Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why have at go at Westminster?

In both cases criticism should be welcome where deserved surely?

Indeed. Of all the posts criticising government about their handling of care homes the one where he's chosen to pick the poster up about it just happens to be one about the SG. What a coincidence.

I'm an SNP supporter and pro independence but even I find the hyper defensive rebuttals to criticism of the SG nauseating.

Edited by Taffin

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Sorry if already posted.Cummings speech torn to bits

https://www.ft.com/video/e82b5a00-3ad5-4d2c-9703-ff14942aa5b1

That's what I've been posting (a few pages back), according to Cummings at no point were he and his wife ill at the same time and neither were too ill to look after their children.

Only channel 4 and sky appear to have picked up on this. The eyesight thing, I think, is deliberate to divert from this.

Spellczech
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I think we have been lockdown so long because test and trace hasn’t been in place. I can understand the desire to come out of when test and trace is in place to help to control, 

I struggle with understanding why test and trace takes so long to get in place This is something we do already it’s just upscaling.

Very good post and pretty much where I am. 

I also think a lot of people don’t appreciate fully how damaging this lockdown is

Test & Trace is just the next shambles. They could've done it anytime TBH...I am currently compiling a list of people I don't like just in case I get the call! My first name is Dominic Cummings. I'll say I stalked him very closely for 15 mins and it was probably me who he thought was threatening his family and endangering his London home.

Spellczech
24 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I don't think we know comparable figures for Care Homes yet and if it is the case that things are worse in Scotland then deaths elsewhere i.e. in the community will be proportionately higher in England.

I'm not sure how you can substantiate your claim that a high death rate in Care homes is directly attributable to the Scottish government and Scottish Health service decision making. Do these institutions not have some responsibility as to how well they looked after their residents and how well they prepared for this eventuality. They are supposed to be the experts in geriatric care.

No need for an inquiry.

Tax dodging American PEP = Good    Scottish Government/SNP = Bad 

It will be the Scientists, NHS Management and senior doctors on SAGE who will get the blame for the Care Home fiasco. I don't believe Boris or Sturgeon carry any blame for it TBH. Hancock and our Health Secretary, whatever her name is, the one who pats herself on the back for the Sick Kids fiasco, perhaps... It was mainly related to PPE shortages - they COULD not declare that people were to be assumed to be positive because they did not have the PPE to issue to whole hospitals' staff. Consequently when it came to punting all the old people blocking beds out of hospitals they were not even testing them. If they HAD been testing them they would probably not have known anyway, as the tests were and are rubbish and people can often exhibit symptoms and show Covid in chest X-ray but still test negative 3-4 times before they finally test positive. Cap that with fact that early doors they were even showing tests on TV being done incorrectly, where swabs were far too shallow...

Government says Schools to back on Monday, Lancashire Council, who my wife works for, says Schools not to go back as thier 5 teasts haven't been met!!!

TTT&I really needs good compliance.    The Cummings farce has seriously compromised good compliance.    Complying to isolation instructions is probably way more important than the compliance of lockdown rules.    It's different because it requires people to isolate,   with all the consequences that causes,   even if they have no symptoms.     It requires people to believe they might be infected.    It requires people to bear the inconvenience or hardship of isolating,   even though they may never have been infected.     It needs much more faith from people than the lockdown instructions.

What are the chances of people confusing the lockdown rules breach of Cummings with the separate and more important matter of tracing and isolating?

High.    Very high.

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Government says Schools to back on Monday, Lancashire Council, who my wife works for, says Schools not to go back as thier 5 teasts haven't been met!!!

I read 18 councils are not sending schools back.That was last week so could be more now.

14 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

That's what I've been posting (a few pages back), according to Cummings at no point were he and his wife ill at the same time and neither were too ill to look after their children.

Only channel 4 and sky appear to have picked up on this. The eyesight thing, I think, is deliberate to divert from this.

You can destroy Cummings story.

Actually it has been destroyed by various people.

1. Going back to work after he was with his wife who had symptoms

2. Inconsistencies with what his wife wrote.

3. Saying he was scared about his security when there is no evidence he did anything about it

4. His wife's family in London and the availability of other care arrangements

5. The trip to the hospital. 

6. The trip to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight.

7.That his statement was based around  media reports relating to sightings of him around Durham.

Hopefully start to see it all put together in one place. 

25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Test & Trace is just the next shambles. They could've done it anytime TBH...I am currently compiling a list of people I don't like just in case I get the call! My first name is Dominic Cummings. I'll say I stalked him very closely for 15 mins and it was probably me who he thought was threatening his family and endangering his London home.

Or you could have been one of the photographers 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

3. Saying he was scared about his security when there is no evidence he did anything about it

7.That his statement was based around  media reports relating to sightings of him around Durham.

A small point but the bang average journalism on this matter worries me.

Almost every person I have  spoken to has similar questions they want specific answers to.

For whatever reason they are refusing to link it all together and the lack of investigation leads you to believe there are issues in the background ( or they are just not good enough journalists) ..with the BBC seemingly unwilling to even try to put quality questions to those in charge it makes you think the government has had a word with them 'requesting' they go easy whilst the covid issue is ongoing

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Almost every person I have  spoken to has similar questions they want specific answers to.

For whatever reason they are refusing to link it all together and the lack of investigation leads you to believe there are issues in the background ( or they are just not good enough journalists) ..with the BBC seemingly unwilling to even try to put quality questions to those in charge it makes you think the government has had a word with them 'requesting' they go easy whilst the covid issue is ongoing

The Sunday papers might be where we'll see it all put together. 

Track and trace - if you comet into contact with someone you isolate for 14 days.

If you want a fortnight off work install a fake GPS and go mental til you find someone with it ha

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I might have missed it, but no MPs appear to be questioning his BS about being ill. Everyone is fixated on the hilarious eyesight excuse. Gove and Shapps (or Green, not sure what name he's going by this week!) obviously were lost for words trying to lie in front of the cameras and to journalists?

It is shocking that this government could be close to collapse 6 months into their term and midway through a pandemic and Brexit, which they lied about to grab power.

Weakened Offender
59 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

So why have a go at Scotland then?

Because he's a teapot. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Absolutely, the BBC is a disgrace. I mean, they've got that clueless football focus presenter interrogating MPs ,who can easily swat him aside.

He should be presenting strictly come dancing, and that is probably out of his depth.

Spellczech
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or you could have been one of the photographers 

Nah I'll have to pretend I got much closer. Perhaps I'll impersonate a policeman!

I assume that is photos of people taking photos for their social media at the moment when he leaves his house and there is a scrum of people with microphones on 2m booms and proper cameras over to the left?

10 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Absolutely, the BBC is a disgrace. I mean, they've got that clueless football focus presenter interrogating MPs ,who can easily swat him aside.

He should be presenting strictly come dancing, and that is probably out of his depth.

Here's a prime example of the BBC seemingly going easy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52824508

The BBC has said an introduction about Dominic Cummings on Tuesday's Newsnight did not meet the required standards of due impartiality.

The programme began with presenter Emily Maitlis saying "the country can see" Cummings had "broken the rules".

It should have made clear the remarks were "a summary of the questions we would examine" about the prime minister's aide, the corporation said.

The BBC said the news programme's staff had been reminded about its guidelines.

At the beginning of the BBC Two programme, Maitlis said the country was "shocked" that the government could not see that Boris Johnson's aide had broken the rules by travelling from London to County Durham during the coronavirus lockdown.

She said the "public mood" was "one of fury, contempt and anguish", and that Cummings had made people who struggled to keep to the government's rules "feel like fools".

She continued: "The prime minister knows all this. But despite the resignation of one minister, growing unease from his backbenchers, a dramatic early warning from the polls and a deep national disquiet, Boris Johnson has chosen to ignore it.

"Tonight we consider what this blind loyalty tells us about the workings of Number 10."

In a statement on Wednesday, the BBC said it had "reviewed the entirety of last night's Newsnight, including the opening section".

"While we believe the programme contained fair, reasonable and rigorous journalism, we feel that we should have done more to make clear the introduction was a summary of the questions we would examine, with all the accompanying evidence, in the rest of the programme," it continued.

"As it was, we believe the introduction we broadcast did not meet our standards of due impartiality."

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

One, GT was blind if he thought his post had been removed as it hadn't. 

GT was having internet issues, so you can sook the fat one.

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Aye, OK. 

Good man, I knew you'd see sense. 👍

vegas-voss
25 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

They have threw their decent journalist under the bus today by reprimanding her for basically calling his story out as bullshit.

33 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I might have missed it, but no MPs appear to be questioning his BS about being ill. Everyone is fixated on the hilarious eyesight excuse. Gove and Shapps (or Green, not sure what name he's going by this week!) obviously were lost for words trying to lie in front of the cameras and to journalists?

It is shocking that this government could be close to collapse 6 months into their term and midway through a pandemic and Brexit, which they lied about to grab power.

He broke the rules and did worse than Calderwood by going back to work after being with his wife who had symptoms.

There is no small print excuse for that.

14 day self isolation is the rule.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

A liar for a ride. I meant to say wife. I amended it but obviously too late.

:vrface:

I thought that was just up to your usual high standards Jonno

20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Nah I'll have to pretend I got much closer. Perhaps I'll impersonate a policeman!

I assume that is photos of people taking photos for their social media at the moment when he leaves his house and there is a scrum of people with microphones on 2m booms and proper cameras over to the left?

Yes

Better shots of them in a scrum 

Is that you in the middle?

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

So why have a go at Scotland then?

I didn’t? Where did I? 

edit:  I think you are referring to the FMQ post.  I was describing what I saw being discussed on TV.  The care home number in Scotland is horrendous as it is in England.  I’m not saying it’s worse up here than in the whole UK.

stop looking for insults where none are intended.  The care home situation is a disgrace at a Scottish, English, UK, Welsh level.  I actually also specifically gave Sturgeon credit for acknowledging the issue which the UK government has never done.  

if my posts annoy you so much just stick me on ignore.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

The Mighty Thor
56 minutes ago, Victorian said:

TTT&I really needs good compliance.    The Cummings farce has seriously compromised good compliance.    Complying to isolation instructions is probably way more important than the compliance of lockdown rules.    It's different because it requires people to isolate,   with all the consequences that causes,   even if they have no symptoms.     It requires people to believe they might be infected.    It requires people to bear the inconvenience or hardship of isolating,   even though they may never have been infected.     It needs much more faith from people than the lockdown instructions.

What are the chances of people confusing the lockdown rules breach of Cummings with the separate and more important matter of tracing and isolating?

High.    Very high.

Given what's just gone on and the bullshit around it, I'd imagine there will be a whole load of people who will just say **** it and crack on with their lives. 

So you get a phone call from some random

'you might have been in contact with an infected person' 

Who? 

'cant say, confidentiality'

Where?

'cant say, confidentiality, you need to isolate for 14 days'

Righto. Thanks for your call. 

Aye it's going to work a treat 👍

vegas-voss

Does anybody even believe he was ill.Sounds more like he has just went on a jolly to celebrate his wife's  birthday in what he thought would be peace away from everything.Its bullshit that he wouldn't have been able to get tested **** me Goves daughter got tested did she not and she is only a student not Boris"s right hand man.

Edited by vegas-voss

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Here's a prime example of the BBC seemingly going easy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52824508

The BBC has said an introduction about Dominic Cummings on Tuesday's Newsnight did not meet the required standards of due impartiality.

The programme began with presenter Emily Maitlis saying "the country can see" Cummings had "broken the rules".

It should have made clear the remarks were "a summary of the questions we would examine" about the prime minister's aide, the corporation said.

The BBC said the news programme's staff had been reminded about its guidelines.

At the beginning of the BBC Two programme, Maitlis said the country was "shocked" that the government could not see that Boris Johnson's aide had broken the rules by travelling from London to County Durham during the coronavirus lockdown.

She said the "public mood" was "one of fury, contempt and anguish", and that Cummings had made people who struggled to keep to the government's rules "feel like fools".

She continued: "The prime minister knows all this. But despite the resignation of one minister, growing unease from his backbenchers, a dramatic early warning from the polls and a deep national disquiet, Boris Johnson has chosen to ignore it.

"Tonight we consider what this blind loyalty tells us about the workings of Number 10."

In a statement on Wednesday, the BBC said it had "reviewed the entirety of last night's Newsnight, including the opening section".

"While we believe the programme contained fair, reasonable and rigorous journalism, we feel that we should have done more to make clear the introduction was a summary of the questions we would examine, with all the accompanying evidence, in the rest of the programme," it continued.

"As it was, we believe the introduction we broadcast did not meet our standards of due impartiality."

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They have threw their decent journalist under the bus today by reprimanding her for basically calling his story out as bullshit.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He broke the rules and did worse than Calderwood by going back to work after being with his wife who had symptoms.

There is no small print excuse for that.

14 day self isolation is the rule.

Disgusting. Other countries would be rioting by now.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Does anybody even believe he was ill.Sounds more like he has just went on a jolly to celebrate his wife's  birthday in what he thought would be peace away from everything.Its bullshit that he wouldn't have been able to get tested **** me Gives daughter got tested did she not and she is only a student not Boris"s right hand man.

I don't believe any of it. He bolted out Downing St like a scalded cat the day bawjaws went down and fecked off up north the next day. 

It's a complete fable. All of it. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Does anybody even believe he was ill.Sounds more like he has just went on a jolly to celebrate his wife's  birthday in what he thought would be peace away from everything.Its bullshit that he wouldn't have been able to get tested **** me Goves daughter got tested did she not and she is only a student not Boris"s right hand man.

That is exactly what he's done, gone off to celebrate a birthday & used his child as an alibi.

All the people outside his house are there because he lied & put his family in danger. Nobody's fault but his own.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

High.    Very high.

I agree with this.  Heard a piece on the radio saying that people have so far complied but can you imagine if you had a holiday booked and two days before you get a call saying you need to self isolate for 7 days.  How many people would actually then comply.  

Does anyone else find the Cummings story really boring?

I get he did the wrong thing, and that is an arrogant tw@t, and that on balance he should resign or be sacked. But struggling to muster up the whole faux outrage thing. 

Have heard people on TV and radio go over and over his story picking through all the details of a drive from London to Durham. It’s like a really unexciting version of Making A Murderer or something.  

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Reality TV show contestant, Penny Mordaunt, has put her head above the parapet & is questioning if Cummings was even ill.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/27/inconsistencies-dominic-cummings-story-senior-tory-penny-mordaunt-lockdown

Despite Mr Cummings’ statement yesterday, I am personally still not clear of the facts. There are some inconsistencies in his account of events and the reasons behind it. I am not clear about when he would have been symptomatic and on what dates he should have been in isolation. Or whether it was appropriate he drove home at the time he did.

15 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I get he did the wrong thing, and that is an arrogant tw@t, and that on balance he should resign or be sacked. But struggling to muster up the whole faux outrage thing. 

Have heard people on TV and radio go over and over his story picking through all the details of a drive from London to Durham. It’s like a really unexciting version of Making A Murderer or something.  

Note - contains swearing.

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

2.10 onwards is brilliant.

And actually possibly the Government's mistake - underestimating the public reaction.

AlimOzturk

He will get away with it but his reputation and that of the Tories are ruined for as long as they are there. They won't win another election with Boris and Cummings in charge that's for certain. 

Shite they got such a big majority last time round. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

The outrage is really about him being the architect of Brexit. 

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

He will get away with it but his reputation and that of the Tories are ruined for as long as they are there. They won't win another election with Boris and Cummings in charge that's for certain. 

Shite they got such a big majority last time round. 

4 years of doing things that benefit their friends and see them alright they won't need to win another election.Did you see that housing secretary admitted he done some billionaire property developer a favour so that he would not have to pay out £40m in taxes.Has anything happened to him no just a weak i'm sorry.

37 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Time to move on 

I'm glad you are on this thread.Brighten up my day no end.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Not from me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Somebody please put a sock in piers Morgan. Seems to think he’s the man of the people. Much of what he’s posting is correct but he’s still a massive dick

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Not sure

Certainly from his enemies 

But you might be underestimating the actual real sacrifices ordinary people have made. 

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not from me.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure

Certainly from his enemies 

But you might be underestimating the actual real sacrifices ordinary people have made. 

Couldn’t agree more that he’s made ordinary people look like idiots. I don’t know how we got to a situation that the likes of Johnson, Cummings and Gove are so influential. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

I don’t know how we got to a situation that the likes of Johnson, Cummings and Gove are so influential. 

Corbyn, McDonnel and Abbott. 

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Somebody please put a 3 iron up piers Morgan.

Much of what he’s posting is correct but he’s still a massive dick.

^^^^ What he said.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Couldn’t agree more that he’s made ordinary people look like idiots. I don’t know how we got to a situation that the likes of Johnson, Cummings and Gove are so influential. 

He's done more than make folk look like idiots, he's made folk feel like idiots.

Folk who have lost loved ones.

Folk who have lost their livlihood.

Folk who have made big sacrifices for the common good.

It's unforgivable. In less enlightened times we'd have him on the scaffold.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

:rofl:

Slight correction, it wasn't a cottage he went to. According to Cummings it wasn't nice, it was "concrete blocks".

What a lying sack of crap, piss & jizz Dominic Cummings is. Deserves everything that will come his way.

39 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If that was true then logically only remainers would want him sacked.

Many people haven't forgiven him for playing a large part in Brexit, but Catherine Calderwood and Neil Ferguson had to resign after similarly breaking guidelines they'd been partly responsible for drawing up. 40 Tory MPs have called for him to resign, not because they want to reverse Brexit, but because they are hearing from angry constituents who stuck to the rules like mugs.

The year 2020

UK government content to be known as liars.   Social media platform forced to fact-check the US President's lunatic ramblings.

Mind that time we knew the Russians and Chinese as the liars?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic