Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How many is that then? 

Figures mind, none of the anecdotal stuff from the media or snippets from select medical articles.

When the figures are not enough to instil fear bring out "Long Covid".

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All of these studies are made up I suppose. USA, UK, Sweden, Spain, Germany etc all at it with this research into long term effects.

:conspiracy:

Riddley Walker

I

6 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

She may or may not be...does not dismiss the evidence in the study and i've seen the evidence in many others places about the lack of oxygen. The motor car is designed on the principles of the human body....it takes in air and has a respiratory system and expels waste from the exhaust. If you put something over that exhaust the car will eventually stop working.

Meanwhile people still continue listening and look up to clowns like this. I would urge you all to watch this speech from Boris at the United Nations from last year..if you think these people are out for your best interests i dunno what to say...this man is literally spelling out agenda 21 and there will still be people crying 'conspiracy theory'. If the population of the world let these maniacs carry out there plans well we'll get what we deserve and it won't be good news.

Fancy outlining the aims of agenda 21 for those that don't understand the world is heading to a one-government dictatorship?

Edited by Riddley Walker

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

When the figures are not enough to instil fear bring out "Long Covid".

That is the rule.  They always go on about long covid when someone isn’t as scared as they are. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

12% after 30 days, 2% after 90 days still have symptoms, but that includes oldies and sick people who apparently don't count

Similar to flu and other respiratory infections then?

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

That is the rule.  They always go on about long covid when someone isn’t as scared as they are. 

Theres-a-conspiracy-here.gif

Just now, Shanks said:

Is it ill for months or is it ‘life long health issues’? 

Try reading the article instead of covering your eyes and screaming fake news.

heartstastic
3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I

Fancy outlining the aims of agenda 21 for those that don't understand the world is heading to a one-government dictatorship?

No you look for it yourself...going by your previous posts you think it's all crap anyway...boris outlines some of it in the video...the rest can be downloaded on the un website.

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Similar to flu and other respiratory infections then?

Pretty much, I had flu once - I will breathless and ill for weeks, could only manage 10 Marlboro lights a day- it was HELL

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

All of these studies are made up I suppose. USA, UK, Sweden, Spain, Germany etc all at it with this research into long term effects.

I never implied it was a conspiracy, it just hasn't been properly delineated or quantified.

I though the ***** that bang on about facts would be all over that.

Ah the Long Covid naysayers out in force early.

There are loads of links in this thread,  so do some fecking research before accusing others of scaremongering.

Btw talking about the potentially huge implications of Long Covid doesn't mean you have to agree with the Governments lockdown approach, they aren't intrinsically linked.

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Pretty much, I had flu once - I will breathless and ill for weeks, could only manage 10 Marlboro lights a day- it was HELL

😂. That sounds terrible.  

Public opinion won’t be with the government this time and who can blame the people. If there was a vaccine or some sort of coherent plan to keep the infection rate low after it I could see the point. But all this is doing is kicking the can further down the road. Then, after a two week period of lockdown people are going to be so fed up that when pubs and restrictions are lifted again they will be back out in groups again making up for lost time. 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Abbeyhill, Bruntsfield,  Marchmont, Fountainbridge, etc....all have a large student population and /or accomodation blocks.

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I never implied it was a conspiracy, it just hasn't been properly delineated or quantified.

I though the ***** that bang on about facts would be all over that.

I was directing that post and Ron and Shanks, no need to get so tetchy.

13 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

The SNP have taken every disciplinary measure they can against her. She is no longer an SNP MP.

Morning Ray. Yes, I've since read about that being the case and thst she is holding on of her own accord as an independent. Im fairly certain a petition will be raised by her constituents and she will be out by that method if she continues with her arrogant stance.  I'm disappointed to read this quote from George Kerevan, ex SNP MP......

However the former SNP MP George Kerevan has offered a limited defence.

Although he said her actions were wrong, he wrote: "I feel deeply for Margaret and find much of the virtue signalling and rush to consign her to political outer darkness both hypocritical and blatantly self-serving. Margaret Ferrier, in my experience, always put the job before her personal convenience." she mightve been the best MP in Britain but the bottom line is she broke rules that her government helped implement and there's no excuse for that.  When you are asking millions of people to follow a set of rules the very least you'd expect is for the people who set them (or represent the people who set them) abide by them!

Riddley Walker
10 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

No you look for it yourself...going by your previous posts you think it's all crap anyway...boris outlines some of it in the video...the rest can be downloaded on the un website.

I've looked and the official UN one looks like a generic international development, make the world better, work in unison, reduce climate damage blah blah. I'm just wondering how that's been replaced by "we're heading to a  one-world, one currency government". It's such a bold and outlandish statement that there must be some seriously strong evidence? 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This tensions are a bit higher on this thread this morning. Maybe the threat of increased restrictions 

****ing right they are.

Had the midwife round yesterday and she didn't know how this was going to affect us. She said that if the Mrs goes past Thursday we may have to cancel the home birth and I get to drop her off at the hospital door instead. I should be allowed in for the birth but it could be hazmat suits etc amd then out the door until I come to take them home. That's probably worst case but it cheered us up no end.

I also believe the government know this policy of restrictions and mini lockdowns isn’t all that long term effective but simply cannot change course due to the fallout it would cause. If the government admitted that the course of actions they are taking are wrong then the people that have suffered the most from this would be furious. The lost votes cannot be risked so just let the economic damage continue and blame the people not following the advice for it. 

3 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I'm disappointed to read this quote from George Kerevan, ex SNP MP......

However the former SNP MP George Kerevan has offered a limited defence.

Although he said her actions were wrong, he wrote: "I feel deeply for Margaret and find much of the virtue signalling and rush to consign her to political outer darkness both hypocritical and blatantly self-serving. Margaret Ferrier, in my experience, always put the job before her personal convenience." she mightve been the best MP in Britain but the bottom line is she broke rules that her government helped implement and there's no excuse for that.  When you are asking millions of people to follow a set of rules the very least you'd expect is for the people who set them (or represent the people who set them) abide by them!

Agreed, Kerevan can bolt. Thankfully no current SNP member is defending her as she was bang out of order.

12 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I think it's more serious condition than normal flu, most Doctors seem to think so, the ones who are treating it in Hospitals rather than the one posting on here.

I'm not saying it is massively worse as in we are all going to die or be permanently effected by it, but I don't think we can just dismiss it as Flu

For some, but then cancer is more serious than Covid, so why is this virus being put up on a pedestal? To the detriment of people with more serious conditions who can't get life enhancing/saving treatments because of Covid? A virus that, for 80%, does not even include symptoms? A virus that is now only responsible for 1.2% of the 170 deaths that occur in Scotland each and every day? That's not to mention those who are in pain, and have been for months, waiting for hip operations etc. Or preventative interventions where people are not able to pitch up with symptoms that may be concerning them. Then there's mental health issues.  The big question I would ask about this Covid obsession is...why??

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

****ing right they are.

Had the midwife round yesterday and she didn't know how this was going to affect us. She said that if the Mrs goes past Thursday we may have to cancel the home birth and I get to drop her off at the hospital door instead. I should be allowed in for the birth but it could be hazmat suits etc amd then out the door until I come to take them home. That's probably worst case but it cheered us up no end.

Hope all goes well Guv.👍

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I also believe the government know this policy of restrictions and mini lockdowns isn’t all that long term effective but simply cannot change course due to the fallout it would cause. If the government admitted that the course of actions they are taking are wrong then the people that have suffered the most from this would be furious. The lost votes cannot be risked so just let the economic damage continue and blame the people not following the advice for it. 

That's the thing. It's like Haig during the great war and a continual misguided belief that going 'over the top' would eventually win the war (not comparing the two, just an analogy). It's well known that the controlled environment of pubs, restaurants etc. are well down the list of infection spreading hot spots, so why the feck would you close them for any period of time, knowing full well that house parties are just going to increase 10, 20 fold? And what happens after the 2 week period? No furlough, so does NS initiate further lockdowns knowing the effect it will have on the country, or admit she was wrong and explore other avenues of controlling the virus.

An absolute cluster**** whatever happens.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Public opinion won’t be with the government this time and who can blame the people. If there was a vaccine or some sort of coherent plan to keep the infection rate low after it I could see the point. But all this is doing is kicking the can further down the road. Then, after a two week period of lockdown people are going to be so fed up that when pubs and restrictions are lifted again they will be back out in groups again making up for lost time. 

Yeah that’s exactly what will happen . How are they ever going to police it anyway ? If one of the regulations is you can’t visit other people’s houses ? 

44 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Perfect example of given an i ch and taking a mile. The rules are set beforehand. 1 son consoles the mother, the 2nd doesn't need to further break rules. You then see a 3rd guy decide **** it im doing that too and begins to move closer to someone else. Its a ****ing terrible situation but there are over 100k families who have had to go through this since it started and they all had to follow the same rules as far as we know.

Would you be prepared to risk giving your Mum it though.

You have a point in that all 3 didn't need to move in but I can understand why they did it given what would have been an extremely emotional time for all the family. As for your question to me, would I risk giving my mum covid by moving in to console her this is how I see that situation (having thankfully not been in it).....If I'd just lost my dad and I saw my mum breaking her heart at his funeral whilst sitting all alone quite honestly thinking will I infect my mum with something that less than 5% of the population have had and less than 0.01% of the population have died from would be THE LAST THING to enter my mind because I'm sure my human instincts to comfort someone I love dearly would be the only thing that I'd be thinking of at that time. Whether you agree or disagree with that is entirely your opinion, which you are entitled to. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Agreed, Kerevan can bolt. Thankfully no current SNP member is defending her as she was bang out of order.

👍

heartstastic
11 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I've looked and the official UN one looks like a generic international development, make the world better, work in unison, reduce climate damage blah blah. I'm just wondering how that's been replaced by "we're heading to a  one-world, one currency government". It's such a bold and outlandish statement that there must be some seriously strong evidence? 

Here is a transcript from a Aldous Huxley speech from 1962. Do you see any parallels to what is happening today?

https://publicintelligence.net/aldous-huxley-1962-u-c-berkeley-speech-on-the-ultimate-revolution/

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

It will generally be ignored anyway mate. Lockdown fatigue.

General public are pissed off with their freedoms being eroded and people’s livelihoods destroyed for a virus that has little or no effect on 99.9% of the population. 
500,000 jobs are to be lost or have been lost already due to Covid.  Only the tip of the iceberg. There will be many many more.  That and the mental health of people will start taking effect if it hasn’t already.  

Yep. 

doctor jambo
31 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

12% after 30 days, 2% after 90 days still have symptoms, but that includes oldies and sick people who apparently don't count

not saying they dont count, not at all.

What I am saying though is that the response has been utterly disproportionate to the virus mortality and morbidity figures.

For example- malaria kills between 1 and 3 million people per year- mainly children.

UK alone has lost £300 billion on this virus.

If the UK gov had spent £300 billion on malaria, I'm sure we could have saved almost all of those children.

Priorities, priorities

5 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

You have a point in that all 3 didn't need to move in but I can understand why they did it given what would have been an extremely emotional time for all the family. As for your question to me, would I risk giving my mum covid by moving in to console her this is how I see that situation (having thankfully not been in it).....If I'd just lost my dad and I saw my mum breaking her heart at his funeral whilst sitting all alone quite honestly thinking will I infect my mum with something that less than 5% of the population have had and less than 0.01% of the population have died from would be THE LAST THING to enter my mind because I'm sure my human instincts to comfort someone I love dearly would be the only thing that I'd be thinking of at that time. Whether you agree or disagree with that is entirely your opinion, which you are entitled to. 

I don't blame the sons for moving in to console her. I just don't think they can complain about being told not to. Ti.ately everyone has to love by their own parameters but cannot complain if pulled up on it.

The governemnt have nothing  to gain from strict rules and lockdowns yet they are still implemented based off the advise from health experts the world over. I'm prepared to listen to them.

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, JWL said:

That's the thing. It's like Haig during the great war and a continual misguided belief that going 'over the top' would eventually win the war (not comparing the two, just an analogy). It's well known that the controlled environment of pubs, restaurants etc. are well down the list of infection spreading hot spots, so why the feck would you close them for any period of time, knowing full well that house parties are just going to increase 10, 20 fold? And what happens after the 2 week period? No furlough, so does NS initiate further lockdowns knowing the effect it will have on the country, or admit she was wrong and explore other avenues of controlling the virus.

An absolute cluster**** whatever happens.

Nicola, like Boris and virtually every other politician, loves to interfere with people's lives. It is what they live for and what drives them on. They look for normal people's fears and concentrate on them to gain every inch of control they can muster, and in this case it is covid fears.

Scientists are some of the most unsocial and focussed people you can meet. They like to research and study their one subject to the exclusion of everything else and in this case it is Covid.

Normally, you would have a third group, the economists, but they have been frozen out by the other two who have siezed opportunity to grab all power and focus.

is Covid a real threat of a virus? Yes, it most likely is. Should we focus 100% on it to the point of destroying industries, causing loads of mental health problems for population, delaying other medical surgeries and research, and thrashing education, whilst allowing civil liberties to be removed unchecked, I would say not.

Wont matter though. Those who worship SNP will believe NS, those who like Tories will believe BJ. The rest of us just have to suffer as there is no way out.

Riddley Walker
6 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Here is a transcript from a Aldous Huxley speech from 1962. Do you see any parallels to what is happening today?

https://publicintelligence.net/aldous-huxley-1962-u-c-berkeley-speech-on-the-ultimate-revolution/

He's obviously a good thinker.

Any evidence we're heading towards a one government dictatorship?

heartstastic
2 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

He's obviously a good thinker.

Any evidence we're heading towards a one government dictatorship?

I've posted this before you may or may not have watched it.

Shooter McGavin
49 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The main reason people will ignore it is because we can see from the evidence, over the last 8 months , that Covid is nowhere near the threat it was made out to be. Back in March, the govt led psychological scaremongering campaign worked but now, most of us know what basic precautions we need to take to reduce  Covid to no more than a low risk threat among many others that we already deal with in life. Nothing to do with Cummings.

Agree with you to regards to the government, and I’d add the media to that as well, hyping it up beyond recognition back in January, February & March. 

Fear has now crippled the country into believing if you catch the virus, you’re doomed, I’d suggest that for around 99% of the population, catching the virus isn’t nearly as damaging as losing your job, house or quality of life.

I’d still suggest that public figures in government flouting the rules, and remaining in their positions, has lead to the public having a “well if they can do it, I’m doing it too” attitude, and to be honest I can’t and won’t blame them.

Why would you stick religiously to the rules if the people involved in making them won’t?

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've been to tenerife, it was shite. 

I can’t possibly comment on that.

I’ve never been to any of the Spanish islands as I have never fancied visiting them.

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Agree with you to regards to the government, and I’d add the media to that as well, hyping it up beyond recognition back in January, February & March. 

Fear has now crippled the country into believing if you catch the virus, you’re doomed, I’d suggest that for around 99% of the population, catching the virus isn’t nearly as damaging as losing your job, house or quality of life.

I’d still suggest that public figures in government flouting the rules, and remaining in their positions, has lead to the public having a “well if they can do it, I’m doing it too” attitude, and to be honest I can’t and won’t blame them.

Why would you stick religiously to the rules if the people involved in making them won’t?

Yes, I agree with you. Calderwood/Cummings/Ferrier all set terrible examples and people will quite rightly wonder, if they don't think it's serious, why should I bother?

Ron Burgundy

The current lockdown schemes are a bit like killing all the honey bees to keep safe the tiny percentage of people who would die if they got stung and to hell with the long term consequences. 

Far from convinced more lockdowns is best way to go and it's how you get the significant current restriction breakers to be miles more considerate towards others.  Then look at ways at working out ways on the personal level issues (births, funerals, elderley care and so on) can be looked at how restrictions can be eased on a more compassionate basis.

Really shitting myself if these new restrictions are as strict as rumoured.

Call me selfish, but keeping a roof over my head and my wife keeping her job, is much more important than stopping some 90 yrd old I'll never know catching covid.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Far from convinced more lockdowns is best way to go and it's how you get the significant current restriction breakers to be miles more considerate towards others.  Then look at ways at working out ways on the personal level issues (births, funerals, elderley care and so on) can be looked at how restrictions can be eased on a more compassionate basis.

This.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Really shitting myself if these new restrictions are as strict as rumoured.

Call me selfish, but keeping a roof over my head and my wife keeping her job, is much more important than stopping some 90 yrd old I'll never know catching covid.

I’ll pass that last paragraph on to my mother.

15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I don't blame the sons for moving in to console her. I just don't think they can complain about being told not to. Ti.ately everyone has to love by their own parameters but cannot complain if pulled up on it.

The governemnt have nothing  to gain from strict rules and lockdowns yet they are still implemented based off the advise from health experts the world over. I'm prepared to listen to them.

I'm prepared to listen and abide by them too Hughesie. I dont necessarily agree with them for various reasons but if it gets us through this shit show time we find ourselves in im prepared to give the rule flouters who make the rules for us minions the benefit of doubt, grudgingly. However there are certain situations I couldn't guarantee I'd be abiding them and one of them is a funeral of a loved one. The way thats set up and the poor visiting rights of the elderly in care homes is borderline cruel and inhumane. Some of the elderly in the care homes are deteriorating rapidly not through covid but through mental torture of seeing their loved ones for 30mins a week through a ******* window. How about the government start treating our elderly citizens with a bit respect and asking them if they are happy to shield or happy to take a risk and see a selective loved one or 2 for a proper visit? There's got to be a better way to manage that particular situation.  

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ll pass that last paragraph on to my mother.

Sorry man, I'm just tired of all this. The only thing I can care about at this time is my family.

Far to stressed out to care about anything else just now. 

7 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The current lockdown schemes are a bit like killing all the honey bees to keep safe the tiny percentage of people who would die if they got stung and to hell with the long term consequences. 

Interesting analogy Ron....I like it though!

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I agree with you. Calderwood/Cummings/Ferrier all set terrible examples and people will quite rightly wonder, if they don't think it's serious, why should I bother?

Because they all broke the rules, and none of them, nor their families are dead.

trump is a fat, unhealthy old man.

Prime covid bait

yet there he still is, mask off, waving away

The risks have been MASSIVELY inflated for anyone apart from those at the end of life

half the public think this is bubonic plague

13 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

I've posted this before you may or may not have watched it.

What a load of pish.

Sustainable development 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic