Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

she wants to treat us like GROWN UPS - deary deary me !

She wants to, but cannot.

So she MUST tell us what to do instead.

surely if we cannot be trusted as grown ups none of us should be allowed to vote ?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back
25 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Saws on the BBC Scotland new site,

During the briefing, Ms Sturgeon also announced a relaxation to the rules on the number of adults who can attend parent and baby groups.

Up to 10 adults will now be able to gather at the same time when their babies are under a year old, although the existing limit of five parents remains when the children are over 12 months.

So while reducing everyone else's freedom, parents meeting with young babies numbers can double?

I'm not sure I've ever followed the logic to be honest. In saying that there will be lots of parents and small business owners delighted with that news 

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Surely a lie there from her. She and her "party" want to micromanage everything about our daily lives. 

Adam_the_legend
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Aye, her ability for condescension knows no bounds. She works for US!!

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Well it looks like restrictions will be announced tomorrow. 

That’s a rambling briefing that Bojo would have been proud of. Anyway, from what can take out of it. Will be new restrictions but won’t be a lockdown like March, economic and social consequences to great. Travel restrictions will not be imposed. They are looking to target setting where spread occur.  Schools will not be closed. 

There was a slightly different tone from the fish today, I thought. That may be an attempt to counter perceived backlash to suggested lockdown. 

Anyway looks like we’re on hold till tomorrow.

Shes probably seen the backlash coming her way if there is a lockdown and changed her mind 

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Well it looks like restrictions will be announced tomorrow. 

That’s a rambling briefing that Bojo would have been proud of. Anyway, from what can take out of it. Will be new restrictions but won’t be a lockdown like March, economic and social consequences to great. Travel restrictions will not be imposed. They are looking to target setting where spread occur.  Schools will not be closed. 

There was a slightly different tone from the fish today, I thought. That may be an attempt to counter perceived backlash to suggested lockdown. 

Anyway looks like we’re on hold till tomorrow.

Dissent in the cabinet methinks.

"we cannot agree"

Hopefully the start of her downfall

Governor Tarkin

Sturgeon's looking increasing rattled and haggard. I suppose the kind of pressure she's under would take it's toll on anybody with half a concience eventually. 

39 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Yeah my mum is 80..she has COPD, mobilty issues and lives alone on the isle of bute. She is not living in fear of this at all...still goes to the mainland to shop. Infact the most stressed she's been is encountering little napoleon like bus drivers hassling her for not wearing a mask even though she is exempt. Thankfuly she has a of bit fire in her belly and can ward them off...she's got more backbone than a few of the men on here.

That's great, she sounds like a real character. Long may she continue living in that manner👍

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Hopefully the start of her downfall

Fingers crossed. Her empress sturgeon dream is on the wain...thank god!!

heartstastic
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I posted that yesterday this crap needs to stop. Do people want a continuation of this type of this behaviours brought on by government diktact?. Or do we want a society with some rationale, common sense and some well needed compassion and empathy.

If it's the latter that i'd wager that the people need to create it themselves as you ain't going to get it from the current system.

22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Long Covid fascist". That's a new one.

And to say Long Covid as an issue can be separated from the debate about restrictons and to raise it in the context of restrictions is "dishonestly conflating" it with that debate is simply bizarre. Who invented the scary term "Long Covid"? I am sure as with almost all serious illnesses there are after effects, some serious,  but long influenza, long pneumonia, long bronchitis are not illnesses I have heard of. 

Publicising repeatedly the symptoms of Long Covid will inevitably lead to many more cases of Long Covid. I have a number of the symptoms and have good reason to believe I have had Covid. But there are other explanations for the fatigue, muscle pain and loss of smell I "suffer from". (Long old age being one). What is the clinical basis for diagnosing Long Covid?

Long covid is an unknown,  potential burden going forward.  It's still being evaluated and is a legitimate subject.   People with a pre-determined agenda want to shut down any talk of it because it doesn't suit their wider agenda.

Adam_the_legend

I don’t see the point in introducing restrictions then more restrictions before you even know if the previous ones have had an impact. The constant flip flopping seems knee jerk and gives the impression they don’t know what they’re doing which will lead to people just ignoring government advice. Such poor leadership. 

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Long covid is an unknown,  potential burden going forward.  It's still being evaluated and is a legitimate subject.   People with a pre-determined agenda want to shut down any talk of it because it doesn't suit their wider agenda.

I agree it exists.

It is not unique to covid.

Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Life is full of risks, some you can mitigate, some you cannot.

C'est la vie.

This is the apocryphal tale of the wee boy with his finger in the dyke..........

heartstastic
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Awe she’s sounds a real character ! Good on her 👍

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's great, she sounds like a real character. Long may she continue living in that manner👍

Thanks gents she is a born n bred leither funnily enough...she couldn't stand the place though!. Her mum had a hard life, smoked between 40-60 a day into her mid seventies, had a pretty poor diet...and spent about 20 years minus toilet breaks sitting in a chair...she lived till she was 97 and was sharp as a tack till her last day. It's a funny old game this life.

Edited by heartstastic

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

The constant flip flopping seems knee jerk and gives the impression they don’t know what they’re doing which will lead to people just ignoring government advice. Such poor leadership. 

That's because it is knee jerk and they don't know what they're doing. 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

I agree it exists.

It is not unique to covid.

Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Life is full of risks, some you can mitigate, some you cannot.

C'est la vie.

This is the apocryphal tale of the wee boy with his finger in the dyke..........

Or the tale of the FM with her finger in the dyke. Allegedly.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's because it is knee jerk and they don't know what they're doing. 

Yes, quite. 🙄

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Or the tale of the FM with her finger in the dyke. Allegedly.

Aye I've heard murmurings along those lines and the alleged other party being none other than a famous hibs supporting tennis player from Dunblane's mother. Of course could be the usual Internet rumours pish but what a scandal if it was true 😂😂

Jason Leitch almost letting the cat out the bag.

A ban on households meeting indoors and pubs to close is my guess.

(Pubs being closed whilst old firm game is played will 100% be in their thoughts)

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, hmfcbilly said:

Aye I've heard murmurings along those lines and the alleged other party being none other than a famous hibs supporting tennis player from Dunblane's mother. Of course could be the usual Internet rumours pish but what a scandal if it was true 😂😂

The only scandal would be why the need to hide it.

I hate her as she is a megalomaniac who plays the blame game and accepts no responsibility. She is power mad.

3 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Jason Leitch almost letting the cat out the bag.

A ban on households meeting indoors and pubs to close is my guess.

(Pubs being closed whilst old firm game is played will 100% be in their thoughts)

There will be one or two house party’s in Glasgow for the old firm game I’m sure 

Just now, theshed said:

There will be one or two house party’s in Glasgow for the old firm game I’m sure 

I’m sure. The animals can’t help themselves.

11 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Thanks Billy, I was just eating my dinner when I read that. 😄.  Game, set and snatch. Allegedly.👍

29 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So in that case as FA pointed out, there can be long term implications for the flu and other coronaviruses and illnesses.  Why have I never heard the long flu term being used? 

So now the flat earthers have given up on slagging the FM for restrictions she didn't impose and have gone full blown homophobic. I really hope that, once independence happens, you can all find solace in the country down south which appears to be much more in tune with your ideals.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Everyone needs to follow the rules of FACTS

All

Change

To

Stategy?

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So now the flat earthers have given up on slagging the FM for restrictions she didn't impose and have gone full blown homophobic. I really hope that, once independence happens, you can all find solace in the country down south which appears to be much more in tune with your ideals.

Well said. Damn those folk judging others badly. I’m glad you didn’t fall for that. 

doctor jambo
Just now, XB52 said:

If it does happen she wont be in power to bring it in.

Though I do suspect she may have to do a big reveal to distract from her current horror show and make her immune from criticism a la Schofield.

Then she can get lots of "she is well brave" , and "how heroic" chat , whilst the economy burns, and the education system she has destroyed continue to crumble.

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Quite.

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Everyone needs to follow the rules of FACTS

Despite a wide difference in views, pretty much every poster has made reasonable commenst this morning without resorting to trolling or squabbling. Then along you come and down goes thread.

Thanks god we are playing tonight and I won't have to put up with your nonsense.

Weakened Offender
35 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Lol

At you. 

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

FFS, does every thread have to mention independence. 

31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The only scandal would be why the need to hide it.

I hate her as she is a megalomaniac who plays the blame game and accepts no responsibility. She is power mad.

And she thinks she’s more popular than she actually is, most of my friends and family hate her with a passion too, a one trick pony. 

Doctors who have actually experienced the issue vs Kickback sages who have done **** all research.

It's a conundrum re. Long Covid and no mistake.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3489

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2815

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8806875/NHS-officially-recognise-Long-Covid-long-term-coronavirus-effect.html

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jambo4050 said:

Reckon they will close golf courses? ****ing shambles if they do

Would make no sense and show how much she is out her depth. 

Might just need to book a wee trip to Cyprus to get away from her mess. 

22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Is that your vision of a super tolerant independent Scotland? Flat earther if you disagree with the leader? Deportation maybe? Mask slipping a wee bit son.

24 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Homophobia? Does that not involve discriminating against someone purely due to his or her sexuality? Good luck finding evidence of that on this thread. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Tbh mate I’d agree. But then you act like a 4 year old on any SNP thread. 

doctor jambo
8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Doctors who have actually experienced the issue vs Kickback sages who have done **** all research.

It's a conundrum re. Long Covid and no mistake.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3489

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2815

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8806875/NHS-officially-recognise-Long-Covid-long-term-coronavirus-effect.html

Its what I said, it exists, it is similar to other illnesses such as flu, and a number of other viruses.

It is not by any stretch unique, and in keeping with most things, the more screwed you are before catching it, the more screwed you are after it

28 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

If they do announce ban on households meeting up, I think adherence will be poor. 

I have wondered if the idea of lockdown was floated to see the reaction, 

I thought that was already a restriction 

Just now, doctor jambo said:

Its what I said, it exists, it is similar to other illnesses such as flu, and a number of other viruses.

It is not by any stretch unique, and in keeping with most things, the more screwed you are before catching it, the more screwed you are after it

I'm not sure we can say that is correct re. equivalence to flu. Certainly that's not the impression I get from the BMJ video conference in the first link.

Also, we've had reports of marathon runners and other young and fit people experiencing debilitating health issues after being infected with Covid.

Whilst it is too early to say early reports of 10% of people will suffer Long Covid,(as per the Kings College report) are accurate, it's also too early to say it's just the same as other respiratory illnesses.

This is an area that needs more analysis but it's a significant area of concern in my view.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I don’t see the point in introducing restrictions then more restrictions before you even know if the previous ones have had an impact. The constant flip flopping seems knee jerk and gives the impression they don’t know what they’re doing which will lead to people just ignoring government advice. Such poor leadership. 

Have you got an example of this "flip flopping"?

A Pub has just posted this, can’t really argue with what they’re saying. 

It’s been reported today that the First Minister is proposing amongst other things putting further restrictions on the hospitality sector. For over 10 weeks now we at the Crown have had track and trace measures in place and to date we have had not one case of Covid 19 reported and I believe a vast majority of the hospitality sector can justifiably claim the same. This while one University has 793 positive cases. So where is this government getting its facts and advice from? How are they justifying these restrictions and closures? Where is the logic to their actions? Finally is the hospitality sector the real problem or is it as we expect being made the whipping boy and ultimately the scapegoat for inept decision makers and poor leadership who look as if they’re only trying to gain time with these possible new measures till a solution is found.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

A Pub has just posted this, can’t really argue with what they’re saying. 

It’s been reported today that the First Minister is proposing amongst other things putting further restrictions on the hospitality sector. For over 10 weeks now we at the Crown have had track and trace measures in place and to date we have had not one case of Covid 19 reported and I believe a vast majority of the hospitality sector can justifiably claim the same. This while one University has 793 positive cases. So where is this government getting its facts and advice from? How are they justifying these restrictions and closures? Where is the logic to their actions? Finally is the hospitality sector the real problem or is it as we expect being made the whipping boy and ultimately the scapegoat for inept decision makers and poor leadership who look as if they’re only trying to gain time with these possible new measures till a solution is found.

True dat 👶

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic