Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

It's not like choosing to conform with the masses that NASA went to the moon or choosing to be a sceptic.    THAT is a self contained belief that has no consequences for others.

Choosing that the instruction to isolate is not necessary merely avoids short term personal inconvenience.     You can't opt out of being a chain of infection.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Only if people let it.  Why because he is such a slimy lying rule breaker should we all ignore advice that will help us avoid another lockdown.  

the people who are now blaming Cummings for ignoring advice, not following TTI protocols etc are just making an excuse and if it wasn’t that it would be some other reason not to do it (not aiming that at you btw)

we can either be like Cunmings and BoJo or be better than them.  

👍

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

After seeing photos from places like Linhope Spout, Richmond Falls and Devil's Bridge last weekend, I think a second wave and another lockdown looks inevitable. 

It certainly appears that the building blocks are there to add up to another wave.    It doesn't look great tbh.     I'm as hopeful as the next person that it will somehow just go away but it certainly hasn't shown much benevolence so far.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Correct.   Cummings breaking the rules is irrelevant to the public health duty.

Incorrect.Cummings and the UK government have made Covid19 trivial. It now looks like Government control. And now with the Civic Duty propaganda, it makes it even worse. 

Russia eat your heart out!

54 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It doesn't need to be ****ed.How about let's not let one man **** it.

Naw

39 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You are joking. About 90% of this thread has been having a go at the WM Govt. about 2% has involved mild criticism of the Holyrood Govt. Much but not all of the former deserved and more deserved than criticism of the latter, which nevertheless has got off lightly for those mistakes it has made.

Shite alert!

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It certainly appears that the building blocks are there to add up to another wave.    It doesn't look great tbh.     I'm as hopeful as the next person that it will somehow just go away but it certainly hasn't shown much benevolence so far.

Keeps popping up in South Korea but to them 79 new cases is significant

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Incorrect.Cummings and the UK government have made Covid19 trivial. It now looks like Government control. And now with the Civic Duty propaganda, it makes it even worse. 

Russia eat your heart out!

Aye I have a problem with the civic duty message.Its pretty much taking away any blame from them imo.

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

People not believing the risk warrants it is irrelevant.    The individual belief has no bearing whatsoever on the system's purpose or effectiveness.    It simply exists and,   if you proceed on the basis that it IS necessary,   it needs people to observe it.    You do realise that the virus isn't just going to bypass all the non-believers?    

I don't disagree, the part of your post I originally referenced in bold was where you had said why people had reached that individual belief; I was just saying there was another reason, that they simply don't (won't?) recognise there is a risk rather than believing themselves to be exempt from the 'civic duty'. Rather, that they don't believe there is a civic duty to do either lockdown or TTI.

I'm not a non-believer, but no I of course don't believe you can just wish it away and it will avoid you. That said, I'm less concerned about catching it than I am staying in lockdown for an extended period of time or being sporadically put into self isolation.

The app is a complete irrelevance.    It is not going to be the central tool of the system.    In fact it may well be practically redundant.    The real tracing will be done manually.

Then quite honestly, I can't see how it will work. I go into Tesco and later find out I was infected; how are they going to trace all those people I was in proximity to?

Edit: or maybe more pertinent, say a Tesco employee displays symptoms, how are they going to contact every person that went into that store for the preceding 14 days?

If you are opposed to lockdown and oppose being bound by the instruction to isolate then you're trying to opt out altogether.     You get asked to isolate... you don't... you infect the next person who may well have faith that the people they are interacting with are not infected.

The choice of opting out is not a self contained option to take a personal risk.    It has consequences for others.    Multiply that by 10,000 and we're back in lockdown.

Everyone is taking a risk currently if they choose to spend time in proximity to others, that's their choice based on how they perceive that risk. Once lockdown is lifted, I'll be amazed if we see it return, and that won't be because of adherence to TTI imo as I don't believe enough people will do it.

2nd edit: just to be clear, I'm not opposed to it from some ideological viewpoint, I just don't believe it will work.

Edited by Taffin

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Being extremely well of is no reason to be despised, PFK.

:rofl:

It depends on how you got the money, it’s through hacking dead kids phones and having little or no talent then you should be despised. If it’s because you’re family just happens to be Royalty and you’ve never worked a day in your life. If you someone like Trump who inherited money and has been frankly a disaster as a businessman, and all his other character traits, and somehow get to where he has then yes you should be despised. If you are Richard Branson, Tim Martin etc, dodge taxes and treat your staff like shit then yeah I will despise them. If you are a multi millionaire, are unelected and running the UK, break the rules and lie about it yes then I will despise him too. 

The Mighty Thor

The opportunity to reaffirm the public health message was there last weekend. Sack Cummings and you've bought compliance and buy in. 

They shat it and the baw is now well and truly up the slates. 

I've sat at home, barely traveled to the shops etc for 67 days. I've supported it 100% and defended it 100%.

Now? I'll continue to look after myself, washing my hands didn't start on 23rd March for me. I'll social distance and try not to put myself into situations I can't control. Now though it's time to get back to real life. I want to get back to work whilst I still have a job to go to and see my family for the first time in nearly 10 weeks. 

They can stick their phone app right up their farter and if NHS callcentre  calls me to advise I may or may not have been near someone with Covid then I'll exercise the newly found legal loophole of my judgement to decide whether or not I isolate for 14 days.

I've played along but now I'm done with it all. 

When you lose the trust, it's gone.  

Weakened Offender
12 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I like to think I try to be as balanced as I can be on this thread bearing in mind we all have political leanings that naturally influence us.

I like to think you're one of the poisonous posters on this thread. Disgusting stuff from you throughout. 

vegas-voss

Good question on shops.If a shop worker gets it they are effectively going to have to shut the whole of that shift pattern down.So therefore the shop.

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Good question on shops.If a shop worker gets it they are effectively going to have to shut the whole of that shift pattern down.So therefore the shop.

My understanding is that it’s only people you have been in “close contact” with that need to isolate. So basically anyone that you have had face to face conversations with in the 2 days prior to you exhibiting symptoms. So, it wouldn’t be everyone who was on shift with you. 

AlimOzturk

Dominic Cummings paved the way to non compliance. They never sacked him so they basically gave everyone the middle finger. Can't blame anyone for nor trusting the government. People can sit and say that the Scottish Government are in control.of these things here but until we have independence then we are still under the Westminster rule as well. 

**** em. They can ram their app up their arse. 

16 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I like to think you're one of the poisonous posters on this thread. Disgusting stuff from you throughout. 

Stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think of him. 

6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Open the pubs in Scotland on July 12th

And the NHS Louisa Jordan simultaneously...:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

My understanding is that it’s only people you have been in “close contact” with that need to isolate. So basically anyone that you have had face to face conversations with in the 2 days prior to you exhibiting symptoms. So, it wouldn’t be everyone who was on shift with you. 

I've not kept up with how it can be spread but does this mean that surface contact has been dismissed as a method of passing on the virus?

Good news if so and I'll stop being so careful on that front. I've bought a couple of things at the supermarket I picked up in error and then didn't want to put back on the shelf so just bought them anyway 😂

Governor Tarkin
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It depends on how you got the money, it’s through hacking dead kids phones and having little or no talent then you should be despised. If it’s because you’re family just happens to be Royalty and you’ve never worked a day in your life. If you someone like Trump who inherited money and has been frankly a disaster as a businessman, and all his other character traits, and somehow get to where he has then yes you should be despised. If you are Richard Branson, Tim Martin etc, dodge taxes and treat your staff like shit then yeah I will despise them. If you are a multi millionaire, are unelected and running the UK, break the rules and lie about it yes then I will despise him too. 

When I finally got around to going to uni I met plenty of offspring of toffs from the landed gentry and minor aristocracy. Filthy rich and thoroughy good folk for the main part, although I can see how their connections, confidence and can-do attitude could be misconstrued as nepotispm, arrogance and entitlement.

Inverse snobbery is just as bad as it's more oft cited bedfellow.

He who fights with monsters, big guy. 👍

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

When I finally got around to going to uni I met plenty of offspring of toffs from the landed gentry and minor aristocracy. Filthy rich and thoroughy good folk for the main part, although I can see how their connections, confidence and can-do attitude could be misconstrued as nepotispm, arrogance and entitlement.

Bang on.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Just seen on the news just now even if you have had Covid but get a call from NHS as part of track and trace you have still to self isolate for two weeks.

Not just that but you could get a call every few weeks, you could in theory self isolate then go back to work, then a week later get a call, self isolate for two weeks, go back to work then a week later etc etc etc, someone could in fact have to self isolate multiple times.

Hancock was asked this very thing this morning and his reply was that you'd be covered by being classed as on the sick, maybe so, but can't see employers putting up with that scenario for long, equally folks need to put food on the table, sick pay isn't that much.

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aw, The Toffs had a wee toy at uni, while they waited for their inheritance.

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not just that but you could get a call every few weeks, you could in theory self isolate then go back to work, then a week later get a call, self isolate for two weeks, go back to work then a week later etc etc etc, someone could in fact have to self isolate multiple times.

Hancock was asked this very thing this morning and his reply was that you'd be covered by being classed as on the sick, maybe so, but can't see employers putting up with that scenario for long, equally folks need to put food on the table, sick pay isn't that much.

And the self employed would get hee haw

Prevalence in Scotland down about 25% since the last surveillance data.    Decent.   But on a per capita basis,   still about 2,000 non hospital infections in the community in a city the size of Edinburgh.    

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Your comic timing is class!!!!

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Prevalence in Scotland down about 25% since the last surveillance data.    Decent.   But on a per capita basis,   still about 2,000 non hospital infections in the community in a city the size of Edinburgh.    

2000 you say....**** all if you ask me. Chances of me or you getting is pretty much zero. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

2000 you say....**** all if you ask me. Chances of me or you getting is pretty much zero. 

Yep.   19,000 in Scotland.    Per capita approx 2,000.   These figs do not include hospital and care homes.

I wonder what the granular detail is.    How many are confirmed and isolated?   How many are within the unknown set,   estimated from the surveillance extrapolation?    

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

If that post was from anyone else but you I would give it due. consideration.  

you are a troll, nothing more nothing less, a troll whose every post is designed to offend and shock.

you are pathetic and I’m almost certain you are a Hibs fan here for no other reason than to annoy.  Back to your own board troll.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

vegas-voss
23 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

And the self employed would get hee haw

Aye labour mp was on this morning saying that this needs to change while this virus is on going.

Ainsley Harriott
36 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You sound bitter? 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Open the pubs in Scotland on July 12th

We all know the Scottish governments stand on alcohol, There will be no rush to open pubs.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Did Sturgeon say you can meet in a private garden ?

Yes but still keep 2 meters apart and don’t share anything.

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, obua said:

Yes but still keep 2 meters apart and don’t share anything.

Ok  thanks.I think we will just stick to meeting outside at the park for now anyway.

Governor Tarkin
45 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Such petty jealousy for one so young.

Shame on you, aussieh mate. :(

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Did Sturgeon say you can meet in a private garden ?

Yes, one household at a time.  Feels like a big step forward today.  Especially with the sun shining.

The sad thing is I am almost more excited about the tip opening than anything!  

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

There are defo some people who have been absolutely revelling in his demise. I imagine those are people who already had a dislike for the guy, and this is a great “gotcha” moment for them. 

I understand that a lot of people outside of the above are pi$$ed off at the hypocrisy.

People are passed off at his hypocrisy, telling everyone else to stay at home and then going away for a jaunt with his wife and son, under the pretext of a transparent made up story. 
Nothing to do with Brexit. That’s just an excuse being made up to try to have us feel sorry for him. He’s a nasty piece of work, who has made plenty enemies by not giving a toss about the welfare of other people with young families.

If it was about Brexit, how come a similar row didn’t come about when his mate Farage said he took a 100 mile trip down to the south coast to look out for illegal immigrants crossing the channel? Another laughable excuse. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yes, one household at a time.  Feels like a big step forward today.  Especially with the sun shining.

The sad thing is I am almost more excited about the tip opening than anything!  

The tip will be a nightmare, Brighton.

Better to find one of those taped off car parks near a local beauty spot and unload your boot there. 👍

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yep.   19,000 in Scotland.    Per capita approx 2,000.   These figs do not include hospital and care homes.

I wonder what the granular detail is.    How many are confirmed and isolated?   How many are within the unknown set,   estimated from the surveillance extrapolation?    

East Lothian 

106,000 population

81 deaths (excess deaths, all cause)

55 in care homes - 26 outside

Very roughly = 0.024% chance of dying outside a care home

234 active infections

Very interesting when you look at the detail and scale of what is happening. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Me too but that’s before they go into the big bad world, do you any of them now and how they’ve adapted. 
It’s more a hatred of them, due to my own experiences,than snobbery in my opinion, but you’re probably right 👍🏽.

Pasquale for King

Anyone else have a giggle when she  mentioned for the second time couples that live apart, and how they will need to keep socially distancing 😃😆🤣.

vegas-voss

So Sturgeon mentions non contact sport and some folk think the the SPFL could be played.Do folk not watch football when they go to it , it's quite clearly a contact sport.

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Don't get too excited, only for bags, garden waste and cardboard in South Lanarkshire

I can live with that, it’s my wee ones 4th birthday next week and as she can’t have a party, see grandparents etc we may have gone OTT in the presents.  I have enough cardboard in the house to build a hotel!  

good to know though might have to phone one of those junk collectors for the rest.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

54 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Your comic timing is class!!!!

GT can take it. But thanks 😊😁

36 minutes ago, obua said:

We all know the Scottish governments stand on alcohol, There will be no rush to open pubs.

Well if my experience is anything to go by they've got that way wrong. My alcohol consumption has gone up since lockdown.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic