• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You should see a doctor about your blood pressure.

I'm totally chilled

remember FACTS

Fatties

Are

Covids

Snack

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Struggling?  I never said I was struggling.

However, the fact that nobody was between our table and the door and we are told that to be at risk you need to be within 2m for 15 minutes makes this requirement seem ridiculous.

Another case of the government not trusting the public.

There is a worldwide pandemic going on and you want the Governemnt to provide mask guidelines that are dependant on your tables position in each restaurant. Other than the blanket rule of just saying "wear one whilst moving around the premises but take it off whilst seated".

My understanding ding is that the 15 min guideline is a suitable amount kf time that transmission has more likely happened. In reality it only takes one cough or one wipe across a door handle. Use your head.

People need spoon fed everything. Woe is me that I need to wear a peice of cloth over my face. **** the system they can't tell me what to do. Happy Anniversary.

Edited by hughesie27

Ron Burgundy
48 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You’d think with this huge second wave that we are being told about my daughter who works at the Covid hub in the western wouldn’t have had her days cut from 3 to 2 because they aren’t busy enough!!

something doesn’t add up.

We are so compliant and obedient it's scary.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

We are so compliant and obedient it's scary.

To be honest I quite like wearing a face mask to the bathroom, as the other staff find the ball-gag quite intimidating

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How the f@@@ do they know about” long term “ damage when cv just surfaced earlier this year ? More scare mongering pish 

I think in this case you can take long term to mean several months i.e. not making a quick recovery within a few weeks.

Adam_the_legend
15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It will last over the duration of the school holidays. 

I know that’s what has been stated as “the plan” but my point was clear, it’s a deception. Can you really see sturgeon announcing the end of the circuit breaker after 2 weeks of steady growth in cases/hospitalisations/deaths? I don’t. Especially considering the effect of the 2 week lockdown will not be clear until after it has already ended. It makes no sense. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Ray Gin said:

I think in this case you can take long term to mean several months i.e. not making a quick recovery within a few weeks.

A bit like glandular fever then.

Luckily quick fix ailments such as cancer, depression and the likes can be put on hold then sorted out once we have got this crippling killer virus under control.

Jambo 4 Ever
23 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Quite, she feckin locks me down again and I'll be dropping my 3 kids are her house and see how she likes it- especially the 16 year old........

Don’t be so daft 

it’s what being a dad is all about mate 

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I know that’s what has been stated as “the plan” but my point was clear, it’s a deception. Can you really see sturgeon announcing the end of the circuit breaker after 2 weeks of steady growth in cases/hospitalisations/deaths? I don’t. Especially considering the effect of the 2 week lockdown will not be clear until after it has already ended. It makes no sense. 

Don't see how she can afford to implement it longer. Don't see how she can fford to implement it for 2 weeks!

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

A bit like glandular fever then.

Luckily quick fix ailments such as cancer, depression and the likes can be put on hold then sorted out once we have got this crippling killer virus under control.

How do you think cancer patients are likely to fare if covid is allowed to run rampant?

Edited by Ray Gin

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don’t be so daft 

it’s what being a dad is all about mate 

Not sure what it is with you, an utter lack of any sense of humour or normality,

or a genuine learning disability

YOur posts are incredibly robotic, and lack anything that could be construed as "character" or "personality"

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How the f@@@ do they know about” long term “ damage when cv just surfaced earlier this year ? More scare mongering pish 

Not enough people are dying from the virus so we have to be scared of ‘long covid’ 

When deaths start creeping up long Covid mysteriously seems to disappear, funny that. 

2 hours ago, Abiola Dauda said:

I've heard that a 2 week lockdown will be announced on Thursday to start on Monday.  SG see it as a chance to have a circuit breaker with minimum disruption to schools because of the holidays. 

My guess is that non professional sport will stop, no mixing of households and non essential shops to close. 

I totally got the logic of the initial lockdown - flatten the curve of the initial spike to stop the NHS being overwhelmed and to buy time to prepare (SECC as well) it was manageable because it was supported by the furlough scheme which meant there could be a quick recovery following the restrictions being lifted. 

A lockdown is never going to get rid of the virus - it grows very quickly from a small base.  All it does is delay the spread.  If we are going to continue with restrictions and temporary lockdowns until a vaccine is available and distributed to the whole country then we will be waiting a very long time. 

We are now in a scenario where our economy (which was already fragile) has been restricted for over six months.  The longer the restrictions go on the more jobs will be lost.  Once the jobs are lost then they dont magically reappear after the pandemic is over and it will take years and years to recover.  

A lockdown is draconian and not worth the economic hit. I dont buy into the theory that the virus has mutated to be less deadly but it IS killing a much lower % (across Europe) than it did before.  This could partly be because it's danger was overestimated in the first spike because of a lack of testing and it was much more widespread (and therefore killing a lower %) than we thought but also:

1.hospitals have a number of steroids now which help with treatment; and

2. many people who were likely to be at risk of death from the virus have already died from it.

I am an SNP voter but I will be furious if there is another lockdown.  Killing off our economy and asking people to put their lives on hold is no longer proportionate and would be totally unacceptable. 

Me & the wife were both SNP but their management of this situation has been a total farce. If there's another proper lockdown that means her shop has to close, she's out a job and we're out of our flat.

Zero logic behind this plan. This 'circuit breaker' goes ahead, they can forget me voting SNP ever again. 

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Not enough people are dying from the virus so we have to be scared of ‘long covid’ 

When deaths start creeping up long Covid mysteriously seems to disappear, funny that. 

Does it, aye?

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And anyone not taking it seriously or openly admitting they are breaking laws should be banned from the thread too

I smoke weed but I also abide by government covid guidelines. Should I be banned from the thread?

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How do you think cancer patients are likely to fare if covid is allowed to run rampant?

By all accounts the NHS is far better prepared for an increase in covid cases. Outcomes have improved since March due to a much better  understanding of the virus. Drugs that drastically increase survival rates and the discovery that traditional ventilation caused more problems than it solved with covid. From that perspective it’s not the same disease we faced in March and this should be reflected in how we deal with it. The NHS has essentially been turned into the national covid service for 6 months, so you really think it’s a sustainable position?

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

There is a worldwide pandemic going on and you want the Governemnt to provide mask guidelines that are dependant on your tables position in each restaurant. Other than the blanket rule of just saying "wear one whilst moving around the premises but take it off whilst seated".

My understanding ding is that the 15 min guideline is a suitable amount kf time that transmission has more likely happened. In reality it only takes one cough or one wipe across a door handle. Use your head.

People need spoon fed everything. Woe is me that I need to wear a peice of cloth over my face. **** the system they can't tell me what to do. Happy Anniversary.

There you go again, I never said that. I don't want the government to any such thing.

That cough whilst sitting down indoors is just as likely to pass on any virus as a cough heading towards the door.

A face mask is not going to help with a wipe across a door handle, not sure of the relevance.

"Use your head" - nice thought but we're not allowed to, the government do that for us.

Maybe we should just lower our face masks with every forkful of food or sip of drink.

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I smoke weed but I also abide by government covid guidelines. Should I be banned from the thread?

I’m talking about the laws around COVID 

Back to 2005
2 hours ago, Jambo no 1 said:

Tell you what you seem to by caught up in conspiracy theories and denial. You are a dangerous individual who denies the scientific work that highly educated people who excel in their fields have done over the past few months. Instead you offer nothing, nothing at all to help fight this virus. 

😂😂😂 not denying it exists. Just curious as to why the destroy the economy and peoples lives is the best way out of it. 

Whats dangerous is blind acceptance of government restrbitons to our lives without pausing to question them.

There is plenty of highly educated people saying the same as myself.

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

There you go again, I never said that. I don't want the government to any such thing.

That cough whilst sitting down indoors is just as likely to pass on any virus as a cough heading towards the door.

A face mask is not going to help with a wipe across a door handle, not sure of the relevance.

"Use your head" - nice thought but we're not allowed to, the government do that for us.

Maybe we should just lower our face masks with every forkful of food or sip of drink.

Why not?

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

The only laws that matter right now whilst we fight this threat to humanity.

Amarite?

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Have you genuinely never broken one of the covid ‘laws’? 

8 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

By all accounts the NHS is far better prepared for an increase in covid cases. Outcomes have improved since March due to a much better  understanding of the virus. Drugs that drastically increase survival rates and the discovery that traditional ventilation caused more problems than it solved with covid. From that perspective it’s not the same disease we faced in March and this should be reflected in how we deal with it. The NHS has essentially been turned into the national covid service for 6 months, so you really think it’s a sustainable position?

I don't think anyone does but there is no quick and easy fix. Treatment of covid patients has improved but cancer patients with a weakened immune system are certainly in the high risk group. A double whammy of covid and cancer doesn't bode well for them. Using cancer patients as an example of why we should just open everything back up seems somewhat naive. The more covid there is flowing through the population, the higher at risk they are. Finding a way to reduce the waiting times while keeping the covid transmission rate as low as possible has got to be the goal.

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This thread just makes you think we really deserve worse than Covid-19 tbh, humanity is awful. 

It is. But we'd all be a wee bit less awful if we could go on holiday, or at least visit our families and friends.

Jambo 4 Ever

Noting that the country is still awaiting a vaccine, Nicola Sturgeon added: "Don't knock short term measures that maybe give us time to suppress it while we're waiting on other things happening."

33 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Probably fare about the same as if they don’t get/heavily delay treatment. 

18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The SG does have some difficulties if it wants to impose lockdown/circuit break. 

I wonder if we will maybe try some halfway house at lockdown whilst keeping the economy open. No idea how they do that. Maybe banning households meeting up and restricting movements.  

Isnt that essentially what we are doing just now?

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Noting that the country is still awaiting a vaccine, Nicola Sturgeon added: "Don't knock short term measures that maybe give us time to suppress it while we're waiting on other things happening."

What is it she's waiting on?

There is no vaccine in the offing.

Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I don't think anyone does but there is no quick and easy fix. Treatment of covid patients has improved but cancer patients with a weakened immune system are certainly in the high risk group. A double whammy of covid and cancer doesn't bode well for them. Using cancer patients as an example of why we should just open everything back up seems somewhat naive. The more covid there is flowing through the population, the higher at risk they are. Finding a way to reduce the waiting times while keeping the covid transmission rate as low as possible has got to be the goal.

I'd rather get treatment for the cancer with the risk of catching Covid than not get treated and still possibly catch covid.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Oh for those halcyon days in March/April when things were so simple.

Scotland was doing good while England was doing bad.

We had nice Nicola while they had bad Boris.

Where did it all go wrong?

Back then she had Boris to hide behind. Now she has nowhere to hide and even some of her own supporters are starting to see through her.

One good thing is that she's not so smug and condescending anymore as the pressure is starting to get to her

coconut doug
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

They have literally no idea how many cases they actually have.

YOu can test +ve some time after you no longer have it

And you can test -ve when the infection is incubating . Testing is not exact and it is not a cure. It merely gives an indication of the level of infection and helps public health to identify potential spreaders with the aim of restricting further spread.

False positives are not a problem as far as the spread of the disease goes. Some other countries without widespread testing made the assumption that people were infected and imposed quarantine. This suppressed the disease. We did not do this and it is one of the reasons we have such a high infection rate and death rate.

The UK as far as i can see does not publish figures for those who no longer have the disease and so they do not know accurately how many cases there are. They are more interested in tracking the rate and direction of spread and are apparently doing this more accurately with improved testing methods. The system definitely appears slipshod but suggesting that it has no value at all is a big leap.

Ron Burgundy

If they are enforcing another lockdown then to work or achieve its supposed desired affect ( everyone knows it wont) it actually must mean a lockdown then. No pro sports if kids cant play, everything closes. Restaurants , bars, shops, everything. It won't happen though as this is a political game being played by absolute morons.

coconut doug
55 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Don't you think doctors could tell if the functionality of your vital organs was permanently impaired? Tissue damaged for instance could be diagnosed. This is not an episode of Star Trek where bodies can be regenerated.

Adam_the_legend
16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Id hope someone somewhere in government (or hopefully a clinician with far more competence) is considering the risk to cancer patients from covid and the risk to them from delayed treatment or detection. This same equation should be considered for all serious health conditions. We aren’t seeing any of the “evidence” though. There is a distinct lack of peer reviewed analysis on the broader effects, instead we just get told “the science says so” 🤷🏼‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They could extend it though. 

For example they could ban meeting anyone outside your household at hospitality settings etc. Whilst it’s possible they could restrict travel distance from your house. Limit permitted travel etc. 

I just think they will need to try and leave the economy alone as much as possible. Doesn’t mean they do that though.

Yeah that’s true, it feels like the above measures would just be skirting round the edges of what we are currently doing tho. Cannot see it would have much impact, I think they have more or less gone as far as they can go without taking the plunge and going back into lockdown. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

To be honest I quite like wearing a face mask to the bathroom, as the other staff find the ball-gag quite intimidating

😂😂😂

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

Don't you think doctors could tell if the functionality of your vital organs was permanently impaired? Tissue damaged for instance could be diagnosed. This is not an episode of Star Trek where bodies can be regenerated.

It very much depends what state they were in pre-infection

These tests are being done on patients hospitalised- who are the worse affected and by all possible other measures are most likely to already have ischaemic damage to their brains and myocardia, let alone damage from smoking and diabetes etc etc etc even before they had Covid.

Establishing causality would require before and after shots, which they may have, but I doubt it, because even if they had a previous, say echo cardiogram- they deteriorate over time anyway, so attributing any extra damage to the virus would be really hard

Adam_the_legend
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

What is it she's waiting on?

There is no vaccine in the offing.

shut up doctor!! We only want experts that agree with us!!

:sarcasm:

Back to 2005
24 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'd rather get treatment for the cancer with the risk of catching Covid than not get treated and still possibly catch covid.

Exactly. But as with everything else the state has decided it knows best.

Back to 2005
24 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Exactly. But as with everything else the state has decided it knows best.

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Back then she had Boris to hide behind. Now she has nowhere to hide and even some of her own supporters are starting to see through her.

One good thing is that she's not so smug and condescending anymore as the pressure is starting to get to her

:lol:

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

You'll no be laughing when she shuts your boozer down :D

I've never had a pint in Edinburgh since before lockdown so that won't effect me.

If she imposes travel restrictions, she can bolt. I'd like to see that being policed 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Run rampant? A huge swathe of the population may well have natural immunity already. It was able to "run rampant " on the Diamond Princess for 2 full weeks and less than 20% were infected. You seem to believe , hyperbolic language aside ; rip through, run rampant etc, that everyone is prone to catching it. They're not, especially if they follow the hands, face, space principle. 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've never had a pint in Edinburgh since before lockdown so that won't effect me.

If she imposes travel restrictions, she can bolt. I'd like to see that being policed 

Just back from Dorset but at least, if she closes the pubs, the next trip can be a day trip  to Berwick.  That's about 5 miles by my reckoning🍺

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just back from Dorset but at least, if she closes the pubs, the next trip can be a day trip  to Berwick.  That's about 5 miles by my reckoning🍺

Exactly. I doubt she'll have roadblocks at the border

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You’re right.
I’ll be shouting mad Nicola oot.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic