Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Back to 2005
8 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

A Pub has just posted this, can’t really argue with what they’re saying. 

It’s been reported today that the First Minister is proposing amongst other things putting further restrictions on the hospitality sector. For over 10 weeks now we at the Crown have had track and trace measures in place and to date we have had not one case of Covid 19 reported and I believe a vast majority of the hospitality sector can justifiably claim the same. This while one University has 793 positive cases. So where is this government getting its facts and advice from? How are they justifying these restrictions and closures? Where is the logic to their actions? Finally is the hospitality sector the real problem or is it as we expect being made the whipping boy and ultimately the scapegoat for inept decision makers and poor leadership who look as if they’re only trying to gain time with these possible new measures till a solution is found.

All perfectly reasonable.  Got to feel sorry for hospitality trying to make a living through this shambles.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

It’s been reported today that the First Minister is proposing amongst other things putting further restrictions on the hospitality sector. For over 10 weeks now we at the Crown have had track and trace measures in place and to date we have had not one case of Covid 19 reported and I believe a vast majority of the hospitality sector can justifiably claim the same. This while one University has 793 positive cases. So where is this government getting its facts and advice from? How are they justifying these restrictions and closures? Where is the logic to their actions? Finally is the hospitality sector the real problem or is it as we expect being made the whipping boy and ultimately the scapegoat for inept decision makers and poor leadership who look as if they’re only trying to gain time with these possible new measures till a solution is found.

Yep. I've been to maybe 30 different pubs and 30 different restaurants, possibly more since they re-opened.

I can say that every one of them have taken every precaution possible to ensure the safety of their customers and to safe guard their business. 

The Government's of Scotland and the UK don't have a scooby, they are just looking for a scapegoat to make out like they are doing something. Disgraceful decision if they close Pubs and Restaurants. 

Back to 2005
50 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So now the flat earthers have given up on slagging the FM for restrictions she didn't impose and have gone full blown homophobic. I really hope that, once independence happens, you can all find solace in the country down south which appears to be much more in tune with your ideals.

If you don't like it here then bugger off! Just love the tolerant nats. 

Anyway today was just the warm up for Sturgeon. She will shut all pubs and restaurants tomorrow for minimum 2 weeks. 

Gone past the point of getting annoyed and almost at the point of looking forward to the inevitable fallout. 

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Sturgeon is a joyless puritan.

She cannot close uni's as she needs their idealistic block votes.

Pubs and football?

Not in the Murrell household.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Boris is fighting the nazis again.

He couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paper bag,

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Tbh mate I’d agree. But then you act like a 4 year old on any SNP thread. 

:lol:

coconut doug
51 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So now the flat earthers have given up on slagging the FM for restrictions she didn't impose and have gone full blown homophobic. I really hope that, once independence happens, you can all find solace in the country down south which appears to be much more in tune with your ideals.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

If you don't like it here then bugger off! Just love the tolerant nats. 

Anyway today was just the warm up for Sturgeon. She will shut all pubs and restaurants tomorrow for minimum 2 weeks. 

Gone past the point of getting annoyed and almost at the point of looking forward to the inevitable fallout. 

Seems you are wrong they have not given up on slagging the FM for restrictions that haven't been introduced. 

And another thing, if i were a flat earther i'd be suing you for slander.

Spitonastranger
57 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Unionists on this thread giving each other a reach around :facepalm: 

5 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Have you got an example of this "flip flopping"?

I think most governments have flip flopped. SG example would be when schools were meant to return part time. Another would be the exam results fiasco. Two off the top off my head. As it is a novel virus it is understandable that there will be mistakes and it would be worse if they stood obstinately by their guns.

14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The gangs all here :cornette_dog:

To be fair, it's just one of them with a main account and an emoji only account. 

A look at today's per-Health Board figures shows much of a muchness (all figures new infections per 100,000):

Greater Glasgow: 26

Lanarkshire: 25

Lothian: 18

Forth Valley: 14

Ayrshire & Arran: 11

All the rest: below 10

I'll occasionally post other stats, but I'm bowing out of the conversation here for a while. There are too many tossers on here right now who seem to want to either politically point score or who throw their hands up in sheer horror any time the government do anything at all to try to protect those in our population who need protecting.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

A look at today's per-Health Board figures shows much of a muchness (all figures new infections per 100,000):

I'll occasionally post other stats, but I'm bowing out of the conversation here for a while. There are too many tossers on here right now who seem to want to either politically point score or who throw their hands up in sheer horror any time the government do anything at all to try to protect those in our population who need protecting.

What! No totally misleading charts?

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I don’t see the point in introducing restrictions then more restrictions before you even know if the previous ones have had an impact. The constant flip flopping seems knee jerk and gives the impression they don’t know what they’re doing which will lead to people just ignoring government advice. Such poor leadership. 

Perhaps they've seen cases rising even quicker than anticipated and wqnt to get ahead of it?

1 hour ago, theshed said:

There will be one or two house party’s in Glasgow for the old firm game I’m sure 

And for our Semi Final. Don't see our 2 lots of fans any different.

38 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Seems fair enough.

The Real Maroonblood
51 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Good points.

I can say for certain but I’m sure my local could say the same like many others.

They can’t justify any new restrictions whilst they keep unis open.  Hundreds and hundreds of student infections but yea let’s close down restaurants, piss off. 

Nucky Thompson

I feel sorry for all the hospitality venues in Scotland.

The majority have got all their premises covid safe and are sticking by the rules only to be shat on

heartstastic
1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

It's almost like they are intentionally trying to demoralise the population...putting a stop to all things that people like to do to get outdoors sports and recreation, resturants, pubs, cinemas...whilst leaving you with not many other options rather than being slumped in front of a tv to take a few more shovel loads of propoganda, vague misleading statistics which can be changed at a whim and more mind numbing 'entertainment' than you can possibly consume.

Sounds like some sort of far fetched Government/Behavioural Science team psyop though...i must reign my thoughts in and get in line with the common consenous...my bad.

Edited by heartstastic

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Seems to be students and care homes causing an upsurge. So shut the pubs and restaurants.....

They have made it quite clear that was their strategy as they have lost the plot.  It is political tinkering not based on the data, and that is going to bite them in the arse next year as the public who have followed the rules are now extremely angry.

Edited by frankblack

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why do you find it so funny mate?

If I didn't laugh I'd cry.

And I like you, you're a funny guy.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If I didn't laugh I'd cry.

And I like you, you're a funny guy.

Fair's, fair, you are just quoting the FACTS. :rofl:

In all seriousness, how does the flu kill people?

Quick sharp 2 or 3 days ill, immune system goosed, dead before you know it?

Clinicians have agreed it is not a hospitalization duty of care solution for either the patient or too strenuous on NHS resources to admit the numbers involved. 

Or is it similar to people that die with cancer, cancer doesn't go on the death certificate but cause of death could be pnuemonia or infection or any number of reasons.

We just never hear of it killing current medical staff, over-running hospitals or have hospital staff all over social media begging never to go through what happened April to May ever again.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Fair's, fair, you are just quoting the FACTS. :rofl:

Absolutely Frankie Boy. That's all I deal in.

Cold.

Hard.

FACTS.

Got to love this thread.....

Prior to today's announcement "If she announces lockdown she can stick it".  "Lockdowns are turning us into a Nazi state" blah blah blah

After today's announcement of no national lockdown "She doesn't know what she's doing".  "She's flip flopping".

Brilliant.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Aye I've heard murmurings along those lines and the alleged other party being none other than a famous hibs supporting tennis player from Dunblane's mother. Of course could be the usual Internet rumours pish but what a scandal if it was true 😂😂

Pish internet rumours for certain. At least about the other person. You can take that to the bank (but not just any old bank).

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The majority have got all their premises covid safe and are sticking by the rules only to be shat on

:spoton:

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Everyone needs to follow the rules of FACTS

No they don't, there are exceptions. Stop posting things that aren't true.

People who do this should be banned imo.

Ron Burgundy
7 minutes ago, Gards said:

Prior to today's announcement "If she announces lockdown she can stick it".  "Lockdowns are turning us into a Nazi state" blah blah blah

After today's announcement of no national lockdown "She doesn't know what she's doing".  "She's flip flopping".

Brilliant.

She hasn't announced anything yet. Still playing rock paper scissors with the dentist as to her next decision.

22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

And they should challenge the Scot Gov about the logic behind it.  Notwithstanding the fact it will drive youngsters into mass gatherings elsewhere and house parties. Jason Leitch admitted that they can't pin infections on hospitality , unlike universiry campuses,  however,  he is hiding behind the fact that 40% of positive cases had admitted being in hospitality settings.  No surprise there but then prob nearer 90% or 100% have probably been in supermarkets.  Do we close them down too? Especially now that social distancing has gone right out the window.  Pubs and restaurants are probably among the safest places to be.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, westbow said:

I think most governments have flip flopped. SG example would be when schools were meant to return part time. Another would be the exam results fiasco. Two off the top off my head. As it is a novel virus it is understandable that there will be mistakes and it would be worse if they stood obstinately by their guns.

Definitely the exams fiasco but i thought blended learning and part time school were contingencies. The poster sounded as if he was referring to something more recent though and something unique to the Scottish situation.

doctor jambo
22 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Seems to be students and care homes causing an upsurge. So shut the pubs and restaurants.....

By shutting pubs it stops the students mingling, or going out at all, beacuse they will just stay in thier rooms and study.

Or they will all ram into each others rooms with a monster carry out.

Lifeless Nicola thinks A

I recall B

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

Definitely the exams fiasco but i thought blended learning and part time school were contingencies. The poster sounded as if he was referring to something more recent though and something unique to the Scottish situation.

Blended was definately a contingency, but then when they realised that they had already shafted the poor with the exams fiasco, and that online learning specifically disadvantages the poor, the schools were reopened and have stayed open.

As it should be.

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

By shutting pubs it stops the students mingling, or going out at all, beacuse they will just stay in thier rooms and study.

Lifeless Nicola thinks A

I recall B

Maybe she thinks it will reduce the number of students going into bars and drinking other punters pints, while they are away to the toilet. Added to the fact some will gob into their pint before leaving it, this practice will be responsible for a lot of transmissions.  Certainly in Govanhill anyway. That is the only logical conclusion we can draw from this proposal. 

Back to 2005
11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Lifeless Nicola thinks A

I recall B

Are they not still under house arrest anyway?! 

1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

Aye, fair enough. 👍

Back to 2005
26 minutes ago, Gards said:

Brilliant.

Flip flopping towards a lockdown tomorrow? Pubs and restaurants will be shut tomorrow for a minimum of 2 weeks. 

The Real Maroonblood

I’m trying to look on the positive side if my local is shut for 2 weeks.

It’ll save me a lot of money which I can put forward towards a nice present for the wife.

😉

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The WHO saying vaccine may be ready by end of 2020.

WHO covering up for the Chinese Communist Party Regime is the reason why it has become a pandemic. I wouldn't believe them if they told me that grass was green and the sky is blue. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

WHO covering up for the Chinese Communist Party Regime is the reason why it has become a pandemic. I wouldn't believe them if they told me that grass was green and the sky is blue. 

If you paid them well enough , they would tell you the grass was blue and the sky green

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

If you paid them well enough , they would tell you the grass was blue and the sky green

:spoton:corrupt clowns

Samuel Camazzola
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The WHO saying vaccine may be ready by end of 2020.

You better, you bet. 

7 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Talking bout my vaccination

FHB5g4ILE=

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Agreed that there are too many people on here who act like selfish twits too

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic