• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Seems to be students and care homes causing an upsurge. So shut the pubs and restaurants.....

The new care home surge in cases will tie in with the one or two daily deaths that are now being reported in Scotland

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Where did you hear that?

Roger Daltrey on the radio

Edited by Nucky Thompson

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm very angry about things that haven't happened.

:seething: 

So it would seem.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I feel sorry for all the hospitality venues in Scotland.

The majority have got all their premises covid safe and are sticking by the rules only to be shat on

Seems to be students and care homes causing an upsurge. So shut the pubs and restaurants.....

A snowball in hell kind of day when we agree but we agree.

If only someone could have forseen the absolutely ****ing obvious outcome of opening the Universities up rather than online learning. 

Are politicians of whatever colour,  bearing in mind Doris did the same dahn sarf, that detached from reality?

It's ****ing mesmeric

3fingersreid
32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

WHO covering up for the Chinese Communist Party Regime is the reason why it has become a pandemic. I wouldn't believe them if they told me that grass was green and the sky is blue. 

Correct and all this because of bat broth. World domination without firing a bullet .

Furlough ends in a fortnight ? Hundreds of thousands of job losses incoming ☹️

3fingersreid
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

A snowball in hell kind of day when we agree but we agree.

If only someone could have forseen the absolutely ****ing obvious outcome of opening the Universities up rather than online learning. 

Are politicians of whatever colour,  bearing in mind Doris did the same dahn sarf, that detached from reality?

It's ****ing mesmeric

The politicians regardless of whichever party politics you support should be ashamed at how this is paning out .

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Correct and all this because of bat broth. World domination without firing a bullet .

Furlough ends in a fortnight ? Hundreds of thousands of job losses incoming ☹️

Aye, so they say. 

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

The politicians regardless of whichever party politics you support should be ashamed at how this is paning out .

This. Politicians are arseholes. 

highlandjambo3

Government taking advice from the SPFL you think?

heartstastic

Get your fresh 'conspiracy' here peeps..100% fact checked too. They invite you to check there facts and debunk them...get on it you crazy deniers.

It is beyond absurd now to think there isn't a hidden agenda behind whats going on.The world is run by criminals  who don't have our best interests at heart..far from it. The sooner people accept that it the sooner we can do something about it.

If your solution is to sit and do nothing while they wreck peoples lifes over a disease with a 99.5% survival rate and wait for a vaccine made by these criminal organisations..well for want of a better phrase...god help you.

If you think thousands of doctors round the world (who don't get a voice on the msm channels) who are now openly opposing the Goverments narritives around the world are conspiracy theorists (a term created in 1967 by the CIA to discredit people challenging government narratives) then i would say the issue lies at your door not theirs.

I going to watch this thread from the outside now as it's going round in circles of an endless dichotomy...which funnily enough is exactly what they want and is the same basic trick they always play divide and rule.

I'll be back to honour my bet with @Riddley Walker..i wish you all the very best for now...were going to need it if we don't pull together.

https://www.stopworldcontrol.com/planned/

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-23/1967-he-cia-created-phrase-conspiracy-theorists-and-ways-attack-anyone-who-challenge

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

It’s a bloody disgrace.  I’m SNP (likely to change tomorrow).  Our daughter caught covid at a uni that should never of opened. Should of been online at home.  Now how many thousands have it at Universities? And they can’t come home. 
I’ve also heard from a restaurant owner/friend today that they are convinced / terrified that they and pubs will be ordered to close from Thursday for minimum of 3 weeks. 

If that happens then the SG can just  GTF.  
In our household and families we have followed all the rules but what an absolute arse they’ve made of this- as well as down south. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Is your daughter alright?

Yes. thanks.  Lost her sense of taste , and 6 of their 8 in their flat caught it. Nearly 3 weeks and she will finally be able to leave her Halls from Thursday for at least a walk outside.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Heartsmad1874

Sickening blow for the hospitality industry. Hope they get the support required if they are forced to limit their business and staff don't face redundancies, but i think Nicola and her pals couldn't care less.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

A meta-analysis of mask studies(link below). If like me, you can't be arsed reading the whole thing, here's the conclusion.

Conclusion •  Cloth face masks and coverings for the general public are effective in improving: i) source protection, i.e., reduced   virus transmission from the wearer when they are of   optimal material and construction and fitted correctly; and ii)   wearer protection, i.e., reduced rate of infection of those who wear them. •  Optimal cloth face coverings are made from specific material (e.g., high grade cotton), hybrid and multilayer constructions (e.g., silk-cotton) and need to be fitted correctly. •  Many countries implemented a policy requiring the general public to wear face masks and coverings in all public places by mid-March 2020. •  Countries with no previous history of wearing face masks and coverings amongst the general public rapidly adopted usage such as in Italy (83.4%), the United States (65.8%) and Spain (63.8%) by the end of April 2020. •  A systematic review isolated key socio-behavioural factors to understanding public adherence to wearing face masks and coverings, namely: •  public understanding of virus transmission, including efficacy of source versus wearer protection, diagnostic uncertainty and inability to self-diagnose. •  risk perception, individuals’ underestimation of health risks and perception that protection is only relevant for vulnerable groups, or outside of their proximity. •  previous national pandemic experience resulting in rapid response and socio-political systems, allowing for more or less coordinated action and public trust. •  individual characteristics, such as younger people and men having a lower threat perception and compliance with interventions. •  perceived barriers, lack of supply of surgical masks and perceived competition with medical resources, resource constraints to obtain coverings, comfort and fit. •  Consistent and effective public messaging is vital with nonpharmaceutical interventions more effectively seen as part of ‘policy packages’ to acknowledge: •  interventions as interrelated, to be reviewed in tandem with face masks and coverings related to hand hygiene, sanitizers and social distancing when maintaining the 2 metre or 1 metre+ distancing rule is not possible. •  public communications must be clear, consistent and transparent with inconsistent, premature, alarmist information or that without a clear source raising scepticism and lowering compliance. In England face masks and coverings for the general public in public places have not been mandated beyond public transport and hospitals. Wearing a face mask or covering in the UK has had very low uptake (~25%, late April 2020). The lack of clear recommendations for the general public and low uptake of wearing face masks and coverings may be attributed to: (i) over-reliance on an evidence-based medicine approach and assertion that evidence was weak due to few conclusive RCT (randomised controlled trial) results in community settings, discounting high quality non-RCT evidence. There have been no clinical trials of coughing into your elbow, social distancing and quarantine, yet these measures are seen as effective and have been widely adopted; (ii) inconsistent and changing advice from supranational organisations (WHO, ECDC) and other nations with variation in policy even within the UK; (iii) concern over the applicability of findings across multiple settings (health care versus general public, other pandemics and countries), yet many ‘lessons learned’ from previous pandemics, including public wearing of face masks and coverings, repeat themselves during COVID-19; and, (iv) mix of supply concerns of PPE shortages of surgical face masks with recommendations for face mask and covering wearing for general public.

https://royalsociety.org/-/media/policy/projects/set-c/set-c-facemasks.pdf?la=en-GB&hash=A22A87CB28F7D6AD9BD93BBCBFC2BB24

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

'We won't save your industry. Just go learn something else' :facepalm: 

908B9D52-F509-4139-A8EC-81DF9E8027C6.jpeg

Nothing wrong with that advice

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Nothing wrong with that advice

They could try the hospitality industry. 

Adam_the_legend
27 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

the world is going mad!

Jambo 4 Ever
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They could try the hospitality industry. 

Plenty of call centre & cleaning jobs going 

Who needs music or art eh? 🙄

Completely scunnered by the political classes (Westminster and Holyrood) and their utter disregard for people’s livelihoods and more than that, and equally as insidiously, just slowly trying to suck every bit of enjoyment out of people’s lives. 

That’s our local kid’s play cafe closing down. Spent numerous days in there with the wee man, been open and serving the local community for years and that’s it gone, just like that. It has to stop. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You’ve always been a piss poor troll, but you’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Twit. 

Heartsmad1874
18 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How many unemployed people are applying for these jobs already though? Theres hundreds applying for 2/3 positions within a company add on more who are 'finding new opportunities' the number creeps up by even more hundreds.

For the chancellor to suggest people in a highly skilled industry learn something else shows the disdain the government has for the country, its people and their livelihoods.

4 hours ago, heartstastic said:

Get your fresh 'conspiracy' here peeps..100% fact checked too. They invite you to check there facts and debunk them...get on it you crazy deniers.

It is beyond absurd now to think there isn't a hidden agenda behind whats going on.The world is run by criminals  who don't have our best interests at heart..far from it. The sooner people accept that it the sooner we can do something about it.

If your solution is to sit and do nothing while they wreck peoples lifes over a disease with a 99.5% survival rate and wait for a vaccine made by these criminal organisations..well for want of a better phrase...god help you.

If you think thousands of doctors round the world (who don't get a voice on the msm channels) who are now openly opposing the Goverments narritives around the world are conspiracy theorists (a term created in 1967 by the CIA to discredit people challenging government narratives) then i would say the issue lies at your door not theirs.

I going to watch this thread from the outside now as it's going round in circles of an endless dichotomy...which funnily enough is exactly what they want and is the same basic trick they always play divide and rule.

I'll be back to honour my bet with @Riddley Walker..i wish you all the very best for now...were going to need it if we don't pull together.

https://www.stopworldcontrol.com/planned/

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-23/1967-he-cia-created-phrase-conspiracy-theorists-and-ways-attack-anyone-who-challenge

Well this was last week before Hancock came out with statement about the Military 

being called to distribute vaccines just watch it very revealing “ google 

uk column news Tobias Ellwood  “

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

should take his own advice along with the rest of his peers down there and up here.

It’s obvious they are just trying to piss people off so that they don’t abide by their rules, that way they can turn around and blame the people when things don’t work - it’s already started. 

The government have let us down badly since this all started I’m afraid.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Really? Wow

Ummm people are retraining in different things all the time.  It’s happened before and it will happen again

heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm people are retraining in different things all the time.  It’s happened before and it will happen again

Do you work?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic