Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Sorry man, I'm just tired of all this. The only thing I can care about at this time is my family.

Far to stressed out to care about anything else just now. 

You have nothing to be sorry for. You take care of yourself and your own mate.

Hope things don’t go pear shaped.  

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a remarkable coincidence it is that virtually every opponent of suppression / governmental policies is also an outright vaccine denier / vaccine sceptic and also a 'long covid' fascist.   Long covid is a legitimate topic yet it is always censored by those who know it doesn't suit the wider narrative.

The prospect of vaccines coming and the subject of the unknown scale of long covid are troublesome things for a pre-determined agenda.    So they are denied and ridiculed.    The subject of long covid can essentially exist separate to the debate about restrictions,  yet is dishonestly conflated with the wider debate.   I wonder why.   No I don't actually.   It's very obvious.

Edited by Victorian

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Sorry man, I'm just tired of all this. The only thing I can care about at this time is my family.

Far to stressed out to care about anything else just now. 

No problem.
I absolutely sympathise with you and your position.

I really hope things come good for you.

I really think another lockdown is a step to far.

All the governments in the UK are in my opinion just winging it now.

l’m fortunate any restrictions doesn’t have a huge impact on me.

Stay safe.

Shooter McGavin

So this is life for the foreseeable until we find a vaccine to give to people who are currently 80-90 years old? 

What if the vaccine is 2/3/4 years away?

What does a country, going in and out of lockdown, look like 2/3/4 years down the line?

What is left?

Edited by Shooter McGavin

9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Because they all broke the rules, and none of them, nor their families are dead.

trump is a fat, unhealthy old man.

Prime covid bait

yet there he still is, mask off, waving away

The risks have been MASSIVELY inflated for anyone apart from those at the end of life

half the public think this is bubonic plague

I completely agree but the biggest question has been....why?  Why have govts caused economic damage and impacted on the nation's health, in so many ways, just to focus on Covid??  Last year, Sturgeon spent an entire year grandstanding and globetrotting with Brexit and this year she has spent 9 months standing at a podium and doing nothing else. She loves the limelight and making dramas out of nothing, while furthering her Indy obsession. But other govts...why?? Who is making a lot a money from this population control exercise??

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

So this is life for the foreseeable until we find a vaccine to give to people who are 80-90 years old? 

What does a country, going in and out of lockdown, look like 2/3/4 years down the line?

What is left?

It’s a frightening prospect.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a frightening prospect.

Terrifying mate.

At the stage where I’m a hell of a lot more worried about another lockdown and the affect it will have, than actual Coronavirus.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Spitonastranger
52 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

****ing right they are.

Had the midwife round yesterday and she didn't know how this was going to affect us. She said that if the Mrs goes past Thursday we may have to cancel the home birth and I get to drop her off at the hospital door instead. I should be allowed in for the birth but it could be hazmat suits etc amd then out the door until I come to take them home. That's probably worst case but it cheered us up no end.

hope you an your family the best 

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

If another lockdown is to come in they need some very strong policies to ensure peoples incomes are saved. Jobs, businesses, self employed all need proper protection this time, many won't survive another lay off as they are hanging by a thread already.

And who will pay for this?

The few tax payers left with a job.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Terrifying mate.

At the stage where I’m a hell of a lot more worried about another lockdown and the affect it will have, than actual Coronavirus.

That now seems to be the case with a lot of people.

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

If another lockdown is to come in they need some very strong policies to ensure peoples incomes are saved. Jobs, businesses, self employed all need proper protection this time, many won't survive another lay off as they are hanging by a thread already.

They have no borrowing power to finance it, hence why the "circuit breaker" will not go beyond furlough ending.

The SNP have been trying hard to say they make the decision on health etc which they do, however they are hamstrung when they need government money to support it.

I am not against the SNP and voted for them the last time but for all they done it differently etc we are not in a better position than anyone else, Westminister are not going to have her sniping at them for months then run to the rescue with powers they do have when she asks.

21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ll pass that last paragraph on to my mother.

Aye,

And I wouldn't be surprised that the folk willing to write off elderly and other vulnerable people will be loudest complainers if it happens to their close ones.

Such is society.

Edited by DETTY29

Riddley Walker
30 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

I've posted this before you may or may not have watched it.

What on earth makes you trust her word? It's just her warped mind coming up with an interpretation not based on fact. I find it mental that you'd base the one world government idea on her. Unless there's any actual evidence? She comes across like a rambling idiot tbh.

doctor jambo
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I completely agree but the biggest question has been....why?  Why have govts caused economic damage and impacted on the nation's health, in so many ways, just to focus on Covid??  Last year, Sturgeon spent an entire year grandstanding and globetrotting with Brexit and this year she has spent 9 months standing at a podium and doing nothing else. She loves the limelight and making dramas out of nothing, while furthering her Indy obsession. But other govts...why?? Who is making a lot a money from this population control exercise??

Because at the start it was all very frightening.

It was an unkown.

So the politicians shit the bed and slammed the economy into the wall.

All of them did.

They are all acting in concert, and using each other as a defence "its not just me" "follow the science"

And now they are too afraid to leave the course and break ranks, or even admit any mistakes.

In the NHS you do get blamed for deaths some times, and the politicians wont want blamed for any deaths, so will keep on shutting us down and blaming Covid for the economic crash.

But it wasnt Covid, it was them

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aye,

And I wouldn't be surprised that the folk willing to write off elderly and other vulnerable people will be loudest complainers if it happens to their close ones.

Such is society.

It’s a cruel society.

36 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So this is life for the foreseeable until we find a vaccine to give to people who are currently 80-90 years old? 

What is left?

It was posted a page or so back that Sweden have formally told their population to expect restrictions for another year.

I also posted 10 days or so ago that I was listening to R.Scotland and a Swede was on (I missed his expertise) and he was talking about preparing them for 3 or 4 years of this.

The Swedes didn't lockdown but recommended that their population make life style changes, which on the whole their population comply with.

Best hopes for a vaccine per experts is 01 July next year, but a vaccine is only really a vaccine until it can be mass produced and available to all the population.

Circuit breaker seems a sledge hammer to crack a nut, but causing more damage.

It's the medium to long term approach the country needs to buy into. 

Edited by DETTY29

45 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The current lockdown schemes are a bit like killing all the honey bees to keep safe the tiny percentage of people who would die if they got stung and to hell with the long term consequences. 

Interesting analogy Ron....I like it though!

Looks like the 2 week circuit breaker will be confirmed today to start Friday night if the scottish sun is to be believed

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What a remarkable coincidence it is that virtually every opponent of suppression / governmental policies is also an outright vaccine denier / vaccine sceptic and also a 'long covid' fascist.   Long covid is a legitimate topic yet it is always censored by those who know it doesn't suit the wider narrative.

The prospect of vaccines coming and the subject of the unknown scale of long covid are troublesome things for a pre-determined agenda.    So they are denied and ridiculed.    The subject of long covid can essentially exist separate to the debate about restrictions,  yet is dishonestly conflated with the wider debate.   I wonder why.   No I don't actually.   It's very obvious.

I ain’t a vaccine denier. Give me the fecking thing and be done with this. Let me guess you’ll let others all take it first? I am pretty sceptical of the rest though. 
I know a few people who’ve had this and they’re completely fine. A guy I know pretty well had it and neither his wife nor his 3 kids caught it from him yet it’s this crazy infectious disease? I also know of someone who’s elderly parents died of it, in their 90’s. That’s not so good. 
But this is utter bullshit. 
I’ll be paying very little attention to it. If I can work I’ll be working and I’ll visit whoever’s house will flaunt the rules also. I’m not saying that to try sound hard or mental I’ve just had enough. There’s no end in sight to this with these idiots. 
Id like all politicians who make these rules to give all their wages and expenses during these times to some help fund less fortunate and maybe for every rule they lay out that cripples someone else’s livelihood.
I’d imagine that might change their tune.  

doctor jambo
Just now, hmfcbilly said:

Looks like the 2 week circuit breaker will be confirmed today to start Friday night if the scottish sun is to be believed

it depends on the nature of it

if its a 1 hr per day outside job again she can shove her head up her own exit, frankly

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Though find myself wondering if your anger triggered by potentially have to stop the booze as might have driving duties 🧐😄

I think this mornings ire was more likely attributable to Junior's aversion to sleep - which appears to increse markedly between the waxing and waning gibbous.

There's nowt like good news after a night treading the halls.

I'll force him to watch the Hearts on the telly tonight and hopefully the excitement will pap him off for a solid night's shut-eye.

That should give me time to get the super-hot curry on and eh, take care of the other stuff. 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Malinga the Swinga
21 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aye,

Such is society.

Shelter the vulnerable, and give the elderly the choice of shelter if they want it. Don't want to be bringer of bad news, but elderly people, particularly those over 80 do actually die, so best prepare for it. 

At moment, protecting the old and vulnerable is coming at a heavy cost, an almost unacceptable cost, to the young and healthy. How long do we continue along this path? 5 years, 10 years of restrictions and lockdowns, no industry or jobs, all in name of protecting a minuscule percentage of population.

Sad that government has managed to turn society on itself but weak panic driven leadership will do that.

heartstastic
1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

What on earth makes you trust her word? It's just her warped mind coming up with an interpretation not based on fact. I find it mental that you'd base the one world government idea on her. Unless there's any actual evidence? She comes across like a rambling idiot tbh.

She mentions the developed countries being brought down....currently happening? i would say so. She also mentions a world where goverments and huge corporatons and unelected bureaucrats  have increasing control...currently happening again? i would say so. 

Wonder why all the big corps stayed open during this 'crisis' but small business were forced to close with draconian measures in force should they try and stay open, which were about to head into again with more disastrous consequences for the common people.

As i keep saying whether you choose to dismiss this info or not it's going to become increasingly apparent to everyone that this is happening...i think it's you i've agreed to have the £100 charity bet with...let's revisit this Agenda 21 then and see if were any futher down the road to it happening. My prediction without any pushback from the masses...without a doubt.

54 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The current lockdown schemes are a bit like killing all the honey bees to keep safe the tiny percentage of people who would die if they got stung and to hell with the long term consequences. 

Yes but that doesn’t take into account all the people that suffer from ‘long sting’ when they get stung by a honey bee.

:lol:

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shelter the vulnerable, and give the elderly the choice of shelter if they want it. Don't want to be bringer of bad news, but elderly people, particularly those over 80 do actually die, so best prepare for it. 

At moment, protecting the old and vulnerable is coming at a heavy cost, an almost unacceptable cost, to the young and healthy. How long do we continue along this path? 5 years, 10 years of restrictions and lockdowns, no industry or jobs, all in name of protecting a minuscule percentage of population.

Sad that government has managed to turn society on itself but weak panic driven leadership will do that.

Yep. And let’s not pretend the old and vulnerable aren’t already suffering immensely due to the restrictions already.  They will be feeling the fear from all of this as much as anyone else.  It needs to stop. 

23 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aye,

Such is society.

Who is "writing off" elderly people??  Has anyone asked elderly people what they want?? A lot of them want to live their lives not be told by govts and posters on threads like this, what is good for them.  Arguably,, the Scottish govt are the only ones who wrote off the elderly and vulnerable by decanting Covid patients into care homes and by, effectively,  closing the NHS to all but essential treatment. 

Stopping people living under the guise of saving an existence is not a price worth paying for most people 

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yep. And let’s not pretend the old and vulnerable aren’t already suffering immensely due to the restrictions already.  They will be feeling the fear from all of this as much as anyone else.  It needs to stop. 

nobody has asked them what they want.

Perhaps a sensible thing to do would be devolve responsibilty to the nursing homes and individuals .

A care home manager could call all the families of its residents and ask if they would be willing to open to visitors again, but there is a risk that there may be an outbreak of covid that could shorten their relatives life.

You know- quality of life versus quantity of life, and a generous helping of personal choice

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And I agree on a lot if that.  My point was, and stand by that in life, many people are keen on harm being done to others in whichever way, until it impacts them directly.

Edited by DETTY29

heartstastic
14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who is "writing off" elderly people??  Has anyone asked elderly people what they want?? A lot of them want to live their lives not be told by govts and posters on threads like this, what is good for them.  Arguably,, the Scottish govt are the only ones who wrote off the elderly and vulnerable by decanting Covid patients into care homes and by, effectively,  closing the NHS to all but essential treatment. 

Stopping people living under the guise of saving an existence is not a price worth paying for most people 

Yeah my mum is 80..she has COPD, mobilty issues and lives alone on the isle of bute. She is not living in fear of this at all...still goes to the mainland to shop. Infact the most stressed she's been is encountering little napoleon like bus drivers hassling her for not wearing a mask even though she is exempt. Thankfuly she has a of bit fire in her belly and can ward them off...she's got more backbone than a few of the men on here.

Edited by heartstastic

Ron Burgundy
18 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Yes but that doesn’t take into account all the people that suffer from ‘long sting’ when they get stung by a honey bee.

:lol:

Long sting is the worst.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, heartstastic said:

Yeah my mum is 80..she has COPD, mobilty issues and lives alone on the isle of bute. She is not living in fear of this at all...still goes to the mainland to shop. Infact the most stressed she's been is encountering little napoleon like bus drivers hassling her for not wearing a mask even though she exempt. Thankfuly she has a of bit fire in her belly and can ward them off...she's got more backbone than a few of the men on here.

Many elderly are not afraid to die, they are not afraid of catching it one jot.

Im sure many of them would take the quality of life route as well, is St Nic would let them

The Mighty Thor

I've been broadly supportive of most of the actions of the Scottish Government so far, however I'm really not understanding this proposed 2 week circuit-break lockdown.

Its apparently to 'buy us time'. Time for what?

What is materially going to change in the next 2 weeks that would be different from if we just continued under the current protocols, which are effectively a lockdown as it is? Are the infection rates or the R rate going to suddenly drop off a cliff in 2 weeks?

I'm not seeing it. Its a measure which targets those already playing along rather than targeting the areas where infection rates are being driven.  

I can't see this being adhered to at all. 

32 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

if its a 1 hr per day outside job again she can shove her head up her own exit, frankly

You, me and a lot of people will be sharing that view I suspect!

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Yeah my mum is 80..she has COPD, mobilty issues and lives alone on the isle of bute. She is not living in fear of this at all...still goes to the mainland to shop. Infact the most stressed she's been is encountering little napoleon like bus drivers hassling her for not wearing a mask even though she is exempt. Thankfuly she has a of bit fire in her belly and can ward them off...she's got more backbone than a few of the men on here.

Awe she’s sounds a real character ! Good on her 👍

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

How the hell can they police no one going to peoples houses unless they have a curfew and people have to remain indoors ? Surely not ? That’s a bridge too far 

Riddley Walker
29 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

She mentions the developed countries being brought down....currently happening? i would say so. She also mentions a world where goverments and huge corporatons and unelected bureaucrats  have increasing control...currently happening again? i would say so. 

Wonder why all the big corps stayed open during this 'crisis' but small business were forced to close with draconian measures in force should they try and stay open, which were about to head into again with more disastrous consequences for the common people.

As i keep saying whether you choose to dismiss this info or not it's going to become increasingly apparent to everyone that this is happening...i think it's you i've agreed to have the £100 charity bet with...let's revisit this Agenda 21 then and see if were any futher down the road to it happening. My prediction without any pushback from the masses...without a doubt.

Re your first paragraph, it's not exactly a secret that governments and corporations have control over policy. Where's the conspiracy? And pertinently, how does this mean we're heading to a one-world government and currency? There's absolutely nothing to suggest this, unless I'm missing something. As I've said, there must be some extremely clear evidence of this to mean you'd make a fool of yourself by stating so. You obviously lack a fundamental knowledge of international relations and the world financial system work.

Re your second paragraph, are you seriously arguing no large corporations had to close or were hugely affected, and also aided the conspiracy? Massive corps from almost every industry have been affected. Weird point.

Yep, the bet was that within a year there would be some evidence we're heading towards a one-world govt/currency.

And we need actual evidence, not a random uploading a video to YouTube talking about their opinion like some old guy down the boozer.

3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Re your first paragraph, it's not exactly a secret that governments and corporations have control over policy. Where's the conspiracy? And pertinently, how does this mean we're heading to a one-world government and currency? There's absolutely nothing to suggest this, unless I'm missing something. As I've said, there must be some extremely clear evidence of this to mean you'd make a fool of yourself by stating so. You obviously lack a fundamental knowledge of international relations and the world financial system work.

Re your second paragraph, are you seriously arguing no large corporations had to close or were hugely affected, and also aided the conspiracy? Massive corps from almost every industry have been affected. Weird point.

Yep, the bet was that within a year there would be some evidence we're heading towards a one-world govt/currency.

And we need actual evidence, not a random uploading a video to YouTube talking about their opinion like some old guy down the boozer.

:lol: true - that bald one posted on here the other day came across that way. 

Ron Burgundy

Saws on the BBC Scotland new site,

During the briefing, Ms Sturgeon also announced a relaxation to the rules on the number of adults who can attend parent and baby groups.

Up to 10 adults will now be able to gather at the same time when their babies are under a year old, although the existing limit of five parents remains when the children are over 12 months.

So while reducing everyone else's freedom, parents meeting with young babies numbers can double?

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How the hell can they police no one going to peoples houses unless they have a curfew and people have to remain indoors ? Surely not ? That’s a bridge too far 

They can’t police it. Even with a curfew would be near on impossible to police. 

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Saws on the BBC Scotland new site,

During the briefing, Ms Sturgeon also announced a relaxation to the rules on the number of adults who can attend parent and baby groups.

Up to 10 adults will now be able to gather at the same time when their babies are under a year old, although the existing limit of five parents remains when the children are over 12 months.

So while reducing everyone else's freedom, parents meeting with young babies numbers can double?

Exactly there is no logic or reasoned thinking behind their decisions. 

15 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Search for the hero inside yourself and lose some weight.

👍🏻

Several heroes inside some of the weegies the size of them

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

"Long Covid fascist". That's a new one.

And to say Long Covid as an issue can be separated from the debate about restrictons and to raise it in the context of restrictions is "dishonestly conflating" it with that debate is simply bizarre. Who invented the scary term "Long Covid"? I am sure as with almost all serious illnesses there are after effects, some serious,  but long influenza, long pneumonia, long bronchitis are not illnesses I have heard of. 

Publicising repeatedly the symptoms of Long Covid will inevitably lead to many more cases of Long Covid. I have a number of the symptoms and have good reason to believe I have had Covid. But there are other explanations for the fatigue, muscle pain and loss of smell I "suffer from". (Long old age being one). What is the clinical basis for diagnosing Long Covid?

Edited by Francis Albert

manaliveits105

Test and Protect is a shambles here as well as down south what is she on about - GET IT SORTED that is what will reduce figures

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic