Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Back to 2005
15 minutes ago, Jambo no 1 said:

Sky news always impartial. That aside after 6 months you would expect that countries that didnt mandate face coverings to have much increased covid rates.  

Is there any evidence for that? 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to 2005
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Don't know mate. Chief scientific advisors from different countries the world over are suggesting we use a mask in public so there must be something in it.

I'm a pissed off as anyone else about this but what can we do until a working vaccine becomes available?

Working and properly tested vaccine could take years. But this is the road they are guiding us towards which makes me uncomfortable about the while thing.

32 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

People still believing masks protect you from a virus! Introduced in July when there was next to no cases...just a comfort blanket for the brainwashed. 

Introduced in April in Scotland.

20 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Don't you think its strange they have never been used before? Like in the bad flu years when thousands died. 

Widespread use throughout Asian countries who have some pretty solid experience.

Abiola Dauda

I've heard that a 2 week lockdown will be announced on Thursday to start on Monday.  SG see it as a chance to have a circuit breaker with minimum disruption to schools because of the holidays. 

My guess is that non professional sport will stop, no mixing of households and non essential shops to close. 

I totally got the logic of the initial lockdown - flatten the curve of the initial spike to stop the NHS being overwhelmed and to buy time to prepare (SECC as well) it was manageable because it was supported by the furlough scheme which meant there could be a quick recovery following the restrictions being lifted. 

A lockdown is never going to get rid of the virus - it grows very quickly from a small base.  All it does is delay the spread.  If we are going to continue with restrictions and temporary lockdowns until a vaccine is available and distributed to the whole country then we will be waiting a very long time. 

We are now in a scenario where our economy (which was already fragile) has been restricted for over six months.  The longer the restrictions go on the more jobs will be lost.  Once the jobs are lost then they dont magically reappear after the pandemic is over and it will take years and years to recover.  

A lockdown is draconian and not worth the economic hit. I dont buy into the theory that the virus has mutated to be less deadly but it IS killing a much lower % (across Europe) than it did before.  This could partly be because it's danger was overestimated in the first spike because of a lack of testing and it was much more widespread (and therefore killing a lower %) than we thought but also:

1.hospitals have a number of steroids now which help with treatment; and

2. many people who were likely to be at risk of death from the virus have already died from it.

I am an SNP voter but I will be furious if there is another lockdown.  Killing off our economy and asking people to put their lives on hold is no longer proportionate and would be totally unacceptable. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54412581

A technical glitch that meant nearly 16,000 cases of coronavirus went unreported has delayed efforts to trace contacts of people who tested positive.

Public Health England said 15,841 cases between 25 September and 2 October were left out of the UK daily case figures.

PHE said all those who tested positive had been informed. But it means others in close contact with them were not.

:vrface:

I’m very suspicious of this. Considering the infections rates were will lower than the Whitty / Valence “ predictions “ several weeks ago it just Makes me wonder they are at it 

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Sky news always impartial. That aside after 6 months you would expect that countries that didnt mandate face coverings to have much increased covid rates.  

Is there any evidence for that? 

Im not sure but ask Donald and his Cohort who all chose not to wear masks. They seem to be doing well. 

The bottom line, despite what you dangerously claim,  face masks/coverings do provide varing levels of protection. They are part of a tool box of protection which should be adopted at this time. 

Jambo 4 Ever
29 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where is he suggesting doing nothing you troll? 

Umm please refrain from name calling mate 

something has to be done as Covid is on the rise again

Back to 2005
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Widespread use throughout Asian countries who have some pretty solid experience.

Presumably much lower flu cases in Asia then? 

Ron Burgundy
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

697 more cases

Out of that 697 I reckon 692 have nothing to worry about. Still it grabs people attention.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Out of that 697 I reckon 692 have nothing to worry about. Still it grabs people attention.

Exactly it’s just a headline grabber 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Don’t talk nonsense mate - this is serious 

more essential than ever that EVERYONE follows the rules now 

Abiola Dauda
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Exactly it’s just a headline grabber 

Yip. 4 deaths since Friday of people who had tested positve and died. 

I wonder how many suicides there have been since then. How many of them were indirectly connected to covid restrictions?

doctor jambo

Well, quite.

In addition the unreliability of the "tests" means they may not even have it, nor be infectious.

They had it at some point, sure, but so what?

Just now, Abiola Dauda said:

Yip. 4 deaths since Friday of people who had tested positve and died. 

I wonder how many suicides there have been since then. How many of them were indirectly connected to covid restrictions?

Certain posters will never approve of any criticism of the Scottish government and blindly support all measures.

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Make me.

I am a covid maverick. A covid sceptic if you like and I make my own rules.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Answer the question. Where did he say doing nothing was the way forward. You are a trouble making troll and I'm not your mate. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What do you suggest as a full lockdown clearly didn't work? Or are you proposing that we effectively kill off the hospitality industry for good?

JudyJudyJudy

Interesting stats from England of yesterday’s deaths 

D6A2D17F-38FD-4A52-8E94-007ED01E30A3.jpeg

Edited by JamesM48

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m very suspicious of this. Considering the infections rates were will lower than the Whitty / Valence “ predictions “ several weeks ago it just Makes me wonder they are at it 

With the higher numbers being released over the weekend, the UK is now on a worse trajectory than France and Spain, but still considerably better than Vallance's worst case scenario.

EjhDUQVXcAAxSxx?format=jpg&name=small

EjhDDg4X0AEqkI4?format=jpg&name=small

Ron Burgundy
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Interesting stats from England of yesterday’s deaths 

B35074E8-CB36-43AD-8CC8-CAC16C162EB4.png

What does Covid associated deaths mean. Hit by a car on the way to being tested?

Back to 2005
7 minutes ago, Jambo no 1 said:

Im not sure but ask Donald and his Cohort who all chose not to wear masks. They seem to be doing well. 

The bottom line, despite what you dangerously claim,  face masks/coverings do provide varing levels of protection. They are part of a tool box of protection which should be adopted at this time. 

Depends if trump actually has the virus.  Seems to have got it a  convenient time dont you think?

Thanks for your advice but it's not based on any factual evidence. Like most of the government advice. 

Strict mask countries like France and Spain. Huge spike in cases. Sweden life very close to normal. 

But heyho let's keep the peasants suffering. They will believe anything we tell them even though they are unemployed, suicides are doubling and patients dying through not getting vital treatment.

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Is it? How many are asymptomatic? How do they plan to target the main spread areas, university campuses, care homes, hospitals etc? Do they plan to send students back home? Is there any evidence at all to suggest that the virus has spread in hospitality settings?

11 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

I've heard that a 2 week lockdown will be announced on Thursday to start on Monday.  SG see it as a chance to have a circuit breaker with minimum disruption to schools because of the holidays. 

My guess is that non professional sport will stop, no mixing of households and non essential shops to close. 

I totally got the logic of the initial lockdown - flatten the curve of the initial spike to stop the NHS being overwhelmed and to buy time to prepare (SECC as well) it was manageable because it was supported by the furlough scheme which meant there could be a quick recovery following the restrictions being lifted. 

A lockdown is never going to get rid of the virus - it grows very quickly from a small base.  All it does is delay the spread.  If we are going to continue with restrictions and temporary lockdowns until a vaccine is available and distributed to the whole country then we will be waiting a very long time. 

We are now in a scenario where our economy (which was already fragile) has been restricted for over six months.  The longer the restrictions go on the more jobs will be lost.  Once the jobs are lost then they dont magically reappear after the pandemic is over and it will take years and years to recover.  

A lockdown is draconian and not worth the economic hit. I dont buy into the theory that the virus has mutated to be less deadly but it IS killing a much lower % (across Europe) than it did before.  This could partly be because it's danger was overestimated in the first spike because of a lack of testing and it was much more widespread (and therefore killing a lower %) than we thought but also:

1.hospitals have a number of steroids now which help with treatment; and

2. many people who were likely to be at risk of death from the virus have already died from it.

I am an SNP voter but I will be furious if there is another lockdown.  Killing off our economy and asking people to put their lives on hold is no longer proportionate and would be totally unacceptable. 

Ive thought that since the scottish government brought up circuit breakers a couple of weeks ago and my local authority emailed out about plan B for schools in the event of lockdowns. The past 6 months have shown that stories are generally 'leaked' days before turn out to be true. Anyone would think the government were trying to prepare us  for a mini full-scale lockdown👀🤔🙄

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Serious you say?:cornette:

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Make me.

th-2.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Don't you think its strange they have never been used before? Like in the bad flu years when thousands died. 

Face masks were widely used during the 1918 Flu pandemic.

Just ask Mr. Google Images and you'll get dozens of photos of the public wearing face masks dating from 1918.

40 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

image.png.2b55d146c982020f104e2bd040a3ec60.pngimage.png.6863ed3fafb6c016f30b0186a3523f3f.png

image.png

What does Covid associated deaths mean. Hit by a car on the way to being tested?

I wouldn't trust any of the stats produced either by the devolved executives or the UK govt. They're at it to some extent.  

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Depends if trump actually has the virus.  Seems to have got it a  convenient time dont you think?

Thanks for your advice but it's not based on any factual evidence. Like most of the government advice. 

Strict mask countries like France and Spain. Huge spike in cases. Sweden life very close to normal. 

But heyho let's keep the peasants suffering. They will believe anything we tell them even though they are unemployed, suicides are doubling and patients dying through not getting vital treatment.

Tell you what you seem to by caught up in conspiracy theories and denial. You are a dangerous individual who denies the scientific work that highly educated people who excel in their fields have done over the past few months. Instead you offer nothing, nothing at all to help fight this virus. 

I’m off in a couple of hours to Tenerife. I will be wear my face mask on the plane along with safety glasses. When in Tenerife face masks are mandatory with there are heavy fines if you don’t wear them or wear them properly. 

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Make me.

You better be following the law mate 

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You better be following the law mate 

What if he isn't? What're you going to do about it?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

For a start The mods could remove him if he is openly admitting to breaking the law! 

This thread has gone batshit mental with obvious trolls on both sides. I know you aren't meant to criticise mods but surely it would be better for everyone if the trolls were banned from this thread 

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Sounds very much like some sort of circuit breaker is in the post.

A big week coming up.

Looks imminent. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

This thread has gone batshit mental with obvious trolls on both sides. I know you aren't meant to criticise mods but surely it would be better for everyone if the trolls were banned from this thread 

And anyone not taking it seriously or openly admitting they are breaking laws should be banned from the thread too

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

J4E will no nothing as he is trolling everyone. Even if we all wear masks and do social distancing, won't make the blindest bit of difference. We have Scottish government putting their political ideals above everything and everybody, while we have UK government generally arsing about with incompetents at every port.

Scotland and UK is ****ed with industries being wilfully destroyed, people's livelihoods being wiped away without a second thought, and education falling apart. If I was Brexit negotiating for EU, I would just tell UK to get stuffed as we deserve to be left alone as example of what happens when you let lunatics run things, backed by their equally lunatic cult followers. 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I am using common sense.

There are rules and laws in place for a reason

what example of common sense are you meaning?

Ron Burgundy

Well by engaging with you I have blown my rule of applying common sense right out the window.

You don't need to know what I'm doing or not doing.

Common sense trumps the scaremongering psychological war that @scotgov is waging on the population. Sanitise your hands, wear a mask in enclosed spaces, socially distance where possible and adhere to the rules in hospitality settings. That's all you need to follow. Any other restrictions are tyrannical 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic