• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

I think you'll find that in scientific terms that is a couple of dozen.

In statistical terms it's practically **** all though, which is what he was clearly driving at. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, graygo said:

Pubs can open from 6am to 6pm but can't serve alcohol?

FFS.

That should keep them afloat.

Next lockdown will be restaurants can open but not have customers.

23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

IMG-20201007-WA0000.jpg

But do nothing about the massive number of cases in universities.  Need that rent money after all. 

Heartsmad1874

28 minutes ago, theshed said:

I know you’re only going on what you have been told but it would be crazy not to be allowed a drink with your meal 

A couple can’t have a glass of wine with their meal is hard to believe but will find out soon enough 

BYOB 😎😎

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

That should keep them afloat.

Next lockdown will be restaurants can open but not have customers.

I remember years ago that pubs could only serve alcohol all day if they did food. Cue pubs getting in microwaves and sales of Rustler burgers going through the roof.

Heartsmad1874
26 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

IMG-20201007-WA0000.jpg

How will they offer financial help to the hospitality sector?? Money from where, Westminster??

I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

How will they offer financial help to the hospitality sector?? Money from where, Westminster??

I doubt it.

maybe use the money that doncaster, maxwel et al wee hoping would go to celtic scottish football

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think that's very possible. She really hates those that like a drink.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

According to bar staff in my local 14.50.

Our wee puritanical Obergruppenführer hates you, TRM. 

Try not to cry into your afternoon pint, mate. :(

37 minutes ago, theshed said:

I know you’re only going on what you have been told but it would be crazy not to be allowed a drink with your meal 

A couple can’t have a glass of wine with their meal is hard to believe but will find out soon enough 

I've got until my company year end to take my wife and I out for my annual Christmas party.

We were booked in for a tasting meal on 25th and chances of it getting rescheduled before 31st are slim.

Tasting menu with no booze.  'Sake.

Surely an 6 drink restriction per person would be a far more reasonable shout.

Heartsmad1874

Don't know if that photo that Hughesie posted is accurate or not but to say indoor attractions can stay open cause they are Covid secure whilst most if not all restaurants and bars have done everything they could to make their businesses safe can't.

Real kick in the stains that if true. 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Our wee puritanical Obergruppenführer hates you, TRM. 

Try not to cry into your afternoon pint, mate. :(

👍

10 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Don't know if that photo that Hughesie posted is accurate or not but to say indoor attractions can stay open cause they are Covid secure whilst most if not all restaurants and bars have done everything they could to make their businesses safe can't.

Real kick in the stains that if true. 

There must be some other way (then again why is bevvying the most important part of our civil liberties?).

Just more stringent measures surely.

Staff need to ID folk and their addresses;  Screens put up if need be;  Hand sanitisers at every table; record (not individuals) number of times people have been asked to leave if continually raising voices; tougher licencing controls if officers visit premises and regulations are being broken; booking system and so on.

That said, all needs to be backed up with evidence and makes a difference.

Edit - as mentioned above the vast majority of hospitality venues are doing as much as they can, if not more.

Edited by DETTY29

Harry Potter
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

I remember years ago that pubs could only serve alcohol all day if they did food. Cue pubs getting in microwaves and sales of Rustler burgers going through the roof.

Rustler burgers🥴

Jambo 4 Ever
27 minutes ago, graygo said:

Pubs can open from 6am to 6pm but can't serve alcohol?

FFS.

Why the need to drink alcohol at all just now?

Benny Factor
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It gets us through the day reading your posts.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Or ever. Bloody selfish people with their urge for alcohol.

Why can't they just stick to the sober FACTS ?

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

I suspect that the venues are not the major problem, it is more the behaviour and decision making of customers after they have had a few drinks, or especially a lot of drinks. What evidence they have for this I don't know obviously 

The old symptoms / consequences v. root cause analysis.

But is alcohol the root cause and not the pubs, or in reality it is the actions of humans that is the root cause?

Or the government?

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Im not convinced we will see a ban on alcohol in resteraunts etc. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense not that counts for all that much. 

Neither did closing at 10pm when everyone piled into the streets and onto public transport, chippies together but they did that 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Im not convinced we will see a ban on alcohol in resteraunts etc. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense not that counts for all that much. 

Jason Leitch mentioned alcohol specifically yesterday.

I found that quite telling

16 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Jason Leitch mentioned alcohol specifically yesterday.

I found that quite telling

As did Linda Bauld, Edinburgh University's top behavioural professor.

She is on R.  Scotland just now. 

Edit mentioned a few things.

- Cluster spreading in Central Scotland is running out of control.

- Poorly ventilated venues, such as pubs are a problem.

- Infections and spreading among kids still low and even her kids school (no doubt private) have had a case but secondary level are taking good measures with teacher pupil contact adhering to strict social distancing.

- There needs to be evidence (which she hasn't seen) that bringing forward closing time from 10 till 6 would work.  If they do hospitality needs a financial package

-  Hospital admissions increasing (one day same as whole last week)

- Already not enough non-Covid appointments / admissions catch up

- Obvs govts have to look wider than just hospitals and impacts and balance decisions.

- Govts need to get data, research and reasoning to public quicker.  Waiting weeks on SAGE advice being published isn't acceptable.

- Looking across world just now and in - out restrictions, impact on health, virtually no govt getting it close to 100% right.

Edited by DETTY29

The brewer Greene King has just announced that they are closing dozens of pubs with the loss of around about 800 jobs, they are blaming a slump in trade which has been made worse by the 10pm curfew.

Heartsmad1874
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The brewer Greene King has just announced that they are closing dozens of pubs with the loss of around about 800 jobs, they are blaming a slump in trade which has been made worse by the 10pm curfew.

Is McCowans at Fountain Park not part of Greene King? Brilliant place to go for food and drinks so shame if that was to happen.

18 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Oh dear, supplier for Covid swabs is facing supply difficulties. 

Add that to the growing list of failings.

Not just Covid swabs but also blood tests for cancer & heart disease, some GP's are having to ration the use of blood tests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54435226

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not just Covid swabs but also blood tests for cancer & heart disease, some GP's are having to ration the use of blood tests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54435226

But Matt Han Cock says cancer patients will have to wait until Covid is under control.

Both governments are a shambles.

Mr Macleod said the screen grab had been flagged to him by a contact, and while he could not prove it was genuine, he believes it read as if it was government guidance

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Is McCowans at Fountain Park not part of Greene King? Brilliant place to go for food and drinks so shame if that was to happen.

Don't know, never been in it, only time I'm anywhere near Fountain park is where we park the car for home games.

If this ‘leak’ proves to be true, then they’ve completely lost the plot.. 

I think they will come to regret this decision. (IMO)

28 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Oh dear, supplier for Covid swabs is facing supply difficulties. 

Add that to the growing list of failings.

Who's failings? You're not blaming the SG for that are you?

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Radio Ga Ga said:

If this ‘leak’ proves to be true, then they’ve completely lost the plot.. 

I think they will come to regret this decision. (IMO)

How come?

i think it is sensible 

Heartsmad1874
Just now, graygo said:

Who's failings? You're not blaming the SG for that are you?

The failings that have come from the response to this pandemic not just the SG, Westminster, Track and Trace, Test suppliers etc etc etc.

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How come?

i think it is sensible 

Piss off you feckin Trolling roaster, the hospitality industry are NOT the cause of this current spike and you bloody well know it!

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Piss off you feckin Trolling roaster, the hospitality industry are NOT the cause of this current spike and you bloody well know it!

Households mixing is 

and this is where people meet up with other households 

less alcohol means less people breaking the rules or not caring 

and please refrain from name calling 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Households mixing is 

and this is where people meet up with other households 

less alcohol means less people breaking the rules or not caring 

and please refrain from name calling 

If the pubs are shut, people will meet in houses to drink, think about it, the closing of pubs won’t stop the consumption of alcohol. 

In fact I’d say that it is safer to drink in pubs with social distancing than gather unmanaged in a house. 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Radio Ga Ga said:

If the pubs are shut, people will meet in houses to drink, think about it, the closing of pubs won’t stop the consumption of alcohol. 

In fact I’d say that it is safer to drink in pubs with social distancing than gather unmanaged in a house. 

If people do the right thing then they won’t 

2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Anyone with more than an ounce of common sense knows that hospitality is not the cause of the increase. The chance of catching Covid in a well run pub with all the measures in place must be close to ZERO. Supermarkets,  buses etc are far more likely sources of transmission but, of course, they can't touch them. But the biggest cause is among those who blatantly flaunt the rules by holding mass gatherings in halls of residence, house parties etc.  

1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

The verb "to think" will not really resonate with that particular poster, or indeed anyone in #scotgov

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If people do the right thing then they won’t 

Pubs and restaurants have in the main done "the right thing" as dictated to by the SG, now they are getting kicked in the baws with no scientific data to back up the decision.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Pubs and restaurants have in the main done "the right thing" as dictated to by the SG, now they are getting kicked in the baws with no scientific data to back up the decision.

Too many people are meeting up with more than one household in the pubs and get  closer to each other than 2m - you only have to look at social media and you will often see people taking photos with each other next to other people in pubs 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic