Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

From what I can see, there is a legal obligation for a hospitality venue in England and Wales to take your details and to provide a QR code to use with the app. If the customer uses the app to scan the code, then the venue does not need to take their details. If the customer doesn't, then the venue needs to take their details.

No talk of "not being able to get into a venue without an app".

Here you go: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/maintaining-records-of-staff-customers-and-visitors-to-support-nhs-test-and-trace

Edited by redjambo

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William H. Bonney
18 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

So folk who do not have a smart phone are alienated from whatever place they are trying to enter?  I would have thought the Equal Rights Commission would have a thing to say about that.  What types of places are you talking about out of interest?  Iceland?   Farm Foods?  Lidls?  😃😃😃

Brothels 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

From what I can see, there is a legal obligation for a hospitality venue in England and Wales to take your details and to provide a QR code to use with the app. If the customer uses the app to scan the code, then the venue does not need to take their details. If the customer doesn't, then the venue needs to take their details.

No talk of "not being able to get into a venue without an app".

So far at least that is correct. But I have been to.a couple of places which simply refuse to take your details rather than scan a QR code (however you do that!). I suppose it is easier for them.but I would have thought preserving the business and their jobs would outweigh that inconvenience.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

So folk who do not have a smart phone are alienated from whatever place they are trying to enter?  I would have thought the Equal Rights Commission would have a thing to say about that.  What types of places are you talking about out of interest?  Iceland?   Farm Foods?  Lidls?  😃😃😃

Bourne leisure who own Haven holiday parks. It's their policy for everyone to have the app before entering their venues.

No app, no entry.

I don't know how lawful it is, but it's their parks and they make the rules

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I have downloaded the App. I am not much into Apps but have downloaded a few and easily accessed them. I am really struggling to access this one.

I would have expected to be easily accessible by even the technology challenged.

It is. 

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

No.

I am still struggling to see how saying athletes put a lot of stress on their hearts is not saying that they are "more at risk" ... of something or other. Otherwise I don't understand the point of saying it particularly in the context of this thread. 

Isn't it as simple as someone who wants to have a career in professional sport really doesn't want to catch it, because even if you are super fit you have a 1 in 5 chance of it damaging your heart?

And as an edit, from a Hearts perspective it's an effing disgrace we will be playing regularly against teams not taking the same level of precautions as we are.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Go on the students!

The devil in me wouldn't be to bothered if covid mutated and gave these feckers a wee fright. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The devil in me wouldn't be to bothered if covid mutated and gave these feckers a wee fright. 

Hoping for a more deadly virus to own the students. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Fair enough. Wouldn't wish harm on anyone, to be honest, Covid-related or not. Except Scott Brown. I hope his big stupid guppy head falls off.

:thumb:

Nucky Thompson

Just spoke to a mate who said that he's off to the shops to stock up on bog roll and pasta before those stupid panic buyers strip the shelves.

You couldn't make it up :rofl:

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Isn't it as simple as someone who wants to have a career in professional sport really doesn't want to catch it, because even if you are super fit you have a 1 in 5 chance of it damaging your heart?

And as an edit, from a Hearts perspective it's an effing disgrace we will be playing regularly against teams not taking the same level of precautions as we are.

But if you don't have a career in professional sport the risk is no different.(If i understand Ray Gin right)  And of course you have nothing remotely like a one in five chance of damaging your heart in any case.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It is. 

Well so far it has baffled me. I would have expected it to be as easy as signing up to JKB and posting, .With which I have never had any difficulty!

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Private Lapdancing Club?

Public Limited Company😃

Your acronym better though😃

Edited by joondalupjambo

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It is. 

Well good for you. 

Why do I need a Google Play account or a Microsoft account or some other account to down load it and then access it? Why having successfully gone through the hoops and told I have successfully downloaded it doesn't it just pop up on my list of Apps? To be accessed by a simple click?

Edited by Francis Albert

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Well good for you. 

Why do I need a Google Play account or a Microsoft or some other account to down load it and then access it? Why having successfully downloaded it doesn't it just pop up on my list of Apps?

It is fairly simple FA. If you downloaded it, it should come up as an icon on your phones home page

Francis Albert
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

It is fairly simple FA. If you downloaded it, it should come up as an icon on your phones home page

It doesn't. The few other Apps I have downloaded do.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Well good for you. 

Why do I need a Google Play account or a Microsoft account or some other account to down load it and then access it? Why having successfully gone through the hoops and told I have successfully downloaded it doesn't it just pop up on my list of Apps? To be accessed by a simple click?

You need a Google play or apple or Microsoft account to download any app to any smart phone. 

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But if you don't have a career in professional sport the risk is no different.(If i understand Ray Gin right)  And of course you have nothing remotely like a one in five chance of damaging your heart in any case.

A professor from Dundee University was on R. Scotland around 2-3rds of way through lockdown and their studies indicated that around 40% of recovered positive Covid cases with mild symptoms were returning to doctors and were having breathing issues. 

I can't remember the percentage, but many had signs of permanent lung damage.  But these guys were looking at specifically respiratory issues.

This Ohio University study looks at heart trouble amongst a very decent level of athlete who test positive.

Not comparing apple with apples of course, but what appears key irrespective of your health is that you don't just flippantly want to catch it.

And an elite athlete doesn't really want it either because it is a respiratory illness that it now looks like it may impact your heart too.

Edited by DETTY29

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

You need a Google play or apple or Microsoft account to download any app to any smart phone. 

I am sure I didn't use to. But at any rate it is a bit of a hurdle for the technologically challenged. Even if they actually have a smart phone which millions don't

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Did you use a rotary dial to install them in the past?

A rotary dial? You mean an old land line  phone not connected to the internet. I don't believe I did.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Modern tech is difficult when all you've got to use is your forehead.

Or decide beforehand whether you want it to work or not...

;)

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

A professor from Dundee University was on R. Scotland around 2-3rds of way through lockdown and their studies indicated that around 40% of recovered positive Covid cases with mild symptoms were returning to fictirs and were having breathing issues. 

I can't remember the percentage, but many had signs of permanent lung damage.  But these guys were looking at specifically respiratory issues.

This Ohio University study looks at heart trouble amongst a very decent level of athlete who test positive.

Not comparing apples with apples and apples of course, but what appears key irrespective of your health is that you don't just flippantly want to catch it.

And an elite athlete doesn't really want it either because it is a respiratory illness that it now looks like it may impact your heart too.

Does anyone really want it?

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Just spoke to a mate who said that he's off to the shops to stock up on bog roll and pasta before those stupid panic buyers strip the shelves.

You couldn't make it up :rofl:

:biggrin2:

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Or decide beforehand whether you want it to work or not...

;)

Yep. I wasted an hour of my life just so I could come on here and say I failed

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

A professor from Dundee University was on R. Scotland around 2-3rds of way through lockdown and their studies indicated that around 40% of recovered positive Covid cases with mild symptoms were returning to doctors and were having breathing issues. 

Not comparing apple with apples of course, but what appears key irrespective of your health is that you don't just flippantly want to catch it.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.The first statement is anecdotal and needs to be contexualised against  people with all  respiritory infections in the recovery phase like inflenza.

Four of the athletes -- about 15% -- had signs of inflammation to the heart muscle. However, experts caution these results don't necessarily mean athletes who have recovered from COVID-19 are in grave danger.

The precautionary 3 month lay off seems sensible. There is a danger of attempting to use this as evidence of long term damage.

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yep. I wasted an hour of my life just so I could come on here and say I failed

You've wasted a lot more than an hour of your life on here. 

30k odd posts of waste. 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

You've wasted a lot more than an hour of your life on here. 

30k odd posts of waste. 

You are a real charmer.

Captain Canada

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-vitamin-d-reduces-infection-and-impact-of-covid-19-studies-find-12081132

In patients older than 40, those who had sufficient levels of vitamin D were more than 51% less likely to die than patients who were deficient.

According to Dr Michael Holick, who recently published another study finding that sufficient vitamin D can reduce the risk of catching the coronavirus by 54%, the vitamin can also help against other viruses affecting the upper respiratory tract.

Francis Albert

Apparently a 6 year old has died because while at school a tree branch fell on her. 

If covid19 was the culprit all schools would now be closed

Shanks said no
7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

About 170 deaths yesterday in Scotland. None of them from.or with Covid19

Did Nicola offer her sympathy?

Shanks said no
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

So you want the students to experience a near death experience?

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

You are a real charmer.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Apparently a 6 year old has died because while at school a tree branch fell on her. 

If covid19 was the culprit all schools would now be closed

Irony.

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

So you want the students to experience a near death experience?

Your caring Scottish national party. Death to all non believers. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic