

Did you not make a citizens arrest? You are part of the problem if you are seeing all these issues and not stepping in.

You have blood on your hands mate.

Heartsmad1874
14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

1054 more cases

not good at all

One death yet many redundancies coming for thousands of people.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

So have I. It’s the laziest assumption of them all that pubs are to blame. 

Yep. Last night I watched the Hearts game at a pub. I had to sanitise my hands when entering. Had my temp taken. Had to wear a mask to my table. Had to fill in a track and trace form. Then the barman took my order. If I wanted to use the loo, it was one in, one out. That has pretty much been the case at every pub or restaurant I've been to. Some are stricter than others but they all have had measures in place. 

What else can they do? 

I think it is a disgrace that their trade may be restricted further when the majority of them have not had one case. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If that is the case, then these should be closed down and those that follow rules, can be left to open. Why did government and universities want their campuses open and allow students to return? Would that be because the same professors who are making recommendations get their salaries from the universities who need the students to pay these frauds their salaries. Absolute con.

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What about tables where there are more than 2 people - probably more than 2 households too

In general, no. I haven't. 

16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

1054 more cases

not good at all

Just a number, I wouldn't worry about it. Funny it goes up though on the very day that Olga Klebb is announcing new restrictions 

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If that is the case, then these should be closed down and those that follow rules, can be left to open. Why did government and universities want their campuses open and allow students to return? Would that be because the same professors who are making recommendations get their salaries from the universities who need the students to pay these frauds their salaries. Absolute con.

Never thought of that. Good point IMO.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They were desperate for the rent. Have you seen how many university digs are in Edinburgh?
Money for them. Screw the hospitality sector tho. Boo fecking hoo for them. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Can I ask how a certain poster on here is still getting away with what he’s doing? 

There are are people about to lose their livelihoods in coming weeks and months and he’s on here winding everyone up 

Total joke he gets away with this 😡

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

They've only been open 84 days so that's some going 🤣

I've probably been in about 10 or so pubs and 5 or 6 restaurants and almost always feel safer than I do in shops. 

Was meeting a mate in a pub a few weeks back that had put in a one way system, was taking names, couldn't stand at the bar etc but absolutely nothing enforced 🤣 people standing about wherever and mixing wherever. It was a quick pint. They didn't even take card which was pretty wierd in the current climate. Had to go to a cash machine for the first time in ages. 

As you've said though, majority of pubs are doing an excellent job under the current circumstances. I've probably seen (on social media) people having house parties and breaking the rules more than people breaking rules in pubs.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I know it must seem strange to you, but not everyone stays in a one room bedsit. Some of us have families and actually go out with them. It is called living. Perhaps you should consider going out and make some friends. Life is better (most of the time) when you are not on your own.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And there are plenty cons like that. Patrick Vallance and his hefty shareholding with GSK, his partner in gloom Chris Whitty and his income from WHO.  Much as I disagree with him, Donald Trump was entitled to say, having tested positive, that Covid was no worse than flu. Facebook , in a sinister twist, deleted his comment. Mmmm, I'm sure they'll be making money from all this too.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I know it must seem strange to you, but not everyone stays in a one room bedsit. Some of us have families and actually go out with them. It is called living. Perhaps you should consider going out and make some friends. Life is better (most of the time) when you are not on your own.

JudyJudyJudy

You know the really disgusting thing about today’s “ much anticipated “ announcement is it’s peoples livelihoods which are under threat . Those people must be feeling so anxious / worried just now but who cares about them ? Certainly not the SG who are spinning this out as much  as possible 

6 minutes ago, theshed said:

Can I ask how a certain poster on here is still getting away with what he’s doing? 

There are are people about to lose their livelihoods in coming weeks and months and he’s on here winding everyone up 

Total joke he gets away with this 😡

Just ignore him. Too many people rise to his bait. I've been guilty of it too. A total space cadet getting his jollies at other people's expense.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And there are plenty cons like that. Patrick Vallance and his hefty shareholding with GSK, his partner in gloom Chris Whitty and his income from WHO.  Much as I disagree with him, Donald Trump was entitled to say, having tested positive, that Covid was no worse than flu. Facebook , in a sinister twist, deleted his comment. Mmmm, I'm sure they'll be making money from all this too.

Whenever this is over, be it 6 months or 5 years, the WHO should be disbanded or as a minimum, reformed. They have shown themselves to be at best useless, and at worst corrupt and guilty of helping China in covering up what happened at end of last year.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic