Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 hours ago, Robbofan99 said:

I know disgraceful comments 

No, just arseholes who spread it. A wee fortnight in the hoose.  But if push came to shove all traitors getting fecked with suped up covid 19. Tempting! Pity the uncaring SNP are in government otherwise the Tories would let it rip. 

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So in the last couple of pages we've had someone wanting the virus to mutate to kill off some students so that 'they get a wee fright' and an agenda-pushing comment on the death of a 6 year old. Good stuff kickback. 

15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

So in the last couple of pages we've had someone wanting the virus to mutate to kill off some students so that 'they get a wee fright' and an agenda-pushing comment on the death of a 6 year old. Good stuff kickback. 

Kill, no, that's your words. A wee enlightenment of what they're doing. Just like all the pricks in London. 

But don't let me stop you and others twisting. It bothers me not! 

20 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nothing about posters wanting JiH to get it, no. Were you one of these posters? 

At no point have I wished it on anyone, except maybe Bolsonaro, so no I don't think I was. 

Plus I don't think bot accounts can catch it so it's moot. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Plus I don't think bot accounts can catch it so it's moot. 

JiH is a one-trick pony but he's an amusing enough WUM. I'm sure he doesn't mind getting a bit of stick back.

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

From the start of the pandemic until 2nd Sept:

Under 60 with no pre-existing conditions 305 deaths in a popn of 56 Million -

I wonder what they class as a medical condition, for example if someone is young but at the same time they are a fat mess and treat their body like trash.  Is obesity classed as a ‘medical condition’? 

Or would they fall under the category of someone ‘fit and healthy with no existing conditions’ 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No, just arseholes who spread it. A wee fortnight in the hoose.  But if push came to shove all traitors getting fecked with suped up covid 19. Tempting! Pity the uncaring SNP are in government otherwise the Tories would let it rip. 

Traitors? 

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

I'm not so sure, I share some of the concerns the Doc posted about his mental health the other day, I think ignoring him is the safe option for everyone. Anyway the virus is the least of his worries if he's still going about pissing on strangers

😯 WTF?!! 

On 25/09/2020 at 21:44, Robbofan99 said:

Point being people getting on with their lives without the fear factor curtailing them 

Bollocks Sweden did not have a lockdown but they do have rules. The key to this method was that the majority of the people are educated individuals who decided to follow the rules. 

We have too many Traceys and Tams who need a bevy, want to have parties and F everyone. 

See the difference! 

Swedish folk decided themselves to social distance. Too many Covidiots here! 

Edited by spirt of 98

Oh forgot to add in the but I need a holiday types. These folk sicken me! It’s all about them! 

Edited by spirt of 98

PS I don’t have any underlying health conditions or have any vulnerable people close to me. 

I am just a socially responsible adult who can see that my holidays, pub visits or other risky activities can be put on hold for a wee while to benefit the wider society.

basically I am not a selfish can’t! 

11 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Bollocks Sweden did not have a lockdown but they do have rules. The key to this method was that the majority of the people are educated individuals who decided to follow the rules. 

We have too many Traceys and Tams who need a bevy, want to have parties and F everyone. 

See the difference! 

Maybe treat the people like adults and they will respond accordingly. 

Treat us like a nanny state with threats and child like slogans and people will rightly not stand for it.

NHS Borders has been completly overwhelmed for the take-up of the Flu Vaccination this year, and is struggiling to deal with the demand.

Basically the health board started sending out letters last week to all the over 65's urging them to get a flu jab and of the new procedures which would have to take place this year and to call a number to make an appointment.  What they didn't expect was that thousands of folks would pretty much all be calling straight away upon receipt of their letters and many have been trying for days to get through.   I know a few folks who are struggiling to get an appointment.

https://www.itv.com/news/border/2020-09-26/nhs-borders-has-said-it-underestimated-demand-for-flu-vaccination-programme-after-thousands-of-calls-and-emails

I also heard that Boots in Galashiels had ran out of flu vaccinations the other day and were waiting on more supplies to come in, It has to be a good sign that there seems to be a lot of interest & take-up of the flu vaccine this year, certainly here in the Borders at any rate.

As for myself, I got a phone call from my GP surgery inviting me down to the surgery this Tuesday to get my flu jab, which I am doing.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Oh forgot to add in the but I need a holiday types. These folk sicken me! It’s all about them! 

Fair comment.

13 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

PS I don’t have any underlying health conditions or have any vulnerable people close to me. 

I am just a socially responsible adult who can see that my holidays, pub visits or other risky activities can be put on hold for a wee while to benefit the wider society.

Very noble of you...How long are you prepared to put your life on hold for a virus that is the 12th most likely cause of death with an average age of death of 85 while ignoring the fact that there is more people dying because of lockdown measures than it saves?

CavySlaveJambo
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

People had the chance for that to be an option and screwed it up.    That is why lockdown had to happen as people acted and still act like entitled individuals.  And “me, me, me”  rather than we are all in this together. 

Interestingly we are doing the exact same things as happened with Spanish Flu.  It is a proven public health strategy for novel viruses. 

3 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

See the difference! 

You're absolutely correct to point towards that.    The sociological / behavioural sciences / cultural custom & practise tendancies factor can and probably does cause a profound difference to outcomes from rules and measures.    Don't expect any deniers to recognise such a thing though.    The narrative is always to compare what sometimes cannot be compared in order to prematurely prove some bogus notion for today's hit of instant gratification.    

What appears to bear fruit in some far flung land or near neighbour may be counter productive in some other setting.    The way individual people react to things and the particular culture of that society will play a large part in it.

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Very noble of you...How long are you prepared to put your life on hold for a virus that is the 12th most likely cause of death with an average age of death of 85 while ignoring the fact that there is more people dying because of lockdown measures than it saves?

You don't half post some actual tripe on here. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

NHS Borders has been completly overwhelmed for the take-up of the Flu Vaccination this year, and is struggiling to deal with the demand.

Basically the health board started sending out letters last week to all the over 65's urging them to get a flu jab and of the new procedures which would have to take place this year and to call a number to make an appointment.  What they didn't expect was that thousands of folks would pretty much all be calling straight away upon receipt of their letters and many have been trying for days to get through.   I know a few folks who are struggiling to get an appointment.

https://www.itv.com/news/border/2020-09-26/nhs-borders-has-said-it-underestimated-demand-for-flu-vaccination-programme-after-thousands-of-calls-and-emails

I also heard that Boots in Galashiels had ran out of flu vaccinations the other day and were waiting on more supplies to come in, It has to be a good sign that there seems to be a lot of interest & take-up of the flu vaccine this year, certainly here in the Borders at any rate.

As for myself, I got a phone call from my GP surgery inviting me down to the surgery this Tuesday to get my flu jab, which I am doing.

The drive in at Edinburgh Park was apparently grid locked yesterday.

Some people waiting 2 hours.

5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Treat us like a nanny state with threats and child like slogans and people will rightly not stand for it.

Well I guess it comes down to your own interpretation, because I've never felt like being treated like a child, nor have I felt I was under 'house arrest' or 'locked up' during the lock-down, others may have felt that way, but I didn't.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well I guess it comes down to your own interpretation, because I've never felt like being treated like a child, nor have I felt I was under 'house arrest' or 'locked up' during the lock-down, others may have felt that way, but I didn't.

This.

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's seems to be those who are prone to throwing overly-dramatic strops, like children having a trantrum, who are the ones who keep moaning about being not being treated like adults. Strange that.

Edited by Ray Gin

I've long thought the impact of the mitigation restrictions would cause more damage than the disease itself, including causing more deaths; I'm now certain of it after this week.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The drive in at Edinburgh Park was apparently grid locked yesterday.

Some people waiting 2 hours.

That has to be a good sign, let's hope it's repeated nationwide.

manaliveits105
12 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-vitamin-d-reduces-infection-and-impact-of-covid-19-studies-find-12081132

In patients older than 40, those who had sufficient levels of vitamin D were more than 51% less likely to die than patients who were deficient.

According to Dr Michael Holick, who recently published another study finding that sufficient vitamin D can reduce the risk of catching the coronavirus by 54%, the vitamin can also help against other viruses affecting the upper respiratory tract.

Does vitamin D not come from sunlight ? - so everybody in Spain and italy will be safe then !

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He's trying to project his own insecurities and lack of intestinal fortitude upon everyone else.    

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That has to be a good sign, let's hope it's repeated nationwide.

I agree to a point.

Whether people are adhering to their allocated time can cause problems.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I agree to a point.

Whether people are adhering to their allocated time can cause problems.

What I was meaning was the take-up, that it's busy due to increased take-up.

As for time slots, we all know there will be chancers trying to get in.

12 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Typically bending the real facts to suit your agenda. I think that wave one in UK was just a starter. This current wave will prove to be the main event if we don’t continue to follow rules and suppress the virus. 

However I am aware we need an end game. It’s too early to give up. Let try and get through this wave and give the scientist time to come up with a vaccine, the government to come up with efficient track and trace and possible mass testing. 

I can give a bit more to the cause. My Grandparents gave a lot more to defeat the Germans. We have Internet, TV plenty scran and limited access to almost every sector of entertainment.  Hardly a massive sacrifice! 

some folk are just not happy unless they are rebelling against something! 

if you canny avoid being in a group of 6 or less from two household and canny social distance may be you will go the route of the Neanderthal who was also too stupid to survive. 

Out with the missus for a long walk yesterday and stopped in at a well known Edinburgh boozer for some light refreshments, took our details and we got a table for two. There were groups of guys at tables certainly not from the same households mostly my age early sixties and one guy who looked around 80. The boozer was certainly not enforcing the rule of two households i recognised an old school chum at one of the tables of six and another Jambo from the Ardmillan at a table with five different geezers. People obviously just getting pissed off with current measures. I'll probably get a hard time for staying and should have left but the banter was good and we were always one metre away form other drinkers. First time that i can say that it felt like normal rightly or wrongly.

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Very good post, and spot on

11 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Typically bending the real facts to suit your agenda. I think that wave one in UK was just a starter. This current wave will prove to be the main event if we don’t continue to follow rules and suppress the virus. 

However I am aware we need an end game. It’s too early to give up. Let try and get through this wave and give the scientist time to come up with a vaccine, the government to come up with efficient track and trace and possible mass testing. 

I can give a bit more to the cause. My Grandparents gave a lot more to defeat the Germans. We have Internet, TV plenty scran and limited access to almost every sector of entertainment.  Hardly a massive sacrifice! 

if you canny avoid being in a group of 6 or less from two household and canny social distance may be you will go the route of the Neanderthal who was also too stupid to survive. 

Very good post.    I agree that there's a chance that this 'wave' could or could have become just as critical as the initial one,  or perhaps a bit different in nature but still fairly bad.    You're right to point out that suppression has to be a means to an end and is no use if there is no end strategy.    It looks to me like this latest tranche of suppression is the means to a desired end.    That vaccines will become available,  further therapeutics become available,  testing becomes better than a bad joke,  that current strategies are refined and adjusted on the basis of evidence.    If the desired set of circumstances are not achieved then it will be that governments will need to strategise a way forward that may not include some of the best advances,  like vaccines.

It's a holding pattern of suppression which,  one way or another,  will not exist in 12 months time.   

Edited by Victorian

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

What I was meaning was the take-up, that it's busy due to increased take-up.

As for time slots, we all know there will be chancers trying to get in.

👍

13 hours ago, tcjambo said:

From the start of the pandemic until 2nd Sept:

Under 60 with no pre-existing conditions 305 deaths in a popn of 56 Million -

Good to see someone is posting the actual reality of what’s going on as opposed to the government led fear-mongering campaign. Also great to see Dr Mike Yeadon’s article being quoted elsewhere. Not exactly one of the tin-foil hat brigade being the CSO of Pfizer for 15 years and co-founder of a pharmaceutical company is he. His studies show that with the ramping out of Pillar 2 testing, false positives are actually about 85-94% of all positive results. 

23 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Out with the missus for a long walk yesterday and stopped in at a well known Edinburgh boozer for some light refreshments, took our details and we got a table for two. There were groups of guys at tables certainly not from the same households mostly my age early sixties and one guy who looked around 80. The boozer was certainly not enforcing the rule of two households i recognised an old school chum at one of the tables of six and another Jambo from the Ardmillan at a table with five different geezers. People obviously just getting pissed off with current measures. I'll probably get a hard time for staying and should have left but the banter was good and we were always one metre away form other drinkers. First time that i can say that it felt like normal rightly or wrongly.

The problem is they if the pub enforces the two rule household they would be half empty and pubs need all the money they can get 

I’m meeting 3 friends next sat afternoon and this was my worry that they won’t let us in all together so hopefully pubs no being to strict on this stupid two household thing 

Edited by theshed

20 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Twisting what facts? What agenda?

Only agenda is basic freedoms to be restored! I'm sure your grandparents were fighting for freedoms that you are happy to sacrifice. 

As usual with the SNP cult you resort to abuse rather than debate the points. 

Stupid is thinking you can suppress a virus. Stupid is thinking putting students under house arrest is acceptable. Stupid is making the same mistakes over and over again and expecting a different outcome. 

No idea who the "neanderthal" you refer to is but why is he/she not allowed to voice an opinion? Is that the sort of society you want? 

54 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

People had the chance for that to be an option and screwed it up.    That is why lockdown had to happen as people acted and still act like entitled individuals.  And “me, me, me”  rather than we are all in this together. 

Interestingly we are doing the exact same things as happened with Spanish Flu.  It is a proven public health strategy for novel viruses. 

Has the world and medicine not moved on somewhat in the last 100 years?! 

Yup blame the people not the government and there never ending u turns. Never question their motives...they are just looking out for us! 

11 minutes ago, theshed said:

The problem is they if the pub enforces the two rule household they would be half empty and pubs need all the money they can get 

I’m meeting 3 friends next sat afternoon and this was my worry that they won’t let us in all together so hopefully pubs no being to strict on this stupid two household thing 

They won’t ask you’ll be fine. 👍

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Twisting what facts? What agenda?

Only agenda is basic freedoms to be restored! I'm sure your grandparents were fighting for freedoms that you are happy to sacrifice. 

As usual with the SNP cult you resort to abuse rather than debate the points. 

Stupid is thinking you can suppress a virus. Stupid is thinking putting students under house arrest is acceptable. Stupid is making the same mistakes over and over again and expecting a different outcome. 

No idea who the "neanderthal" you refer to is but why is he/she not allowed to voice an opinion? Is that the sort of society you want? 

Your agenda is to attack the government and undermine the effort to protect our people. Basic freedoms have to be a qualified right. If your basic freedoms are infringing on others right to life a balance needs to be struck between these two competing rights. 

What part of your basic freedoms are you missing out on?

The students were warned during freshers week not to break the 6/2 rule and not to attend parties did they listen NO. Do I feel sorry for them now. Yes a little bit as what should be a great experience for them has been spoiled by COVID. Have they made their own choices yes. Is the government right to quarantine them to protect the wider community yes. If there was an outbreak in a block of flats they would do the same. If the outbreak was in a village they’d do the same so why not students?

What people need to realise is that if we continue to flout the rules and the virus get totally out of control the government have reserved the right to enforce a full lockdown. Boris mentioned they Army, which I fully believe may assist with a full lockdown if required. To avoid this the collective UK governments have asked us to follow a few easy to follow rules to prevent this full lockdown. It’s a pity that folk like you would rather ignore this and chance a full lockdown. Which will devastate the country. 

It hey it’s all about your freedoms! 

39 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

You might have internet, TV, plenty scran and limited access to almost every sector of entertainment during this. 

Very, very shortly, whole swathes of the country won't as their job goes down the swanny. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Kill, no, that's your words. A wee enlightenment of what they're doing. Just like all the pricks in London. 

But don't let me stop you and others twisting. It bothers me not! 

All these Scottish and Northern pricks in London. Couldn't get near the pubs because hoards of Kettle Boilers, Soap Dodgers, English Soap Dodgers, Geordies, Dirty old towners and carrot crunchers. All of them having a row at the door because they didn't want to put a mask on. There was a smattering of protect the monument types and those who believe the Royal Family are lizards but very few Londoners. 

This beautiful, multi cultural city came through the worst of the virus in spite of the racist and xenophobic abuse from the Prancing Prince Charlies and the begging brigade. Wankers, the ****ing lot of them.

59 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Boo f@@@@@ hoo for u , bully for u . People wanted a holiday due to all the stresses of the last 6 months and you chastise them ? 

4 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Boo f@@@@@ hoo for u , bully for u . People wanted a holiday due to all the stresses of the last 6 months and you chastise them ? 

Hahaha no going to waste my time on you! 

9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

All these Scottish and Northern pricks in London. Couldn't get near the pubs because hoards of Kettle Boilers, Soap Dodgers, English Soap Dodgers, Geordies, Dirty old towners and carrot crunchers. All of them having a row at the door because they didn't want to put a mask on. There was a smattering of protect the monument types and those who believe the Royal Family are lizards but very few Londoners. 

This beautiful, multi cultural city came through the worst of the virus in spite of the racist and xenophobic abuse from the Prancing Prince Charlies and the begging brigade. Wankers, the ****ing lot of them.

:vrface: 

50 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Bit out of touch to be honest. More people every day can't make ends meet and you sound like you're mugging them off.

5 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Hahaha no going to waste my time on you! 

You have zero understanding or empathy of individual experiences of lockdown and the effects on them , or fail to mention the long term effects of it . Advocating the use of the military on the streets says everything about you . Perhaps you should move to China or North Korea , may suit your warped ideology living there . They’ll wrap you up in cotton wool but be careful if you breach their rules , you’ll be brown bread in a minute . 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:vrface: 

Try using words, you may be able to make yourself understood. You'll still melt but at least I'll get a laugh.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic