Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We'll all be happy if there's no exponential growth.   We'll all be very relieved if the projected 6 months of restrictions isn't necessary.   

The “ 6 months prediction “ was just a ruse to cover their arse in the likelihood things improve. They will gradually lift restrictions and people will be so “ grateful “ for getting their rights back . Headlines in the paper will probably be “ Boris saves Xmas “ with him in a Santa suit looking very festive . 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It's an absolute scandal that they are getting away with this and the MSM are as culpable as the government . 

But they are still managing to fool the majority of the country. 

And a few in this 

17 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

completely mind boggling approach from Whitty and Vallance. It begs the question, if the “science” is so clear and justifies their conclusions then surely they could have presented said data rather than essentially an explanation of what exponential growth is. The 50,000 cases/200 deaths was immediately jumped on by most media outlets and was not based on any scientific method or data. Just a completely ridiculous approach from them. 

Whitty and Vallance are compromised as ****. Whitty not least from the $38 Million research grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Vallance with his £600K shareholding in GSK. 

10 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I completely agree. I’m glad to see the “science” being put forward by Hancock and his cronies getting increasingly questioned but the MSM is still fawning over them and toeing the line. I saw yesterday that Andrew Neill is to leave the BBC. I’ve not always been his greatest fan but if he had interviewed Bill Gates in April instead of the nauseating Charlie Steyt, he would definitely have pulled Gates up when he referred to himself as a “health expert”. Sad when journalists who have a bit of integrity and aren’t afraid to ask the awkward questions are sidelined.

Can't ask too many awkward questions I guess when Gates is throwing money at the BBC.

9 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Surely the measures can’t be reflected in the data due to the delay from incubation period ie these case numbers would have been the same regardless of any external measures?

It's been 2 weeks since the rule of 6.

6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

How many weeks is it now until the deaths start shooting up again? I’ve lost count.

It's always 2 to 3 weeks time....

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

How many weeks is it now until the deaths start shooting up again? I’ve lost count.

Thanks your pick it’s like the lottery , a few on this will

probably be able to hazard a guess though 

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

25 Sept 34

24 Sept 40

23 Sept 37

25 Aug 16

24 Aug 4

23 Aug 6

Looks like they've gone up to me.

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

25 Sept 34

24 Sept 40

23 Sept 37

25 Aug 16

24 Aug 4

23 Aug 6

Looks like they've gone up to me.

No he said “ shooting “ up ! It hasn’t 

Edited by Robbofan99

See what I mean?

This argument can't be proved until a future point in time.    Deniers can't help themselves though.   Their agenda of denial always has to be validated instantaneously.    Premature gratification.    

Adam_the_legend
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not if you're trying to scare/nudge people into behaving in hitherto unheard of ways and/or cliping on their neighbours, it's not. Nor if you are one of a number of governments hell-bent on ensuring you are remembered for doing your best to 'tackle' a pandemic that was over months ago.

Yeh but as the poster I quoted said, it opened the door for awkward questions. Just don’t see the strategy behind that decision. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, LMc said:

It's not a false positive. 

As he quite rightly states, the test tests for viral RNA and will tell you if you have the virus. Just because you maybe had it last week or two months ago if it's still there, it's still a positive test.

He then makes an incredible leap that the majority of people getting pillar 2 tests are not symptomatic. How can he know that? From that, he then makes it out that because the majority of people are asymptomatic, they will in fact not be infectious, which would make their test a 'false positive' which is another major leap. 

The point he is making is something that certainly needs to be investigated more but his science is a bit off. 

https://twitter.com/MackayIM/status/1304191129869455360?s=19

i don’t think he’s talking about symptoms and science specific to the virus - he is talking about statistics

what he describes could easily be applied to a scenario where you cooked 10 million sausage rolls and wanted to extract a certain statistic but also wanted to know how reliable/believable that statistic was

or something about 10 million termites

or something about turtle eggs

lots of non-covid related things

the term false positive could easily be replaced by erroneous data and the conclusion the same

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Just now, Robbofan99 said:

U mean cases ? Not deaths 

No I mean deaths. Tally up the deaths from the last few days compared to the same dates a month ago. 327% increase.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

See what I mean?

This argument can't be proved until a future point in time.    Deniers can't help themselves though.   Their agenda of denial always has to be validated instantaneously.    Premature gratification.    

similar instant gratification evident as you describe it all over the place

you recently drew a conclusion from a statistic some might say instantly and graygo put up a perfectly reasonable alternative conclusion there are of course more alternatives - like most things further time and investigation is required (like you are pointing out to others) - there didn’t appear to be any caveats in your conclusion though - not even the one graygo raised - seemed quite absolute

:)

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

similar instant gratification evident as you describe it all over the place

you recently drew a conclusion from a statistic some might say instantly and graygo put up a perfectly reasonable alternative conclusion there are of course more alternatives - like most things further time and investigation is required (like you are pointing out to others) - there didn’t appear to be any caveats in your conclusion though - not even the one graygo raised - seemed quite absolute

:)

Absolutely not.   The only sensible approach is to keep an open mind about pretty much every element of this.   

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

327% increase.

not disputing the numbers or saying whether anything’s good or bad but it’s really well known in maths that using percentages with small numbers of data items is very very unreliable - maybe factually correct but not an indicator which should be given any credence (not to say the trend from this won’t actually happen - we don’t  know and that percentage wouldn’t be deemed worthy of saying we did with any degree of confidence)

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Absolutely not.   The only sensible approach is to keep an open mind about pretty much every element of this.   

I agree with that, it would be much better if everybody put at the end of their posts "of course I could be wrong"

Of course I could be wrong. 😁

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

agreed - maybe not the lizards taking over the world - but can’t totally rule anything out (or in)

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I agree with that, it would be much better if everybody put at the end of their posts "of course I could be wrong"

yes but probably more so if you’re calling others out for being instant and absolute

of course I could be wrong  :)

20 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

I can see why some on here would like stronger measures to be enacted on these conspiracy theorists...danger to society so they are.

Proper nut jobs that lot. I'm sure they deserved to be baton charged by the Met.....

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Some lack the humility to do that 😱

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

That’s Cardiff lockdown you now need a reasonable excuse to enter or leave Cardiff. 

People this and worse are in the post if you canny behave. I am sick of all the bull excuses this shit is getting worse and will get a hell of a lot worse if you don’t behave. 

Just think how shite it’ll be when we are in full lockdown every time you think about doing something COVID  stupid / COVID risky. 

I have never known a reasonable excuse for entering Cardiff TBH.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Proper nut jobs that lot. I'm sure they deserved to be baton charged by the Met.....

There is plenty footage of that doing the rounds as well...including a 60 year old woman getting belted of riot police.

5 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

There is plenty footage of that doing the rounds as well...including a 60 year old woman getting belted of riot police.

Yeah I saw that. Real nasty stuff. You'd have to be a special type of nasty to punch an old woman.

Different tactics curiously from the last protests in London from the Met when they ran away or took a knee.

3 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

To think that the world could suddenly be ruled by one government and have one currency shows such a lack of knowledge on how the world actually works it's frightening. Will be interested to see whether he/she is willing to back it up.

You can download the lockstep document underneath the video description.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/lc1io3yVqHvD/

Captain Sausage

So...the source isn’t great (daily mail - couldn’t find their source) but here’s a chart showing the deaths by age breakdown. 

I checked the 2018 age breakdown of the UK and 0-39 accounts for 49.6% of the population. 

So, 0.6% of the deaths come from 49.6% of the population. Crazy that we’re all being treated the same. 

E334226A-8E09-400E-BC7D-860882762875.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yeah I saw that. Real nasty stuff. You'd have to be a special type of nasty to punch an old woman.

Different tactics curiously from the last protests in London from the Met when they ran away or took a knee.

Yup they let BLM protesters run amok and barely lifted a finger.

Seeing as it was billed as a peaceful protest..you have to wonder why the normal bobbys were vastly outnumbered by the riot squad who as demonstrated in countless footage online were spoiling for a fight and the aggressors in 99% of the confrontations.

They even arrested a German doctor that was one of the speakers...his crime?...speaking

Edited by heartstastic

5 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Yup they let BLM protesters run amok and barely lifted a finger.

Seeing as it was billed as a peaceful protest..you have to wonder why the normal bobbys were vastly outnumbered by the riot squad who as demonstrated in countless footage online were spoiling for a fight and the aggressors in 99% of the confrontations.

Yes it was disgusting 

It shows why the death rate is still low compared to back in Spring. It's not because the virus has weakened, it is because over 65s are still, for the most part, not catching it. How long can that continue if the rises amongst other age groups keeps going up?

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It shows why the death rate is still low compared to back in Spring. It's not because the virus has weakened, it is because over 65s are still, for the most part, not catching it. How long can that continue if the rises amongst other age groups keeps going up?

As long as younger people have very low death rates?

Shooter McGavin
17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Younger age groups are rising very sharply,  thankfully as this graph shows, this isn’t causing a spike in the older categories just yet. As you say, the question is how long this can go on for.

F3B76C1A-984A-4F2F-989C-73C322DCC6A3.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How does that stop it spreading to older people exactly? 

The young infected just need to self isolate like they are meant to do after testing positive and then the oldies won't be at any more risk.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

The young infected just need to self isolate like they are meant to do after testing positive and then the oldies won't be at any more risk.

But they can be infectious for a week before showing symptoms and getting tested. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

But they can be infectious for a week before showing symptoms and getting tested. 

in the short to medium term social distancing

even if you have the virus you are unlikely to spread it to your granny if you stay a necessary distance from her and don’t make her a cup of green tea

plenty old folk with very compromised breathing etc and their families who have been employing this strategy for years before covid

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Covid is avoidable. Folks were caught off guard back in March but now everyone knows, sanitise your hands, pop on a mask if you're heading into a pub or supermarket,  just be sensible...and you won't get Covid. A lot of folk will probs have natural immunity so if some younger folk are getting it, well not many have symptoms now anyway,  but eventually it will run out of folk to "infect". 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Covid is avoidable. Folks were caught off guard back in March but now everyone knows, sanitise your hands, pop on a mask if you're heading into a pub or supermarket,  just be sensible...and you won't get Covid. 

Yet thousands are still catching it every day. 

47 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Aye there's a risk that a young person might pass it on to their grandparents in the week between catching the virus and showing symptoms. You would need to be bloody unlucky for those ducks to have lined up though.

Is the solution really to lockdown the young?

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Are they? How many are false positives? How many have symptoms?  How many have not followed basic guidelines?  Have any of our wonderful politicians addressed those questions or are they still salivating over "2nd waves" and "accelerating  paaaandeeemics"? We need a national conversation about this approach.  Thankfully, pubs, cafes and restaurants are still packed so the economy is not suffering too much although this 10pm nonsense is unsustainable.

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The partying youth/student class. No coincidence the college doors are open again.

Son in law told me that there was a story around somebody having been unable to make their appointment at a drive thru being sent a text two days later saying that they had tested negative.

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Fair few nutters in that crowd right enough. When did they get "baton charged by the Met"? I've looked at quite a lot of footage and not seen that. Nine police officers hurt do you think they deserved that?

16 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Fair few nutters in that crowd right enough. When did they get "baton charged by the Met"? I've looked at quite a lot of footage and not seen that. Nine police officers hurt do you think they deserved that?

This 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic