• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Is she banning alcohol being bought from shops as well?

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Not yet, but give her time.

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

It’s being running through the populations for months and deaths are still low 

“Low” is a matter of opinion, surely?  And it hasn’t really run uncontained through the population.

6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Civil rights being defended via pub sit-ins, with every pint supped being an act of defiance, and an essential means to protect the rights of future generations. 

:interehjrling:

How many roads must a man walk down...😀

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

A large proportion of a generation ? You surely don’t believe that ? If you do no wonder she is getting away with this bollox she has come out with. 

I don’t really know, it is devastating for the elderly and otherwise infirm though and it seems that it can cause lasting morbidity for some, previously healthy, individuals.

5 minutes ago, FWJ said:

You might be right, but if we let it run through the population (and we don’t know if having it makes you immune or for how long any immunity lasts) then it could kill a large proportion of a generation.

Look, I'm not saying this virus isn't dangerous. And an incredibly difficult balancing act is clearly required to deal with what could be high covid deaths and the utter carnage that could be the economy. 

Hell, something has to be done to stop the rising numbers. But everytime restrictions are put in place, it's only fair to raise awareness of the consequences. And, IMO, it is very, very close to reaching the tipping point of restrictions having even worse consequences than covid. 

I'll say this much, if these restrictions stay in place, we better have one hell of a welfare system in place to deal with the aftermath. 

Nucky Thompson

The SNP have been demonising alcohol for years. The new restrictions are a fecking joke :rofl:

Absolutely winging it big style.

As for her travel advice, she can bolt.

Might come back on Sunday with a boot load of cheap bevy from England :verysmug:

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Nope. not yet anyway

Malinga the Swinga

Also announced that Nat 5 exams cancelled for 2021. Education in Scotland taking a hammering under the watch of Scotland's worst education minister in history, a man who should have gone earlier but was saved by SNP light (green) party. 

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Look, I'm not saying this virus isn't dangerous. And an incredibly difficult balancing act is clearly required to deal with what could be high covid deaths and the utter carnage that could be the economy. 

Hell, something has to be done to stop the rising numbers. But everytime restrictions are put in place, it's only fair to raise awareness of the consequences. And, IMO, it is very, very close to reaching the tipping point of restrictions having even worse consequences than covid. 

I'll say this much, if these restrictions stay in place, we better have one hell of a welfare system in place to deal with the aftermath. 

Correct.

The aftermath will be felt for many years as well.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

But I thought it was the lack of compliance and those pesky kids that were spreading the virus? You can't have it both ways.

To reluctantly misquote the Govan neanderthals, The pandemic is over, why can't we go out?

Not quite sure what you mean in the first paragraph.  I don’t doubt there will be a huge economic cost / depression because of the measures to try to control the spread of this virus, my point is that maybe doing nothing and allowing it to run uncontrolled through the population, killing hundreds of thousands would be worse.  It hasn’t done that, yet.

The Internet
12 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Civil rights being defended via pub sit-ins, with every pint supped being an act of defiance, and an essential means to protect the rights of future generations. 

:interehjrling:

I'm sure future generations would rather we helped them by cutting our carbon emissions and fighting for a less 1984esque society. But getting pished might also do the trick and is also easier? 

5 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Yeah, I agree.  I’m just trying to sit on the fence here because no-one really knows, it’s a new disease.

It's absolutely madness when you think about the beginning of this.

We are a small island who should've shut up shop as soon as it was clear how much of a threat the virus was. Instead we were still allowing flights in and out from high risk areas. No tests were done on incoming passengers. We lockdown for 4 months until numbers fell to single figures then instead of learning from the first wave so to speak, we get done by the exact same error as before and now we are practically locking down again.

We are absolutely shafting ourselves and serious questions need asked at so many levels

Edited by Gone

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Not quite sure what you mean in the first paragraph.  I don’t doubt there will be a huge economic cost / depression because of the measures to try to control the spread of this virus, my point is that maybe doing nothing and allowing it to run uncontrolled through the population, killing hundreds of thousands would be worse.  It hasn’t done that, yet.

Where do you get hundreds of thousands of deaths from? Pure panic.

Measures don't go as far as many other European countries right now, but I assume SG can't go further without a UK approach as ordinarily, it is Westminster that has the fiscal powers required to support industry. 

Not sure how that fits with UKG view that those affected should just get another job.

Howdy Doody Jambo

What will be next, count to 100 in 5s turn anti clockwise 3 times and hop on one leg for 10 seconds before leaving the house in the morning 

More madness from a clueless tin pot Scot Gov and I've actually heard people saying "I think she is doing a good job" 

A socially distanced dole cue will stretch between Edinburgh and Glasgow come the New Year an economic disaster for Christmas  

Oh we are just following scientific advice, get out card 

More pish next week no doubt 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Where do you get hundreds of thousands of deaths from? Pure panic.

From extrapolating the numbers who have already died from it as a percentage of the number of people who have had it.

If it kills 1% of the population that’s 650,000 in the UK.

doctor jambo

She’s going full prohibition , backed by Methodist Leitch.

Some feckin vision for Scotland .

A booze free wasteland

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Seriously? Why? What's the rationale?

Cause the SNP said so. It is one knee jerk reaction to their last knee jerk reaction. Easier to abdicate responsibility than work out a decent and workable response.

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Until Margaret Ferrier is sacked, why should people feel obliged to follow the guidelines? 

How many times has this been said.  A sitting MP can only be sacked by losing a recall vote called by her constituents.  

The best a political party can do is remove the whip (done) and ask them to resign (done).  

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, doctor jambo said:

A booze free wasteland

Alcohol also causes a lot of harm so it’s not a bad things.

if you are a doctor you surely know the harm alcohol does ?!

What have the 3 Stooges Leonard, Davidson and Rennie recommended? What's that pillar of virtue, honesty and integrity, Westminster doing? 

I've lost my job and I want the current political incumbents to assist everyone who is facing redundancy. Westminster better get their finger out! 

12 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I don’t really know, it is devastating for the elderly and otherwise infirm though and it seems that it can cause lasting morbidity for some, previously healthy, individuals.

I accept that but not a large proportion or even remotely close to that. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

A wasteland

Think that sums it up.

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

A booze free wasteland

I haven't been in a pub since March and only one restaurant (Edinburgh's #1), but I've probably had more booze. 

Most breweries are delivering these days and it is wonderful :D

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You can’t be for real.

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I hope if you see someone not following FACTS you will intervene.

It's inaction from people like you who have caused this.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What have the 3 Stooges Leonard, Davidson and Rennie recommended? What's that pillar of virtue, honesty and integrity, Westminster doing? 

I've lost my job and I want the current political incumbents to assist everyone who is facing redundancy. Westminster better get their finger out! 

Well the chancellor thinks anyone who loses job should simply retrain while no one in Scottish government cares. These people are so out of touch it is painful. 

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry, I wasn't terribly clear.

The new punishments handed out today by the First Fuehrer are being put in place because a) people are not following existing guidelines and b) existing guidelines are not tight enough to achieve NS's stated - and fundamentally impossible - goal of elimination. As a consequence of a) and b), the virus has now spread through a larger than planned/foreseen chunk of the population. In other words, the virus is running through the population.

Despite the above, death rates from this deadly virus are still far lower than warrants the imposition of draconian and arbitrary laws that have, are, and will continue to kill and cause suffering to many more people than Covid-19.

(Bits in bold don’t really help IMHO)

I think you’re right, it will be unrealistic to eliminate the virus doing this, but it might help to contain it.

The second paragraph is your opinion and not fact.

Just now, Barack said:

I'll save you the bother:

"Please refrain from name calling."

Ummmm..

Ibrahim Tall

Was planning to go to Oban on Monday, what’s the script I.e. can i still go? 😔

From what I could hear, ‘travel out with your health board area’, ‘don’t cancel any travel plans’ and that hotels etc are still open. Also it was only ‘asking’ not to travel? Bit contradictory.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

I haven't been in a pub since March and only one restaurant (Edinburgh's #1), but I've probably had more booze. 

Most breweries are delivering these days and it is wonderful :D

I was the same but not had any booze delivered now for a couple of months, starting back up on Friday. 😁

Now thinking about one of those Beerhawk pumps.

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

From what I could hear, ‘travel out with your health board area’, ‘don’t cancel any travel plans’ and that hotels etc are still open. Also it was only ‘asking’ not to travel? Bit contradictory.

I would be going if I was you.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll save you the bother:

"Please refrain from name calling."

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Ummmm..

Mate.

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

How many times has this been said.  A sitting MP can only be sacked by losing a recall vote called by her constituents.  

The best a political party can do is remove the whip (done) and ask them to resign (done).  

Well someone actually did point this out to me earlier so there’s really no need for your comment. 

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

That was the bit that stuck out for me and I think answers your question.

Just now, graygo said:

Mate.

It’s ‘mate’ if you aren’t one.

It’s ‘twit’ if you are a silly Billy.

2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Still go, I’ve got a weekend away booked elsewhere in Scotland and will be carrying on as normal. 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I was the same but not had any booze delivered now for a couple of months, starting back up on Friday. 😁

Now thinking about one of those Beerhawk pumps.

I'm enjoying my brewery tour. Currently on Beavertown and it is most excellent, although a tad pricey.

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Well someone actually did point this out to me earlier so there’s really no need for your comment. 

To be fair, you can't expect her to read the whole thread before replying, it's the curse of a heavily used forum.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

It’s ‘mate’ if you aren’t one.

It’s ‘twit’ if you are a silly Billy.

I've been called both. ☹️

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, FWJ said:

From extrapolating the numbers who have already died from it as a percentage of the number of people who have had it.

If it kills 1% of the population that’s 650,000 in the UK.

So to save 1%, and that is figure plucked from nowhere and more than anything seen, many of who would have died in coming months through other illness, we are sacrificing thousands of jobs, future generations through hitting education, and hundreds of thousands through problems with mental health, depression and suicide.

of course, we aren't really doing anything as we allowed travellers in, leave supermarkets open, have university campuses open, allow schools to be open, and many others. We are simply politicking, playing with people's lives, trying to appear statesman like.

Sounds like a good deal.

56 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty sure about 90% of people testing positive will have been in supermarket. Can we close them as well?

As an essential service, no.

2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You can still go if you want. It's up to you. She has given you the power to decide. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic