• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Cruyff said:

Hearing that there could be further restrictions in the coming week or two. That may be a full lockdown. 

Where u hearing this from ? 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Where u hearing this from ? 

A Police officer. 

Might be shite. Might no be. 🤷

Edited by Cruyff

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Hearing that there could be further restrictions in the coming week or two. That may be a full lockdown. 

Would be catastrophic for the economy, if true, and unlikely to be adhered to imo. Basing policy on case numbers, using dubious tests, is crazy. Take precautions in care homes, hospitals etc but other than that, get on with life.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Would be catastrophic for the economy, if true, and unlikely to be adhered to imo. Basing policy on case numbers, using dubious tests, is crazy. Take precautions in care homes, hospitals etc but other than that, get on with life.

I'd agree. Absolute nightmare if further restrictions is in their thinking.

A lot of folk in other sectors can work from home and that may become the norm in the future, things can continue as usual in that respect. Anywhere that relies on face to face customers however might struggle this time just as they were receiving more orders or, taking on more staff as customers were coming back, even more so there is now no furlough. 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Doing nothing is simply not an option 

10 hours ago, frankblack said:

You seem a tad sensitive, and clearly worried about next year's Holyrood elections, which is understandable with support drifting away as SG policies are clearly failing on containing the virus.  If you can't link my two statements together you are the one with issues, chum. 👍

Seeing its a covid-19 thread, I'll keep my response to :rofl:

17 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye, thats genuine right enough. :rolleyes:

Slower than usual day in sunny Hamilton?

Thought it was lighthearted, and yet he still gets criticism. 

5 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ok genius.  Please enlighten us as to how you would fix the problems the governments aren't willing to address such as non-compliance with the rules and student halls outbreaks?

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Seeing its a covid-19 thread, I'll keep my response to :rofl:

You don't have a lot to laugh about. 👍

My response was on topic - the other poster was going off on one.

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Ok genius.  Please enlighten us as to how you would fix the problems the governments aren't willing to address such as non-compliance with the rules and student halls outbreaks?

Completely agree. Fix the problem areas where it is spreading and leave the rest of us to get on with life. Locking down people who are washing hands, wearing masks,  socially distancing etc will not reduce cases.  Hospitals, care homes, university campuses, food processing factories etc are where it spreads.  And businesses, public transport operators need to start saying "no mask, no entry". 

15841 cases have gone unreported by Boris world beating Track and Trace shambles. 
God help us when the 31st December comes around. 

Dennis Reynolds
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd agree. Absolute nightmare if further restrictions is in their thinking.

A lot of folk in other sectors can work from home and that may become the norm in the future, things can continue as usual in that respect. Anywhere that relies on face to face customers however might struggle this time just as they were receiving more orders or, taking on more staff as customers were coming back, even more so there is now no furlough. 

I heard very similar over the weekend! 

Two weeks of pretty much another full lockdown. Non essential businesses to shut and 5 mile radius limit of travelling. Would be a massive kick in the nuts tbh. Whilst I don't think we can do nothing,  not sure I would really agree with it. 

Non essential travel cancelled for remainder of the year as well.

I'm hoping it's either just a stupid rumour or possibly an idea leaked to gauge opinion. They way they've been chatting though I think there will be something.

The date I was told was the 16th so not sure if that ties in with the school holidays?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, LMc said:

Two weeks of pretty much another full lockdown. Non essential businesses to shut and 5 mile radius limit of travelling. Would be a massive kick in the nuts tbh. Whilst I don't think we can do nothing,  not sure I would really agree with it. 

I'm hoping it's either just a stupid rumour or possibly an idea leaked to gauge opinion. They way they've been chatting though I think there will be something.

The date I was told was the 16th so not sure if that ties in with the school holidays?

The school holidays start on Monday 19th so that would fit in.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The school holidays start on Monday 19th so that would fit in.

I think in Glasgow etc school holidays start next week?

1 hour ago, LMc said:

If true it signals complete and utter mismanagement by the Scottish Government, and signals they have lost the plot.

People who have been travelling wearing facemasks, observing the social distancing, and carrying personal hand sanitiser are being punished because they refuse to tackle the root of the problem as we are nearing an election.

This circuit breaker crap has been rumoured for weeks now so if it’s true then they have been planning this for ages 

The name circuit breaker is obviously a name they have came up with rather than full lockdown so us the public buy into it 

If we are having to go into lockdown again then that’s just an acknowledgment that everything we have done has failed, and yet they want us to repeat the failed experiment.

If this locking down for 14 days goes ahead then what?

The economy is wrecked and all we do is push this so called second wave deeper into the winter? Utter madness 

Edited by theshed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54412581

A technical glitch that meant nearly 16,000 cases of coronavirus went unreported has delayed efforts to trace contacts of people who tested positive.

Public Health England said 15,841 cases between 25 September and 2 October were left out of the UK daily case figures.

PHE said all those who tested positive had been informed. But it means others in close contact with them were not.

:vrface:

Edited by Ray Gin

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

People who have been travelling wearing facemasks, observing the social distancing, and carrying personal hand sanitiser are being punished because they refuse to tackle the root of the problem as we are nearing an election.

What are you suggesting that they do?

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I think in Glasgow etc school holidays start next week?

That’s possible the Edinburgh holiday is a bit later than normal.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What are you suggesting that they do?

Close the loopholes on travelling on public transport, make shops such as the big supermarkets force people to buy masks at the door if they don't have them, close halls of residences in Universities, ....

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Close the loopholes on travelling on public transport, make shops such as the big supermarkets force people to buy masks at the door if they don't have them, close halls of residences in Universities, ....

I’m glad you didn’t mention pubs.

Seriously has I’ve mentioned previously my local pub is top notch with its protocol.

It would be a kick in the baws if they closed.

Dennis Reynolds
12 minutes ago, theshed said:

This circuit breaker crap has been rumoured for weeks now so if it’s true then they have been planning this for ages 

The name circuit breaker is obviously a name they have came up with rather than full lockdown so us the public buy into it 

If we are having to go into lockdown again then that’s just an acknowledgment that everything we have done has failed, and yet they want us to repeat the failed experiment.

If this locking down for 14 days goes ahead then what?

The economy is wrecked and all we do is push this so called second wave deeper into the winter? Utter madness 

Can't really disagree with any of that.

Ron Burgundy

On my daily work call someone said that the 10pm curfew was looking to be extended for the hospitality at Hampden in case the game went to extra time.

I thought he was at the wind up but apparently not.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m glad you didn’t mention pubs.

Seriously has I’ve mentioned previously my local pub is top notch with its protocol.

It would be a kick in the baws if they closed.

I know - many are the best organised places around.

We need  transparancy of the track and trace figures and non-political decisions based on shutting down the problem areas even if the politicians don't like it.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I know - many are the best organised places around.

We need  transparancy of the track and trace figures and non-political decisions based on shutting down the problem areas even if the politicians don't like it.

Fair comment.

On a lighter note I’ve just warned the wife I may have to go to the local more just now in case It shuts.

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Leitch has also stated he’s not sure if a short circuit break would be effectiveness due to the R number. They seem to believe a circuit break works best when R number just above 1 , ours might be too high to make this strategy all that effective. 

Why would it be effective? He said it would buy us 28 days. What happens after that 28 days, another 'circuit breaker'? Clueless.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

You don't have a lot to laugh about. 👍

My response was on topic - the other poster was going off on one.

You went off on one, precious. 😉

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, JWL said:

Why would it be effective? He said it would buy us 28 days. What happens after that 28 days, another 'circuit breaker'? Clueless.

Yes, that does actually seem to be the plan to get through the next 6 months. Mini lockdowns, coinciding with the school holidays. My wife works in education and they're convinced it's happening over the next three holidays, October and then Christmas and February. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Back to 2005

It's pretty clear they are going to introduce this nonsense "circuit breaker" idea from next week. This is despite the health advisor (American woman, forget her name) advising that lockdowns dont work. Took her 7 months to come to this conclusion mind you.

Going to be a long hard winter folks. Dont worry though. Those that make these decisions will still have a big pay cheque every month. Unlike some of us.

Back to 2005
12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yes, that does actually seem to be the plan to get through the next 6 months. Mini lockdowns, coinciding with the school holidays. My wife works in education and they're convinced it's happening over the next three holidays, October and then Christmas and February. 

What about the 6 months after that?

11 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yeah, been told by someone in the education sector that it's to start with the school holidays. What I and many others would like to know is, what exactly does 'circuit breaker' mean? Is it full lockdown, mini lockdown; are bars, restaurants to operate under current regulations or do they close; can Hearts play at home to Dundee or will we be going into a Scottish Cup semi-final having hardly kicked a competitive ball? What happens after the 28 days and the R Number has reduced; do we ease restrictions again only to go back to another 'circuit breaker' and so on ad infinitum? Crazy stuff.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Yes, exactly. And instead of praising students and telling them "it's not your fault"  i.e  I need your vote next year..., criticise those who are breaking the rules, breaching social distancing guidelines and holding house parties. Criticise those who do not wear face masks when it's mandatory to do so and ensure that the existing laws are enforced before introducing more laws.

24 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You went off on one, precious. 😉

:cornette:

You seem a bit sensitive, and were having a meltdown.  Hope a good night's sleep has made you wake up and smell the coffee.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, exactly. And instead of praising students and telling them "it's not your fault"  i.e  I need your vote next year..., criticise those who are breaking the rules, breaching social distancing guidelines and holding house parties. Criticise those who do not wear face masks when it's mandatory to do so and ensure that the existing laws are enforced before introducing more laws.

Precisely, but it won't happen as Sturgeon won't want to damage her core vote.

Back to 2005
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

People still believing masks protect you from a virus! Introduced in July when there was next to no cases...just a comfort blanket for the brainwashed. 

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

People still believing masks protect you from a virus! Introduced in July when there was next to no cases...just a comfort blanket for the brainwashed. 

:jj_facepalm:

No, people believe that everyone wearing masks in confined spaces protects you from the virus.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I don't think anyone claimed masks protect you. It protects other folk from your couching, sneezing etc. If everyone wears one everyone is protected no???

Back to 2005
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I don't think anyone claimed masks protect you. It protects other folk from your couching, sneezing etc. If everyone wears one everyone is protected no???

Don't you think its strange they have never been used before? Like in the bad flu years when thousands died. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Where is he suggesting doing nothing you troll? 

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Don't you think its strange they have never been used before? Like in the bad flu years when thousands died. 

Hindsight is a fine thing though. Perhaps we should have. Maybe there's been a lot more research into this given this is a global pandemic.

Weakened Offender
32 minutes ago, JWL said:

Yeah, been told by someone in the education sector that it's to start with the school holidays. What I and many others would like to know is, what exactly does 'circuit breaker' mean? Is it full lockdown, mini lockdown; are bars, restaurants to operate under current regulations or do they close; can Hearts play at home to Dundee or will we be going into a Scottish Cup semi-final having hardly kicked a competitive ball? What happens after the 28 days and the R Number has reduced; do we ease restrictions again only to go back to another 'circuit breaker' and so on ad infinitum? Crazy stuff.

It's not great, I agree. I guess if there's evidence the first one works then they'll run with more, who knows. I don't think they - SG- do and they don't appear to be hiding that. 

I don't think bars will be open if schools are closed. I am confident of that, unfortunately. 

Regarding football, who knows. Its Scotland eh? 🙄

Back to 2005
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hindsight is a fine thing though. Perhaps we should have. Maybe there's been a lot more research into this given this is a global pandemic.

Maybe. Or maybe its something else? A symbol of compliance? You don't think this is a bit of an over reaction to a virus that 99.94% of us are safe from? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

I don't think bars will be open if schools are closed. I am confident of that, unfortunately. 

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😫😫😫😫😫😫

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Maybe. Or maybe its something else? A symbol of compliance? You don't think this is a bit of an over reaction to a virus that 99.94% of us are safe from? 

Don't know mate. Chief scientific advisors from different countries the world over are suggesting we use a mask in public so there must be something in it.

I'm a pissed off as anyone else about this but what can we do until a working vaccine becomes available?

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😫😫😫😫😫😫

I feel the pain, pal. 😢

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic