Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Covid parties instead of chicken pox parties to speed up herd immunity. That's the option many will now go for.

It's the only way out I reckon.

What do you think? Party back at yours this weekend?

Americans have already tried that one :vrface:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/13/30-year-old-dies-covid-party-texas

39 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Nicola said she wants us to spread the word and that we must all follow 9329832D-2D62-4EF8-876D-567F7190C100.thumb.jpeg.64b00a201fb24ba6a74c3a18cda50808.jpeg

Umm that's the phase 2 poster, can you post the updated one for the selfish twits please.

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

True.  Even if it is only a 0.05% chance that someone young can get very sick with this IT CAN STILL HAPPEN. 

Exactly 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

A big drop in new UK cases, 4044 today

13 deaths in all UK settings

As Nicola and Greggor said today - Sunday into Monday is normally lower so don’t read too much into it 

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

the difficult that she faces is that her policies could not possibly have been effective so quickly- the incubation period would rule that out- if the cases genuinely have fallen then

1- its got nothing to do with the tightening

2- the reason behind the tightening - the exponential rise in cases that we were facing- has not come to pass.

3- this would make the "modelling" eroneous, and thier actions superfluous and unnecessary, and what we are actually facing being a slow but graded increase in cases that is failing to put any pressure on the NHS, and is not translating to piles of corpses in  the streets, though if the person was big enough I suppose you could have a pile of one corpse.

Exactly 

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Swear we have this discussion every Monday :lol:

400 less than last Monday if it's an indication. Cases were rising all last week up to nearly 7000 for 3 days in a row.

I would have thought that this Monday would have been higher

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Someone a few pages ago suggested that, in the unlikely event that you are neither troll nor bot, you may have some 'issues'. I am now concerned that this genuinely is the case. I'm going to stick you on ignore now, as your posts are clearly not the work of someone who should have access to an internet-enabled device without a high degree of supervision. It's not funny any more.

You could say that for a large number of netizens. I would definitely not say that in JiH's case - his opinions are fine compared to some of the dangerous ones that are out there. He just has a point to make and is insistent on making it. Up to you to ignore him, of course, but I wouldn't cast aspersions like that.

Anyway, if you're putting him on ignore, be aware that you'll miss the daily FACTS post - do let me know if you want me to post it as well so that you can pick it up. ;)

Edited by redjambo

18 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Son in law told me that there was a story around somebody having been unable to make their appointment at a drive thru being sent a text two days later saying that they had tested negative.

Not sure about that. When you go for a test thats when your card is made up with your 3 bar codes attached to identify who needs to be tested. Only once the test is done is the barcode attached to both the patients card and the test tube where the swab has gone, so can't work out how someone has a test result without going through all that 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

As Nicola and Greggor said today - Sunday into Monday is normally lower so don’t read too much into it 

So why has "Nicola" asked officials to look into the reason for the low numbers?

1 minute ago, graygo said:

So why has "Nicola" asked officials to look into the reason for the low numbers?

Weird one. If the numbers are low she shouldn't be asking why ffs :lol: 

It's almost as if she's trying to justify these new measures, surely not...

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Weird one. If the numbers are low she shouldn't be asking why ffs :lol: 

It's almost as if she's trying to justify these new measures, surely not...

"What? They can't be that low, it's not possible. Gregor, Jason, you two better look into this"

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

"What? They can't be that low, it's not possible. Gregor, Jason, you two better look into this"

Aah, Jason Leitch surely he'll have all the figures and facts at the ready.

If the figures are markedly different to a projected expectation then it's not unreasonable to get it checked in case there's some unknown explanation,  etc.   Then celebrate later.   Everybody wants lower than forecast figures,  NS especially.    Some of you characters are desperate people.

Aah, Jason Leitch surely he'll have all the figures and facts at the ready.

Of course he has, just don't expect him to share them.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If the figures are markedly different to a projected expectation then it's not unreasonable to get it checked in case there's some unknown explanation,  etc.   Then celebrate later.   Everybody wants lower than forecast figures,  NS especially.    Some of you characters are desperate people.

Or maybe, just maybe their projected expectations are wrong?

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Jih get yourself along to the concert hall!! Many not wearing masks and not following rules

Bunch of selfish twits 

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Jih get yourself along to the concert hall!! Many not wearing masks and not following rules

That jules account, joined in March 2020.and had never posted a tweet before 

:interehjrling:

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That jules account, joined in March 2020.and had never posted a tweet before 

:interehjrling:

02D00C6F-E1B5-411A-B9C7-E2C9E63142E9.thumb.png.1fcce1c2b9a691cc7eb2d7be20215ac9.png

On first name terms with “Nicola” as well.. no use of the word twit yet though. 

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The scientists checking their shareholdings are desperate to escalate the perceived threat. Pubs are packed in the sense that you often can't book a table. Obviously they are not standing 4 deep at the bar. Those like you who meekly accept "science " ahead of logic and common sense,  would also be out of any national conversation 👍

I would happily accept the common sense from a box of gluesniffing frogs before any of the 'logic' that you've spouted all over this thread. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I would happily accept the common sense from a box of gluesniffing frogs before any of the 'logic' that you've spouted all over this thread. 

:lol:

The 10pm chuck-out will be gone within a fortnight.   Looks like it's causing a few headaches to say the least.    **** knows what they'll do about it though.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Uni students greeting about restrictions. The laziest feckers in the world. :rofl:

Aah yes imagine paying thousands of pounds to live in halls crammed with other folk from sometimes all over the world only to end up blamed for just being young and daft.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Uni students greeting about restrictions. The laziest feckers in the world. :rofl:

Aye, no' like taxi drivers eh ri ?

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I didn't know the French liked the evo stik, I thought wine was more their choice :whistling:

Sad sacks moaning coz they cannae stay out til 11. 😭 🙏 Let us pray for these alkies souls and mental health. There's nae point worrying about their physical health. 

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Aah yes imagine paying thousands of pounds to live in halls crammed with other folk from sometimes all over the world only to end up blamed for just being young and daft.

Young and dumb. Feck knows why they're at uni. Must be work shy. 

Young is no excuse to willfully spread covid. 

7 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Aye, no' like taxi drivers eh ri ?

Who's a taxi driver? I did it for 3 months during lockdown. Those lazy fecks couldn't do my job, putting new roof coverings over open rafters in all weather. Their arse would collapse. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Sad sacks moaning coz they cannae stay out til 11. 😭 🙏 Let us pray for these alkies souls and mental health. There's nae point worrying about their physical health. 

My daughter is a runner, dancer and also hillwalks with me when she can. She's now stuck in her halls of residence flat and can't get out to do the things she loves. Don't judge folk by your own standards rA. She'd like to come home to visit but she'll have to content herself with her view of Glasgow from the window for the time being.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

My daughter is a runner, dancer and also hillwalks with me when she can. She's now stuck in her halls of residence flat and can't get out to do the things she loves. Don't judge folk by your own standards rA. She'd like to come home to visit but she'll have to content herself with her view of Glasgow from the window for the time being.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic