Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Bit out of touch to be honest. More people every day can't make ends meet and you sound like you're mugging them off.

He is . Selfish am allright jack mentality . 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, theshed said:

The problem is they if the pub enforces the two rule household they would be half empty and pubs need all the money they can get 

I’m meeting 3 friends next sat afternoon and this was my worry that they won’t let us in all together so hopefully pubs no being to strict on this stupid two household thing 

six were at one table when we went in and the other table was just one guy, then two joined them and then another two. The pub certainly didn't seem bothered and yes they do need all the money they can get.

1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

You have zero understanding or empathy of individual experiences of lockdown and the effects on them , or fail to mention the long term effects of it . Advocating the use of the military on the streets says everything about you . Perhaps you should move to China or North Korea , may suit your warped ideology living there . They’ll wrap you up in cotton wool but be careful if you breach their rules , you’ll be brown bread in a minute . 

It's all right it will only be the tartan army. Break any rules and they will tickle you with their feathers....

I don’t see some of these posters anywhere else. This thread feels like a bubble of ignorance and denial for them to cosy up in. They keep wanting to push the conspiracy agenda presumably because they shat themselves earlier this year and can’t handle the reality of what we currently face.

It all being a hoax makes it so much easier to sleep huh?

Excellent.   Let's move from the government making executive decisions based on guidance from scientific advisors to parliamentarians making decisions based on personal investments portfolios. 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-faces-certain-defeat-22749396 At last there is a possibility of at least discussion before legislation is just steam rolled through . 

And that can't be a bad thing, because if discussed in parliament, then maybe some of the adverse effects can at the very least be aired before new restrictions come into force, rather than them being realised afterwards.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

I don’t see some of these posters anywhere else. This thread feels like a bubble of ignorance and denial for them to cosy up in. They keep wanting to push the conspiracy agenda presumably because they shat themselves earlier this year and can’t handle the reality of what we currently face.

It feels more like those in favour of all the restrictions and measures are more in a bubble of ignorance and denial because they can't face the reality that diseases kill humans and humans aren't meant to live forever.

Questioning others intelligence and trying to make them out to be stupid looks more like a comfort blanket for those who don't like that others have handled the reality that we'll have to live with this one better than they have.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And that can't be a bad thing, because if discussed in parliament, then maybe some of the adverse effects can at the very least be aired before new restrictions come into force, rather than them being realised afterwards.

Exactly 

20 minutes ago, kila said:

Surely it being a hoax is more disturbing than it not being? 

I see anyone who has had COVID and never died aka 99.997% of people are now classed as "survivors"

:facepalm:

It used to be classed as "getting over" the flu not ****ing surviving it. It is not a ****ing plane crash.

23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Excellent.   Let's move from the government making executive decisions based on guidance from scientific advisors to parliamentarians making decisions based on personal investments portfolios. 

What if the scientists are making decisions based on investments? 

Screenshot_20200924-120217_Samsung Internet.jpg

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It feels more like those in favour of all the restrictions and measures are more in a bubble of ignorance and denial because they can't face the reality that diseases kill humans and humans aren't meant to live forever.

Questioning others intelligence and trying to make them out to be stupid looks more like a comfort blanket for those who don't like that others have handled the reality that we'll have to live with this one better than they have.

I’ve been back at work for a couple months. Using public transport too. I’m living in the reality of all this though.

Things can’t continue like this forever but we’re buying time for proven treatments and vaccine.

It seems some would rather a hospital ICU checklist. If you’re in this category **** off and die with Covid at home because you’re not meant to live forever.

Edited by kila

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

What if the scientists are making decisions based on investments? 

Screenshot_20200924-120217_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes indeed.  That is definitely something to be examined.   But he's one person within a large pool of scientific advice.   Hopefully his own conflict of interests will be looked into though.

On parliament.    While discussion is no bad thing,   nobody should be under the illusion that parliamentarians will vote through or vote down particular motions based on solely on what's discussed before them or from other scientific advice.    The not-so-ancient history of the Brexit arm wrestle showed only too well how freely these people will attempt to steer decisions based on personal chips in the game.

7 minutes ago, kila said:

I’ve been back at work for a couple months. Using public transport too. I’m living in the reality of all this though.

Things can’t continue like this forever but we’re buying time for proven treatments and vaccine.

Hopefully it's successful but there's every chance we won't get a vaccine or proven treatment any time soon. Whatever treatments they are using just now seem to be working as people aren't dieing in the numbers they were initially. Of course, the acid test of that will be in 3 to 4 weeks time when we see if this surge in cases back to levels earlier in the year washes through to deaths similar to those levels as well.

7 minutes ago, kila said:

It seems some would rather a hospital ICU checklist. If you’re in this category **** off and die with Covid at home because you’re not meant to live forever.

Accepting that humans will reach an age range or health bracket where a number of things may cause their death is not even remotely the same as welcoming that reality or telling those it sadly effects to **** off.

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

false positives are actually about 85-94% of all positive results. 

And how do you differentiate a false positive with a genuine positive that is still infectious.  there is only the one available test right now, and that is using viral RNA, so it is identifying people who either have, or have had the virus.  False negatives, which release people from Quarantine are far more of a problem. 

16 minutes ago, kila said:

we’re buying time for proven treatments and vaccine.

Also buying time for the virus to drift genetically so it may be as mild as the common cold.  As has happened plenty of times before. 

16 minutes ago, kila said:

As we have seen already this year, The checklist will include young otherwise healthy individuals, who maybe need some extra support in Activities of Daily Living due to learning difficulties, high functioning ASD etc.   

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

Nucky Thompson

344 new positive cases in Scotland out of 17,759 new tests that reported results

1 death

105 in hospital with 12 of those in ICU

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Usually the case on a Sunday.

The high number of tests confused me, 3770 new people tested which keeps it more in line with recent percentages. 

5 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

My worry there, outside of the huge number of deaths, is the 267 40-59 year olds. If the virus is only 10/15% of its way through the population that's a lot more deaths of healthy working age people that are going to die, even if the % of total population is small

You're basing your worry on 100% of the population getting the virus, I read the other day that around 30-40% gettting it would see "herd immunity" taking effect, if that's true then double those figures would seem about right. Not great but not as bad as you seem to be thinking.

54 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

False negatives, which release people from Quarantine are far more of a problem. 

Not according to the scientist I referred to, Dr Mike Yeadon. Here's a quote from his research paper published one week ago:

As of the most recent ONS survey, to a first approximation, the virus was found in 1 in every 1000 people. This can also be written as 0.1%. So when all these 10,000 people are tested in Pillar 2, you’d expect 10 true positives to be found (false negatives can be an issue when the virus is very common, but in this community setting, it is statistically unimportant and so I have chosen to ignore it, better to focus only on false positives). (my emphasis)

I will also link in the full paper which is very informative, as are the links from the paper to other information sources:

https://lockdownsceptics.org/lies-damned-lies-and-health-statistics-the-deadly-danger-of-false-positives/?s=09&fbclid=IwAR0V44esmfOUWhI_ZKKLCtePiWrZXqA3pOW-H9deh8_ZVUOR0-inqbgcE6g

Also here's an amazing video which not only explains in very clear terms about the numbers of false positives and why they matter statistically, but also that the government has used statistical fraud in a criminal manner to justify all current restrictions on people:

Nucky Thompson
52 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The high number of tests confused me, 3770 new people tested which keeps it more in line with recent percentages. 

It's a silly way of counting IMO. 

17,759 new tests that produced results but 3770 of those were new people?

Are all the positive results coming from those new people?

300 positive results might have came from people who had tested negative in the past

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Edited by Nucky Thompson
double post

Dennis Reynolds
42 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Not according to the scientist I referred to, Dr Mike Yeadon. Here's a quote from his research paper published one week ago:

As of the most recent ONS survey, to a first approximation, the virus was found in 1 in every 1000 people. This can also be written as 0.1%. So when all these 10,000 people are tested in Pillar 2, you’d expect 10 true positives to be found (false negatives can be an issue when the virus is very common, but in this community setting, it is statistically unimportant and so I have chosen to ignore it, better to focus only on false positives). (my emphasis)

I will also link in the full paper which is very informative, as are the links from the paper to other information sources:

https://lockdownsceptics.org/lies-damned-lies-and-health-statistics-the-deadly-danger-of-false-positives/?s=09&fbclid=IwAR0V44esmfOUWhI_ZKKLCtePiWrZXqA3pOW-H9deh8_ZVUOR0-inqbgcE6g

Also here's an amazing video which not only explains in very clear terms about the numbers of false positives and why they matter statistically, but also that the government has used statistical fraud in a criminal manner to justify all current restrictions on people:

It's not a false positive. 

As he quite rightly states, the test tests for viral RNA and will tell you if you have the virus. Just because you maybe had it last week or two months ago if it's still there, it's still a positive test.

He then makes an incredible leap that the majority of people getting pillar 2 tests are not symptomatic. How can he know that? From that, he then makes it out that because the majority of people are asymptomatic, they will in fact not be infectious, which would make their test a 'false positive' which is another major leap. 

The point he is making is something that certainly needs to be investigated more but his science is a bit off. 

https://twitter.com/MackayIM/status/1304191129869455360?s=19

21 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Another potential worry is that in ten days the number in hospital in Scotland has doubled, pets hope the deaths stay right down where they are now and we can then see that a combination of treatments and possible virus weakening is working in our favour at last.

Fingers crossed time, if deaths continue to stay low we can start to see a way out of this.

Not so long ago you weren't allowed to suggest that we had to wait a period of time to see how the hospital, ICU and deaths figures would appear once the virus incidence was rising.   Suggesting that deaths do not correlate with infections in real time was deemed to be doom / scaremongering,  blah blah.    There was and still is the matter of the age profile of current,  recent,  and future infections and how that will manifest itself in the figures.   More cause for accusation of doom mongering.   Denying stuff needs to be instantaneous.   Waiting to find out stuff is the enemy of denial.

If hospitalisations have doubled since 10 days ago then that's unfortunate.   To get a better sense of how that compares to the situation back in the initial wave,  we would need to track how increasing infections have gone over the previous 3 or 4 weeks.    It could be that the rate of hospitalisation is similar,  greater or less than a corresponding point in the first wave.    

Any suggestions regarding the comparative virulence of the virus can only be theorised for now.   That's probably not going to be known until we see the spread of outcomes during and after this wave.    

Edited by Victorian

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's a silly way of counting IMO. 

17,759 new tests that produced results but 3770 of those were new people?

Are all the positive results coming from those new people?

300 positive results might have came from people who had tested negative in the past

Today, 3,770 new people were tested, which is a decrease from yesterdays figure of 6,221. From those 3,770, 9.1% were positive.

So yeah all the new reported positive tests are from newly tested people. Guessing there's other many other positives from the other 14k tests or whatever as loads of currently infected people will be being tested. 

2 hours ago, kila said:

Lots of people can’t handle the truth, because they’re scared of what might happen outside of their blissfully ignorant bubble of denial...i could fire the same message back at you.

Just about everything i have posted on this thread has came from goverment websites around the world which are in contradiction to there actions. Yet you still have people doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to fit there own narrative.

If anyone thinks life is going to return to 'normal' and the goverments are going to give back the libertys they are taking away, there more deluded than any so called conspiracy theorist.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely; and if you surrender your personal responsibility to a government which promises to take care of you, they will only take care of themselves.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Edited by heartstastic

23 minutes ago, LMc said:

It's not a false positive. 

As he quite rightly states, the test tests for viral RNA and will tell you if you have the virus. Just because you maybe had it last week or two months ago if it's still there, it's still a positive test.

He then makes an incredible leap that the majority of people getting pillar 2 tests are not symptomatic. How can he know that? From that, he then makes it out that because the majority of people are asymptomatic, they will in fact not be infectious, which would make their test a 'false positive' which is another major leap. 

The point he is making is something that certainly needs to be investigated more but his science is a bit off. 

https://twitter.com/MackayIM/status/1304191129869455360?s=19

No the test will tell you if you have any of the family of coronaviruses in your body....dead or active. There is no test specifically for Covid 19.

8 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Lots of people can’t handle the truth, because they’re scared of what might happen outside of their blissfully ignorant bubble of denial...i could fire the same message back at you.

Just about everything i have posted on this thread has came from goverment websites around the world which are in contradiction to there actions. Yet you still have people doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to fit there own narrative.

If anyone thinks life is going to return to 'normal' and the goverments are going to give back the libertys they are taking away, there more deluded than any so called conspiracy theorist.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely; and if you surrender your personal responsibility to a government which promises to take care of you, they will only take care of themselves.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

What liberties have we lost that we're never getting back? 

Dennis Reynolds
13 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

No the test will tell you if you have any of the family of coronaviruses in your body....dead or active. There is no test specifically for Covid 19.

That's just completely untrue.

12 minutes ago, LMc said:

Go and get the evidence for the pcr test that tests specfically for Covid 19. Even better go and get the evidence that shows that any scientific goverment body has identified, isolated and performed Koch's Postulates to show that there is a cause-and-effect relationship between a virus and a clinical disease.

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=7105

Riddley Walker
55 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

The article you posted a few days ago said we're heading towards a one world currency, new world order one world communist government within months.

Willing to bet 100 quid (donation to Big Hearts) that this doesn't happen? I'll give you a year.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

The article you posted a few days ago said we're heading towards a one world currency, new world order one world communist government within months.

:rofl:

We’re doomed.

Riddley Walker
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

We’re doomed.

To think that the world could suddenly be ruled by one government and have one currency shows such a lack of knowledge on how the world actually works it's frightening. Will be interested to see whether he/she is willing to back it up.

43 minutes ago, LMc said:

It is completely true. Covid 19 has not yet officially been isolated so there is no way to test for just Covid 19.

Just now, Riddley Walker said:

Willing to bet 100 quid (donation to Big Hearts) that this doesn't happen? I'll give you a year.

I never said months i said 'it will become apparent to all that this plan is rolling out in the months and years ahead , , it already is'. It's due to be completed by the end of the decade, but will be rolled out gradually over that period.

How about we say in a years time that the current restrictions we are under will not be lifted...i'll take your bet on they terms.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

To think that the world could suddenly be ruled by one government and have one currency shows such a lack of knowledge on how the world actually works it's frightening. Will be interested to see whether he/she is willing to back it up.

This.

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, heartstastic said:

I never said months i said 'it will become apparent to all that this plan is rolling out in the months and years ahead , , it already is'. It's due to be completed by the end of the decade, but will be rolled out gradually over that period.

How about we say in a years time that the current restrictions we are under will not be lifted...i'll take your bet on they terms.

How could you possibly know when it is to be completed? You know this is exactly the same argument that's been predicted for decades by fringe cults, and it's always proven to be wrong. They just find something new to attach the theory too, and coronavirus is the current one. Convenient that the end goal is a decade away, by which time you can completely change the goalposts. The lack of logic shown here is actually terrifying man. Any idea how central banks actually work? And no, they're not all owned by the Rothschilds. If you could please share the evidence that shows the first bit in bold is true, I'm sure the board would appreciate the heads up before our money gets changed into the new NWO currency. But I'm sure you'll just tell me to do my own research, the usual response.

As to your revised bet, that's completely altered it. Restrictions could still be in place for a multitude of reasons in a year and won't necessarily mean we're about to be overrun by some super-secret global organisation. Since you say "it will be apparent to all that this plan is rolling out in the months and years ahead', a better bet would be to say that 100 quid on there being any evidence at all by October 2021 that we're heading towards a one-world currency. You in?

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

It is completely true. Covid 19 has not yet officially been isolated so there is no way to test for just Covid 19.

The PCR tests for currant cases of Covid-19 are very specific for material that is only expressed for the covid-19 virus.

Having a cold or Flu won't change that. The test doesn't pick up the four human coronaviruses that cause the common cold.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic